Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a point to having a defense at all?

+19
slambot#4
Magnus
curumo
Nimras
Kira
Kingofshinobis1
Jiro
Miglow
Admin
lil monsters
Lord Ishurue
ian
ยค Angel Slayer
Kenzu
Nomad
Nigatsu_Aka
seaborgium
kingkongfan1
navblue
23 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is there a point to having a defense at all? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:15 pm

curumo wrote:Nimras you fail to see my point:

If you have a 5 b def (assuming you have a 200 m income) and if someone with a 2 b strike (which takes 40% and causes about 1.2 b in pure replacement costs) wants to make it proffitable and legit (2 b proffit) you have to have am what ... 7 B + kuwal on hand ... What's that tell you?
To me it tells this:
200 * 48 = 9,8 B per day ... so for you to reach 7 b you'd have to log in ... what 1 ... MAYBE 2 x a day? Sorry but then you deserve to be farmed ... don't you agree?

And no i never failed to see your point i simply just do not agree i said it a tad many times lol.

Look i still dont care if i had 1000 trill on my hands and a 5bill def i still would not have it any other way that the damn farmer comes with 5,1bill strike nothing else.

Thats all i ask its simply how i see it.

And thats also how i like it i build a DEF because i would want the damn farmer to BREAKE it by comming with a bigger strike thats all i ask.

Its only fair and i would never agree with this system no matter how much you can claim but hey for him to be profitable you would need BLAH BLAH BLAH out so what if he don't come with a strike that beats my def with 1 single point then he should get 0 and just go crying home no question asked.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Is there a point to having a defense at all? - Page 4 Empty Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:25 pm

ok, well in this game updates are made to make it fair and realistic and by extension fun for people who can't invest 8 hours per day to play it.

farming attacks are not meant to engage the def, the hits that happen are just a diversion, hence the large discrepancy in losses between attacker and defender.

so requiring an attack to beat the defense to get everything otherwise getting zero makes no sense whatsoever in any sane universe.
I do not intend to stand behind crazy chaosworld mechanics.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:12 pm

Admin wrote:ok, well in this game updates are made to make it fair and realistic and by extension fun for people who can't invest 8 hours per day to play it.

farming attacks are not meant to engage the def, the hits that happen are just a diversion, hence the large discrepancy in losses between attacker and defender.

so requiring an attack to beat the defense to get everything otherwise getting zero makes no sense whatsoever in any sane universe.
I do not intend to stand behind crazy chaosworld mechanics.

Look its a war game hence why i damn hell want the attacker to beat my def and if he can't then he will not get anything and since you will not do it then i will sit on anyone who use this way of farming if i am cable of and i will do it until it is change or they quite beside i just lost all intrest in this game because of this so why not use my account to have fun thanks Admin you just gave me a reason to use my account for something and it will be until i quite enjoy.

Ohh and those wondering why they where massed ask Admin.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:14 pm

tbh Nimras will be futile. You only have limited resources, and are outnumbered 2k : 1.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:41 pm

seaborgium wrote:tbh Nimras will be futile. You only have limited resources, and are outnumbered 2k : 1.

I know but i am quiting this game and i might as well do it while doing some good.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:49 am

Well if you want to play SGW, Dune, and all those other broken and dieing games go ahead, but dont try to make this one follow the same path. We like the system. Its more real then all those other games save a few points.

And @ Admin, it is NOT a country. It is a planet, so by theory any "small surgical strike team" should only face about 1/360 % of your defense since it covers a planet.

Humph!

Laughing
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hyยทpocยทriยทsy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:25 am

Nomad wrote:Well if you want to play SGW, Dune, and all those other broken and dieing games go ahead, but dont try to make this one follow the same path. We like the system. Its more real then all those other games save a few points.

And @ Admin, it is NOT a country. It is a planet, so by theory any "small surgical strike team" should only face about 1/360 % of your defense since it covers a planet.

Humph!

Laughing

Our planets sure are small lol. Only 23mil army size as the largest lol.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:45 am

I blame most of my planet being covered in magma.... That stuff is hard to live on... I'm assuming SA47 figured out how to cooperate with the piranhas on his planet judging by his population Wink
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:51 am

Or his people are just very ... um ... productive? Very Happy

Whatever the case Jiro very nicely taught me teh value of a defense today and it was a good lesson. For me a def isn't there to protect the kuwal ... but to protect everything else on the account Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:51 pm

The only thing I don't like about this is that all the Fighting Strategies yield the same amount of resources.

I would have thought hit and run would save 20% of your losses and lose you 20% of the potential Kuwal they could have stolen (If you're running and gunning, its not like you can stop by the nearest bank for a lengthy withdrawal and not die).

Opposite for the Frontal Assault, more losses, more kuwal.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:12 pm

I thought the strategies only affects things such as assaults.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

seaborgium wrote:I thought the strategies only affects things such as assaults.
It doesn't affect "things such as assaults".
It exclusively affects assault missions only.

