Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Officer/Commander Benefits

+7
mental
Kingofshinobis1
Admin
kingkongfan1
Nomad
Kenzu
Mystake
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Officer/Commander Benefits Empty Officer/Commander Benefits

Post by Mystake Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:14 pm

If I understand correctly, with the current officer/commander rates going on (ppl are paying 280k+ now), with the GM being 263k:1uu,

commanders are actually 'buying' uu from their officers for more than it would cost to buy from the GM?

and so, the only person who is benefiting is the officer?

also how does commander/officer PTR play out? Is it just 'there'? Again, I wouldn't want to fall into the category of feeding when it clearly, clearly isn't even though the % may say otherwise.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Officer/Commander Benefits Empty Re: Officer/Commander Benefits

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Mystake wrote:If I understand correctly, with the current officer/commander rates going on (ppl are paying 280k+ now), with the GM being 263k:1uu,

commanders are actually 'buying' uu from their officers for more than it would cost to buy from the GM?

and so, the only person who is benefiting is the officer?

also how does commander/officer PTR play out? Is it just 'there'? Again, I wouldn't want to fall into the category of feeding when it clearly, clearly isn't even though the % may say otherwise.

For commander and officer to benefit equally, commander should pay a rate at 75% of UU market price (he should pay 187.500 kuwal per uu at 250.000 uu market price)
But many people pay much more on purpose, because it lowers their income which means they need much less defense and still will not be farmed.

If you pay too little to the officer, then he is feeding you. If you pay too much to the commander, then you are feeding him.
As long as you pay anywhere between 75% and 100% of market price, it will not influence your PTR.

You also have the possibility to send additional payments to officers by sending them a broker and marking it payment to officer, in this case it will be considered, and if you for example paid too little to your officer let's say its at 50%, you can send them some resources and increase it to say 80% if you want. That's what I keep doing. I pay a low rate, and then send bonus uu to my officers. This way they will be farmed less.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:36 pm

i like the idea of sending it to them every now and again so that it doesn't get farmed away during the week.

but uh I think you guys are taking this whole feeding thing a /bit/ too far. Like seriously :\

let people help each other :\

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:55 pm

people can help each other a very large amount, its when 1 helps another with nothing in return for weeks, months, or years that the issue arrises.

I have sent 250 to 500 bill to offices and had the loans repaid without ever so much as a word from admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:41 pm

why does it have to be a loan?

Why can't I help ppl out without needing something in return?

I'm a hardcore player, I'm doing a bit better than those who aren't, so why can't I help them? I've already explained that alliance growth programs were nuked.

Proof? Not a single one exists in the game.

Go to SGW and every other alliance is doing one.

Economic cooperation in this game was nuked.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Mystake wrote:why does it have to be a loan?

I'm a hardcore player, I'm doing a bit better than those who aren't, so why can't I help them? I've already explained that alliance growth programs were nuked.

I could be wrong on this, but I was under the impression that a player could "give away" up to 20% of his/her accts value per day without having any effect on the players ptr at all... if I am wrong then someone please set me straight on this, if I am right then you can freely "give" 20% of your accts value to whomever you choose, & that should solve the issue...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:27 pm

No economic cooperation has not been nuked. I still make loans on a weekly basis.

Completely 1 sided, long term, and repeated "giving" to an account has been limited but not stopped. Thats all that has happened. You can basicly give away 20% of your daily growth per day, and anyone can recieve aboutr 20% of their daily growth in a day,,, why does anyone need more then that to be give to them for free day after day, after day? Thats not cooperation. That takes 2 people working together, not one always giving and one always taking.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:39 pm

You can help them, but if you help them too much, you are harming your account too much.
If you for example keep sending 50% of what you produce away, the suspicion will arise that you don't really play the game for fun, but to feed someone.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:29 pm

if i snd 20% every day, then the one day i send 20% but sell off 1m uu i'm going in the negative PTR

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:04 am

so either stop sending away the stuff for a bit or simply dont sell (i'm assuming you mean sell off as in cash trade)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:05 am

hypocrite.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:50 pm

Well I just sent off 10mil uu from my acc and my PTR dropped 8% >.> Wtf lol. That was a 1/4th of my acc for free

And technically I have to send 25million MORE uu to get my PTR back to 0 Sad

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:27 pm

which means you have invested a lot of resources into your techs and UP.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:47 pm

Kenzu wrote:which means you have invested a lot of resources into your techs and UP.

indeed lol

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:51 am

PTR is easily one of the LEAST popular features of this game.

This game is pretty much the only one out there with it, and I've already proven that it's fatally flawed.

It's just another arrow to the heart of this game.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:42 am

Mystake wrote:PTR is easily one of the LEAST popular features of this game.

This game is pretty much the only one out there with it, and I've already proven that it's fatally flawed.

To you, and in your opinion.

But thats not my opinion, nor is it others opinions.

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:33 am

do you even play the game???

I've already done the math, I've shown why it's fatally flawed. It's not an opinion, it's math.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by mental Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:17 am

I pay 325k per 1, It's only because I'm to lazy to use the GM daily, Just means I lay off a % of my income for uu without having to pull my finger out XD
mental
mental
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 1021
Alliance : TDD
Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2010-12-07

http://trololololololololololo.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:24 am

Well said mental. Have you ever thought some people pay more not only to lower their PR but to also lower their income because they can not be as active as others? If I couldn't log in but two times a day I would pay 500k petr uu if I had too and my officers were happy with it. There is a lot to think about when paying your officers in AW vs the plain and simple "what do I give/receive".

