Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New round of updates

+6
StarWolf
Manleva
Smog
seaborgium
Special Agent 47
Admin
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

New round of updates Empty New round of updates

Post by Admin Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:59 pm

As mentioned in news page, more details to come, need to go to bed now.
Testing server is up
http://www.reset[dot]aderanwars.com
(sorry for the dot but otherwise can't post the link)

Main changes done to:
research
construction
starport/airforce

Free SS available soon through account upgrade page.
You'll be getting gold from awards, but also from inviting players, donations and simply logging in regularly
later you can buy and sell gold like regular resources (though obviously this will get monitored so there will not be a chance to send 5k gold and getting nothing in return)
Basically instead of donating to get some specific bonus, you can donate less and get the rest through other means, then use that gold to get the same benefits you could get until now.
Ratio will be 100 gold : 1$ equivalent, and for logging in you'll be getting up to 10 gold per day
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

New round of updates Empty Re: New round of updates

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:23 pm

what good is the gold for those who have Perm SS?

What is up with the hospital and forgien ministry? Seems rather pointless in main and a lot like RA.

A bank? increases you natural bank size by 100% for a 1 time fee?

Get some sleep Martin.

Since this is the test server will there be any problems with PTR changing drastically? Many, myself included, do not have an abundance of time. For me it would be far more beneficial to assist someone else who can really test the systems fully.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:38 pm

will not bother with ptr for now, since people do whatever they want anyway

gold will be a commodity which you can trade for actual resources. so it'll be useful for everyone

the foreign ministry is useful since it avoid every new player making a new alliance, gives them some time to think it through, I dont really see a big issue with it.
plus a one time boost to bank seems ok, everyone will need more than 200% anyway

upon release, there will be a chance to receive some market reserves back from the investments one has made into increasing their bank
hualu bonus will get tweaked probably because of that whole research story
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:44 pm

Admin wrote:will not bother with ptr for now, since people do whatever they want anyway

gold will be a commodity which you can trade for actual resources. so it'll be useful for everyone

the foreign ministry is useful since it avoid every new player making a new alliance, gives them some time to think it through, I dont really see a big issue with it.
plus a one time boost to bank seems ok, everyone will need more than 200% anyway

upon release, there will be a chance to receive some market reserves back from the investments one has made into increasing their bank

With it being test, I just ask so those who do not have time to help test can still assist by supply those who can. It is test afterall.

I still think every member should require a ministry to even be in an alliance. I hope you put those building high on the Con yard list so no noobie can build one.

If you have time explain the Hualu remark, if not go get some rest and come back later. I have no idea if your boosting or nerfing them.

I hope you rethink all those colors, its too much like RA and some are hard to see and read. Overall they are useless TBH.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:49 pm

Please unlock the test server thread, I have already found bugs

I went to withdraw my funds in GM and I am not receiving them, lost several hundreds of bill of $$. Br nice if you can fix it and give me back my funds.

***EDIT****

Got booted from the test and got this

Game updates in progress
Aderan Wars
TESTING Server

***********2nd EDIT**************

I see you just added clinics with the same description as the hospital?

You really need to give us a place to discuss and ask questions, this topic is going to explode, also some idea on what is going on would be nice. What are you thinking? What direction are you hoping to take? Give us some clues so things are not a total shock. If main follows the path of RA with practically no loss of life I feel that's a great loss to the game, but I have no idea what you thinking is, nor your logic/reasoning.

Toss us a bone Martin, and give us a proper place to discuss and report bugs.

*****edit again****
Research Center 2
Allows you to research technologies to heal your units more quickly.
So now we have 3 different way to heal?

To heal what exactly? and why are 3 different ways needed to do the same thing?

also found another bug, it took no funds from me to initiate construction on a building.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:30 am

Based on what I have heard of RA, and what I am seeing currently

Can you do us all a favor, just make a sims/freloffer game, and if someone decides to leave refund any $ they have spent.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:34 am

Well I am hoping Martin is not about to take main down the RA path of practically no loss of life in fighting. I would hate to see the playerbase shrink smaller than it is already.

