Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Update

+5
Kingofshinobis1
StarWolf
Kenzu
Nomad
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gold Update - Page 2 Empty Re: Gold Update

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:32 am

StarWolf wrote:will gold be ranked?

why would it be? its meant too be spent not held.

Tho unfortunately it will diminish the usefulness of a bank, not that there is much need for one with the multiple exploits/game features that makes them useless already.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:03 am

I really hope it doesn't allow people to get more ST's. that'd be like indirectly removing their Purpose
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by StarWolf Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:18 pm

Nomad wrote:

Tho unfortunately it will diminish the usefulness of a bank, not that there is much need for one with the multiple exploits/game features that makes them useless already.

True.

Or how about more options to spend gold on?

like +1 personal bonus for 1000gold.
or +10% bank size for 1250 gold.
or 24 hours protection for 1000 gold
or 48 hours protection for 1750 gold.

etc etc etc.

StarWolf
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Lottery: we had that discussion already, here's the thread, it went out of hand
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2445-lottery

gold being ranked: sorry but that's just lol
neither AT, nor UU, nor Kuwal gets ranked

so, spending gold other than SS
copying from what's already on the reset server for many to see

Spoiler:

Bank size can be discussed and could get added
Refilling ones CT's might become an option, I dont see issues with it right now (though thinking about it only since it's been suggested)

Getting ST's or Increasing your Personal bonus without limits is a no no.
[though technically something like having the option of getting another 4-5 points maximum through gold could go, well it's weird and I'm only thinking about it now because it's been put out there, so as of now, rather not]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:46 pm

Admin wrote:

Bank size can be discussed and could get added
Refilling ones CT's might become an option, I dont see issues with it right now (though thinking about it only since it's been suggested)

Getting ST's or Increasing your Personal bonus without limits is a no no.
[though technically something like having the option of getting another 4-5 points maximum through gold could go, well it's weird and I'm only thinking about it now because it's been put out there, so as of now, rather not]

I can see increasing bank size if the price is right. Presently only MR's can do it.

I would say X amount of CT per day max, to stop abuse. I can see this as a good thing for the spy op guys.

As for more PBP, I would be ok with it as long as it is not permanent. If you were spending ALL the gold an account makes daily then you could maintain say 2 or 3 points with a max of 5 maybe 6 points, but it would cost you far more then you can produce on your own.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:21 pm

StarWolf wrote:
Nomad wrote:

True.

Or how about more options to spend gold on?

like +1 personal bonus for 1000gold.
No - Personal Bonus points are acquired in other ways. Gold will indirectly assist in this acquisition but I'm against the purchasing of PBP directly
or +10% bank size for 1250 gold.
or 24 hours protection for 1000 gold
or 48 hours protection for 1750 gold.

etc etc etc.

The introduction of Gold provides a mechanism whereby players who cannot afford to spend real money can in some way obtain the same benefits as those who have real money to spare.

I saw earlier Nomad questioning the length of time required to simply amass sufficient Gold to obtain PSS. While I do agree that it needs to take some time we also have to remember that currently it can be purchased at Any time by Anyone who has the Real Money to spend.

There has to be a balancing act somewhere because while the introduction of Gold will address the issues around differences between players who have real money to spend and those who don't there needs to be a balance that will not impact to drastically on the input of real money that assists Admin in keeping the game going. Only time will tell what the ultimate balance will and should be.

Perhaps also is now the time to be more inventive as to what rewards are provided to those who are able to spend real money. A couple of ideas could be;
1. Voting Reward - Spend $X and get half of the voting rewards for x days with having to vote.
2. Combat Time adjustments - Spend $X to have the time between missions reduced to say 5 seconds for x days
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:35 pm

Good stuff there Manleva.

I may be wrong, but I think gold will act the same as real $$. Only difference being you can buy gold with $$. So none $$ player wait to get gold. $$ players can get their limit which is 100$ every 45 days? I think. But as for any incentives made directly for $$ spenders I do not think that is what he had in mind. IDK

Game Admin Martin?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:11 am

atm the gold was meant pretty much as what nomad explained
but I think gold will act the same as real $$
almost, but it has other uses

making mobile phone donations becomes possible (some countries limit it to only a few $ per message)
some people cannot donate 10 or 20, but would be willing to give 5, and even that would help them get PSS

No to manleva's idea about gold offering chance to receive voting bonuses without voting since you can exchange gold for at/uu/kuwal directly anytime anyway.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:36 am

