Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestion

+12
stars
Manleva
FarleShadow
Special Agent 47
Jiro
seaborgium
Kenzu
Kingofshinobis1
Admin
kingkongfan1
Nomad
goku1719
16 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

suggestion - Page 4 Empty Re: suggestion

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:49 pm

why cant the admin just set it himself?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4596
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:54 pm

then what is the point of a market?
there is a market where he has set them, you use market trades for them.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:20 pm

i think thats player set.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:22 pm

This is admins area
Trade Center
Your Realm
Kuwal Untrained Units Turns
0 1,500 2,491
Current Market Rates [Market Buys / Market Sells]
[ 2,317,919,850 / 2,240,655,855 ] [ 18,600 / 17,980 ] [ 150 / 145 ]
Select Goods and Exchange Rate
Sell your

ours is
Galactic Private Market

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:51 pm

seaborgium wrote:This is admins area
Trade Center
Your Realm
0 1,500 2,491
Sell your

ours is
Galactic Private Market

But doesn't sales made in the GM area effect the prices in Admins trade center? I thought it did.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:18 pm

yea it does so thats playes set

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Nomad wrote:But doesn't sales made in the GM area effect the prices in Admins trade center? I thought it did.
not at all, the trade center has a set amount of resources on it. the only resources coming and going from it are the resources people trade.

over time it will grow slightly since you pay 150 turns of resources and receive 145 turns worth of resources in return.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:But doesn't sales made in the GM area effect the prices in Admins trade center? I thought it did.
not at all, the trade center has a set amount of resources on it. the only resources coming and going from it are the resources people trade.

over time it will grow slightly since you pay 150 turns of resources and receive 145 turns worth of resources in return.

ok?

Doesn't that mean that all of 1 resource can be bought from it tho? I'm willing to bet AT are bought more then anything else and UU are sold more then anything else. So what does set the price? you or the trades made by players in the game?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:08 pm

goku1719 wrote:lol, can we get back on topic? Admin, why cant we have fixed prices for uu and at? Like 1,000,000 kuwal = 10 u = 0.1 at?

The reason why we don't do that is because people like to buy and sell at their own rates. Another problem with that is that that would put the bigger players at a major advantage. (not like they don't have enough of one as is lol).

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:41 pm

Nomad wrote:Doesn't that mean that all of 1 resource can be bought from it tho? I'm willing to bet AT are bought more then anything else and UU are sold more then anything else. So what does set the price? you or the trades made by players in the game?
there's a fixed 150 AT pay and 145 AT get value for each package. how many units and kuwal you get/pay are based on how much is left on the market.

actually it's not as one sided. yes those two are overall big streams but last time i checked they weren't a vast majority
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:36 pm

well big players deserve big advantage for their hard work, dedication and cunning.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:54 pm

There is no reason to have fixed prices. Let the forces of supply and demand command the price, because that's the price that people are happy and willing to pay to buy/sell their resources.

If it was fixed at:
1,000,000 kuwal = 10 u = 0.1

Then, everyone would dump all the kuwal to buy UU and AT until the market would end up with nothing except kuwal.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:16 pm

hmm true. Okay going back to my original idea, if its unfair in wars that someone logs on and finds all their at gone, then isnt it also unfair when someones uu/kuwal has been stolen? Or that they cant fight in the war because all their attack soldiers/supers have been massed? Then the whole game would have no point or will become so boring that no one will play.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:39 pm

Nomad wrote:
Trade Center
Your Realm
0 1,500 2,491
Sell your

ours is
Galactic Private Market

But doesn't sales made in the GM area effect the prices in Admins trade center? I thought it did.

It affects them indirectly.
Due to something called arbitrage.

TC is heavily influenced by GM because people will buy resources that are cheapest in one of the two markets and sell them where they are more expensive. This force guides TC and GM to more balance.