I made the "assault" part in the tooltip in bold now.
I had no clue someone would assume they affect other missions too even though there's only one mission type named in that whole tooltip, and that mission is the assault.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:21 pm

Nomad wrote:Well if you want to play SGW, Dune, and all those other broken and dieing games go ahead, but dont try to make this one follow the same path. We like the system. Its more real then all those other games save a few points.

Humph!

Laughing

Nomad and this game isn't haven't you seen how many are leaving this game as well.

All online games has their good things and bad things.

this game bad thing is it actually help people who don't wanna build their account up to be allowed to farm without having to build.

Now i liked the game until this update came for the fact is i build my account and i sure hell would not like some little snot kid who won't build but just wanna earn by farming easy to run around and farm anyone he wants because they just have enough out for him to benefit with 40% of the kuwal. If he wants my kuwal i have out when i sleep or when i aren't able to log in then he sure better beat my damn defense thats all i ask.

And i know i will be heavy outnumbered but meh this account will die with honour killing all using this system and Admin this game is deing enjoy.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:39 pm

Nimras wrote:

Humph!

Laughing

Nomad and this game isn't haven't you seen how many are leaving this game as well.

this game bad thing is it actually help people who don't wanna build their account up to be allowed to farm without having to build.

Now i liked the game until this update came for the fact is i build my account and i sure hell would not like some little snot kid who won't build but just wanna earn by farming easy to run around and farm anyone he wants because they just have enough out for him to benefit with 40% of the kuwal. If he wants my kuwal i have out when i sleep or when i aren't able to log in then he sure better beat my damn defense thats all i ask.

And i know i will be heavy outnumbered but meh this account will die with honour killing all using this system and Admin this game is deing enjoy.

its true that attacker always get some kuwal of attack no matter what defense but the damage done to attacker is so huge that there's no way anyone with lower attack than your def would farm you, unless you have 15+ hours income out, and im sure that never happens. your def is quite low so you might consider increasing def first and then check the results again Smile
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm

I really dont see the point of the discussion.

If someone with a tiny strike would keep farming my bigger def then I could simply ignore them and the problem would go away on its own. Considering how said person would eventually run out of resources.
I dont even have to lift a finger, this is not even a theoretical problem.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:45 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:
Nimras wrote:

Humph!

Laughing

its true that attacker always get some kuwal of attack no matter what defense but the damage done to attacker is so huge that there's no way anyone with lower attack than your def would farm you, unless you have 15+ hours income out, and im sure that never happens. your def is quite low so you might consider increasing def first and then check the results again Smile

Lol never getting farmed i just don't agree with it because its a war game hence why i will do what the game is made for kill all using it Razz.

Admin wrote:I really dont see the point of the discussion.

If someone with a tiny strike would keep farming my bigger def then I could simply ignore them and the problem would go away on its own. Considering how said person would eventually run out of resources.
I dont even have to lift a finger, this is not even a theoretical problem.

Yes everything is theori in your eyes but thats alright don't you worry i proberly will help your game go byebye with this move Razz

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:58 pm

What theory?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by flwpwr Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:03 am

[27 Jun] 01:37 xxxxxx 4,914,223 Kuwal Stolen 1 310 30 1,191,385,196 4,776,690,600 details

Enemy Damage 1,191,385,196
Your Damage 4,776,690,600
Result 4,914,223 Kuwal Stolen

is this not damn weird? stealing my kuwal even though i was 4 times stronger

LATER EDIT: i noticed that we have active moderators... cool... Smile

flwpwr
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:54 am

flwpwr wrote:
[27 Jun] 01:37 xxxxxx 4,914,223 Kuwal Stolen 1 310 30 1,191,385,196 4,776,690,600 details

you're magnus right? by your def power and kuwal out - no, its not wierd at all
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by flwpwr Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:02 am

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:
flwpwr wrote:

excuse me? i'm no magnus

you have an explanation or you just had to say that is not weird?

if i have 4 times bigger defense, he gets my kuwal? and what does it have to do with the kuwal out? why you say "by your def power and kuwal out"?

flwpwr
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2010-06-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:16 am

flwpwr wrote:and what does it have to do with the kuwal out? why you say "by your def power and kuwal out"?
Because the more you have out, the more the other person can steal?
And because the higher your def compared to their strike, the less kuwal will they steal
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:18 am

the amount of kuwal taken from a targets is based on the same % as his strike to your def.

so say you have a 1b def and 1b kuwal out

If someone hits you with a 250b strike, then they would only get 250m of your kuwal.
If they hit you with a 400m strike they would get 400m kuwal
If they hit you with a 950m strike they can take 95-100% of your kuwal.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:01 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:
flwpwr wrote:

DUDE DOES IT SAY MAGNUS ANYWHERE DUH

lol! lol!
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:04 pm

Apparently you had AT LEAST 20bil kuwal out. Of course you will not be safe with that ridiculous amount out in the open. What were you expecting?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:Apparently you had AT LEAST 20bil kuwal out. Of course you will not be safe with that ridiculous amount out in the open. What were you expecting?
more like 20 mil, you should check again how much got stolen really Wink

As to why someone would complain about losing 4 mil kuwal and killing 1k units is beyond me though
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next