Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer/Commander Benefits

+7
mental
Kingofshinobis1
Admin
kingkongfan1
Nomad
Kenzu
Mystake
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Officer/Commander Benefits - Page 2 Empty Re: Officer/Commander Benefits

Post by Mystake Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:59 pm

OR,

it could go on a downward spiral which it already has been going on.

Kenzu you're the only one who claims the game isn't dying. Everyone else knows it is...

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:27 pm

Mystake wrote:OR,
it could go on a downward spiral which it already has been going on.
Kenzu you're the only one who claims the game isn't dying. Everyone else knows it is...

what is your point? everything dies sooner or later...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Mystake wrote:PTR is easily one of the LEAST popular features of this game.

This game is pretty much the only one out there with it, and I've already proven that it's fatally flawed.

It's just another arrow to the heart of this game.

Then again Aderan Wars is one of the most developed games out there. Most if not all of the browser games made by independent developers are a joke compared to Aderan Wars.

Yes PTR is unpopular, but it is a necessary evil which makes banning cheaters easier and transparent. And PTR is not the only gem of Aderan Wars. We got other sophisticated systems to spot other illegal and "grey" activity.

We got the awesome Galactic market. Where people place their bids and there is no more need to look for buyers on the forum. Trading has been made so easy. And there are many more things that Aderan Wars has to offer.

So just because other games don't have it, doesn't make it a bad feature.

Administrative Efficiency and Supply turns is yet another jewel allowing players to grow slower naturally without placing ridiculous limits on big players by for example not allowing them to farm or raid players much smaller than them, and also preventing 1 player to mass and sit on the whole alliance.

Administrative Efficiency, Galactic Market, Supply turns, PTR, donation limit, farming and massing system, are only a couple of all the features that make Aderan Wars stick out from the crowd.
I went to check out our "competition" only to realise that the game has barely changed from a couple years ago. Aderan Wars has must have surpassed that game in terms of development by august 2009.

PTR and AE are the only ones you can remotely say are unique. AE isnt really unique as its done in many forms other then what AW uses, but its still used. I know games with the same GM,(which is not a shining star, in many ways it SUCKS when you are FORCED to sell resources to an enemy, and unfairly penalized for selling to a friend or allie at the EXACT SAME price), ST are also not unique to this game. Limited and non existant donations are also in many games. I dont really see how you can even list farming and raiding as almost every game has them.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:20 am

I dont think he has listed farming and raiding as something unique
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:37 am

ok.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:31 pm

thats all u hafta say martin??

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:18 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Mystake wrote:PTR is easily one of the LEAST popular features of this game.

This game is pretty much the only one out there with it, and I've already proven that it's fatally flawed.

It's just another arrow to the heart of this game.

Then again Aderan Wars is one of the most developed games out there. Most if not all of the browser games made by independent developers are a joke compared to Aderan Wars.

Yes PTR is unpopular, but it is a necessary evil which makes banning cheaters easier and transparent. And PTR is not the only gem of Aderan Wars. We got other sophisticated systems to spot other illegal and "grey" activity.

We got the awesome Galactic market. Where people place their bids and there is no more need to look for buyers on the forum. Trading has been made so easy. And there are many more things that Aderan Wars has to offer.

So just because other games don't have it, doesn't make it a bad feature.

Administrative Efficiency and Supply turns is yet another jewel allowing players to grow slower naturally without placing ridiculous limits on big players by for example not allowing them to farm or raid players much smaller than them, and also preventing 1 player to mass and sit on the whole alliance.

Administrative Efficiency, Galactic Market, Supply turns, PTR, donation limit, farming and massing system, are only a couple of all the features that make Aderan Wars stick out from the crowd.
I went to check out our "competition" only to realise that the game has barely changed from a couple years ago. Aderan Wars has must have surpassed that game in terms of development by august 2009.

Lol Kenzu full of your self are we?

1. AW is not unuiqe hell i can find tons of games having what AW has and had it before you, not same name they use but the idea is 100% the same.
2. PTR is crap it does not catch anyone but limit the team work a alliance can do so please stop fooling your self.
3. You still set redicilouse limits on the bigger players to force them to make sure smaller players can follow.
4. And your last statement must have passed, wow you found one game and wanted to surpass it, yet you still haven't Wink.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:44 pm

Mystake wrote:thats all u hafta say martin??
you really expect me to comment on kenzu's post?

