Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different training system suggestion.

+3
kingkongfan1
Keinutnai
Special Agent 47
7 posters

Go down

Different training system suggestion. Empty Different training system suggestion.

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:12 pm

I know now may be a bad time to try for new or different systems, but I will go ahead and make this suggestion now before I forget it again, and hope it is considered in the future.

I would like to be able to use my training facilities in a batter manner. Presently you have to either train all in one group, and have to manually change from one type of unit to another if you need different things trained. I would like to suggest a simple % break up. Idles train instantly. So we have 5 unit types that train over time. Attack, defense, covert, assassins, and income. What I suggest is the 5 units listed, followed with a block that allows you to set a % per turn.

Using myself for an example, I recently trained a large amount of covert, assassin, and income units. So instead of spending 3 days training covert, then 3 days training assassins, and then many more days on income, why not allow me to train 33% of each per turn?

Where I feel this suggestion would be most effective is during war and rebuilding times. You have to rebuild 1 stat at a time, changing them multiple times a day. If you do not you will end up with 1 or 2 stats built but still really weak in one area allowing you to be easily scuttled by an opponent. Using the suggestion lets see an example. Example 1 is an account with 10,000 training facilities. It has been reduced to 0 in all 4 military stats. It will rebuild under the present system. Example 2 is the same account rebuilding under the suggested system.

EX1
Builds 100K of each of the 4 military divisions
Builds 10K defense men per turn taking 5 hrs *** leaving you open to cheap sabbs, and assassinations
Builds 10K assassins per turn taking 5 hrs ***leaving you open to cheap sabbs
Builds 10K covert per turn taking 5 hrs ***you now have a decent defense to all oncoming attacks but have 0 strike capability
Builds 10K strikers per turn taking 5 hrs

Total time to build 20 hrs, with a noteable weakness for 15 hours of that 20 hrs of 2/3s of the time required.

EX2
Builds 100K of each of the 4 military divisions
Builds 2,500 of each of the 4 per turn taking 20 hrs total

Total time to build is the same 20 hrs, but with all military division coming up equally with no easily exploitable weakness.

This can also be used with weapons factories as well, allowing att and defense weapons to be produced at the same time.

It would come in hand as well for construction pourposes. Presently you have to have the same amount of weapons facilities as training facilities or during training you end up with manless weapons or weaponless men. With this new system you could train 2,500 attack, 2,500 defense, and 5,000 income units with 10K training facilities, Then be able to build a matching 2,500 attack weapons, and 2,500 defense weapons while only needing 5,000 weapons factories instead of 10K.

I do not know the coding requirements nor issues. But if it is possible and can be done I can see it being useful, and being used in the training of men, building of weapons, building of aircraft, and building of muitions.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Different training system suggestion. Empty Re: Different training system suggestion.

Post by Keinutnai Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:52 pm

It is a very good suggestion. I love it!

Would it be ok for you if something is added which has 2 options that you can chose in the training page:

1) Traing acccording to priority
2) Train all units in proportion

By default you will have 1 selected, but if you select 2, then it will divide up all units you are training and train the same percentage of each.

So if you can train 15,000 unit per turn, and you are training 200,000 defense soldiers and 100,000 spies, it will be training 10k defenders and 5k spies each turn.

And same system for weapons.

Would that be ok for you?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Different training system suggestion. Empty Re: Different training system suggestion.

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Keinutnai wrote:It is a very good suggestion. I love it!

Would it be ok for you if something is added which has 2 options that you can chose in the training page:

1) Traing acccording to priority
2) Train all units in proportion

By default you will have 1 selected, but if you select 2, then it will divide up all units you are training and train the same percentage of each.

So if you can train 15,000 unit per turn, and you are training 200,000 defense soldiers and 100,000 spies, it will be training 10k defenders and 5k spies each turn.

And same system for weapons.

Would that be ok for you?

Just to clarify, are you saying the amount of umits in training decided the % trained per turn?

