Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob suggestion

+5
Admin
Kenzu
Kingofshinobis1
Nomad
kaiballz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Noob suggestion Empty Noob suggestion

Post by kaiballz Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:48 am

Hi,

I'm still super new at this game (3rd day playing) so pls don't flame me for my noob suggestions...

but atm i think the biggest aim for our suggestions/improvements should be to keep new players in the game
or even to keep older players in the game

i have no idea what goes on in the higher ranked people (hey my strike action is an awesome 100k or something like that XD) but down here when all u do is farm inactives everyday it gets boring pretty fast

BUT here's the important part: maybe as veterans of the game some of you guys might (MIGHT! its just a guess from a NOOB!) have lost track of things and whats important and what better than a new player (me) who just came in fresh and washed behind the ears to say what he thinks

so i came on, learnt how to play the game and decided to hop onto the forum for abit cos it was getting just a little boring... strolling through the forums, i found something that piqued my interest. The empire wars/treaties forum. and i read a whole lot of threads. And i was really really interested to know that Aderan Wars had such a massive history behind it, its like the real world with its huge wars, like the dark crusade and whatnot. I just think its pretty cool to have such a realistic history. So point number 1: wars spice things up for current and old players.
BUT at the same moment i never liked the bad blood war creates between current players. The pawns probably aren't affected much but there is some really bad blood between the lynchpins and this results in a kind of insulting war (half of the threads i read are insults... like a person trying to prove a point but gets too angry and etc etc) and the passion is GOOD for the game but i don't think bad blood is good for the game... But again (this is my noob views and suggestions so pls ignore it if its totally wrong and such)

So here's my suggestion: we can have a situation WITH BOTH the passion of the wars while without stirring up bad blood which affects old players and (could, i dunno, probably not though) affect new guys too.

In some games i used to play, there will be a huge boss which everyone could whack to take him down and get some exp and good items. And that is one of the huge reasons mmorpgs have survived to this day, other than the pking, people mainly wanna lvl up and get stronger because there is a target, a goal to be stronger to take down like 10% of the monster's life instead of 5% to get better loot or something. And i think theres a way to implement that: make a huge computer generated account, bigger than any active account out there that whacks people randomly (but only a couple of times, so that nobody gets anihilated by this monster) and we all gotta try and take it down and get reward based on % of damage we dealt. This is a really really rough idea and probably alot of fine tuning is involved but if this idea gets any approval thats something i can't do until i get more experience in the game... over to you, veterans!

PS: im not suggesting the rate of ATs be changed either... i think thats great and enough. But i'm suggesting more ATs, like maybe a greater amount of starting ATs? or a greater rate of getting ATs in the 1st week, cos thats when we're really really enthusiastic for the game (assuming the new player has a little bit of patience to go thru the tutorial and such)

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2011-04-19

Back to top Go down

Noob suggestion Empty Re: Noob suggestion

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:15 am

There are real issues with the "AI" account, and it has been discussed more then once already.

I do agree the start point of ST and AT should be much higher for new accounts. IDK what it is now, but when I started you basicly had to sit and wait for a week or so to do anything.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:18 am

Yeah. I don't know what admin is thinking but I'm sure something will come sooner or later Smile

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:23 am

Nomad wrote:There are real issues with the "AI" account, and it has been discussed more then once already.

I do agree the start point of ST and AT should be much higher for new accounts. IDK what it is now, but when I started you basicly had to sit and wait for a week or so to do anything.

its 1k-2k.. i cant be sure cos i wasted some at the start when i was figuring out the game... yeap i hope there will be AI cos i think it will really help activity! (sort of like wars but with much less bloodshed)

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:09 am

It's 200 AT and 1000 ST. I believe this value hasn't changed for years.

You may be right that veterans might loose track of how it's like for new players.

About the discussions getting heated, it's easier said than done. I mean sure, people can try to be polite to each other, but after dozens get massed to the ground, it will breed hate in some of them, which they then bring to the forums.

Your suggestion of boss account reminds me of some older suggestion of AI accounts that would attack players at random. It not only requires more details how it should work, but would also take considerable time to code.

Giving more AT to new players is a suggestion that can be implemented easily and I think it's not a bad idea.

