Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system)

4 posters

Go down

Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system) Empty Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system)

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

As you know, with the upcoming gold update also invitation system will change. While at the moment you gain a certain bonus at different stages that a player you invited completes, with the gold update, the invitation system will work completely differently. This is how it will work:

Whenever a player registers, which you have invited, (If he uses your invitation link, or types in your ID as the referral manually), he will count as a player you have invited.
The game will record separately 2 things which are important for you: It records how much gold invited players earned by logging in and collecting medals; and it records how much money (in US dollars) players have donated to the game.

GOLD:
You will automatically receive 20% of all gold they have earned. (This gold doesnt include gold they get by donating, because the money they spend is calculated separately)

MONEY:
You will be able to claim (50% or 20%) of the money, which you can either convert into gold, or withdraw from your Aderan Wars account on your Paypal account. It has not been fully decided if a rate of 20% or 50% will be used permanently, however one thing is sure, namely that for the people you invite in the first 2 months of the new invitation update, you will receive a 50% rate. Depending on the success of this new feature, the rate will either decrease or remain the same for players that are invited afterwards.

When you want to claim the money, you simply click the "send money to my paypal" button, which opens a new page, where you type in the email address you want to send the money to, and can change how much money you want to send. This request will be completed manually and may take a couple days. When claiming real money, you will be charged 1 Dollar handling fee, and the minimum you can withdraw is 10$.

Example 1: If you invite players and they spend a total of 500 Dollars and 100 Euro, it means that they spent a total of 633.33 Dollars. You can claim 316.67 Dollars (50%). If you claim it, within a couple days the request will be processed and you will be sent 315.67 Dollars on your Paypal account (You pay 1 Dollar handling fee).

Example 2: Should the rate decrease to 20% on 1st march 2012, then if a player, who you invited on 5th February 2012, donates 50$ on 12th October 2012, you will still be able to claim 25$ for yourself

Additional info:
You will not get any gold from players that have been invited before the new system is released. (Because this would mean you are getting 2 bonuses for the same person). If however you still haven't claimed your invitation bonuses from your old players, they will be given to you.

However when old players (you invited them before this update is released) donate money to Aderan Wars after the new update is released, you will be rewarded with 50% of the money they spent.

Some background on the idea of giving real money to players: Most games offer bonuses for invitations, which are usually between 10% and 20%, and they pay them out in virtual currency only. Almost never they allow players to get their bonuses in real money. The reason why the corporations and independent game developers don't do it, is most likely GREED! It certainly will decrease the amount of money the game will make in favor of the players. But this is not a problem, because the game has no problem sustaining itself, and it will certainly lead to an increase in players. However there is a possibility that there could be other reasons, why other games don't do it, for example to prevent cheaters draining cash from the game illegaly (we take care that this doesn't happen by doing it manually and checking if everything is correct), or that it could have negative consequences on the game. What the negative consequences could be is not clear, but this possibility has to be taken into account. If there will be strong negative consequences due to this update, then the rate will be decreased for new players from 50% to 20%. I hope this doesn't happen. If everything is ok, then the 50% rate can be upheld indefinitely.

If we look back to 2009, there were no incentives for players to invite new players. In june 2010 the system was introduced that rewarded players for inviting new players. It was a great success. The new system should be even more successful, after all it grants much bigger incentives to players. And let's face it: Higher incentives produce better results!

Any questions?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system) Empty Re: Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system)

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:16 pm

WOW.

You guys are serious?

This is soooo abusable if you do not cap it in some fashion. If you leave it open ended then those who run websites and set up mirrors etc, etc, etc, there is no way for the common everyday user to ever compete. Most of us here have already brought everyone we know looking for a game. This plays to those who bring people they do not have any idea who they are and hoping they stay.

I just think it needs limits.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system) Empty Re: Invite new players and earn 50% of the real cash they spent! (new invitation system)

Post by Kenzu Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:34 am

Nomad wrote:WOW.

You guys are serious?

This is soooo abusable if you do not cap it in some fashion. If you leave it open ended then those who run websites and set up mirrors etc, etc, etc, there is no way for the common everyday user to ever compete. Most of us here have already brought everyone we know looking for a game. This plays to those who bring people they do not have any idea who they are and hoping they stay.

I just think it needs limits.

