Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ingame trading - what's allowed

+14
Paladius
r1maru
lil monsters
curumo
PeaceDevil
Vesper
kingkongfan1
Admin
ian
Martineagle
Kingofshinobis1
seaborgium
Nomad
Jiro
18 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Ingame trading - what's allowed - Page 4 Empty Re: Ingame trading - what's allowed

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks for your time admin, i appreciate it. Im against feeding as well but what about new players?
If you get someone to play, its normal to send resources and help the person out, so the account develop faster and the person doesn't get bored, i hope this wont get affected that much
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Ingame trading - what's allowed - Page 4 Empty Re: Ingame trading - what's allowed

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 9:33 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:Thanks for your time admin, i appreciate it. Im against feeding as well but what about new players?
If you get someone to play, its normal to send resources and help the person out, so the account develop faster and the person doesn't get bored, i hope this wont get affected that much
If a person is new and gets 5 bil kuwal, then their ratio will spike. However since they will invest into their account and grow rapidly in the beginning, the ratio of resources received vs account value will also decrease rapidly. The monitoring system will detect this change and will not cause any problems.

sea, the increase in time is easily justified Smile
I dont want people to put up an offer that is just slightly better than what is currently on. It will promote people actually putting up more realistic offers.

Lord Ishurue wrote:can someone please tell me or post what exactly is what is an illegally high rate and what is an illegally low rate ?
ok, will post the rates publically on the news page so that people can actually use the broker if they want until the system to monitor the prices and tell everyone what is acceptable
I dont think there will be major fluctuations of prices in one week

Onto more joyful news, the system to count how many units someone received from their officers and how long someone was an officer of a commander appears to work as it should.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:24 pm

I'll wait and see what the system does and how it works out for me in every day life. It looks like most of the problems fade away by just growing your account.

Last edited by Jiro on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:25 pm

@Admin . I meant what is the max rate a CO can give his officers , and what is the minimum rate .

if you decide to control that rate . then i would suggest to implement a max & min rate ( for example minimum rate u can pay officers is 130k maximum is 170k , arbituary numbers just for example sake )

currently if u try to pay officers 0 kuwal the game automatically makes your rate 30k , so if you tried to pay an officer 1million rate , the game would change it to the maximum rate allowed .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:55 pm

Lord Ishurue wrote:currently if u try to pay officers 0 kuwal the game automatically makes your rate 30k , so if you tried to pay an officer 1million rate , the game would change it to the maximum rate allowed .
news page is online

I am not going to limit extremely how much or how little you can give to your officers each turn, that is for everyone to decide. what will matter is how much you pay them over a longer period of time

right now there is just a minimum i think around 30k
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:32 pm

Is the officer time and units sent tracking mechanism already online and visible for me or will that come later?
By the way, the 24h waiting time for the private market has convinced me not to add a broker, for it will take too long for people to react to my offer. It may be a short while before the GPM dries up, and becomes out of use, but I think it will. 12 hours I could live with, just set a broker at the end of the day and you'll sell your resources next day. 24 hours mean an extra day.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:53 am

Admin wrote:sea, the increase in time is easily justified Smile
I dont want people to put up an offer that is just slightly better than what is currently on. It will promote people actually putting up more realistic offers.
Then run the market. Get rid of it. Its a public market. Thats what happens, supply/demand.

You have killed my sales totaly with that. If you have it logged at all you will see that I haven't done it at all. with 24 hours the rates will fall. It not worth a crap.

I still want my Kenny the commie doll damn it Nomad, you better return him next time you come over to play.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:09 am

Will we actually see the system and how it works before we start getting redlined or what?

Roll the damn update out already so we can try to adjust instead of throwing new rules out every day.

*me thinks a week long protection is in order to let Admin get the lead out*
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:15 am

seaborgium wrote:Then run the market. Get rid of it. Its a public market. Thats what happens, supply/demand.

You have killed my sales totaly with that. If you have it logged at all you will see that I haven't done it at all. with 24 hours the rates will fall. It not worth a crap.
Might I clarify that 24 hours is the maximum value it can take, if you're lucky enough it will show up after 1 minute.
So on average you will only wait 12 hours.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 am

12 hours still isn't enough time for someone to react to the market. Say if someone tosses up 180k UU whent eh price is 181k.
8 others toss up at 178k or lower, that person has to wait 12 - 24 hours....
before his change price goes into affect, but yet say 4 hours it hits 190k.
I have watched the market take 20-40k swings in 3-4 hours.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:15 am

seaborgium wrote:12 hours still isn't enough time for someone to react to the market.
8 others toss up at 178k or lower, that person has to wait 12 - 24 hours....
before his change price goes into affect, but yet say 4 hours it hits 190k.
I have watched the market take 20-40k swings in 3-4 hours.
If you can offer an applicable solution to adress buhcore's worry that those who cannot login every few hours also manage to sell resources without having their offer almost instantly over-bidded by others only causing these people to become frustrated and not bother to use the private market at all.
buhcoreTheGreat wrote:so because i dont spend 3 hours daily playing aderan wars i will probably never get "the right opportunity" to buy at very profitable rate ? Is your point to make us players spend more time playing aderan wars?

