Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Republic farming policy

5 posters

Go down

World Republic farming policy Empty World Republic farming policy

Post by Kenzu Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:08 pm

World Republic has a new farming policy:

Attacker must earn 1 million kuwal for each unit he loses.
This applies for all hits against World Republic members, as well as for all hits by World Republic members.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

World Republic farming policy Empty Re: World Republic farming policy

Post by melonhead Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:41 am

I think it is a bit early for such things, as most are still unwilling to hit actives... but I guess no harm no foul..
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:19 pm

Maybe yes, however I prefer order and that's why I don't think it's a bad idea to have a farming policy.

My calculations are simple. People usually use RPGs, they cost 400.000 per unit. UU costs roughly 100k, training 200k, that's 300k, but only 50% of units die, 50% get wounded.

This adds up to 550.000 kuwal value per 1 casualty.
Now stealing at least 1 million for each 550.000 losses sounds fair to me.

If upgraded weapons will be used, it might grow to 600 or 700k per 1 million lost. Still acceptable value I believe.

-------------------------------

We reached a point when farming actives gives much more kuwal than farming inactives. Considering it costs 100-140 million to buy 10 AT
stealing 160 million from inactives leaves an attacker with little profit

160 million
-20x550.000=-11 million
AT cost = -120 million
TOTAL: 29 million profit

Now farming actives easily leads to 500 million kuwal stolen and 450 losses

500 million
-450x550.000=-248 million
AT cost = -120 million
TOTAL: 132 million profit

Seeing actives give a profit that is a multiple of a profit from an inactive, and also the fact that players tend to keep low defenses, farming actives seems like the only logical step to make.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:40 pm

I see you completely ignore the loss of UU you accept that could be placed in income and the income those units could be creating as well.

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:46 am

Below is my response to your farming policy

[17 Dec] 18:38 Keinutnai 403,728,258 Kuwal Stolen 10 200 806 5,259,505 3,406,259

Since we are playing a 3 month reset then there should be no need for any farming policies. In fact as this is the first actual round then I think all types of activities should be encouraged not discouraged so that we can ensure all bugs are eliminated
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:21 am

I agree with manleva, Though order is good, This is really just a test phase where every attack should be encouraged and making people worry about policies seems to be counter intuitive
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:07 pm

Keinutnai wrote:My calculations are simple. People usually use RPGs, they cost 400.000 per unit. UU costs roughly 100k, training 200k, that's 300k, but only 50% of units die, 50% get wounded.

If upgraded weapons will be used, it might grow to 600 or 700k per 1 million lost. Still acceptable value I believe.
I think you are ignoring the fact that weapons lost in no way resemble the amount of units lost. So the cost of 550,000 Kuwal per casualty is off. In my case it is too high.
You can see exactly how many Kuwal's worth of weapons you lost, though. So it would be simpeler to not assume an amount, but just add the total amount for weapons to the total amount for UU.
For myself I will give no exact rules. If you farm me it better be very profitable or you will lose your ability to farm me. It's a reset round after all.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:12 am

Jiro wrote:
Keinutnai wrote:My calculations are simple. People usually use RPGs, they cost 400.000 per unit. UU costs roughly 100k, training 200k, that's 300k, but only 50% of units die, 50% get wounded.

I think you are ignoring the fact that weapons lost in no way resemble the amount of units lost. So the cost of 550,000 Kuwal per casualty is off. In my case it is too high.
You can see exactly how many Kuwal's worth of weapons you lost, though. So it would be simpeler to not assume an amount, but just add the total amount for weapons to the total amount for UU.
For myself I will give no exact rules. If you farm me it better be very profitable or you will lose your ability to farm me. It's a reset round after all.

What do you consider very profitable?

I consider 1 million kuwal per 1 casualty profitable. but your way of explaining is extremely vague.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down