The amount a player can donate to the game to get ingame bonuses remains the same. ie. if you convert dollars you gained from inviting other players to gold, there is obviously a limit on how much you can convert. Once you reach your limit, you can wait until it replenishes, or you can simply withdraw the real cash.

Please explain how it is abusable?
And what do you mean by the sentence in bold?
Common users can still compete easily, since there restriction on how much money can be donated is not removed.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:25 am

You never mentioned any restrictions, so what are the restrictions? And you wonder why people get frustrated with you.

If you put no limit or restrictions on it, then a normal player will bring only a small amount of players to the game. Maybe 5 or 10 or even 25. Other players who run there own websites, or spend 16 hrs a day on a PC could potentially bring 100+ players to the game. You do not see or understand the issue that can cause? You would have to answer the above question defore adressing this.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Nomad wrote:You never mentioned any restrictions, so what are the restrictions? And you wonder why people get frustrated with you.

If you put no limit or restrictions on it, then a normal player will bring only a small amount of players to the game. Maybe 5 or 10 or even 25. Other players who run there own websites, or spend 16 hrs a day on a PC could potentially bring 100+ players to the game. You do not see or understand the issue that can cause? You would have to answer the above question defore adressing this.

I really don't see it, but what I see is the following:

The game will have much more players, thus it will become more interesting, more diverse and the game will be growing very fast.

The normal player, who brings say 10 players to the game that play can gain significant advantages, however this alone isn't enough to become the strongest player. It will help catching up though.
Then let's imagine a player, who might be very active, promoting the game and giving out his invitation link on various forums, facebook, youtube, and if he owns a website might even place a link for advertising Aderan Wars there. Let's assume that he somehow manages to bring a vast number of 100 players to the game. Even if these players donate a lot of money, he will not be able to convert all of it into gold. He can convert only as much as the restriction allows him. All he rest he can either send to his paypal, or wait some time before he can convert this too.

So if a player ramps up say 1000$ on his Aderan Wars account by inviting players, he cannot change all of it into gold immediately. He can change some part of it now, some later, and it will take him months to convert it all. Besides, it is also likely that many players will simply withdraw the money straight away and if he sends all 1000$ to Paypal then he doesnt gain any ingame advantages from this money.

Of course he also gets gold when players are playing, but this is only 20%. So for each active player, (assuming they earn 10 gold each day), he will get +2 gold.
2 gold buys you 10 Attack Turns
But each player who votes gets 216 Attack Turns each day.
If he brought 100 players to the game, not all would play anyway. If half of them keep playing, then the player is getting 100 gold per day (you can get the same by donating 10$ each 10 days)

Maybe another restriction can be added that a player cannot get more than X gold per day from inviting new players (gold that is gained by logging in and getting rewards).
And a limit how much gold can a player get per invited player which is gained by logging in and getting rewards.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:52 pm

I really wish you would think to do what is asked of you, such as explain the restriction instead of talking like everyone knows what the restriction is. I do not have a problem with the $$ side of what your doing other then wondering how it will effect the finacial health of the game.

The daily gold bonus/reward is my issue. I think you are thinking too small, but using you own example shows exactly what I am talking about. 50 players earning him 100 gold per day equals 36,500 gold per year. meaning to keep pace with this player another player must spend 3,650$$

Now compound this yearly. What if this same person is bringing in 50 people per year? in 5 years he is bringing in 182,500 gold per year meaning to keep pace another player would have to spend 18,250$$

No what happens if a player gets more then 50 players playing? Now does the restrictions make some sense to you?

So yes as you said in the last 2 lines, some restriction is needed. I would suggest a time limit and not everlasting rewards. Also you can make each additional reward worth less then the first much like the AE system so that every additional reward will increase your overall take, but the more you have the smaller the reward growth. A hard cap is fine but once someone hits it, what is the incentive to bring in more? I really think you should consider a time limit and not make then everlasting.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:18 am

While I can understand the need to look at the rewards offered for inviting players because of the implementation of Gold I do not think that it automatically means that the rewards need to change to being provided in Gold. What is wrong with the current system where the rewards are in the form of ingame resources.

When I initially saw this thread and read what had been posted I initially thought that there were some good new ideas being considered however after much consideration I cannot see any real good coming to AW from this update.