PS: You can increase the number of AT you get from 100 to about 160 if you vote each day.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:47 am

Yea I understand what you mean especially "dozens get massed to the ground, it will breed hate in some of them"
afterall we all put time and effort into our accounts, it can't be pleasant to see it razed to the ground

yup voting every day!
i guess the AI thing would be complicated... still hope it would be implemented though that'll be great =)

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:27 am

There's been several ideas but nothing "awesome"

Though TBH when I started in SGW (another game like this, but has been running for much longer) my motivation used to be various improvements over my account like bigger up and armysize, that's what keeps you running until farming inactives gets "boring" (because eventually clicking that button will get boring, no surprise there)

Here, you also should be aiming to get the personal awards since a golden supreme award (bottom 2 rows of achievements on gold) will give you another 10 Personal Bonus Points.
Once you get big enough, the supreme medal can give you 10 PBP for the gold level and then eventually up to another 10 PBP if you get even more medals (though afaik no one has more than 6-7 of those 10 because those medals are hard to get)

If it's that kind of "side quests" you're looking for, I am welcoming good ideas. But as you can imagine, it's hard to come up with an idea that is interesting, not abusable, not overly complicated, long enough not to take ages to complete but also not being doable in a day.

Also keep in mind one simple thing. There's a world difference between what one can allow to be implemented in a game which never resets and in one that does reset.
Things like AE, to limit growth of big accounts, and ST's, to prevent someone being able to play and harass other players by having no account whatsoever but just farm inactives all day.
Big players would clearly need to get more rewards than smaller players, since they would get harder quests, but still smaller players should have some chance of keeping up, i.e. having the chance of doing more smaller quests, which might take longer in total, but could compete with the rewards the bigger players get (quantity and quality)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:00 pm

Admin wrote:There's been several ideas but nothing "awesome"

Though TBH when I started in SGW (another game like this, but has been running for much longer) my motivation used to be various improvements over my account like bigger up and armysize, that's what keeps you running until farming inactives gets "boring" (because eventually clicking that button will get boring, no surprise there)

Here, you also should be aiming to get the personal awards since a golden supreme award (bottom 2 rows of achievements on gold) will give you another 10 Personal Bonus Points.
Once you get big enough, the supreme medal can give you 10 PBP for the gold level and then eventually up to another 10 PBP if you get even more medals (though afaik no one has more than 6-7 of those 10 because those medals are hard to get)

If it's that kind of "side quests" you're looking for, I am welcoming good ideas. But as you can imagine, it's hard to come up with an idea that is interesting, not abusable, not overly complicated, long enough not to take ages to complete but also not being doable in a day.

Also keep in mind one simple thing. There's a world difference between what one can allow to be implemented in a game which never resets and in one that does reset.
Things like AE, to limit growth of big accounts, and ST's, to prevent someone being able to play and harass other players by having no account whatsoever but just farm inactives all day.
Big players would clearly need to get more rewards than smaller players, since they would get harder quests, but still smaller players should have some chance of keeping up, i.e. having the chance of doing more smaller quests, which might take longer in total, but could compete with the rewards the bigger players get (quantity and quality)

@ kaiballz,,,
If your going to go after awards you best do them now when your really small. Some are borderline Impossible to get once you reach a certain size because of sheer cost (literally trillions and trillions of kewal), the time requirements (months) and the fact you can lose as much as 50 to 80% of your population should you be massed while in a "medal hunting" mode with your account.

@ Admin
As for quest, I understand why you say what you say, I just do not agree. I do not think quest should be a 1 day affair. I think they should take longer and longer to accomplish. I see nothing wrong with quest taking a week maybe even up to a month to complete. 1 day long quest mean 30 can be completed in a month, or 360 in a year. A week each means 4 in a month completed, and 48 per year. A month to complete means 1 a month and 12 a year. Can you really create 360 different quest?

As for quest rewards,,, I also disagree,,,, No let me change that. I do not fully agree with it. I think the same rewards to big and small are viable. It acts as a balancer much like AE, and it works just like PBP. The bigger and stronger getting MORE benifit = bigger and stronger getting bigger and stronger faster. Leaving them the same give a slight advantage to the weaker as it allows them to catch up or get closer quicker, but doen't allow them to become equals without the same time and resource committment. Either system will work, its just my opinion giving bigger players bigger bonuses is not neccissary.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:15 pm

and you said precicely what i said.

smaller player slightly bigger bonus
and quest SHOULDN'T be doable in a day
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:28 pm

Admin wrote:and you said precicely what i said.

1. smaller player slightly bigger bonus
2. and quest SHOULDN'T be doable in a day

1. Disagree personally but i am ok with the system. I still think it is unnecissary. I'll just send you a pm with a few examples,,, but again if you want more on smaller it will work out in the long run.

2. agreed

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kaiballz Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:09 am

Nomad wrote:
@ kaiballz,,,
If your going to go after awards you best do them now when your really small. Some are borderline Impossible to get once you reach a certain size because of sheer cost (literally trillions and trillions of kewal), the time requirements (months) and the fact you can lose as much as 50 to 80% of your population should you be massed while in a "medal hunting" mode with your account.

