Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there a point to having a defense at all?

+19
slambot#4
Magnus
curumo
Nimras
Kira
Kingofshinobis1
Jiro
Miglow
Admin
lil monsters
Lord Ishurue
ian
¤ Angel Slayer
Kenzu
Nomad
Nigatsu_Aka
seaborgium
kingkongfan1
navblue
23 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Is there a point to having a defense at all? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Kira Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Of course! Knowing your enemies and predicting their actions is half the battle~

Silly you should have expected such a 'lame' tactic and dealt with the foe in a way that wouldn't allow for such things to happen.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Is there a point to having a defense at all? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:24 pm

How come i dont have the people with the biggest defenses running to me crying how this update is cuhrap.

Sorry, I had. Until they actually understood how the numbers work and realized that if they bank as often as any normally active person does then, no matter the def value, you wont get farmed anymore often than you would without it.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:34 pm

Admin wrote:How come i dont have the people with the biggest defenses running to me crying how this update is cuhrap.

Sorry, I had. Until they actually understood how the numbers work and realized that if they bank as often as any normally active person does then, no matter the def value, you wont get farmed anymore often than you would without it.

LOL Admin that a given and I bank often and i have a deasent def for my size but i still find it so wrong that some small strike player could benefit by farming me even tho he lose to my def.

If he want it he should beat my men i don't care about anything else no number no anything thats a fair thing i build a def for people to get past not for people to get around no matter what its war game not a game for cowards and people who want to jump over the fenche and take a shortcut because they won't bring in the time.

If someone wants a big def and stay off for a week without banking then thats fine for me i wouldn't be angry or whine i would say hmm i know he does that well then i will work to get his stuff when they are biggest and worth taking against his def instead of go crying to some admin asking for a shortcut because i can't play this game proberly.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:54 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that, but the old system is very old and very outdated. It has nothing special, it is abusable... it's like Windows ME compared with Windows XP, or IE 4,5,6 compared to IE 8.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:51 am

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:Everyone is entitled to an opinion and I respect that, but the old system is very old and very outdated. It has nothing special, it is abusable... it's like Windows ME compared with Windows XP, or IE 4,5,6 compared to IE 8.

Nig thats the worst compare i ever seen.

Windows ME was the worst OS ever made by microsoft closely followed by Vista and 7.

If you really wanted to make this then you should have done 98SE or 2000 vs XP.

And the old system in this case is the best solution the new system is a system made for people who don't wanna build a strike and use the time on it they wanna be able to cheat by taking the short cut instead of following the road.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:05 am

Nimras, imagine person A has 5 bil def.

Which of the following people will have a bigger profit (if any)
B: 5 bil strike
C: 2 bil strike
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:26 am

Admin wrote:Nimras, imagine person A has 5 bil def.

Non as no one would breach the 5bill def.

Secondly if the farmer had enough to breach the 5bill def then the striker would hit the person with the def when the kuwal out was worth it not before.

And thats how it should be its a war game not a game for people who wanna cheat by taking a shortcut.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:32 am

There's a big point in a defense and it's not just to protect the kuwal and uu on hand. Believe me or not. I for one love this update but I'm a kuwal addict so what do I know?

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Nimras wrote:

wrong, the 5 bil strike will steal 100%
the 2 bil strke will steal 40%

hence the system is balanced
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ¤ Angel Slayer Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 pm

Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:

you call a 2bil stealing 40% balanced? lol
don't know what kind of a scale your using,
hey Nimras lets start a farmers group and band together to mass anyone who uses a smaller strike to farm us when we have a bigger defense, destroy their account and their think twice about it next time.
¤ Angel Slayer
¤ Angel Slayer
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 482
Alliance : [ World_Republic_(O) ]
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-10-21

http://world-republic.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes it's a balanced system cause the incomes are limited due to AE imo ... I mean if you have a 5 b def and you leave 5 b kuwal out it's your damn own fault to get farmed! Seriously be more active or stop whining about getting farmed! >_<

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ¤ Angel Slayer Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:18 pm

curumo wrote:Yes it's a balanced system cause the incomes are limited due to AE imo ... I mean if you have a 5 b def and you leave 5 b kuwal out it's your damn own fault to get farmed! Seriously be more active or stop whining about getting farmed! >_<

I don't get farmed cause i'm active, so why don't
you build a bigger strike and stop whining about
people with alot of kuwal out with big defenses.
¤ Angel Slayer
¤ Angel Slayer
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Well I don't really see why you even care about this update then. It apparently has had little to no effect on you whatsoever. This works the same way as the assault and hunt missions. Are you saying if you have a bigger defense than my strike, I should not kill any units when I assault you? Doesn't make much sense why farming cannot have the same principles does it Razz. Why should farming be any different?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:57 pm

I actually weathered against this update in the beginning and have to admit it makes very much sense. If you attack a Person 2 your size you only get half of what they had out. It balances the system out.
Plus a smaller def will cost less units to be lost. Depends naturally on the tech% and PBs that apply, but less to loose and repair or rather rebuild. The same way goes the other way around with bigger def.
Now that I have played it, it is a pain, but makes a good amount of sense.

One thing that I would liked to see now would be a small sum for repair costs. Since not all the weapons usually get completely destroyed have a part that is repairable.
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ¤ Angel Slayer Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:43 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:Well I don't really see why you even care about this update then. It apparently has had little to no effect on you whatsoever. This works the same way as the assault and hunt missions. Are you saying if you have a bigger defense than my strike, I should not kill any units when I assault you? Doesn't make much sense why farming cannot have the same principles does it Razz. Why should farming be any different?