I believe that this update will inevitably change many things with AW and create far to many issues and exploits. AW is heading down a path that I believe will ultimately see it crash and burn and along the way it will gain a reputation that is not wanted.

I have seen no game that continuously rewards players for promoting it in the manner that is outlined here. Yes the possibility of gaining more players is high because there will be the ability to make real money from the game. However you will also attract those who are only interested in making money and who will only play the game in a way that will only impact on their ability to make money. Already the game is completely biased toward those who have the ability to invest small amounts of money. The Gold update as it was initially posted partly addressed the issues but it really does not address the underlying cause rather it give everyone the ability to eventually make use of the same exploits that really make this game little more than a contest about building stats.

Serious thought need to be given to the direction in which the game is heading and it probably time that Admin need to consider where he want's the game to go himself and not worry about the players views as much. If he wants a game that is fair to all and provides options for players to grow their accounts in different ways then he needs to code the game in that manner and remove the exploits. Yes, you will probably loose some players and upset some others but in the long run you will end up with a better player base who don't need to be bribed to stay and play a game that does have a lot of potential
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:28 am

Gold = $$ = resources.

So for all intensive pourposes the gold replaces the ingame resources previously given.

I personally think its a hard push to bring players into the game because the playerbase is small considering its 2 yrs old, and its not growing fast yet suffers many losses. I know I am no pleased with the overall direction of the game lately. But I can not offer a silver bullet fix either.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:37 pm

Nomad wrote:I really wish you would think to do what is asked of you, such as explain the restriction instead of talking like everyone knows what the restriction is. I do not have a problem with the $$ side of what your doing other then wondering how it will effect the finacial health of the game.

From the financial side everything is all right, and the game has no problem sustaining itself. The biggest problem I see here is the number of active players. I do want to make Aderan Wars a game with massive amount of active players. If we make less money, that's ok. Earning money isn't important. What is important is to grow fast. I know that with the right strategy this game could have even 10.000 people logging in each day. It's something that can take years to achieve, but I believe that this update is a step in the right direction.

The daily gold bonus/reward is my issue. I think you are thinking too small, but using you own example shows exactly what I am talking about. 50 players earning him 100 gold per day equals 36,500 gold per year. meaning to keep pace with this player another player must spend 3,650$$

Your calculation is wrong. To keep up, you dont have to spend 3.650$, but "only" 275$.
100 gold per day is 36500 gold per year. If you donate 100$ at once, you get 14.000 gold. For 200$ you get 28.000 gold. Add another 75$ and you get another 10.000. So for 275$ you can get 38.000 gold.

Then again think of it this way. Look at the rankings and look how many people are playing now. And now imagine that there is a single player responsible for bringing 50 active players to the game. Don't you think he deserves such a reward?

Also please consider that gaming skill is ultimately the most important in the game. Farming other players can give you a big advantage and if you look at the top 30 accounts, you will see that a lot of them got where they are by farming a lot, raiding a lot, not by spending money. Sure, donating helps. It helps especially much when you are a new player. But to become one of the best, you really need skill.

A player can earn and buy 198.925 attack turns per year without using the galactic market. Skill and time is very important in what you will do with it. You could raid it for 4000 UU per hit and end up with 79,5 million raided UU, or you could take more care and raid 6000 UU per hit and end up with 119,3 million raided UU. That's a difference of 40 million UU. 1$ gets you 100.000 UU now. So it is a difference of 400$ you can achieve simply by your raiding skill. And if compare yourself with someone who doesn't raid at all, only sells his attack turns in the trade center, then you gained 800$ more account value than him. So it really is about your skill and the work you put into the game.

Now compound this yearly. What if this same person is bringing in 50 people per year? in 5 years he is bringing in 182,500 gold per year meaning to keep pace another player would have to spend 18,250$$

No what happens if a player gets more then 50 players playing? Now does the restrictions make some sense to you?

Yes it makes sense.
The restriction (that a player cannot get more than 100 or 200 gold per day) makes sense, because if the limit is 100 gold, then a player can gold worth 275$ each year, no matter if he brings in 50 active players or even 500. Of course players can get more gold each year by donating or converting dollars from invitations to gold. As it stands now, most players, who are in top ranks achieved what they have mostly through skilled playing.

