Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Armory/weapons/manning suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Armory/weapons/manning suggestion Empty Armory/weapons/manning suggestion

Post by Nomad Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:39 pm

This is an unfinished and incomplete idea. I put it out there so that maybe it can be completed, or finally killed as a viable suggestion. The basic idea is a way to split weapons and men for different styles of warfair.

As it stands now all weapons are damaged. Small or large, manned or unmanned. What I propose is that the attack page is based on weapon "classes". The damage and the losses would also be tied to this as well.

presently we have(I think, may be wrong on the upper end)
Knife
Automatic Pistol
Submachine Gun
Assault Rifle
Sniper Rifle
Machine Gun
Grenade Launcher
Heavy Mortar
APC
IFV
Main Battle Tank
What I propose is the ability to send 1 "weapon class" in. So I could possibly have 12 standing armies using this set up. One for each weapon class and 1 button to "send them all". So lets say I personally carry 3 weapon classes. 10K IFV's for hard core warfair. 1000 Machine guns for hitting live but weak targets. 10 automatic pistols for hitting 0 def kewal farms and for raiding.

Now I have the option to send different weapon classes and limited man power into a fight.

I see the ups and downs to this, Decreased cost to the attackers allows for more profitable farming. now a massive strike needs massive repairs, this will offset that a bit and give the attacker a bit more of an advantage. they can send an attack force barely over the defense instead of sending it all. It also give massive strikes the ability to raid just as cheaply as everyone else.

I would submit that a man is sent with each weapon until all men are sent. So if you have 10K IFV's and only 9K men, all the weapons are damaged, but you only get 9K men worth of power. If you send them all, weapons are manned from the strongest down. A man will pick up a machine gun before he will a knife.

biggest problem is this idea doesnt seem to benifit the defense in any way shape or form. The only "possitive" I can tie to it may be so expensive its not worth it. That would be to allow "waves" in the defense. This means if you had 10K men and 1K of each weapon class that the defense would fight in 10 waves. The strongest weapon wave would fight first, until it is completely overwealmed. Then the second wave would move in, then the third, until all "waves" are depleated. This would highly extend the life of defenses, and also increase the cost to completely mass someone, so much so that it may for unbalance the game.

just an idea, help me improve it, or kill it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Armory/weapons/manning suggestion Empty Re: Armory/weapons/manning suggestion

Post by Admin Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:38 pm

So far my ideas about weapons system was that weapon repairs get removed completely.
Weapons simply get "lost" as your units get killed. Also number of units killed in battle is always at least 1.

Results, not much difference to farming, instead of repairing all weapons, you just have to rebuy some weapons you lost.
More difference to massing, you can't really zero a defense with strike anymore, makes massing more interesting since you cannot kill assassins or mass strike for hardly any cost anymore since there will still be some bit of def left
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:46 pm

Admin wrote:So far my ideas about weapons system was that weapon repairs get removed completely.
Weapons simply get "lost" as your units get killed. Also number of units killed in battle is always at least 1.

Results, not much difference to farming, instead of repairing all weapons, you just have to rebuy some weapons you lost.
More difference to massing, you can't really zero a defense with strike anymore, makes massing more interesting since you cannot kill assassins or mass strike for hardly any cost anymore since there will still be some bit of def left

In theory I agree with your idea, and think much the same.

But I would rather see a reduction in power. so weapondry does still have a cost, ammunitions and such. You have 100% fully armored and ammo'ed. They weaken after each hit like it is now, but dont reach 0 power. 50% maybe down to 25%.

Removing the repair cost is rather scary to me to be honest. I don't know how the game would react with no repair cost. Wouldnt it just become a race to arm the most men since there is no repair cost?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:00 pm

Nomad wrote:Removing the repair cost is rather scary to me to be honest. I don't know how the game would react with no repair cost. Wouldnt it just become a race to arm the most men since there is no repair cost?
You dont gain anything by having more men.
Let's say it's strike.
Your unit losses will remain identical to a lower strike if a target defense remains the same.

And with defense well dont see much changing with that. When you get massed you generally notice when weapons are gone, but in this case it would be much easier to balance the massing system
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:11 am

I'd like to see it in action, its certainly a radical change.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:49 am

It is a far cry from the original system, and though I see the benefits of nomads strike idea, the admins would do much the same on farming small targets from what I see.

I personally like the idea, though I'm sure there will be those opposed to it
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down