Whats going to happen to AW?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by austin5650 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Does admin log in anymore at all? A couple months ago Admins brother logged in and told me he was going to be launching a new ad campaign to revive the game, but nothing has happened of yet.


Has anyone discussed this with them?


Are there any speculations you would like to share?

austin5650
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4529
Alliance : The Guild
Number of posts : 107
Location : Duke Letto's family restaurant.
Registration date : 2010-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by fivel on Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:44 pm

the answer to your questions is: probably not

fivel
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 388
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 236
Registration date : 2012-04-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by mental on Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:33 pm

Domain Name: ADERANWARS.COM
Registrar: NEW DREAM NETWORK, LLC
Whois Server: whois.dreamhost.com
Referral URL: http://www.dreamhost.com
Name Server: NS1.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS2.DREAMHOST.COM
Name Server: NS3.DREAMHOST.COM
Status: ok
Updated Date: 11-dec-2013
Creation Date: 01-jan-2009
Expiration Date: 01-jan-2015

Dieded at that date I'd assume  Rolling Eyes 

mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Age : 152
Number of posts : 210
Location : Under my bridge
Registration date : 2010-12-07

View user profile http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Kenzu on Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:19 pm

austin5650 wrote:Does admin log in anymore at all?  A couple months ago Admins brother logged in and told me he was going to be launching a new ad campaign to revive the game, but nothing has happened of yet.


Has anyone discussed this with them?


Are there any speculations you would like to share?  

He has still not made the update, which is absolutely necessary for the ad campaign. I am still waiting for it. And by now I really have no idea when he is going to do it. I know he has a lot of work, but still. Eventually I want to see it.

Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 29
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by austin5650 on Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:22 pm

Kenzu wrote:
austin5650 wrote:Does admin log in anymore at all?  A couple months ago Admins brother logged in and told me he was going to be launching a new ad campaign to revive the game, but nothing has happened of yet.


Has anyone discussed this with them?


Are there any speculations you would like to share?  

He has still not made the update, which is absolutely necessary for the ad campaign. I am still waiting for it. And by now I really have no idea when he is going to do it. I know he has a lot of work, but still. Eventually I want to see it.


I would hope maybe he could pass AW onto you then? or perhaps sell it to a loyal player to take charge?

austin5650
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4529
Alliance : The Guild
Number of posts : 107
Location : Duke Letto's family restaurant.
Registration date : 2010-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Kenzu on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:50 pm

austin5650 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
austin5650 wrote:Does admin log in anymore at all?  A couple months ago Admins brother logged in and told me he was going to be launching a new ad campaign to revive the game, but nothing has happened of yet.


Has anyone discussed this with them?


Are there any speculations you would like to share?  

He has still not made the update, which is absolutely necessary for the ad campaign. I am still waiting for it. And by now I really have no idea when he is going to do it. I know he has a lot of work, but still. Eventually I want to see it.


I would hope maybe he could pass AW onto you then? or perhaps sell it to a loyal player to take charge?

I am not that good at coding yet, and the game will never be sold.
Because if it was ever sold, we would not be able to guarantee it to continue forever.
And I still want to see it become a big game one day.

By big I don't mean as big as games of corporations, but 1000 people logging in at least once a day, that is a good and realistic goal to achieve (but it requires the update and then some time to build up the playerbase again).

Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 29
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by austin5650 on Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:05 am

Any news or updates on Admin being able to run the updates and ad campaigns again?

austin5650
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4529
Alliance : The Guild
Number of posts : 107
Location : Duke Letto's family restaurant.
Registration date : 2010-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by seaborgium on Wed May 28, 2014 2:51 pm

games like this won't ever get to 1000 a day anymore.
theres so many tablet/cell phone games to play that have better interaction and portability then a web based game.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Kenzu on Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:08 am

seaborgium wrote:games like this won't ever get to 1000 a day anymore.
theres so many tablet/cell phone games to play that have better interaction and portability then a web based game.

I believe there are actually many games like these that have over 1000 players a day. And even Aderan Wars could reach it one day if the game is set up in a proper way, which leads to more revenue than ad spending (For example +1.1$ per 1$ spent). Then it would be only a matter of time and money spent to reach this number.

