Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Republic vs. The Imperium

+28
FarleShadow
superkingtsob
Disco_Vader
Lance
Hai-Shulud
seaborgium
Osyndicate
Universe
Admin
darkshield
Kismet
Special Agent 47
Truestrike
retro22
stars
Casshern
Haggis
Kenzu
LiL_Monsters
aworon
Nomad
Survivor
Jiro
rflash
Vesper
Sandwalker
ian
32 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

World Republic vs. The Imperium - Page 9 Empty Re: World Republic vs. The Imperium

Post by Jiro Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 am

Imagine that, a roleplaying game without talking .... I'll stop watching the topic then.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

World Republic vs. The Imperium - Page 9 Empty Re: World Republic vs. The Imperium

Post by Vesper Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 am

Kenzu wrote:

"buhuuuu, everyone is against us, buhuuuu, everyone hates us.
rflash is a bad boy, buhuuuu
I want to go to my mommy"

Whining is all I see in your post

Besides, how was Jiro involved in the massing?
Did he farm you guys?

Why dont you declare war on everyone in the server, because that's what people do when you have small defense.
They farm you!

Very mature.

Has any1 mentioned jiro at all?

i have not declared war on a single person. i still have every person i set to peace still set to peace. and no war declared on any1.

I agree with the com blackout. i dont think i can stand to listen to the drama Kenzu attempts to create.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:08 pm

Jiro wrote:Imagine that, a roleplaying game without talking .... I'll stop watching the topic then.

Roleplaying a mute, there you go. Also, this is in no way, shape or form a roleplay game. Check out some RP rules and let me know how many of those rules this community does not respect.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:19 pm

this community actually respects rules?

Razz
sorry but reading your post I had no other choice, my comment put a gun to my head and forced me to write this
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Admin wrote:this community actually respects rules?

Razz
sorry but reading your post I had no other choice, my comment put a gun to my head and forced me to write this

define rules Smile

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:57 pm

Dunno, too much work to do that. At the end you'll always notice that you forgot something.

btw message to everyone. Despite how it may look like, I dont bother to read all the boring stuff that gets posted here.
If you feel the discussion is going off topic or people have trouble watching their language then please drop me a pm or click that report button and add a good detailed comment, and I'll have a look at it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:48 pm

Jiro, Rflash and Danuboy both were involved in massing members of TIE. They could mass members of WR to even it up but lets be honest. No1 is really left worth massing in WR. We had a bit of fun tonight. Now WR willl need to rely on their allies in GD if they want any hope of dealing damage to TIE. But they have been doing that from the start havent they? WR would be nothing without GD as they proved to accomplish nothing until they received help from them.

Just to clarify it for everyone, I believe vesper was addressing Jiro, and accusing him of massing. It could also have been wrote, "Jiro, did you know that rflash and Danuboy...." Which would have cleared this mess up. I know why it could be confusing, because that's the way I took it the first time I read it too.
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:31 pm

I never read it in a way that I took part in any massing, it didn't even cross my mind. I don't think I am the best person to participate in high level massing with Rflash and Danuboy. Maybe someone actually in the top-100 ...

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:33 pm

when i first read the first 4 words i started to take it that way then that 5th word 'both' kinda gives it away as to what he was doing, also the fact that jiro posted

Suspect

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Jiro is obviously a threat that must be neutralized, especially before the 10K UP is reached!
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:22 pm

lol

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:23 pm

seaborgium wrote:when i first read the first 4 words i started to take it that way then that 5th word 'both' kinda gives it away as to what he was doing, also the fact that jiro posted

Suspect

maybe his English wasn't good.
Therefore I don't rely so much on 1 word in internet forums.

But you are right, it makes sense that Jiro is the one talked to and not the one who took part in the massing.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:when i first read the first 4 words i started to take it that way then that 5th word 'both' kinda gives it away as to what he was doing, also the fact that jiro posted

Suspect

maybe his English wasn't good.
Therefore I don't rely so much on 1 word in internet forums.

But you are right, it makes sense that Jiro is the one talked to and not the one who took part in the massing.

okay when a person uses a single comma in a sentence it symbolizes separation. If you go back and look at the quote you will notice a comma after Jiro since he was to be separated. Then Rflash and Danuboy who are to be paired in the quote are not separated by a solo comma. Then the word "both" also pairs Rflash and Danuboy. If somehow people got confused even though you knew exactly who was included in the massing but felt like causing more drama im sorry that i gave you the chance.

if i was to use a comma and pair all three the quote would look like

"jiro, rflash, and danuboy were involved" where there the commas symbolize grouping.

