Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Sat May 29, 2010 2:56 pm

yah seems i have, i thoiught you guys would of been saving up resourses for my return?


j/k Laughing

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nomad on Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Well I have been, I got 14.53$ and two pieces of bazooka joe gum for karma
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Sat May 29, 2010 3:06 pm

:ohh" i love bazooka joe gum Very Happy

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin on Sat May 29, 2010 8:47 pm

guys, off topic?

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Sun May 30, 2010 2:23 am

apologies for being off topic Embarassed

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by ¤ Angel Slayer on Sun May 30, 2010 1:05 pm

I think people with small strikes should not be able to steal kuwal from people with bigger defenses, it's simple common sense if you want to hit bigger then you build bigger,
just because some people don't want to build bigger strikes don't mean people that built bigger defenses should have to for their whimpiness, you want to hit the big ones? then build the big ones, if not then get the *BLEEP* out of dodge. Laughing
avatar
¤ Angel Slayer
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 482
Alliance : [ World_Republic_(O) ]
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-10-21

View user profile http://world-republic.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Miglow on Sun May 30, 2010 2:08 pm

Here's the thing, there is absolutely no way for people to build attack power fast enough, strong enough, to overcome the largest defences on the server. If it was only Attack > defence steals then the only way to win is maybe if a group of people got together and massed the defence to bring it down. From what I see massing only happens in war, and is expensive, so what's the point?

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Age : 36
Number of posts : 150
Location : Tx
Registration date : 2010-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Sun May 30, 2010 2:53 pm

Miglow wrote:Here's the thing, there is absolutely no way for people to build attack power fast enough, strong enough, to overcome the largest defences on the server. If it was only Attack > defence steals then the only way to win is maybe if a group of people got together and massed the defence to bring it down. From what I see massing only happens in war, and is expensive, so what's the point?


ofcourse theres no way for anyone to build a big strike force that fast, it takes time, the same time it took the guy to build his defense, the guy with the big defense took time and spent alot of resourses to build his defense to keep his kuwal protected, why shouldn't a person that wants to steal his kuwal have to take the time and resourses to build a strike to be able to steal his kuwal, what would the sense be into building a defense then? might as well just build a small strike and have no defense at all, nothings free, he had to pay to build his defense, people should also have to pay to build a strike that can hit it, i have a small strike, it wouldn't be fair if i took my 5,037,400 strike, don't laugh at my strike Razz lol, and if i hit say that kingkongfan guy had a 4 bil defense, if i was to hit him and got any kuwal, that would be so wrong,
lets not trash this game anymore then it is, put your greed aside and hit what you are able too, want more, then invest more, sorry for the long comment and my opinion.

skylar

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by seaborgium on Sun May 30, 2010 4:18 pm

no it isn't the same time. he can keep building while you can.

I can in 24 hours build a strike large enough to hit anyone on the server + some. I know of 1 other person like that.

I know the person who has that def can't build there def high enough to stop me. bc they lack the facilties to do it

However unless that person had well over 100b out its not worth it.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin on Sun May 30, 2010 4:24 pm

fact remains you can go around hitting others with a small/tiny strike

but unless said people haven't logged in to bank/spend kuwal for a VERY LONG time, you will never be able to make any profit.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nomad on Sun May 30, 2010 4:38 pm

lil monsters wrote:
Miglow wrote:Here's the thing, there is absolutely no way for people to build attack power fast enough, strong enough, to overcome the largest defences on the server. If it was only Attack > defence steals then the only way to win is maybe if a group of people got together and massed the defence to bring it down. From what I see massing only happens in war, and is expensive, so what's the point?


ofcourse theres no way for anyone to build a big strike force that fast, it takes time, the same time it took the guy to build his defense, the guy with the big defense took time and spent alot of resourses to build his defense to keep his kuwal protected, why shouldn't a person that wants to steal his kuwal have to take the time and resourses to build a strike to be able to steal his kuwal, what would the sense be into building a defense then? might as well just build a small strike and have no defense at all, nothings free, he had to pay to build his defense, people should also have to pay to build a strike that can hit it, i have a small strike, it wouldn't be fair if i took my 5,037,400 strike, don't laugh at my strike Razz lol, and if i hit say that kingkongfan guy had a 4 bil defense, if i was to hit him and got any kuwal, that would be so wrong,
lets not trash this game anymore then it is, put your greed aside and hit what you are able too, want more, then invest more, sorry for the long comment and my opinion.

skylar

You are both completely wrong.