Since almost every link on the command page kicks me out of the game I think I'll call it a night and hope Martin gets everything done by tomorrow and we can begin testing what we can. I also hope You will give us some insight Martin, as to what your direction and line of logic is with these new changes.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:24 am

I'm getting kicked out on some links too. They work if you relogin 2-3 times.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:29 am

Hospital - increases how many units you can heal
Clinic - increases how many units you can heal
Is hospital like a one time boost and then you have to build clinics for more of the same?? IMO, it would be better if the actual building of clinic had the cost of the hospital, and then you could just enlarge it for a smaller cost.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:34 am

The possibility to invest in in weapon technology without having to bank is a nice add. So upgrades got cheaper but prices are the same?
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 am

test server section unlocked

Special Agent 47 wrote:Please unlock the test server thread, I have already found bugs

I went to withdraw my funds in GM and I am not receiving them, lost several hundreds of bill of $$. Br nice if you can fix it and give me back my funds.
Due to a number of update related issues I had to make changes to almost all pages, this is one such thing where things unrelated to the updates could apparently break. fixed and returned kuwal

***EDIT****

Got booted from the test and got this

Game updates in progress
Aderan Wars
TESTING Server
fixed, was only on certain pages

*****edit again****
Research Center 2
Allows you to research technologies to heal your units more quickly.
So now we have 3 different way to heal?

To heal what exactly? and why are 3 different ways needed to do the same thing?
yes and no. hospital gives a boost to % heal per day, research 2 allows you to increase that even more somewhat, clinics heal a SET amount per day, so when you have many wounded you'll benefit from the % heal more. once you're down to 100k and less then the clinics will make a bigger difference

otherwise there is no change to death or wounded rates. all that's increasing is healing speed

also found another bug, it took no funds from me to initiate construction on a building.
deducted kuwal from me as it should. I know I cleared my whole construction page and went through all buildings one by one. If you know which building it was then let me know, i'll look at it again
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:41 am

Special Agent 47 wrote:I hope you rethink all those colors, its too much like RA and some are hard to see and read. Overall they are useless TBH.
colors on infobar?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:59 am

On the Spend Gold page it shows that the Trader Package (240 Days of SS) and the Permanent Trader Package (Permanent SS) both cost 2,500.

Looks like there is a typo there somewhere or if there's not then the Trader option is a bit pointless.

Where will or can we see the amount of Gold that we have?
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:03 am

I set 1 atk unit to train yesterday and its still showing as training.
I did the same as SA47.
I built Yard 4 and it didn't take any money.
I think I just built Yard 5 and I didn't lose anything.

Why the separation of atk and def weapons?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:17 am

I not a fan of the investment into getting the next level. I think that takes away from the skill, and allows players to get ahead of where they should be.

However since you seem to want it I would recommend that it get treated just like anything else in RL where you make payments. You need to pay interest. While I think interest per day is too much, maybe figure in the interest after each payment.

I will use a car for example.

Car cost is $10,000

if you buy it out right its $10,000. You might even beable to make a deal and get it lower.

say you do a loan. we will use 1% intrest a month, payments are $500 a month.
As you can see you paid 11215, it cost you an extra 1215.

I set my training units up to 50k, and again still not training.
Armoury also isn't making weapons either.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:28 am

When updating my MOTD:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function updatepersmessage() in /home/efterburn/reset[dot]aderanwars[dot]com/option_account2.php on line 252

Clicking on report shared computer usage.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{' in /home/efterburn/reset[dot]aderanwars[dot]com/option_sharing.php on line 48

No healed units either.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:03 am

When you click build on a building, it does build it.
however the build button doesn't go away.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by StarWolf Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:27 am

the new updates look swell! When the round 4 will be ready? I wanna to play it with these new updates. Smile

StarWolf
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:53 am

seaborgium wrote:However since you seem to want it I would recommend that it get treated just like anything else in RL where you make payments. You need to pay interest. While I think interest per day is too much, maybe figure in the interest after each payment.
I have been thinking about somehow tying in extra cost overhead beyond your bank size or income or something to be counted with extra costs but haven't figured out any good way

fixed motd

fixed sharing page

fixed sharing page

building queues might get added with all this, will think about whether or not to remove the build button simply for starting a building

edit: training/weapon construction working again
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:14 pm

Special Agent 47 wrote:
Admin wrote:will not bother with ptr for now, since people do whatever they want anyway

With it being test, I just ask so those who do not have time to help test can still assist by supply those who can. It is test afterall.

I still think every member should require a ministry to even be in an alliance. I hope you put those building high on the Con yard list so no noobie can build one.

If you have time explain the Hualu remark, if not go get some rest and come back later. I have no idea if your boosting or nerfing them.