Admin wrote:atm the gold was meant pretty much as what nomad explained
but I think gold will act the same as real $$
almost, but it has other uses

making mobile phone donations becomes possible (some countries limit it to only a few $ per message)
some people cannot donate 10 or 20, but would be willing to give 5, and even that would help them get PSS

No to manleva's idea about gold offering chance to receive voting bonuses without voting since you can exchange gold for at/uu/kuwal directly anytime anyway.
The suggestion were rewards for donating real money and not something that could be brought with Gold
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:10 pm

Manleva has a point, or at least in my opinion. I really see the support given to this game drying up with this update. Since PSS can be gained ingame, and players buying from players I do not forsee much reason to support the game.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:54 pm

We can discuss those issues when they arise, I partially agree with the points raised
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StarWolf Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:46 pm

Nomad wrote:Manleva has a point, or at least in my opinion. I really see the support given to this game drying up with this update. Since PSS can be gained ingame, and players buying from players I do not forsee much reason to support the game.

Are you against the gold?

StarWolf
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2011-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:08 pm

StarWolf wrote:
Nomad wrote:Manleva has a point, or at least in my opinion. I really see the support given to this game drying up with this update. Since PSS can be gained ingame, and players buying from players I do not forsee much reason to support the game.

Are you against the gold?

Nomad is not against the gold, no one that Kong knows is, this is actually something that most have been asking for. the part in red is what he is refering to.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:14 pm

What I believe Nomad is suggesting is that once the gold update comes, people will not be donating money to get SS, and will simply wait to get it for free.

Time will tell if its true. But at least most people will get SS.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Kenzu,,,,
I am active and can speak for myself. No need for you to abuse your forum admin powers over and over. You speak for yourself, and I'll speak for myself. Seems any normal Forum Admin would know not to keep pushing someone he does not like and knows they do not like him, but you are an exception to many common sense rules.

@ Starwolf,,,,

IDK yet. Honestly I see some issues. I don't like retroactive updates because of the issues they cause. I AM a strong proponent of opening up the GM to all and always have been. I am also smart enough to see this may hurt the game in donations. What many $$ hater players do not want to accept is games like this can not survive without donations. Santa won't pay for the server. Now I have a great deal of faith in Martin in most all things with one 1 glaring exception, but that neither here nor there. If he feels comfortable with the risks and rewards of the "gold" system and what it could mean to the health and survivability of the game then I will back him 100%.

Long story short, I want all to have Access to GM and player trading, but if "gold" kills the game, as in literally shuts off the server due to non-payment, Then I do not want it.

Last edited by Nomad on Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:58 am

there's nothing to stop me from removing free gold should the need arise.
atm people donate more to get resources rather than get SS

the free gold will not get you many extra resources, so people will likely donate in the future anyway
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:19 am

Thats why I trust your decisions based on facts not presented to us normal forum users.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:40 pm

IN TEST...

Kong logs in this morning & sees that Kong has 960 gold,,, Kong logs in this afternoon & sees that Kong got an extra 160 gold from invited players,

[28 Dec] 10:43 You gained 160 Gold from invited players

this brings Kongs total gold to 1,120

In all honesty Kong was expecting 6690 gold, (days active * 10 gold per day) because of what Kong read below...

Spoiler:

but then Kong also read this...

Spoiler:

So if it isn't to much trouble; can we get a "refresher" on how the whole "Gold" update is going to work? or at least where we are at presently with it?

Just trying to stave off the confusion, (if thats possible) of those players who think they should have gotten more gold than they did... thanks.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoiler confusion...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 pm

It will work as explained in post 1 along with a few changes with input that came from some people. But the overall principle remains (some minor details about consecutive loggings might change or whatever)

What I added so far was the reworked invitation page, somewhat
And this:
Admin wrote:1 ) Players will automatically receive gold when they get medals (10 for each rank of each award).
4 ) The gold system will provide a bonus to players who invite new players in gold, which will allow them to decide themselves, if they want to get kuwal, uu or at for it, a combination thereof, or to save up gold for permanent SS

This will be next
Admin wrote:
1 ) Players will automatically receive gold each day (up to 10 gold per day), when they log in,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:39 pm

has it been removed or something?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 am

thank you...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:11 pm

ok it finally showed up this morning.

But can you spend or use it in any way yet? everything I have tries so far just results in a http 404 error and I can find no way to trade it with other players either.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:58 pm

Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Just wanted to say thank you on the color change for gold. Looks much better now. What a Face
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:47 am

Well it looks good but that's all as it is not updating.

I have seen no change in the amount of gold since it appeared.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content