Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assassin mission simple and predictable

3 posters

Go down

Assassin mission simple and predictable Empty Assassin mission simple and predictable

Post by Kenzu Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:21 am

I suggest altering assassin mission to make it easy for everyone to understand and making the damage and losses predictable to everyone, even to new players who never played MMORPG before.

--------------------------------------

The only math you need to know to make an efficient hit is this:

Your assassin action * 1.05 > Enemy assassin action
Your assassin action / number of your assassin > Enemy assassin action / number of enemy assassins

---------------------------------------
With the info on the top of the assassin mission page, NO MATH WILL BE REQUIRED AT ALL!

Less math, more fun!

---------------------------------------------

This is what I suggest:

Altering the skill number from the weird numbers (5800, 4400, 3200, 2240) to numbers SAME as weapons at the given tech level. (1400, 1100, 800, 560)
Example, IFV costs roughly 4.5 billion to research and has a power of 800. Assassin training which costs 4.5 billion currently gives 3.200. It will be changed to 800, and everyone will see and understand its the same.

Now the interesting part.

You go to assassinate a players type of units.

Your assassins on one side and enemy assasins on the other side.
If your assassin action is higher than 105% of enemy assassin action, you will deal maximum damage, namely 5% damage.
If your assassin is 100-105%, you will deal (your assassin -100%) damage. Example: 103%-100%=3% damage
If your assassin is less than 100%, then you deal 0 damage on weapons

Let´s say that your assassin action was 104%, this means that you will deal 4% damage.
If your assasin action is 500.000.000, 4% constitute to 20.000.000 (you will kill 20.000.000 troop power)

You will loose 4% assassins

If your assassin action is 850 and technology 150%
enemy assassin action is 850 and technology 120%

You will kill (850x150) / (850*120) = 1.25 units for each 1 unit you lose.

To make sure that the losses are as they should be, the training costs of all units will have to be altered to the same rate. Example: training of any military unit will cost 100.000 kuwal

-------------------------------

Obviously if your technology is 1.5 times higher than enemy, then you can kill 1.5 units for each 1 unit you lose.

If your technology is 0.8 of enemy technology, then you kill only 0.8 units per 1 unit you spend.

------------------------------------

To prevent a small player being massed for a fraction of losses, there will be 2 restrictions, namely 1:2 and 0.5:1
This means that if your technology better by more than 100%, you will deal damage as if your technology is 100% better, killing a maximum of 2 units per unit you lose. If your damage is 100% worse than enemy technology, you will kill only 0.5 units for each 1 unit you lose.

Failed missions always show who attacked. Successful missions show who attacked if on critical realm alert.

Optional:
In assassin missions some attackers and defenders could die in the clash (for example 0.5%)
(assassins are dying)

Optional:
In failed missions (0 damage to enemy weapons) the number of dead attacking spies doubles.

This update will allow even newbies to know how to assassinate, and complicate mathematical calculation will not be necessary anymore. All you need to make sure is that you have 5% more assassin action than the enemy, and not on realm alert.

And to assassinate efficiently, you also make sure you have higher technology than the enemy.

The only math you need to know to make an efficient hit is this:
Your assassin action * 1.05 > Enemy assassin action
Your assassin action / number of your assassin > Enemy assassin action / number of enemy assassins

PS: This can be improved further by having information show you in the assassin mission page following info on the top:

Assassin mission efficiency: 100% (means that your assassin action is over 105% of enemy assassin action)
Expected losses: 2000 assassins
Expected kills: 2500 enemy units

This way NO MATH IS REQUIRED AT ALL!!! => This means AW will gain active players much faster, and you can save your precious time as well!
IF your covert is not high enough, you would obviously not see this info.

Less math, more fun!
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Assassin mission simple and predictable Empty Re: Assassin mission simple and predictable

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

I have to say I skimmed through this and it seemed very confusing.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Assassin mission simple and predictable Empty Re: Assassin mission simple and predictable

Post by Jiro Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi Kenzu,

This yould lower Assassin Action automatically for everyone, also known as "the numbers just get smaller".
For Covert Action this is not a problem. For assassin action, this would make hunting assassins much easier.
Also changing the effect of assassins from a percentage of the target (for example 7.5% of spies) to 5% of your assassin action would mean there is hardly any effect of a small assassination attempt at a huge covert.
Say I have 1M spies with a covert power of 1100, 160% tech and 40% bonus, giving a covert action of 2,2 bilion. I have no assassins and a player who just joined sends his 20 assassins with 360 power, 100% tech.
In the new system I would lose 7200 points of CA = 3,3 spies.
In the old system I would lose 50,000 spies because I was stupid enough to neglect my assassination action, or all my assassins got hunted.
It also makes it easier to zero a smaller account if you are a bigger player. While I am not against zeroing accounts, I am concerned that this update would unbalance things.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down