So yes as you said in the last 2 lines, some restriction is needed. I would suggest a time limit and not everlasting rewards. Also you can make each additional reward worth less then the first much like the AE system so that every additional reward will increase your overall take, but the more you have the smaller the reward growth. A hard cap is fine but once someone hits it, what is the incentive to bring in more? I really think you should consider a time limit and not make then everlasting.

I was thinking about a limit (for logging in and medals) of 500 gold per invited player and 100 or 200 gold per day. It would take 7 months for an active player to grant you 500 gold by playing. And once you reach that limit you will keep on getting a share of his dollars, but no share of gold from him anymore.

Manleva wrote:While I can understand the need to look at the rewards offered for inviting players because of the implementation of Gold I do not think that it automatically means that the rewards need to change to being provided in Gold. What is wrong with the current system where the rewards are in the form of ingame resources.

When I initially saw this thread and read what had been posted I initially thought that there were some good new ideas being considered however after much consideration I cannot see any real good coming to AW from this update.

I believe that this update will inevitably change many things with AW and create far to many issues and exploits. AW is heading down a path that I believe will ultimately see it crash and burn and along the way it will gain a reputation that is not wanted.

I have seen no game that continuously rewards players for promoting it in the manner that is outlined here. Yes the possibility of gaining more players is high because there will be the ability to make real money from the game. However you will also attract those who are only interested in making money and who will only play the game in a way that will only impact on their ability to make money. Already the game is completely biased toward those who have the ability to invest small amounts of money. The Gold update as it was initially posted partly addressed the issues but it really does not address the underlying cause rather it give everyone the ability to eventually make use of the same exploits that really make this game little more than a contest about building stats.

Serious thought need to be given to the direction in which the game is heading and it probably time that Admin need to consider where he want's the game to go himself and not worry about the players views as much. If he wants a game that is fair to all and provides options for players to grow their accounts in different ways then he needs to code the game in that manner and remove the exploits. Yes, you will probably loose some players and upset some others but in the long run you will end up with a better player base who don't need to be bribed to stay and play a game that does have a lot of potential

What you say is very general. Would you mind elaborating on it? You mention issues and exploits a couple times, but you fail to mention what they are and how they would impact the game. So please explain.
You also say admin should remove exploits. What exploits? I am not aware of any!

Also why would the game suffer from players who only play to earn money by getting more players? Even if you don't count them as real players, they bring real players who like the game and play it properly, thus increasing the number of players who play the game for fun.

What reputation can the game gain?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:31 am

how often are you suppose to gain gold from inviting players? Today was the second time I got 154 gold for inviting players.

@ Kenzu,,,,
No I do not think someone deserves that kind of bonus over all the other hard working players just because they have a job sitting behind a computer with little work to keep them busy and plenty of time. Not everyone has the oppurtunity or know how to do such things and giving them such an unfair advantage is wrong , but thats just my opinion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:16 pm

The restriction hasn't been placed yet. And the gold update is still being coded.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm

I know, its in test not main, and does that mean a restriction is going to be put in place? if so what is it?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:59 pm

Nomad wrote:how often are you suppose to gain gold from inviting players? Today was the second time I got 154 gold for inviting players.

incase it was overlooked instead of ignored.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:28 am

Nomad wrote:
Nomad wrote:how often are you suppose to gain gold from inviting players? Today was the second time I got 154 gold for inviting players.

incase it was overlooked instead of ignored.
was a bug with the system

admin account wrote:
[05 Jan] 00:24 You logged in 2 days in a row (+2 Gold)
[04 Jan] 17:04 You logged in 1 day in a row (+1 Gold)
[04 Jan] 17:04 You gained 158 Gold from invited players
As you can see, you shouldn't get it twice anymore
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:44 pm

well thats not working on everyones account. Still no daily gold at all and gotten gold for inviting 3 or 4 times total now.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:54 pm

Nomad wrote:well thats not working on everyones account. Still no daily gold at all and gotten gold for inviting 3 or 4 times total now.
will look at it but worked fine on mine as in no double or triple invite bonus and proper login gold
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:well thats not working on everyones account. Still no daily gold at all and gotten gold for inviting 3 or 4 times total now.
will look at it but worked fine on mine as in no double or triple invite bonus and proper login gold

just reporting what has happened and not happened in test.

Last edited by Nomad on Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed question)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down