I hope you rethink all those colors, its too much like RA and some are hard to see and read. Overall they are useless TBH.

It will be neither boosting nor nerfing. Simply the benefits you got from saving on research due to no banking fees will be transfered towards the researches, because with the update you can research even 4 trillion research without banking a single time.
That's how I see it.

Which colors are you referring to?

Special Agent 47 wrote:Well I am hoping Martin is not about to take main down the RA path of practically no loss of life in fighting. I would hate to see the playerbase shrink smaller than it is already.

Since almost every link on the command page kicks me out of the game I think I'll call it a night and hope Martin gets everything done by tomorrow and we can begin testing what we can. I also hope You will give us some insight Martin, as to what your direction and line of logic is with these new changes.

The updates are basically in no way similar to RA. The main difference between main and RA is that RA has a completely different farming and massing system, spies require explosives and assassins need assassin weapons. None of these things will come to main. The only similarity you might see in these updates is that there are more buildings and the same pictures are going to be used as on main.

Admin wrote:
Special Agent 47 wrote:I hope you rethink all those colors, its too much like RA and some are hard to see and read. Overall they are useless TBH.
colors on infobar?

I dont think he means those because I got colors on infobar on main for a long time already.

seaborgium wrote:I not a fan of the investment into getting the next level. I think that takes away from the skill, and allows players to get ahead of where they should be.

However since you seem to want it I would recommend that it get treated just like anything else in RL where you make payments. You need to pay interest. While I think interest per day is too much, maybe figure in the interest after each payment.

Car cost is $10,000

if you buy it out right its $10,000. You might even beable to make a deal and get it lower.

In RL you pay interest if you lend money. But you dont lend money at all. You keep adding money to the research until it's done, and you cannot use the technology until you paid in full for it.

But let's assume that a possibility is added to lend money, then you have a good suggestion and I think it could work.
PS: but 1% interest per month is too little. The inflation on Aderan Wars is more like 1% per day I believe.

StarWolf wrote:the new updates look swell! When the round 4 will be ready? I wanna to play it with these new updates. Smile

This is not related to RA at all, and it will not come with round 5. That's for sure. Airforce will be added to RA after it has been completed and works on main. These updates are all for main.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:59 am

First let me apologize for not making myself clear. I was speaking to the game admin Martin, and I request responses from game Admin Martin so that I know there is truth and merit to the responses. You also do not seem to understand anything about me, my questions, and my concerns so please stop trying to speak for me as you historically fail miserable.
Kenzu wrote:
Special Agent 47 wrote:

It will be neither boosting nor nerfing. Simply the benefits you got from saving on research due to no banking fees will be transfered towards the researches, because with the update you can research even 4 trillion research without banking a single time.
That's how I see it.
Martin could you please respond to this because Kenzu's response is difficult for me to understand.

Which colors are you referring to?

Special Agent 47 wrote:Well I am hoping Martin is not about to take main down the RA path of practically no loss of life in fighting. I would hate to see the playerbase shrink smaller than it is already.

The updates are basically in no way similar to RA. The main difference between main and RA is that RA has a completely different farming and massing system, spies require explosives and assassins need assassin weapons. None of these things will come to main. The only similarity you might see in these updates is that there are more buildings and the same pictures are going to be used as on main.
If you can not see any "similarities" then all I can say is I feel sorry for you. If you want a more defined list reach me VIA PM and I'll enlighten you. I see no need to clutter this topic discussing it with you.

Admin wrote:
colors on infobar?

I dont think he means those because I got colors on infobar on main for a long time already.
Once again I feel like Kenzu must have a different form of access, or his browser displays differently because I have both main and Test open and if he can not see the differences in the colors,,,,, well I am at a loss for words.

For me the "old/present" main info bar has 2 colors. White and Blue. White represents information and blue represents a clickable link.