This was easier before, but now the competition is more fierce, and the set up of the game needs to improve to become more attractive, easier to understand, and make in-game purchases more convenient (currently it's not convenient enough, and some people didn't even know about the feature when I asked them before). This is pretty much the reason why the add campaign has to be postponed. Because if you gain merely 0.8$ from each 1$ you spend, you won't be able to grow indefinitely.

But I don't think the competition is more fierce because of cell phone games. I think it's the commercial regular PC games that compete with browser games.

I don't think cell phone games compete with browser games.
I personally have absolutely no interest in the shallow games they have on phones.

Also I think the interaction with other players in apps and the sort of games is very poor. Usually merely something like friend visited you which gave you some bonus resources, everything revolving about annoying your facebook friends and spending money. Very commercialized on top of that.

But in browser games like Aderan Wars there is much more deep interaction, be it treaties, alliances, wars, personal issues that got to be solved and what not.

I also think that once the novelty of the games wears of, and as people are getting more mature they will be less and less interested in these kind of things and there might be a surge in the interest of more deep games. (Cell phone games will of course always be played by the new kids that get smart phones for the first time in their lives).

That's at least how I see it.

Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 29
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by seaborgium on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:13 pm

I see your point Kenzu, but you have to look around, newer games then aderan wars in the browser arena are doing far better bc of the way this was handled.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by moky on Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 am

Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:games like this won't ever get to 1000 a day anymore.
theres so many tablet/cell phone games to play that have better interaction and portability then a web based game.

I believe there are actually many games like these that have over 1000 players a day. And even Aderan Wars could reach it one day if the game is set up in a proper way, which leads to more revenue than ad spending (For example +1.1$ per 1$ spent). Then it would be only a matter of time and money spent to reach this number.

This was easier before, but now the competition is more fierce, and the set up of the game needs to improve to become more attractive, easier to understand, and make in-game purchases more convenient (currently it's not convenient enough, and some people didn't even know about the feature when I asked them before). This is pretty much the reason why the add campaign has to be postponed. Because if you gain merely 0.8$ from each 1$ you spend, you won't be able to grow indefinitely.

But I don't think the competition is more fierce because of cell phone games. I think it's the commercial regular PC games that compete with browser games.

I don't think cell phone games compete with browser games.
I personally have absolutely no interest in the shallow games they have on phones.

Also I think the interaction with other players in apps and the sort of games is very poor. Usually merely something like friend visited you which gave you some bonus resources, everything revolving about annoying your facebook friends and spending money. Very commercialized on top of that.

But in browser games like Aderan Wars there is much more deep interaction, be it treaties, alliances, wars, personal issues that got to be solved and what not.

I also think that once the novelty of the games wears of, and as people are getting more mature they will be less and less interested in these kind of things and there might be a surge in the interest of more deep games. (Cell phone games will of course always be played by the new kids that get smart phones for the first time in their lives).

That's at least how I see it.
You personally have no interest in those games.
But it is also true that few people have interest in Aderan Wars.
I doubt you can deny this.

Maybe you should stop being proud of Aderan Wars and start being humble and learn from other games.
The whole game is simple and plain, and we just need to repeat a few steps to grow. No strategy, no planning, no tactics and no thinking.
I have fun looking at large numbers, but not many others do.

moky
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 16156
Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-05-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Kira on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:22 pm

Wait.. You guys are actually saying we will never get android version.. ?
I want the conclusion of this thread. Takes too much time judging by the thread title.

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Alliance : The "z0mg Ninjas" Clan
We are an elite group of frisbee players that have decided to take our adventures in a different direction.We are no longer the murderous folk our ancestors once were. Our goals in life are simply to blow up human corpses into thousands of little pieces and the scavenge through their belongings and take everything. If you wish to join this gang of ninjai just think really hard about it...and by utilizing my ninja skill i will be able to tell you want to join and will form a telekinetic mind link in which i will evaluate your usefulness to the clan.
If you do not meet the requirements, odds are, while I am in your brain...I'll change your desktop background and probably call your mother and talk to her about the weather. If, however, you are deemed worthy...you will be instantly cast into the gauntlet in which you will learn the ninja arts or die trying...once passed, you will be a standing member of z0mg Ninjas.
Look for us where ever you see no pants.....well wait...don't look there...unless I guess you want to look there...but I mean...we're the only ones who don't have pants..so you probably would wanna look there...so...umm in conclusion......uhh.....we have no pants.



Number of posts : 248
Location : what?
Registration date : 2009-06-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by austin5650 on Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:33 am

moky wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:games like this won't ever get to 1000 a day anymore.
theres so many tablet/cell phone games to play that have better interaction and portability then a web based game.

I believe there are actually many games like these that have over 1000 players a day. And even Aderan Wars could reach it one day if the game is set up in a proper way, which leads to more revenue than ad spending (For example +1.1$ per 1$ spent). Then it would be only a matter of time and money spent to reach this number.

This was easier before, but now the competition is more fierce, and the set up of the game needs to improve to become more attractive, easier to understand, and make in-game purchases more convenient (currently it's not convenient enough, and some people didn't even know about the feature when I asked them before). This is pretty much the reason why the add campaign has to be postponed. Because if you gain merely 0.8$ from each 1$ you spend, you won't be able to grow indefinitely.

But I don't think the competition is more fierce because of cell phone games. I think it's the commercial regular PC games that compete with browser games.

I don't think cell phone games compete with browser games.
I personally have absolutely no interest in the shallow games they have on phones.

Also I think the interaction with other players in apps and the sort of games is very poor. Usually merely something like friend visited you which gave you some bonus resources, everything revolving about annoying your facebook friends and spending money. Very commercialized on top of that.

But in browser games like Aderan Wars there is much more deep interaction, be it treaties, alliances, wars, personal issues that got to be solved and what not.

I also think that once the novelty of the games wears of, and as people are getting more mature they will be less and less interested in these kind of things and there might be a surge in the interest of more deep games. (Cell phone games will of course always be played by the new kids that get smart phones for the first time in their lives).

That's at least how I see it.
You personally have no interest in those games.
But it is also true that few people have interest in Aderan Wars.
I doubt you can deny this.

Maybe you should stop being proud of Aderan Wars and start being humble and learn from other games.
The whole game is simple and plain, and we just need to repeat a few steps to grow. No strategy, no planning, no tactics and no thinking.
I have fun looking at large numbers, but not many others do.

Kenzu, as much as I want you to be right, I think AW should look into the possibility of making an android/OS versions of the game to draw in the younger crowd, I dont think as this new generation gets older they will look for deeper games, we are the last of a great generation in online gaming, the shallow games are here to stay and we have to find a way to work around it.

There are people who would love this game, Kamatyan, loved it he even got his wife to play, but without the updates, ad campaign and things really needed to maintain it looks like a ghost town.

I also miss the ads you guys used to have, I discovered so many cool online comics that way.

austin5650
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4529
Alliance : The Guild
Number of posts : 107
Location : Duke Letto's family restaurant.
Registration date : 2010-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Kenzu on Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:58 pm

austin5650 wrote:
moky wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
seaborgium wrote:games like this won't ever get to 1000 a day anymore.
theres so many tablet/cell phone games to play that have better interaction and portability then a web based game.

I believe there are actually many games like these that have over 1000 players a day. And even Aderan Wars could reach it one day if the game is set up in a proper way, which leads to more revenue than ad spending (For example +1.1$ per 1$ spent). Then it would be only a matter of time and money spent to reach this number.

This was easier before, but now the competition is more fierce, and the set up of the game needs to improve to become more attractive, easier to understand, and make in-game purchases more convenient (currently it's not convenient enough, and some people didn't even know about the feature when I asked them before). This is pretty much the reason why the add campaign has to be postponed. Because if you gain merely 0.8$ from each 1$ you spend, you won't be able to grow indefinitely.

But I don't think the competition is more fierce because of cell phone games. I think it's the commercial regular PC games that compete with browser games.

I don't think cell phone games compete with browser games.
I personally have absolutely no interest in the shallow games they have on phones.

Also I think the interaction with other players in apps and the sort of games is very poor. Usually merely something like friend visited you which gave you some bonus resources, everything revolving about annoying your facebook friends and spending money. Very commercialized on top of that.

But in browser games like Aderan Wars there is much more deep interaction, be it treaties, alliances, wars, personal issues that got to be solved and what not.

I also think that once the novelty of the games wears of, and as people are getting more mature they will be less and less interested in these kind of things and there might be a surge in the interest of more deep games. (Cell phone games will of course always be played by the new kids that get smart phones for the first time in their lives).

That's at least how I see it.
You personally have no interest in those games.
But it is also true that few people have interest in Aderan Wars.
I doubt you can deny this.

Maybe you should stop being proud of Aderan Wars and start being humble and learn from other games.
The whole game is simple and plain, and we just need to repeat a few steps to grow. No strategy, no planning, no tactics and no thinking.
I have fun looking at large numbers, but not many others do.

Kenzu, as much as I want you to be right, I think AW should look into the possibility of making an android/OS versions of the game to draw in the younger crowd, I dont think as this new generation gets older they will look for deeper games, we are the last of a great generation in online gaming, the shallow games are here to stay and we have to find a way to work around it.    

There are people who would love this game, Kamatyan, loved it he even got his wife to play, but without the updates, ad campaign and things really needed to maintain it looks like a ghost town.  

I also miss the ads you guys used to have, I discovered so many cool online comics that way.

I personally have absolutely nothing against it, and would welcome the addition of an android version. The greatest problem is that admin, who is the main coder for the game does currently not have the time to make this addition. It's not something you can do in a couple hours.

A pity there is no one right now who could do it.

@moky
trust me, we have done plenty of research looking how other games do it, to improve the experience for users. One thing we learned from other games is to use icons and pictures. Those who play Aderan Wars since day 1 know that in the beginning there were no pictures at all, only text and numbers. Over time we have improved on that, and we have also changed the way people can get additional things in Aderan Wars. Before you had to make a payment each time you wanted to get something on Aderan Wars, this was a very rigid way of obtaining items and it also increased the fees we had to pay to Paypal, because more transactions had to be made by the same person if he wanted to have multiple things at once, however with the introduction of gold that we learned from other games, people could buy more gold at once and use it as they needed and didn't have to make a payment each time they wanted something anymore.

Don't even remember why we got rid of ads. Probably because we felt that it ruins the immersion when playing the game.

Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Age : 29
Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Lord Ishurue on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:00 am

Shallow, click on box & watch it explode, & flash amazing shiny colors is the new age quick game era, for more advance gamers its all bout ps4 and its rivals plus high end PC gaming.

imo only chance a game like aderan could go on is if shallowness could be added in, sorta like FINAL FANTASY VII / 7 yes FFVII final fantasy seven omg remake news wow wow ,  The card game it had .

if Admin made another ADWs server but made it card game based ( the shallow part), complex part ( for all yall WORLD OF WARCraft , Halo, Call of Duty Action gods & goddesses ) leveling up your cards.


quick example. Free/ sign up players have 3 card base ( pay SS packages upgrade to 12 card base ) ofc free players can do surveys etc put in work if money is tight to get up to 12 card base.

i have no solid idea at moment . but gist is every player levels up "cards" when u mass for a war , the defending play puts there cards guarding their realm in defense mode etc.


btw sorry if thoughts are all over on this card idea , basically was conjuring it up as i was writing, and also please don't delete the idiotic rambling , i mentioned popular games in hopes if players that play them were web searching, those key words they may stumble apon this site etc.


 ff7 card game vid

  ff9 card game vid

Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Age : 29
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by austin5650 on Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:58 am

It appears AW is now dead, as I cannot enter the code to log in

austin5650
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 4529
Alliance : The Guild
Number of posts : 107
Location : Duke Letto's family restaurant.
Registration date : 2010-10-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Whats going to happen to AW?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum