Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change soldiers training cost

4 posters

Go down

Change soldiers training cost Empty Change soldiers training cost

Post by Kenzu Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:37 pm

currently it makes no point training simple soldiers, therefore I recommend keeping the 150.000 train cost for super soldiers and decreasing train cost for normal soldiers to 1.000 kuwal per unit, to make simple soldiers feasible in some situations.

So

super soldiers remain at 150.000
normal soldiers decrease from 15.000 to 1.000

people can train them fast ifthey have little money, but will have much more losses in battles.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Change soldiers training cost Empty Re: Change soldiers training cost

Post by Space2050 Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:28 pm

There's always that price scaling potential to slow down the game, lol. Such as in the long run where normal soldiers are the price of the current super soldiers, and the supers cost too much to profitably build a 2mil super army. lol

Space2050
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Space2050 wrote:There's always that price scaling potential to slow down the game, lol. Such as in the long run where normal soldiers are the price of the current super soldiers, and the supers cost too much to profitably build a 2mil super army. lol

this would make it for new players much more costly to catch up with huge players who have massive armies of supers for which they payed only 150.000, and the new players would have to pay 10 times more.

would be unfair
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:30 pm

I think the scaling was to be on size, not time, but I may be wrong.

I'm not for nor against this idea. Makes it cheaper to build a larger army quickly, one thats large but weak, but 1,000 may be to cheap, and retraining would also drop too I assume?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:22 pm

Nomad wrote:I think the scaling was to be on size, not time, but I may be wrong.

I'm not for nor against this idea. Makes it cheaper to build a larger army quickly, one thats large but weak, but 1,000 may be to cheap, and retraining would also drop too I assume?

1000 is little isnt it, but if that soldier is killed, you lost 101.000 value due to the unit cost. (and you have higher repair cost because you need 2 times more weapons to fend of an attack than if you have supers)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Space2050 Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:18 am

Kenzu wrote:
Space2050 wrote:There's always that price scaling potential to slow down the game, lol. Such as in the long run where normal soldiers are the price of the current super soldiers, and the supers cost too much to profitably build a 2mil super army. lol

this would make it for new players much more costly to catch up with huge players who have massive armies of supers for which they payed only 150.000, and the new players would have to pay 10 times more.

would be unfair

I didn't mean for it to sound like the price increasing over time. The smaller players would have a lower price then the larger players. And larger armies may be more expensive to build in my example then the smaller armies. Because yeah, organizing and funding a take over of a country would be more expensive then organizing and funding a much smaller group to just make a minor skirmish with the other country's scout patrol.

What I'm meaning by that, is something like an if-then statement. Such as If you have a large army you would then have large costs to continue expanding that army. But if you have a large economic production or army size, you could then also run into the large costs for training your troops.

Space2050
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:53 am

well i think the actual point of discussion is what to do to make normal soldiers be at least as useful (albeit for different situations) as supers.

For the sake of the argument imagine soldier training would be 0. And your best weapon costs 1,2 mil (level 15 weps cost more than that Wink).

Training 1 Super:
100,000+150,000+1,200,000=1,450,000
Training 1 Super INSTANTLY:
100,000+1,500,000+1,200,000=2,800,000

Training 2 Normals:
200,000+0+2,400,000=2,600,000
Right now normals die 4 times faster than supers. (actually it's only 2 times faster but since you also need to have double the amount of soldiers, it means you lose 4 times as many normals as you would lose supers)

So as we see, normals are inferior in every possible aspect.
My suggestion is to drop death rate to Super soldier rate (so armies made of normal soldiers will die only 2 times faster instead of 4)
Additionally training goes really down to 1k, meaning for 10k you can instant train them any moment.

This will give them the option of being a viable alternative if you're massing and need a few extra soldiers to finishing the job, death rates are still higher but not as much as to be something that's not worth considering.
Also you can untrain the units anytime at a cost
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down