Example:
Trade center has a set amount of resources.
for example
1.500.000 AT
150.000.000 UU
22.500.000.000.000 kuwal

You can pay 150 AT, or 15.000 UU or 2.250.000.000 kuwal
thats an AT price of 15.000.000

Let's say that the GM price increased to 20.000.000 per AT.
No matter if you need the AT or not, everyone with SS should be buying all AT from the trade center and selling them on galactic market.
This allows everyone to make 5 million profit per 1 AT. Over the course of a week 16*145*5.000.000=11.6 billion profit.

People will buy AT on the trade center until they can make no profit in the galactic market.
By doing so they decrease the number of AT in trade center and increase number of UU and kuwal.
This will increase the price of each AT, and if GM price doesnt change, then in the long run, AT price in trade center will reach 20.000.000 per AT.

Making profits of different prices between two markets (TC and GM) is called arbitrage. I guess a lot of people on AW make arbitrage without even heard of such word.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:03 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:
Trade Center
Your Realm
0 1,500 2,491
Sell your

ours is
Galactic Private Market

It affects them indirectly.
Due to something called arbitrage.

TC is heavily influenced by GM because people will buy resources that are cheapest in one of the two markets and sell them where they are more expensive. This force guides TC and GM to more balance.

Example:
Trade center has a set amount of resources.
for example
1.500.000 AT
150.000.000 UU
22.500.000.000.000 kuwal

You can pay 150 AT, or 15.000 UU or 2.250.000.000 kuwal
thats an AT price of 15.000.000

Let's say that the GM price increased to 20.000.000 per AT.
No matter if you need the AT or not, everyone with SS should be buying all AT from the trade center and selling them on galactic market.
This allows everyone to make 5 million profit per 1 AT. Over the course of a week 16*145*5.000.000=11.6 billion profit.

People will buy AT on the trade center until they can make no profit in the galactic market.
By doing so they decrease the number of AT in trade center and increase number of UU and kuwal.
This will increase the price of each AT, and if GM price doesnt change, then in the long run, AT price in trade center will reach 20.000.000 per AT.

Making profits of different prices between two markets (TC and GM) is called arbitrage. I guess a lot of people on AW make arbitrage without even heard of such word.

You make an assumption that is not true in many cases. What you fail to mention and/or realise is that the MT needed to buy from the TC have a signifigant value. Now this value can not be given a set price as each account will value MT differently. Many players see the natural bank space increase, or the useage of protections as far more important and more valuable then the 1 time amount of kewul you gain from buying AT from the TC to sell on the GM. I would dare say that only extremely new accounts, and very well built accounts would be using the stratagy of buying AT from TC to sell on GM. Now you can get far better rates selling AT to players at rates even higher then GM rates, but its still a more strategic plan to use MT more wisely in the form of Bank capasity increases, and having WT, and MR avalible for multiple protections.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 pm

goku1719 wrote:hmm true. Okay going back to my original idea, if its unfair in wars that someone logs on and finds all their at gone, then isnt it also unfair when someones uu/kuwal has been stolen? Or that they cant fight in the war because all their attack soldiers/supers have been massed? Then the whole game would have no point or will become so boring that no one will play.
Why was this whole comment ignored by everyone?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:45 pm

goku1719 wrote:
goku1719 wrote:hmm true. Okay going back to my original idea, if its unfair in wars that someone logs on and finds all their at gone, then isnt it also unfair when someones uu/kuwal has been stolen? Or that they cant fight in the war because all their attack soldiers/supers have been massed? Then the whole game would have no point or will become so boring that no one will play.

personally I did not understand your question/statement, as the only way I know to not have any AT's is to sell them, or to use them farming/raiding/massing. As far as losing kewal/soldiers go, it all depends upon the particular situation, sorry I can't be of more help...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:00 pm

[quote="goku1719"]
Why was this whole comment ignored by everyone?[/quote

I cannot see what is unfair about someone logging on to find all of their AT gone. AT cannot be stolen so the only way anyone will find all of their AT gone is if they have used them up themselves. In this situation they can buy more from the Trade Centre or on the Galactic Market (if they have Supporter Status)

I think that you need to consider it more like this. AT management is one of the fundamentals of the game, you need to both have AT and use AT and how you use your AT is important and you should be looking for the maximum return possible for each AT that you spend.