The way I see it I want to decided the % irrelevant to the amount being trained. Mainly due to income units. I may have 20 mill men being trained into income units. Then I want to add 1 mill to strike and defense. Well I want to train 25% strike, 25% defense and 50% income. If it is based on the amount being trained then it would be more like 90% income, 5% attack, and 5% defense.

My system allways more leeway on %s and changing those %. Your system if I understood it correctly is based on total amounts trained so if you ever start training a large group your rather hung.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:14 pm

I like this idea, & honestly I think keinutnai/kenzu made a valid point. My only question at this time is this... coding wise, is this possible? if it cannot be coded, is there any point in further discussion?
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:42 pm

I always thought this was done on purpose so we have to use more strategy. Personally, I would like this idea, but it removes part of the strategy involved in AW.

But my opinion is just an opinion and you guys can ignore me as always.
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:26 pm

Steveanaya wrote:I always thought this was done on purpose so we have to use more strategy. Personally, I would like this idea, but it removes part of the strategy involved in AW.

It may have been done intentionaly, I have no idea. Martin can clear that up. As for strategy I am not sure how strategy is more a factor then just screen time and being able to train more frequently and in smaller batches.

Why do you feel ignored?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:47 am

Well when you get massed and you have to rebuild-in order not to get pummeled during your rebuild phase you must activate protection/have more screen time.

And i feel ignored because a lot of my messages are often looked over and never replied to.
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:23 am

We have all felt that way at one time or another. Just keep pushing through, its the only way to improve this game we all have loved, and hated at times.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:36 am

[30 Sep] 19:16 XXXXX 38,631,516,188 Kuwal Stolen 10 1 2 2,059,200 XX,522,391,667 details
[30 Sep] 19:10 XXXXX 20,517,446,520 Kuwal Stolen 10 1457 6646 12,978,562,881 XX,111,000,731 details
[30 Sep] 16:05 XXXXX 85,211,806,448 Kuwal Stolen 10 1104 8650 20,399,707,440 XX,860,289,854 details

well who wouldn't love a day on AW like this? Smile
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:57 am

The reason why I mentioned stable percentages is to prevent the training page become too cluttered and to prevent it to look to complicated for people who will reigster in the future.

They will open the training page and see tons of training options (instead of a single train button they saw before priorities were added), and might become frustrated and quit the game.

That's why I'd like to keep it simple.

I do think that when someone is training military units, by default farmers should not train unless all military units are trained already.

@steveanaya
Your farming logs look amazing!
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:53 pm

You could always leave the "complicated" style as an option.
Leave a train button where it was and leave it functioning as usual, but also put the buttons for training 25% of unit A etc. where it is visible (i.e. in reach), so people won't have to search all over the training page for the advanced options.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:33 pm

We could tie the "advanced training" option to the advanced training facility and make it a account setting choice.

I agree it could be confusing for new players as Kenzu suggests.

I completely disagree that you should not be able to train income units while training military men. Adding a 1% increase to all 4 military divisions should not stop you from training income units. You should be able to train all units side by side. This is where having more training facilities then weapons factories comes into play.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:55 pm

Maybe the simplest way would be for it to be automatically unlocked once you build say construction yard 5, so new players do not need to bother with it, but all players who played for a week or longer will see this option.

SA47 idea is very good indeed. Such an update would not hurt the strategy of the game, but will save time for people, and it's always good to have an empire that can self-manage itself better and doesn't need constant babysitting.

Being an emperor is hard enough, one should not have to waste too much time on micromanagement.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:38 pm

When do you think Martin will have time to stop by and offer his opinion?
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:17 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Steveanaya wrote:I always thought this was done on purpose so we have to use more strategy. Personally, I would like this idea, but it removes part of the strategy involved in AW.
there's no strategy involved in logging in every 2 horus to change the priority of your training

It may have been done intentionaly, I have no idea. Martin can clear that up. As for strategy I am not sure how strategy is more a factor then just screen time and being able to train more frequently and in smaller batches.

Why do you feel ignored?
I see no reason being able to split up how you train the units since the whole system is only to prevent instant building up of massive stats to mass anyone without fear of getting attacked first

So I would support adding this
However I have absolutely NO idea how to add this from a user interface perspective without making it totally messy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down