Thanks so much for the advice! And also for discussing my suggestion =)
PS: although i'm still very unsure of what medals do... at the start i thought it gave personal stat points, but sometimes when i get the medal i don't get the stat points so my thought was probably wrong.. X.X

On a side note, its nice to see the admin of the game taking interest in everyone's suggestion, even newbies I love you

kaiballz
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:25 am

kaiballz wrote:
Nomad wrote:
@ kaiballz,,,

Thanks so much for the advice! And also for discussing my suggestion =)
PS: although i'm still very unsure of what medals do... at the start i thought it gave personal stat points, but sometimes when i get the medal i don't get the stat points so my thought was probably wrong.. X.X

On a side note, its nice to see the admin of the game taking interest in everyone's suggestion, even newbies I love you

actually the bottom 2 rows can be earned equally hard no matter if you are big or small. They have absolute value requirements.
But all the others depend on other players.

Important thing to know however that for most of them you need a population of either 50% of average population or 100%.
Average population could be 5 million now I guess.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:08 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Important thing to know however that for most of them you need a population of either 50% of average population or 100%.
Average population could be 5 million now I guess.

Explain please.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:I would also like to ask for clarity,,,,, the "ways" once discussed for the bigger accounts to get the medals impossible for them to get now are completely gone or still being discussed?
Please remind me what the ways could have been.

Atm accounts which are under half AAS do not get any monthly medals.
Accounts above AAS get their AE included into their % trained as a multiplier. So if you're at 50% and you have 5% trained spies, then you will get ranked higher than someone with 100% AE and only 7.49% trained spies

Sea wait a day, it's setup so that either it gives you a supreme medal or extra points if you're above the 24 points.
I assume you're slightly confused because you only got 10 points instead of more

Gotten from https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2367-supreme-medal-released#29610

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:40 pm

Thanks Sea, I didnt know that.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:12 pm

nor did I untill admin posted that.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 pm

Last edited by Void on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 pm

The idea has some possibilities but probably fits more in with RA where there is already a resource trading feature between players.

I would rather see Admin concentration on Evolutions so that the Air Force can be tested before it gets introduced into Main.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 am

Manleva wrote:The idea has some possibilities but probably fits more in with RA where there is already a resource trading feature between players.

I would rather see Admin concentration on Evolutions so that the Air Force can be tested before it gets introduced into Main.
A-Men Manleva

@ Void,,,,,,

The problem is some/most people will not like having a large chunk of their income taken by something/someone they can not defend against. Secondly, if there is not an casualties then what stops "all" the active players going on these quest every time the "AI" arrives? Basicly what is the downfall or losses that result from it? All I see if gains from defeating it. You will see 1, if not 2 full "units" come together every time the AI comes to town just to gain the benifits of defeating or fighting it.

the idea needs more cultivation to be viable.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:28 am

well people want to have something to do ...

and that almost inadvertedly means having them do something that will have some net benefit, or at least recover losses. otherwise everyone will either ignore it or cry about losing stuff
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:18 am

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:50 pm

I STILL say we need to scrap all farming policies, & go at each other like rabid dogs...

no offense V, but if I couldn't pick & choose who would be on my team; I wouldn't be interested in this, I don't want just anyone to be able to join, just my preferance...

Also what happens when your team, (in my case it would be several members of my alliance) get done battling this NPC creature, we are low on AT's, ST's kuwal, Att & def soldiers, then someone drops a surprise attack/war upon us? we basicly get our buts kicked thats what... It's an idea, & I applaude you for it, but I don't trust any of the other alliances not to backstab us. JMO...

**EDIT**

just went back & reread your origional post. the "no casualities" part concerns me, sounds like the only thing to be lost in this is AT's & ST'S & these are the things it takes the longest to recoup, & are the most expensive to purchase... The more I read, the less I am interested, sorry.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : more info...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:47 pm

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 pm

The issue I have with it is your 12 hr time table. Its completely unfair. Those with the most time on their hands have the most log ins. Those people would never get hit, and never suffer losses of resources. Those same people are the ones who would be fighting the "AI" and gaining the resources from fighting it, so they lose nothing and gain something. On the other hand those with limited time lose resource to a beast which they can not defend from, and may not have time to recoupe those losses by fighting against it.

@ Kong,,,,,,, Basicly what I see this idea being is a way to do all your farming and raiding at one time. Just sit on your AT and ST and wait for the AI to come around. Battle it with all you have and reap the rewards.

I am not for or against the idea as a whole, I would just rather see the game remain as it is and thats player vs player interaction, not player vs AI and no/limited player to player interaction.