White links
Turn: 22 min Rank: 1 Attack: 53,751 Supply: 3,796 Covert: 61 Untrained: 574,104 Kuwal: 0

Blue links
Bank 7,339,584,136,781 Inbox 22

In the "new/future" main info bar you have 8 different colors

White
27 Oct 19:46:37 Time 21 min

light blue
Rank 1

green
Attack 53,751

grey
Supply 3,796

purple (and extremely hard to see)
Covert 101

orange/rust
Untrained 574,104

yellow
Kuwal 9,584,136,781

blue
Bank 7,339,584,136,781 Inbox 0

So overall I can make no sense from Kenzu's response at all, and have proven there has been a major change in the colors of the info bar. I say it makes little to no sense. The rainbow effect in not needed and is distracting. I can see making all non clickable one color and all clickable another, but this rainbow effect is horrid. At least make it where one can turn it off, and please make all the colors so you can see them at the very least.

seaborgium wrote:I not a fan of the investment into getting the next level. I think that takes away from the skill, and allows players to get ahead of where they should be.

Car cost is $10,000

In RL you pay interest if you lend money. But you dont lend money at all. You keep adding money to the research until it's done, and you cannot use the technology until you paid in full for it.

But let's assume that a possibility is added to lend money, then you have a good suggestion and I think it could work.
PS: but 1% interest per month is too little. The inflation on Aderan Wars is more like 1% per day I believe.

Please define lend in your language. Because where I am from to "lend" is for you to "give" money. So if I "lend" you money, I give it to you, you pay me interest, and then pay me back what you owe. What you say above means I lend you money by giving you money and then pay you interest for you having my money. It makes no sense, but I am sure its just a wording issue that is stumping me.

You "borrow" money, and pay it back with interest, You lend money and receive it back plus interest.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:52 am

@ SA47 - Currently in main I see multiple colours in the info bar and they appear to match those in test. I have seen them this way for quite some time. There may be something different with either your display options (although I can't really see anything that stands out) or your browser possibly.

Borrow / Lend discussion

I can possibly see where the confusion may be coming from here and believe it is related to the different countries and financial systems we all live in.

Borrow, Lend, by on Credit, Time payment, Hire purchase are all essentially the same thing. You Purchase something for which you cannot pay for fully. You get your purchase an can use it immediately and over time pay back the cost of the purchase plus interest.

Admin option as it stands is what is called Lay by in my country. Her you go to the shop and make a purchase. The shop then puts the goods in storage and over time you pay for them. You do not get the goods until you have fully paid for them plus generally a very small handling fee.

From my point of view both systems have merit. Borrowing so that you can have immediate use should incur an additional cost. The option to pay in installments is also good but should have no interest added in because once invested here it cannot be used elsewhere.

To put it better, Borrow for immediate benefit and pay interest or make payments over time but slow other investment into your account.

I think Admins way is much less exploitable. It prevents Borrowing to increase power then using the increased power to be disruptive to others before leaving the game. Selling accounts would be much less attractive because realistically debt should be transferred as well. If the debt is not transferred then it becomes a way for others to benefit without any effort. What would you rather buy, an account that owes Admin 700b or an account that has 700b invested in the next upgrade?
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:37 am

This is very interesting on the color aspect. What is so different about my display? I will see you in PM's Martin to try to figure out what is going on.

Manleva it makes better sense now but 1 thing still eludes me. If borrow and lend both me the same thing, what term is used when you are the one giving the money and collecting the interest?

We have whats called "lay away". Where you put an item in storage and pay over time as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:44 am

Manleva posted what we have allso

Buy out right, borrow money(pays interest at a set rate and time frame), on credit(pay heavy interest, untill paid off), lay-away(pick items, store puts into storage till paid for, most time doesn't have but a small fee.)

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:56 am

I had not commented on kenzu's post since overall he had it right.

About hualu bonus. Well now when you look at the bonuses on main, you'll notice (let's simply compare daning and hualu):
Daning 20% to weapons research
Hualu 3% to all research

Hualu has technically 4 x 3% = 12% discount. But since generally you also bank the kuwal before getting the expensive upgrades, then in effect you also save the 2% on banking, so actually you would tend to have a 4 x 5% = 20%.

Now if daning didn't have to bank on any upgrade anymore, it would make hualu bonus much weaker, hence increasing it to 4% or maybe even 5% would be a reasonable step.

the colors have been on main too for quite some time now, I cannot remember exactly but it's been a few/several months definitely.

however if you think there's issues about seeing any particular section in the infobar then let me know which ones are hard to make out exactly, because as of right now, test and main have identical colors as far as i know
, and please make all the colors so you can see them at the very least.

and I do agree that overall there should be a plain color view in the settings

EDIT: about the colors, could it be that you have your infobar on the left side instead of the top?
because I just checked and on main the left side is white, while top has been colored for a while now.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next