As this is a non reset game then growth will take time and patience is required as it takes time to build up your account.

I do agree with many of the points that you have made, Farming and Raiding is far to expensive in comparison to war actions however I don't think that it should be addressed by changing the number of AT's and MT's required but rather in the losses of Trained Units to both the attacker and defender. Farming and Raiding seems to be the cause of the most antagonism between players in AW and is not something I have encountered in other games.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:30 pm

@SA47
I value MT at the price which is equal to the profits I can make based on that.

In my example its 145*5 million.
1 MT for me has the value of 725 million

If you can save/gain more income than 3.6 billion 1 day protection (costs 5 MT), then you should do it. (Especially if you are at war with 20 billion daily income that would be farmed each turn.)

If the profit you can make from 5 MT by going on protection than trading resources, then you should not do that.

A good way to get upgrades which cost more than what your bank can hold is by making a farm run short before buying an upgrade, selling some resources on the GM/TC, or sitting on a protection after bank has been filled up.

You are right that increasing bank size and building up market reserves are important strategic decisions and very important in the case of war. However, after a couple months playing you should have enough of them and then using the trading AT strategy is definitely a good one.

Then again if you are farming/raiding a lot, then you will buy the AT without selling them on GM. In fact you might be buying AT from both markets at the same time.

goku1719 wrote:
Kuwal you can protect in a bank
uu you can protect by training normal units or idle units.
AT are not intended to be protected and thus there is no legal way of protecting them.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:03 pm

The bigger you get, and the higher the cost of upgrades, the more valuable the bank increase becomes to someone. I can also dispute most of the points you made but I will not because they hold true for you and your account presently. An example being what you can save on protection being used as a guide for MT value,,,,, well if you never get hit due to activity and a well build defense, then how can that have any value to it at all? Ultimately I do agree with what you said, I am just able to see how something effects someone other then myself. Thats something you seem to lack.

@ Goku,,,, Think about the exploitablity of what you ask for. How do you think you would do if someone completely destroyed your Defense, Attack, covert and assassins, and then took all your AT to boot. How will you rebuild? Do you think you would ever be able to overtake the same person if they are sitting on you and attacking you every day your off protection?

As it is, once attacked you can rebuild and farm using your AT. If you had no AT then you would not even be able to cobble together an type of militery offense or defense in the 4 days of protection, meaning after 4 days of protection they destroy your military and take all your AT once again.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:01 pm

I'd say that you can look at how much you get farmed each day.
Calculate an average.

If the average of how much kuwal has been stolen from you is HIGHER than the profit you can make from using MT and trading, then you should use it for protection.

AT is extremely important for rebuilding and I also believe it should not be stolen.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:35 pm

Kenzu wrote:I'd say that you can look at how much you get farmed each day.
Calculate an average.

If the average of how much kuwal has been stolen from you is HIGHER than the profit you can make from using MT and trading, then you should use it for protection.

AT is extremely important for rebuilding and I also believe it should not be stolen.

Your referring to SS players correct?

What are nonSS players to do?

Is their a statistic that shows the actual total % of SS players? Is there an actual statistic of the total % active SS players versus active nonSS players?(in this question, lets define active as 1 log in per week minimum, so as to include weekend players)

Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:50 pm

2.5 non SS players for 1 SS player
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:23 pm

Admin wrote:2.5 non SS players for 1 SS player

I assume that is active SS players versus active non SS platers?

just for clarification.

I must say I am honestly surprised in one sense, and saddened in another. I really thought the % would be much higher in the nonSS category, but saddened that by looking at the amount of "checks" in the trade center link that the overall number of active accounts is lower then I thought as well.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:15 pm

goku1719 wrote:
Kuwal you can protect in a bank
uu you can protect by training normal units or idle units.
AT are not intended to be protected and thus there is no legal way of protecting them.[/quote]
okay how do u protect attack and defence units, its still unfair to log on and find them DEAD.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down