Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Noob suggestion

+5
Admin
Kenzu
Kingofshinobis1
Nomad
kaiballz
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Noob suggestion - Page 2 Empty Re: Noob suggestion

Post by Manleva Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:57 am

I have to admit that I have come across this in other games before but not implemented in this manner. I have seen three different implementations.

1. Quests were the actual main part of the game and which everything revolved around which is not what this game is.

2. Quests were a mechanism whereby specific individual units gained experience and power. usually Hero's, and again not what this game is about.

3. Quests as a mechanism to give players something to do between turns. Here they had nothing to do with the game it's self and in fact were replaced by a games section within the forum.

The issues with this suggestion as I see are as follows.

1. The alien is going to pick up all resources that have accrued in accounts that have been inactive for 12 hours.

The 12 hr period may be to small for Active accounts. Players build their defenses to protect their resources and do allow for unforeseen events that can mean that they will be absent for longer than expected so even if there are no unit losses they would lose their resources and will not be happy.

Generally however you would be only targeting the inactive accounts and already all of the decent ones are being actively farmed and to be honest I cannot see your Alien collecting enough resources to act as a suitable reward or incentive for battling it.

2. This is a war game based around players battling each other. Battling a NPC will take away resources that required for fighting other players. It would soon become apparent to players the the best tine to attack would be just after players had battled the NPC and are low on AT, ST and CT.

As Kong said a lot of the issues are more related to the players and their attitudes than the game it's self. It also needs to be remembered that many are actually waiting on the much promised Airforce update and are doing things more aimed at maintaining or increasing income.

There are other options available that can be implemented easier that can produce more interest and are in keeping with the basic concepts of the game you just need to be creative.

As I said earlier there is some benefit to this idea but it really is more suitable for RA than Main
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:33 pm

I give up. I've deleted my posts on this suggestion.

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:19 pm

I think that you have gone a bit dotty there Void, just because some disagreed with your suggestion is no reason to delete it or the arguments put forward. In the end it is Admins decision as to what will enter into the game.

Even bad suggestions do have value as others who come along in the future may utilize something from them and put forward something great that will get implemented.

Your thoughts on the Alien AI have given me something to think about and do influence my thinking on a different idea I am considering.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:59 pm

I may have overreacted, because I felt that the suggestion is badly received and is not something that this game needs, after reading the posts. I wanted to contribute to the game somehow, because it's lacks features, that could transform it into a great bbg. Maybe the idea wasn't great, but no one even tried to improve it, it was sank down the drain. That is why I said that I would appreciate constructive criticism, but instead was replied as to an idiot with "we disagree to this because it's called voicing an opinion." Ok, the opinions have been voiced out, now it's my turn.

I will come up with other ideas in this section, after I see some genius suggestions getting implemented.

Until then,
Void.

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:17 pm

Yes please do so!
Not every idea leads somewhere, but if you have many ideas, sooner or later there will be an idea which will be so good that it will be implemented, and hopefully even loved by players.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Void wrote:I may have overreacted, because I felt that the suggestion is badly received and is not something that this game needs, after reading the posts. I wanted to contribute to the game somehow, because it's lacks features, that could transform it into a great bbg. Maybe the idea wasn't great, but no one even tried to improve it, it was sank down the drain. That is why I said that I would appreciate constructive criticism, but instead was replied as to an idiot with "we disagree to this because it's called voicing an opinion." Ok, the opinions have been voiced out, now it's my turn.

I will come up with other ideas in this section, after I see some genius suggestions getting implemented.

Until then,
Void.
you should have seen my first suggestion ever on another game like this a long time ago.

it got shot down so quick it didn't even take off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2