@ Void,,,,, its not our job to "contribute" to the idea. We can say we dont like it and why. Its called voicing an opinion and its needed so admin doent waste time working on an idea the majority dislike. If no one didnt say they disliked an idea and why, admin might think every does like it since no one said they didnt like it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 am

Void wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:I STILL say we need to scrap all farming policies, & go at each other like rabid dogs...

no offense V, but if I couldn't pick & choose who would be on my team; I wouldn't be interested in this, I don't want just anyone to be able to join, just my preferance...

Also what happens when your team, (in my case it would be several members of my alliance) get done battling this NPC creature, we are low on AT's, ST's kuwal, Att & def soldiers, then someone drops a surprise attack/war upon us? we basicly get our buts kicked thats what... It's an idea, & I applaude you for it, but I don't trust any of the other alliances not to backstab us. JMO...

**EDIT**

just went back & reread your origional post. the "no casualities" part concerns me, sounds like the only thing to be lost in this is AT's & ST'S & these are the things it takes the longest to recoup, & are the most expensive to purchase... The more I read, the less I am interested, sorry.

(**1**)No offense, but how does your post contributes to the idea? I'm going to give you a rough answer, but please take it lightly, because I don't really want to be mean.

It's very simple to demolish someone, but when you have to come up with something, with constructive criticism, you are happy to say: "The more I read, the less I am interested, sorry."

The green part can be solved. The attack doesn't start before the party leader initiates it and he has the right to remove anyone in his party. Sounds fair to me.

Orange part:(**2**) Isn't this a strategy game? I don't understand why are you complaining.(**3**) Being able to quest and battle with others in the same time, is skill.(**4**) You can vote,(**5**) you can use overtime,(**6**) you can plan better your attacks...(**7**) are you sure that you play the game longer than me? Razz

Blue part: ok, so introduce casualties... then no one is going to like the idea, because the alien will also have to cause casualties when farming/raiding and since he is supposed to be much powerful than anyone, he will obliterate defenses and all the attacking parties to dust... it will be IMPOSSIBLE to be defeated if there will be the same loses as in now, in the battles with him. Like I said, the ATs and STs could be the same ATs and STs used in farming/raiding and considering that the rewards are going to be UU and kuwal (and medals, but that's something else from my point here), it will be fair to lose ATs and STs unless you come up with another idea. The reason why I suggested no casualties, is because the alien is going to be a different race. He will be so advanced that either he can annihilate anyone, either he is able to harvest resources very easily without damaging the environment.

The logs could be something like this (i'm not very good at writing, someone else can modify this):
"The coalition of forces from the aderan galaxy, led by [party leader] proceeds on a bold journey to defeat the menace that is [alien name], leaving behind their homes and families, not knowing if they will ever see them again.

[party leader] drives the expedition a long way through the stars, easily conscripting to the cause numerous spies, assassins and mercenaries (btw, do you see a motivation here for the no loses idea?) all driven by the idea to be set free from slavery, because slavery is what you call, when you work without getting paid (here is the reference to the stolen resouces). They reach an outer system where they see the horror face to face. The invading alien force has amassed countless warships totaling by the quick long range scans the approximate power of [the total power of the alien]. Despair can be seen on the adventurers faces, but they do not back down. It is now or never.

The battle proceeds:

random ([player 1], [player 2].... [player n]) initiates the battle. {here is to debate and develop further because the battle system is to be decided, whether the players chose the attacking order, or not}. He/She (customize here with the chosen gender)With [the power of the attacking player] of [units that he chosed to send, spies, assassins, or soldiers aka mercenaries] he/she manages to destroy [something - ships, etc] and the drones calculate that the [alien force name] has lost [xxx power]

etc.""

1) it doesn't contribute, I was stating my opinion, we used to be able to do that here. & I am in no way offended by your response...

2) it is called a strategy game yes, if I call a lily a rose, does it make it one?

3) there is no skill in attacking a player or alliance when they cannot defend themselves, or are low on resources. thats just butchery.

4) yes you can, but it will still take several days to recoup the losses, 6 st + 108 at + a couple billion kuwal per day, not near enough to fight a war with, & going on protection only lasts so long.

5) I am no numbers whiz by any stretch of the imagination, but I have figured out that any usage of the relaxed/overtime feature nets you a loss, not a gain. do the math, you will see, & the additional st per turn still doesn't warrent its usage IMO.

6) afaik nobody plans attacks any better that me,

7) yeah, I am...

now to clear something up, I am not trying to knock down this Idea, or demolish it. All I did in my origional post was state my opinion, plain & simple.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content