Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

suggestion

+12
stars
Manleva
FarleShadow
Special Agent 47
Jiro
seaborgium
Kenzu
Kingofshinobis1
Admin
kingkongfan1
Nomad
goku1719
16 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

suggestion - Page 3 Empty Re: suggestion

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Admin wrote:
there is no mathematical difference between doing 10 attacks with making 300 mil profit per hit or doing 30 attacks with making 100 mil profit per hit.
except the obvious fact that you need to find 30 people to hit to make the same money whereas before you only needed to find 10.

I'm not going to argue the jest of your point, but this part I will argue greatly. There is a MAJOR difference in these to senerios when you have to purchase AT to do them.

@Goku,,, Yeah mate slow down a bit, your wording is alllll over the place.

@ KoS,,, what Sea is saying is that people will always be pushing the limits, and hes right.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:25 am

goku1719 wrote:to get mr action da at and st usage needs 2 go dwn. Admin da benefit wud be dat den da gam wud mak mr friggin sense. A farmin mission costs 10 weras it takes 5 at to destroy, my question wud b wen u do mr atakin? In a des mission, so shudnt da at usage b da otha way arnund!?

"I say, the point I am making is that my suggestion would allow players to engage in more fruitful combat, which would require the "Action Points" and "Supply Turn" cost to be suitably decreased. The benefit of these changes would be that the game's internal logic would be more logical. To 'farm' or otherwise 'remove' resources from another player costs only 10 'Action points', but to simply attack them without removing their money costs a mere FIVE!

I would kindly ask you this: [Translation error], which reinforces my original statement, surely the logic of the game would make more sense if the cost of either mission was reversed?

Your's Faithfully,
Goku1719."

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:46 am

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:
there is no mathematical difference between doing 10 attacks with making 300 mil profit per hit or doing 30 attacks with making 100 mil profit per hit.
except the obvious fact that you need to find 30 people to hit to make the same money whereas before you only needed to find 10.

I'm not going to argue the jest of your point, but this part I will argue greatly. There is a MAJOR difference in these to senerios when you have to purchase AT to do them.

@Goku,,, Yeah mate slow down a bit, your wording is alllll over the place.

@ KoS,,, what Sea is saying is that people will always be pushing the limits, and hes right.
ok, i'll rephrase
there is no mathematical difference between doing 10 attacks with making 300 mil profit per hit and paying 15 mil kuwal per attack turn or doing 30 attacks with making 100 mil profit per hit and paying 5 mil kuwal per attack turn

if at prices go down, so will the amount you steal, but you'll always make the same profit for each 1 bil kuwal worth of attack turns you spend
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:10 pm

Admin wrote:
ok, i'll rephrase
there is no mathematical difference between doing 10 attacks with making 300 mil profit per hit and paying 15 mil kuwal per attack turn or doing 30 attacks with making 100 mil profit per hit and paying 5 mil kuwal per attack turn

if at prices go down, so will the amount you steal, but you'll always make the same profit for each 1 bil kuwal worth of attack turns you spend

No explain how AT price is going to fall to begin with, and then explain how you think its going to fall by the EXACT % to keep them even? Remember there has to be AT to sell before AT can sell

Because it won't. The above senerio will NEVER work out that way.

Now that said, yes the jest of what your saying is correct, just not applicable to these games because they NEVER follow such patterns

If Farming was 2 times as profitable that does not mean AT will double in price, and if AT did double in price and farming became 1/2 as profitable then AT would not fall to 1/2 its price, it would drop yes but not fall to 1/2.

lastly, while farming/raiding and AT use can change daily, AT prices take weeks or months to follow

All these combined make your statements theoreticly true, but in actuality false. Wink
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:58 pm

AT prices would drop if we went with some of the ideas people have, stealing at's from others, etc. i.e. increasing supply of turns

If it would end up creating AT's that can only be used for war missions and only after you used up your regular AT's, then something might get rolling
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:39 pm

Admin wrote:AT prices would drop if we went with some of the ideas people have, stealing at's from others, etc. i.e. increasing supply of turns

If it would end up creating AT's that can only be used for war missions and only after you used up your regular AT's, then something might get rolling

I hate to say this, I really do.