We can all attack peoples grammer all day even though i posted directly after jiro in a direct response to jiro so i was clearly using "Jiro," as a sign to address the person i was talking to.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:14 pm

It seems we're fighting over comma's now. Vesper, for me, your post was perfectly clear. But sometimes people read another meaning than the one that was intended because the writer and the reader have a different mindset/frame of reference.
They may even be divided by a common language. There is no need for a heated debate on this count. If you look at the messages, all actually agree. Kenzu explaines why he read it differently the first time and admits he should have read it the other way.
It is typical of the whole history of the discussion between WR and TIE that something like this, where everyone agrees, ends up in a fight.
I could post disclaimers, but I can't seem to bother.
If I were to summarise what happened just before the second wave:
Rflash and Danuboy farmed TIE members.
TIE told them not to and then went to threaten them, telling them they planned to mass them.
They took this the wrong way and joined the front against TIE.
This is my impression from some 2 pages of posts, I have no other source of information.
Now can we move on?

Last edited by Jiro on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added last sentence)

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:26 pm

Jiro wrote:It seems we're fighting over comma's now. Vesper, for me, your post was perfectly clear. But sometimes people read another meaning than the one that was intended because the writer and the reader have a different mindset/frame of reference.
They may even be divided by a common language. There is no need for a heated debate on this count. If you look at the messages, all actually agree. Kenzu explaines why he read it differently the first time and admits he should have read it the other way.
It is typical of the whole history of the discussion between WR and TIE that something like this, where everyone agrees, ends up in a fight.
I could post disclaimers, but I can't seem to bother.
If I were to summarise what happened just before the second wave:
Rflash and Danuboy farmed TIE members.
TIE told them not to and then went to threaten them, telling them they planned to mass them.
They took this the wrong way and joined the front against TIE.
This is my impression from some 2 pages of posts, I have no other source of information.
Now can we move on?

Speaking of Language , cultural Barriers & Educational barriers . miscommunicating is common and it should be understood that it happens sometimes and both parties should be more pateint in handling serious maters .

I may call someone Dawg meaning a friendly term , but someone else might think im Insulting them .

jocolor

Last edited by Lord Ishurue on Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shortening it)
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Ishurue what did you call me bounce

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:50 pm

seaborgium wrote:Ishurue what did you call me bounce

I don't understand .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:01 am

it was to be a joke for this line

I may call someone Dawg meaning a friendly term , but someone else might think im Insulting them

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:51 am

seaborgium wrote:it was to be a joke for this line

I may call someone Dawg meaning a friendly term , but someone else might think im Insulting them

Oh than lol . jocolor
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:13 am

Vesper wrote:
"jiro, rflash, and danuboy were involved" where there the commas symbolize grouping.

I am a strong opponent to commas in front of an "and".

But it is no big deal in a forum.

When do we get to see TIE's recent war stats?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:15 am

well that might be bc its not proper english lol

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:09 am

Kenzu wrote:
Vesper wrote:

I am a strong opponent to commas in front of an "and".

But it is no big deal in a forum.

When do we get to see TIE's recent war stats?

That ll be tommorrow probably when i find time adding up WR and TIE losses for our most recent offensive Smile
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Truestrike Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:45 pm

make sure you do all the math.
If you want me can give you the total we killed in our little offensive.

Truestrike
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:19 pm

Truestrike wrote:make sure you do all the math.

yeah, exactly!
our "little" offensive
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Truestrike wrote:make sure you do all the math.

yeah, exactly!
our "little" offensive

I think i ve already congratulated you guys on your offensive - it hurt The Imperium a lot Sad. The damage, however, was mainly limited to only those who disregarded warnings/ guidance. The motto of this story can be a number of different things:

"Don't underestimate your enemy"
"Don't get over confident and complacent"
"Don't ignore other people's warnings which are given to you, in your personal best interest".

Oh well... whats done is done. Its just cost The Imperium our kill-ratio over you guys (since now its something like 2 : 1 in your favour) - but happily The Imperium can sustain those losses given our economies something like 6 times WR's Smile

Congratulations though - you managed to annihilate something like 7% of The Imperium's total army size - a very good achievement for World Republic, rflash and danuboy (though it being as low as 7% hopefully helps reinforce the impressive achievement of the members of The Imperium in getting to be so collectively large throughout their time on AW Smile).

The only thing i ll say... is if i have any say in the matter this sort of catastrophe won't be happening again. The Imperium's reforming into a cohesive unified alliance, with a streamlined command chain to ensure empire-wide guidelines are implemented, and followed (failure to follow the *loose* guidelines which will be put inplace will result in that individuals membership of The Imperium being terminated). If you plan on killing any more miners, and inflicting any real damage on The Imperium in the future - i d do it sooner rather than later. Things are changing.... for the better of The Imperium, and to the detriment of World Republic/ our enemies.

Good job though in the mean time - your counter-attack was well coordinated, well thought out and hard hitting.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next