I'm not saying a smaller account shouldn't be able to kill a small portion of defense units when the defense is bigger, but they shouldn't be rewarded and kuwal for getting defeated, thats just plain stupid, if i had 100 real life guys guarding 20 billion dollars and you had 10 guys, armed the same weapons, you and your 10 men might be lucky to kill a few of my men, but yous would all die and you wouldn't steal any money,
thats all i'm saying.
¤ Angel Slayer
¤ Angel Slayer
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:54 pm

¤ Angel Slayer wrote:I'm not saying a smaller account shouldn't be able to kill a small portion of defense units when the defense is bigger, but they shouldn't be rewarded and kuwal for getting defeated, thats just plain stupid, if i had 100 real life guys guarding 20 billion dollars and you had 10 guys, armed the same weapons, you and your 10 men might be lucky to kill a few of my men, but yous would all die and you wouldn't steal any money,
thats all i'm saying.
Wake up, you're defending a country, not a building with one entrance.

By your logic countries like the US which whine about illegal immigrants all the time would be able to stop all of them from entering the country.

but thanks for letting me clear up your misunderstanding of the situation. I'm sure you now agree that the current system is more realistic
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:59 pm

Admin wrote:
¤ Angel Slayer wrote:I'm not saying a smaller account shouldn't be able to kill a small portion of defense units when the defense is bigger, but they shouldn't be rewarded and kuwal for getting defeated, thats just plain stupid, if i had 100 real life guys guarding 20 billion dollars and you had 10 guys, armed the same weapons, you and your 10 men might be lucky to kill a few of my men, but yous would all die and you wouldn't steal any money,
thats all i'm saying.
Wake up, you're defending a country, not a building with one entrance.

By your logic countries like the US which whine about illegal immigrants all the time would be able to stop all of them from entering the country.

but thanks for letting me clear up your misunderstanding of the situation. I'm sure you now agree that the current system is more realistic

Well put Smile Admin has it right. It's a country. If it went by the way you were thinking, then no banks would ever get robbed which obviously is not the case >.>

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:06 pm

Funnily enough the people who are/were against the system always misunderstand the situation. No matter who it was, once I found out why they dislike it, I was able to correct that misunderstanding.

After that, they all agreed that it's a useful system.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:52 pm

First of all I'm not whining - I'm telling people to STOP doing that and be more active but if you think that's whining, fine by me lol.

Be that as it may - Admin's put it correctly (again Razz) and his logic is good ... can we now stop this pointless debate and get back to massing and farming or something? Smile

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:18 pm

Admin wrote:Funnily enough the people who are/were against the system always misunderstand the situation. No matter who it was, once I found out why they dislike it, I was able to correct that misunderstanding.

After that, they all agreed that it's a useful system.

me me me me geek
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:18 pm

I don't look it 100% but i like it more then the old system.
However the old system gave better online battles then the current one.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 pm

¤ Angel Slayer wrote:
Admin wrote:
Nimras wrote:

you call a 2bil stealing 40% balanced? lol
don't know what kind of a scale your using,
hey Nimras lets start a farmers group and band together to mass anyone who uses a smaller strike to farm us when we have a bigger defense, destroy their account and their think twice about it next time.

count me in.

As of now i will hunt anyone with a low strike farming by hitting people with a bigger def.

I will sit on you until you quite the game.

Anyone not farming by having a bigger strike than the def is hereby my little boxinball until you either man up or leave the game.

Enjoy your time in this game with 0 stats.

Ohh and Admin i fully get the damn update and no matter how much you try to claim its fair that someone who only manage to do 40% damage of the full def should get 40% of the kuwal when they lost the battle is stupid I have a def because i damn well want the farmer to surpass it to get my KUWAL i accumilate while sleeping if he don't then he should get 0 anything else shows why this game is going down the hill and why i as off now will hunt and destroy all accounts farming by this system until they either stop or quite and i know i can find more to join in so far we are 2 admin enjoy.

But as far i am concerned to get any KUWAL you need to have more strike than the DEF the account has and when you hit you get 100% if you have less strike then you get 0 kuwal.

Angel Slayer contact me so we can form a club and get more members this will end this cheating way to play this game this Viking hates seeing his men die a worthless death and admin just made it so, therefore my men want revenge and will hunt all using this farming way.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:32 pm

curumo wrote:Yes it's a balanced system cause the incomes are limited due to AE imo ... I mean if you have a 5 b def and you leave 5 b kuwal out it's your damn own fault to get farmed! Seriously be more active or stop whining about getting farmed! >_<

M8 if you listen i don't whine about being farmed i find it so damn wrong that you can steal kuwal by comming hitting this 5b def with 2bill strike instead of comming with 6bill strike or at least more strike than the 5bill anything else is wrong and stupid. It ends now.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 pm

I've said it before, I will say it again, if a person with lower strike than someone else's defence is able to steal enough kuwal to be profitable, the victim deserves the loss. It's extremely easy to avoid farming by having a balancing defense, income, and banking 1-2 times a day.

If there were no risks in this game, it would be boring and stupid.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:10 pm

Nimras you fail to see my point:

If you have a 5 b def (assuming you have a 200 m income) and if someone with a 2 b strike (which takes 40% and causes about 1.2 b in pure replacement costs) wants to make it proffitable and legit (2 b proffit) you have to have am what ... 7 B + kuwal on hand ... What's that tell you?
To me it tells this:
200 * 48 = 9,8 B per day ... so for you to reach 7 b you'd have to log in ... what 1 ... MAYBE 2 x a day? Sorry but then you deserve to be farmed ... don't you agree?

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next