Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reset Server probably starting on 1st July

+2
Nomad
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Reset Server probably starting on 1st July Empty Reset Server probably starting on 1st July

Post by Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:26 am

I should be able to tell by the 20-23th whether or not it will really start on that day.

General features:
Anything that carries the features of cross server trading will be forbidden:
Lowest punishment will be disabling Reset Account for the duration of the round and temporary suspension of Main Account

Private broker and direct sending will be disabled for the first wave (Public market will remain accessible), will maybe add them later, depending on the situation.

Accounts will be linked on main and reset (i.e. buying SS on main will get you SS on reset and vice versa)
At the start of each wave, a player will be allowed to change his reset server ID (you'll have the first 24 hours to do so) to a randomly assigned one

Last edited by Admin on Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Reset Server probably starting on 1st July Empty Re: Reset Server probably starting on 1st July

Post by Nomad Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:40 am

Will buying a VIP or permanent SS package stay with a reset server account?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Reset Server probably starting on 1st July Empty Re: Reset Server probably starting on 1st July

Post by Admin Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:55 am

yes, that's kinda the point of the vip status
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:18 pm

a few questions, and feel free to split his out to another topic if need be.

OK, if the reset server will be based off main server as in all main server accounts will carry over to reset, and all SS statuses do the same, then is it legal for "Me" to give "You" my reset account to play if I have no intention of playing it? This mainly pertains to accounts with permanent SS.

If you dont have SS upon release, but get a SS pack after release, does it roll over to reset then, roll over upon reset, or never roll over?

what if you buy SS in reset? does it roll over to main?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Nomad wrote:a few questions, and feel free to split his out to another topic if need be.

OK, if the reset server will be based off main server as in all main server accounts will carry over to reset, and all SS statuses do the same, then is it legal for "Me" to give "You" my reset account to play if I have no intention of playing it? This mainly pertains to accounts with permanent SS.

If you dont have SS upon release, but get a SS pack after release, does it roll over to reset then, roll over upon reset, or never roll over?

what if you buy SS in reset? does it roll over to main?

Accounts will be linked on main and reset (i.e. buying SS on main will get you SS on reset and vice versa)
At the start of each wave, a player will be allowed to change his reset server ID (you'll have the first 24 hours to do so) to a randomly assigned one

Not sure if this answers 1 of your questions or not.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:57 pm

well if true then yes it answers 1, the SS roll over is immediate.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:48 pm

I am not sure, chances are that allowing donations to work on both servers might cause troubles for me.

Either way no matter on which you would buy, you would get the respective benefits on the other (basically as if you made 2 donations but only paid for one).

However chances are I will disallow receiving anything else other than trading ability on the reset server. And donating directly for resources will be turned off.

And resets will not remove the trading ability, as long as you have days remaining, you'll have it.

As to the giving account, I wont care, however said person would clearly not be allowed to play with a second reset server account that might be linked to their own main account.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:12 am

Admin wrote:I am not sure, chances are that allowing donations to work on both servers might cause troubles for me.

Either way no matter on which you would buy, you would get the respective benefits on the other (basically as if you made 2 donations but only paid for one).

However chances are I will disallow receiving anything else other than trading ability on the reset server. And donating directly for resources will be turned off.

And resets will not remove the trading ability, as long as you have days remaining, you'll have it.

As to the giving account, I wont care, however said person would clearly not be allowed to play with a second reset server account that might be linked to their own main account.

All sounds good to me. Thanks for the answers.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:49 am

ok, i'm giving it an 80% chance that it will start on july first.

what length do people want it to have.

3 months, 4 months, 5 months, 6 months?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:07 pm

3 months should be plenty. I played a few reset rounds on realm battles ranging from 1 month to 3 months and the 1 month kept the most activity. This game has more active users so 3 months should be plenty.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:16 am

3 or 4 months should be plenty and it would also add to the suspense if the exact end of each round was unknown.

Having played round based games I know that enought time is required to build a decent account but if the round is to long then there is also a loss of interest.

A random end of round would also encourage comertitiveness as players strive for the bragging rights such as highest power, most war experience, most kuwal stolen, most kills etc.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:05 am

3 months = 4 waves per year I think that best.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:06 pm

ok, will allow access to the reset server somewhere around tomorrow, people will be able to try different stuff, see what I did with it.

I'll leave it running until the 5th. If there's generally negative feedback, i'll simply copy paste a version of main and use that as reset server, otherwise i'll do a clean reset that day and leave it running for 3 months.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:19 am

Hmm. Sounds good. I think the new updates will be welcome Smile

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:42 am

there will be an option to vacate yes?

your looking at having a boat load of built account abandoned and that means a hell of alot of resources out in the open.

I would have assumed a 0 start, but I guess you need some testing done

I hope the real start on 5th or so is a true 0 start.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:11 am

So, what's the status? How do we register/login to the reset server?

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:49 am

Miglow wrote:So, what's the status? How do we register/login to the reset server?

your account will be autocopied and I'm sure the log in info will be the same, he just has to post the login page.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:46 pm

registration won't be needed, ever.
There's only going to be one registration page, on the main server.

Once you register on main and activate the account then an account will be created on reset too, however considering you wont login, it will be on vacation mode until you actually do login for the first time.

With that I can ensure there's always one main and one reset server account linked to each other.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:59 pm

why the need for the link tho? if 2 different people can play the accounts?

Just asking the signifigance of the link mainly.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:13 am

trading ability, you buy on one, get on the other

and allows me to know which account to punish in case I see them screwing the game rules, i.e. cross server feeding etc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:38 am

ok? but you said you didnt mind people giving away their reset account if you dont play it, now your saying you may punish the main account for reset actions.

I did plainly ask, your response left a hell of a lot out.

Guess I'll just vacate reset if I cant play instead of giving/loaning my account to someone since it has permanant SS.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:54 am

Nomad wrote:ok? but you said you didnt mind people giving away their reset account if you dont play it, now your saying you may punish the main account for reset actions.
only if the main account benefited
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down