It takes LESS time and effort to build a massive strike then a massive defense. Why you say?

Because the strike EARNS you more income from farming then your income earns you for defending your own income. A massive strike can yield 2, 3, maybe even 5 days worth of your own income in a strike or two, or maybe a days farming at worst. Only thing is, there is more risk in building a strike that large and using it.

Don't forget guys, a strike on critical realm alert "defends" with 102% of it power, so more then ever a strong offense is the best defense.

Think about it.
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Miglow on Sun May 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Oops. Good point Nomad. Still, it seems to me a balanced profile works best.

The reason I said it's faster to build defence is strike casualties heavily favor the defender. Even if it profits it takes time and/or trading to get the UU back.
Enemy Losses Your Losses Enemy Damage Your Damage
702,390,486 Kuwal Stolen 1703 239 1,300,967,811 917,665,625

This is a recent strike against me. If you do the math they need 1mill kuwal to recover the losses, for a net total of around -300mill. This person who hit me was in the top 10! Clearly, I came out way ahead in this situation. I cannot imagine how hard it is to hit some of the bigger defences in the game for a profitable strike.

In the situation of mr. itty bitty 5000 attack power attacking mr big 4bill defence? That comes out to .0125%. If kuwal stolen = % of attack to defence, then for every 1bill left out, only 12.5 mill is stolen, which is pretty much nothing, especially compared to the casualties.


I figure if a person has enough kuwal out that a person with weaker attack can make profit off someone with stronger defence, the defender deserves to lose the kuwal for leaving that much kuwal out long enough to get stolen. Personally, I like the system as is since it helps balance new vs. old players a bit.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Age : 36
Number of posts : 150
Location : Tx
Registration date : 2010-04-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin on Sun May 30, 2010 8:07 pm

I wished others would also finally get around understanding the difference between being able to steal kuwal against a stronger defense and being able to profitably attack a stronger defense.

there's this one attack. Strike was 43 mil, defense was 4 bil. Attacker lost 6 times as much as they stole.

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Jiro on Sun May 30, 2010 8:27 pm

I thought you had to have at least 20% of the defender's strength?
Not that it makes a big difference: if the defence is 100x your strike, the amount of Kuwal must be astronomical in order to be profitable as you'll only get 1% of it and have to pay repairs.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Location : the Netherlands
Registration date : 2009-09-24

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin on Sun May 30, 2010 9:00 pm

you need to have 20% of the defenders strength to kill their units.
but you can steal kuwal anytime

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nomad on Sun May 30, 2010 11:28 pm

I had one who stole 62 kewal and lost 78 men and weapons (day old player with low weapons and no supers). I suffered no losses as he took "devastating damage", but he got 62 kewal Laughing
avatar
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Location : Everywhere and nowhere at all.
Registration date : 2008-12-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Mon May 31, 2010 2:43 pm

I know since they won't change that rule,
lets all mass anyone that kuwal hits that has a smaller strike then the persons defense,
we'll call it the rule of the people, i'm sure some where down the kline that rule small strikes hitting big defenses for kuwal will change.
i feel like i'm such a trouble maker Laughing

j/k

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by seaborgium on Mon May 31, 2010 4:00 pm

lol that was talked about before lol.

Personally I think it. The game is more realistic then others.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Kingofshinobis1 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 am

Agreed Seaborgium. This game is well thought out and has a lot of features other games do not. In other words, it's not your typical text based war game Smile

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Age : 27
Number of posts : 823
Location : United States
Registration date : 2010-01-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by lil monsters on Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:20 am

careful what you wish for, next their want to see your acct. page's as you see it,
or read your mind so they know what your plans are in the near future, lol
you guys are crazy, i had enough of this topic.
buh bye

lil monsters
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 3593
Age : 26
Number of posts : 37
Location : over your grave
Registration date : 2010-05-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Kira on Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:04 am

The answer is quite simple - No. There is no point in having a defense.
However there is a point in attacking others for fun!