The increased timeframe is meant to make you think about the rate you wish to receive for your resources, not about the rate that will earn you the highest profit.
If you want to hedge resources then keep them in your account and wait for the good offers to pop up.

Also I believe that increasing the time will not cause the private market to dry out, it's a 50:50 shot. On one hand people might not want to put up resources because they think it will take too long to sell, on the other hand people will be more willing to put up resources because they know that once their offer is active, it takes longer for someone to set a better rate
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:01 pm

The market was a capitalist market, as in if you wanted the best profit then you needed to work for it. If not then just slam the items up for a price and let them sell. If anyone wants UU to sell right away always sell for 175k or lower, as TIE will always buy them lol. Sell ATs for less then 9m, they will always sell.

Also argument wasn't towards the market. It was towards private trades. At times you can post here on the forums your looking for UU for such a rate and others will sell it to you. But thanks to your new crap shoot, that may put him into redline and possible to get him banned.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:55 pm

Any chance you could explain in simple terms what your issue is because I really have no clue now what you want to know.

You worried about quickly fluctuating prices making broker trading unfeasible?
Or about long response time for activation of trades on the market making it hard to jump ahead of someone else's offer.
Or something else
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:16 pm

I don't do broker trading much unless I am helping a friend or a bought something. So the broker trading to me is mostly useless.

The time frame for the market is the issue. That market acts MUCH faster then 24 hours can handle. It makes it almost impossible to try and make sure you are getting the best deal. I have access to the PC while at work, so I watch the market a good bit to make sure I can get the best deal, I have watched the market flux 50k in an hour. Thats a big deal. But since you changed it to 24 hours. I can't up and change my rates when ever I want too. Unlike others I not a fan of beating someones price by 1.
The only time I ever beat someone elses price is when I am forcing the prices down.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:27 pm

IF you can find a good way to address buhcore's issue, I am sure we could work something out.
only thing i thought of up to now was that you pay some fee 2-3% and then get the resources up there more quickly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:51 pm

Admin wrote:If you want to buy or sell for very profitable rates then use the public market and find the right opportunities. The trade broker is not the place for that.

So what are trader brokers for?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:54 pm

seaborgium wrote:
Admin wrote:If you want to buy or sell for very profitable rates then use the public market and find the right opportunities. The trade broker is not the place for that.

So what are trader brokers for?
if you gotta trade/want to trade with someone specific.
In that case exchange for the game suggested rates or accept the changes to your transfer ratio
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:09 am

Are trades and officer payments being counted against us yet? when will all this be released so we can finally start to figure it out, I am getting more and more confused by the conversations because there are to many contridictions.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:13 am

Admin thank you for the recent change, however. You have it say avg 12 hours....
But if you update a market trade it says 24 hours.

Also thank you for changing the rate for canceling.

I wouldn't mind the % to put on market faster.

since its now at 12 hours...

I offer this

1% for 6 hours
2% for 3 hours
3% for Now

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:16 am

seaborgium wrote:Admin thank you for the recent change, however. You have it say avg 12 hours....
But if you update a market trade it says 24 hours.

Also thank you for changing the rate for canceling.

I wouldn't mind the % to put on market faster.

since its now at 12 hours...

I offer this

1% for 6 hours
2% for 3 hours
3% for Now

This total price or in addition to standard price?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:21 am

say you put 10k UU up for sale, and you want it there sooner...

6 hours - 9900 would come up for sale
3 hours - 9803 would come up for sale
Now - 9708 would come up for sale

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:38 am

Oh yeah the cost for the GM has been completely removed, I get it now.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:07 pm

Nimras wrote:
Well i get the link i just see 2 things i would like for you to do else i understand it perfectly and love it.

Raw UP <- is missing i would like to have this still there as i liked to know as well.
Loyal for <- is it possible when this gets 100% up and running instead of the old system to show the ACTUALLY loyality they have to you instead of since it was putted in

Beside that i love the new one.
k removed race for now and added raw up back.
Thing is I generally design the pages to look on a 1280x1024 screen since that is generally the most often used size by people

explain the second one.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:41 pm

I get loyal for 107 turns for the first officer and 130 turns for the rest. Got the same result a couple of hours ago.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:20 pm

Jiro wrote:I get loyal for 107 turns for the first officer and 130 turns for the rest. Got the same result a couple of hours ago.
there's a number of complex calculations to do to update all of it, so it doesn't update each turn.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next