What about "personal" and "tradeable" AT?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:54 pm

lol ur thinkin of samurai of legends? Haha. Guys i wud spel stf prperly bt typin wiv ma fon is a pain so i cnt. Thank u admin fr agreeing wiv me. Bt one thing tho ther wil be a dif wen u do 30 frm runs rather than 10. Da dif wl b dat u wl make 3x mre profit if u use at wisely.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4596
Alliance : World Republic (TOC)
Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2010-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:18 pm

goku if you expect me to read your posts then write in remotely legible english
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:25 pm

lol sry. i wud hv if i wer on the laptop. typin on my fon tortures ma fngrs. Question: (this is off topic) wen in da gam it says "u r outta at/st, buy som, wait fr sum or hack som!" dnt we get in trouble fr hakin? Btw my english is more than remotely legible my friend, you just need to know how to decipher it.

Last edited by goku1719 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add a few things)

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:27 pm

goku1719 wrote:my english is more than remotely legible my friend, you just need to know how to decipher it.

Thats where your wrong my friend.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:00 am

Nomad wrote:
goku1719 wrote:my english is more than remotely legible my friend, you just need to know how to decipher it.
Thats where your wrong my friend.
I love how he presents 3 completely irrelevant theories
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:01 am

no you just need to type in the vowels and stop leaving them out.

Either type right or be ignored, its your choice.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:30 am

goku1719 wrote:lol sry. i wud hv if i wer on the laptop. typin on my fon tortures ma fngrs. Question: (this is off topic) wen in da gam it says "u r outta at/st, buy som, wait fr sum or hack som!" dnt we get in trouble fr hakin? Btw my english is more than remotely legible my friend, you just need to know how to decipher it.

"I am sorry. I would have done if I was on my laptop. Typing for me on my current computer causes me significant discomfort.
I have a question, which is alittle tangential: When in a game, it says 'You are out of action/supply points, you may purchase them for currency, be patient or steal some', do we not get in trouble for attemping to steal from others?

My English, whilst not the most easily digested, is still legible, but you merely need to spend alittle more time to decipher it than usual."

Editors note: How the shit can this kid not spell for candy, yet know *and spell* words like 'legible' and 'decipher'?

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:34 am

you do get that he's pulling one on you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:16 pm

haha fine i give up, now i dont care if my fingers break in half. Its a mobile phone i am writing from, not a computer farle. Okay, i shall rephrase my earlier query, do we not get banned in this game, like most others, for using illegal means to obtain advantages, for example hacking? Ps: is it really that obvious that i am a child? I do hope that my english is more understandable than in the near past. I also assume that you are completely flabbergasted by my sudden change in english, please dont be, this is how i write when i do not need to feel apprehension for my fingers. Pss: crap my fingers are killing me.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:27 pm

goku1719 wrote: do we not get banned in this game, like most others, for using illegal means to obtain advantages, for example hacking?

Yes.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:40 pm

then why does it say in the game ' ... Or hack some!'?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:47 pm

Humor.

There are more such as

Bad boys
Bad boys
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When they come for you
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:42 pm

where is that?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:50 pm

I guess you never been asked if your trying to break the game either then?

I'll actually have to try to remember what it is you have to do to get the bad boys message, its been a long time since I got it. LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:58 pm

lol the game is kind of funny.

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Nomad wrote:I guess you never been asked if your trying to break the game either then?

I'll actually have to try to remember what it is you have to do to get the bad boys message, its been a long time since I got it. LOL
i think i've left the bad boys message on the motd of the admin account.

there were a number of other "funny" messages but i've removed many of them for the sake of people understanding what they actually meant
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:I guess you never been asked if your trying to break the game either then?

i think i've left the bad boys message on the motd of the admin account.

there were a number of other "funny" messages but i've removed many of them for the sake of people understanding what they actually meant

I got the bad boys message ingame before, way before you put it on the admin account.

After getting one of those messages I just never tried it again, so I didnt know you removed most of them.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by goku1719 Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:58 pm

lol, can we get back on topic? Admin, why cant we have fixed prices for uu and at? Like 1,000,000 kuwal = 10 u = 0.1 at?

goku1719
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:07 pm

prices are set by the players, not the admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next