Not only that but if I payed 500k per uu recieved to a 100k player who just started do you think they would be happy with being farmed ALL the time. I wouldn't either. Thus that is why you offer benefits to those who are loyal. I protect all my officers. When they are messed with they must send me a PM and there will be a vote. If the vote says to keep the same pay rate per uu as I am currently given then I ask the officer what he wants me to do if the rate does not change? Depending on the answer I will PM the farmer/raider or mass the said attackers defense (yes I DO THIS AND I DON'T CARE!!!) If the vote is to change the pay rate then there will be a discussion between me and my current officer who is having problems as to what an acceptable rate is. This all seems very complicated but in actuality it is quite a simple plan. Respect everyone and you will be treated with the same.

The above has nothing to really do with the topic but just a suggestion to those who find keeping officers hard. Figured I might as well put it in there since we were talking about officers and stuff Razz sorry guys i'm drunk lol 🍺 🍺 🍺

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:32 am

Mystake wrote:do you even play the game???

I've already done the math, I've shown why it's fatally flawed. It's not an opinion, it's math.

Yes.

And your math has proven nothing except you do not like a system that is put in place that Limits "giving" and stops open ended feeding done over long periods of time. You complain about things like raiding through a 200 mill def, yet are given 3 or 4 alterative ways to get the same thing done and reject them. you insist on 1 set path, what you think is the correct way, and refuse to address all the faults in your own ideas.

Is the system faulty? yes it has issues. Does every other game out there have issues, Yes they do.

There are literally hundreds of games without AE and with unlimited "giving". AW is the only 1 who does have it that I know of. Instead of trying to make this game like the other "hundreds" of games, let it live with its unique feature. Suggesting changes or tweaks is fine but calling for its removeal constantly is getting old. Its there for a reason, and there are people who like it, see its pourpose, and understand the need for it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:06 pm

Nomad wrote:
Mystake wrote:do you even play the game???

Yes.

And your math has proven nothing except you do not like a system that is put in place that Limits "giving" and stops open ended feeding done over long periods of time. You complain about things like raiding through a 200 mill def, yet are given 3 or 4 alterative ways to get the same thing done and reject them. you insist on 1 set path, what you think is the correct way, and refuse to address all the faults in your own ideas.

Is the system faulty? yes it has issues. Does every other game out there have issues, Yes they do.

There are literally hundreds of games without AE and with unlimited "giving". AW is the only 1 who does have it that I know of. Instead of trying to make this game like the other "hundreds" of games, let it live with its unique feature. Suggesting changes or tweaks is fine but calling for its removeal constantly is getting old. Its there for a reason, and there are people who like it, see its pourpose, and understand the need for it.

Well Nomad the problem is that because of it's uniqueness the game is dieing.
It means people don't like the system.

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:17 pm

damgood wrote:the problem is that because of it's uniqueness the game is dieing.

IMO, I would rather see AW die than become a cookiecutter SGW wannabe,,, that would be a fate worse than death... the day this game loses its "uniqueness" & becomes like those other BS games on the net, I will quit playing...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:03 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
damgood wrote:the problem is that because of it's uniqueness the game is dieing.

IMO, I would rather see AW die than become a cookiecutter SGW wannabe,,, that would be a fate worse than death... the day this game loses its "uniqueness" & becomes like those other BS games on the net, I will quit playing...

I never asked for another SGW. Just for something more thrilling,
not the usual "I should bank in aw".

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:18 pm

Well I HAVE 1 BIG PROBLEME THEN.

I have to pay 300k to my officers to keep them.

Basiclly my officers told me they could find better income else where and i had to increase.

Many people in this game not all are not loyal to their commander but after the one paying the most.

I lost 3 officers to a Alliance m8 only because he offered more than me.

The fact is many pay over the GM not to lower income but to get officers i have many times thought of kicking all my officers and stick to the GM. But then what will i do the times where GM is not selling and my bank get full. And i stick to my officers.

And yes not all of the reason i increased my income is because they demanded but also because i want to be a good commander and help my officers earn some KUWAL.

So yeh.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:15 pm

Mystake wrote:PTR is easily one of the LEAST popular features of this game.

Then again Aderan Wars is one of the most developed games out there. Most if not all of the browser games made by independent developers are a joke compared to Aderan Wars.

Yes PTR is unpopular, but it is a necessary evil which makes banning cheaters easier and transparent. And PTR is not the only gem of Aderan Wars. We got other sophisticated systems to spot other illegal and "grey" activity.

We got the awesome Galactic market. Where people place their bids and there is no more need to look for buyers on the forum. Trading has been made so easy. And there are many more things that Aderan Wars has to offer.

So just because other games don't have it, doesn't make it a bad feature.

Administrative Efficiency and Supply turns is yet another jewel allowing players to grow slower naturally without placing ridiculous limits on big players by for example not allowing them to farm or raid players much smaller than them, and also preventing 1 player to mass and sit on the whole alliance.

Administrative Efficiency, Galactic Market, Supply turns, PTR, donation limit, farming and massing system, are only a couple of all the features that make Aderan Wars stick out from the crowd.
I went to check out our "competition" only to realise that the game has barely changed from a couple years ago. Aderan Wars has must have surpassed that game in terms of development by august 2009.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next