Look at me - I can fly.
Meow.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Alliance : The "z0mg Ninjas" Clan
We are an elite group of frisbee players that have decided to take our adventures in a different direction.We are no longer the murderous folk our ancestors once were. Our goals in life are simply to blow up human corpses into thousands of little pieces and the scavenge through their belongings and take everything. If you wish to join this gang of ninjai just think really hard about it...and by utilizing my ninja skill i will be able to tell you want to join and will form a telekinetic mind link in which i will evaluate your usefulness to the clan.
If you do not meet the requirements, odds are, while I am in your brain...I'll change your desktop background and probably call your mother and talk to her about the weather. If, however, you are deemed worthy...you will be instantly cast into the gauntlet in which you will learn the ninja arts or die trying...once passed, you will be a standing member of z0mg Ninjas.
Look for us where ever you see no pants.....well wait...don't look there...unless I guess you want to look there...but I mean...we're the only ones who don't have pants..so you probably would wanna look there...so...umm in conclusion......uhh.....we have no pants.



Number of posts : 248
Location : what?
Registration date : 2009-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nimras on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:49 pm

Lol this is the worst update ever.

The defense is useless if you can get the kuwal even if you loose.

Look admin this game is being ruined already as it is this updated ruined it more.

And i know people who grow big on this update because its easy to work around they never build strikes able to take the def they don't care they just laugh at your mistake.

Remove the update i mean for crying out loud if i have a DEF i for crist sake want the damn farmer to win against my def if he don't then i want him go crying all the way home with 0 kuwal and 0 anything because he werent good enough anything else is bullocks.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Age : 34
Number of posts : 416
Location : Farum, Denmark
Registration date : 2010-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nigatsu_Aka on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:03 pm

Nimras wrote:Lol this is the worst update ever.

The defense is useless if you can get the kuwal even if you loose.

Look admin this game is being ruined already as it is this updated ruined it more.

And i know people who grow big on this update because its easy to work around they never build strikes able to take the def they don't care they just laugh at your mistake.

Remove the update i mean for crying out loud if i have a DEF i for crist sake want the damn farmer to win against my def if he don't then i want him go crying all the way home with 0 kuwal and 0 anything because he werent good enough anything else is bullocks.

I disagree... read the update thread if you care.
avatar
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Admin on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:29 pm

lol nice one nig

Well anyways, I concur nig's comment with the additional rhetoric question:

Do you want the system to be setup in a way that a single point in power difference will result in total and utter victory or defeat with nothing but the two extremes as possible alternatives for both attacker and defender?

That and add the fact about someone building a huge def and not banking for a week

_________________
Disclaimer:
1) You are always welcome to correct my assumptions and understanding of a situation but please do so in a logical and sound manner.
2) If I ask stupid questions it's only because sometimes people aren't smart enough to ask these themselves.
3) Being condescending to some people helps me keep my sanity when I am forced to interact with them.

I hate PR, will never engage in it and will rain destruction on all who refuse to use their brains to think before they speak.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

View user profile http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Nimras on Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:02 pm

Admin wrote:lol nice one nig

Well anyways, I concur nig's comment with the additional rhetoric question:

Do you want the system to be setup in a way that a single point in power difference will result in total and utter victory or defeat with nothing but the two extremes as possible alternatives for both attacker and defender?

That and add the fact about someone building a huge def and not banking for a week

Offcourse this game is a war game you should do it after that instead of making it a game for cowards and pussies.

If i want a def of 10trill then i build that and if anyone wanna farm me they better come with more than 10trill if not they are not worthy of my KUWAL.

I mean the fact is that you can farm someone without beating his def is so wrong and proves that this game is not made correctly in my eyes.

A def is there to defend you against being farmed and if anyone wants your kuwal they better beats it.

Thats how i want a war game to be and i have because of this update loong thought of leaving and i still am and i aren't alone in that.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Age : 34
Number of posts : 416
Location : Farum, Denmark
Registration date : 2010-06-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Is there a point to having a defense at all?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum