Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti bot updates

4 posters

Go down

Anti bot updates Empty Anti bot updates

Post by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 7:33 pm

Ok, looking for effective but not-extremely-annoying methods of going against bots.
Putting in number codes for every tiny thing like training, banking, buying weapons, etc. is potentially quite effective but quite annoying

Currently I only got two things on the list.
Number codes/some other input option only for banking. Every day you'll get one counter with which you can deposit without giving in the code. These counters will stack up to dunno maybe 100. So is good if you need fast bank but with a recovery of only one codeless deposit per day autobanker scripts will get limited in ability (assuming the human input part can get secured properly)
You can bank unlimited times obviously if you put in the number code.

Second would be that with opening a page you have some chance (maybe 0.5%) of having to input a code in order before you are allowed to open any new page. However I can imagine this being a huge pain in some time critical situations, however I'd like to look into preventing autofarming/raiding scripts from being effective.

So, suggestions?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Anti bot updates Empty Re: Anti bot updates

Post by Admiral Ackbar Fri May 08, 2009 8:42 pm

why not put a number code on login, and just have the sessions/cookies last 29mins, so the player would still have to log in every turn.

Admiral Ackbar
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri May 08, 2009 9:24 pm

Admiral Ackbar wrote:why not put a number code on login, and just have the sessions/cookies last 29mins, so the player would still have to log in every turn.
last resort option.

it can be annoying if you're in the middle of a battle and then you get logged out saying "you were online 29 mins, please login again lulz"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Fri May 08, 2009 11:24 pm

The only things that need to be controled are the autobanking and autotraining "features". If there is no autobank and no autotrain, there is no autofarming and no autoraiding. You could maybe make the captcha code to be available for 30 mins to avoid annoying people, when the 30mins expire, ther will apear a new catpcha code that needs to be reentered.
Just add some unbeatable captchas for banking and training and that`d be all. No bots. I don`t know how much that would cost you though.

PS. Have you run your magical scripts for catching cheaters lately? I didn`t see any new bans... which is either a good, either a bad thing. lol
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Fri May 08, 2009 11:32 pm

Nigatsu_Aka wrote:The only things that need to be controled are the autobanking and autotraining "features". If there is no autobank and no autotrain, there is no autofarming and no autoraiding.Just add some unbeatable captchas for banking and training and that`d be all. No bots. I don`t know how much that would cost you though.

LOL - good point. Guess my previous suggestion is useless then!

@ Admin - i d say just do what you suggested then - give 1 counter you can tick for banking without a caption. Regarding training i d say its not a issue having a caption - if someone see's a army with a lot of Kuwal out - they automatically go for it.. hence the need for quick banking (which the counter would enable once). For UU or units, you need to be spied to see that the enemy has a lot out. I d guess the odds of being caught with a lot of UU in the open would be very slim given this... so a captions perfectly fine i d say.

In regard to war situations - maybe simply have 1 "counter" for banking and training a day, which once activated gets rid of the captions for an hour after activation - so if your busy massing someone you won't have to worry about the captions during this time (which personally drive me crazy in war situations lol) Smile
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 09, 2009 12:28 am

there were a bunch of bans added lately, plus often enough it happens that i just remove some "excess resources" or w/e as a ban was not necesary

the "1 hour caption free" also came into my mind but wasn't really sure how useful it might be. esp if you manage to get into several skirmishes in one day, but yeh 1 is better than 0

and how does no autobanking result in no autofarming? i fail to see the logic in that.

the 30 min "lifespan" of the captcha has some advantages but also some drawbacks so not sure if i'm gonna do a one which lasts a bit or one that is done anew each time you reload page
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sat May 09, 2009 1:24 am

Admin wrote:and how does no autobanking result in no autofarming? i fail to see the logic in that.

I think he was referring to the point that if you had a script auto-farm for you, but can't auto-bank, you d run a very high risk of loosing all gained kuwal from auto-farming, by being farmed yourself - which coupled with the fact you d actually be cheating (thus potentially caught and banned) - would potentially be enough of a lack of gains for people to not bother auto-farming.

Of course... they could still auto-farm, and if they timed their own activity right, get online briefly to bank the kuwal gained from auto-farming... so it wouldn't totally eliminate auto-farming. Nor would it potentially as the game develops, with defences outstripping strikes (meaning a larger player could cheat, and his auto-farmed kuwal would still be unfarmed for when he gets online).
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 09, 2009 10:27 am

making sure they dont even start to cheat would be better
Admin