I dont identify myself with it mainly for the reason that everyone knows. I dont boast about stuff.
If something is good I'll have players write it themselves, which means that some features are either genuinely good or that I've managed to persuade them of it, or both.

What point would it make if i would type "this game is awesome because of this and that"?
I think it never does anything but put the game down, that's why I never do it.

Back on topic, I think it was commander benefits so I would suspect we're looking at suggestions about a better payment system?

My thoughts:
I've always found it ridiculous why people want to pay a lot of kuwal even though there are genuine reasons=>
- Less turn income, less getting farmed (since some of the kuwal would have never ended up with you, getting stolen anyway, you might aswell give it away and get something in return)
- UU being hard to come by (though I see plenty supply in GM so that's clearly not the case atm)
- Non-SS way of transfering resources/helping out/repaying debts/half a dozen other reasons

It's clearly a step up from the other system where you pay a % of income flat.
And something that will never be is that you pay individual rates to each officer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:31 am

tBH I created this thread because I just couldn't figure out what the benefit was.

And really, in terms of growth, there is none for the commander.

This thread confirmed it so I'm just gunna continue not having officers.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:09 am

man if u have a very large income and u are at war, ur def will be gone and u will get farmed alot. but if u pay ur officers for *(lets say) an extra 40k uu per day u will have around 12b per day less to lose. but a very large UP total.

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 6311
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:39 am

I'm an eccentric billionaire philanthropist who likes to sponsor those less fortunate then me, And I always welcome new citizens to my realm the more the merrier lol!

Seriously I don't do it to keep my income down lol, I have enough time to sign in and bank before I can be profitably farmed, If I am guilty of anything it is of wanting to encourage others to improve their accounts and stay active Crying or Very sad

And seriously Martin is the coolest name Cool

Mental (Martin)
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatamidoinghere Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:40 am

I'm going to use 260k/uu as a price.

Somewhere around 30% of my income goes to officers, for which I pay 40k more than current market price (300k).
If I were to not have officers and upgrade my def by 30%, that would cost me something like 167b.
By my calcs, I pay out 1.5b more each day than what I get in UU
So in a little more than 3 and a half months (~109 days), upgrading my def will have broke even.
If instead I had put that 167b into farmers (265k each), that's something like 15m inc per turn figuring 50%AE. That's ~78b in income in 109 days
I'm pretty sure that in 3 and a half months, the compounded growth will have outstripped 1.5b a day. I'm too lazy to mess with continuously compounding growth functions right now; it's eleven at night.

Whatamidoinghere
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:33 pm

so i figure tl;dr you meant to say that paying more is cheaper for you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatamidoinghere Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 pm

lol yeah.

I got bored this morning, so I graphed it.
y values are in billions.

Lets say a farmer that costs 265k makes 26.5 a turn. That's 1/10000 return each turn.
y1(x)=167*e^((1/10000)*48x)-1.5x-167
That's the 167b compounded continuously, subtracted the 1.5b loss per day and then offset to zero.
y2(x)=-1.5x
That's if you threw all 167b into techs or something i.e. not into econ and subtracted the 1.5b loss each day.
y3(x)=-167
That's the cost of 30% def boost.

The minimum of y1 is somewhere around -50 at day 130 or so.
Around day 238, I'd have made back every bit of money I had overpayed. Everything after that is just a free bonus.

If you're costs are different, that might change the break even date, but you have to realize that continuously compounded interest grows scary fast. There's a reason it's called exponential growth. Wink
Lets do the same thing for a smaller acc. 50b in def upgrade costs, 100%ae(you're around 10m army size), and still losing 1b each day(!)
y1(x)=50*e^((50/265000)*48x)-x-50
y2(x)=-x
y3(x)=-50
Minimum of the function is -27b around day 87
You recoup every bit of money you lost to overpay around day 158 and you're still always above -50.

Ofc, I estimate there's a 20% chance that my math ic completely off. If that's the case, please feel free to call me an idiot.

Whatamidoinghere
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:05 am

What I am not getting is why you are subtracting 1.5 billion per day. How did you come up with this number and why is it subtracted?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatamidoinghere Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:14 pm

ah, probably should have clarified that.

on my main page,
806max purchasable units per turn, multiplied by (300k-260k) multiplied by 48
That's how much I overpay as compared to market rate

Whatamidoinghere
Mercenary
Mercenary

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content