Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMI against World Republic

+17
Kingofshinobis1
fivel
stars
navblue
doxakk
vaga
Truestrike
Paladius
Gamniac
Smog
Special Agent 47
Beldar
curumo
mental
kingkongfan1
seaborgium
Keinutnai
21 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

TMI against World Republic - Page 11 Empty Re: TMI against World Republic

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Keinutnai wrote:I would like to congratulate all participants of this war. Well done everyone! It was a lot of fun. Very Happy

I'm glad we could amuse you, & I'm glad you had fun. but to be perfectly honest for me this was "fun" for all of 3 days. after which it got overly boring, annoying, & monotonous. It showed me many flaws & issues in this game that imo make wars useless in AW. I see no point in building a large, powerful, tech superior, acct/alliance when your enemy can just turtle & hide behind game mechanics to the point where a war is brought to a stand still.

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Keinutnai wrote:I would like to congratulate all participants of this war. Well done everyone! It was a lot of fun. Very Happy

Since the war is over, I calculated all losses and kills of World Republic from April 1 (4 hours after breakout of war) until today (17 June).

UU price = 375.000 kuwal
Taking into account all soldiers, mercs, spies, assassins, workers and miners killed and lost and all weapons destroyed and lost. Farming and raiding is ignored.

Unit losses and weapon losses:

Thank you for your thoughts and I am glad that we were able to provide you with some fun. However like Kingkongfan1 I also found that the war was totally boring when faces with an opponent that did virtually nothing. I Know that you did participate and were the most active from WR and also a few of your members made the occasional foray.

there are a couple of points I will make however.

I see you left out Farming and Raiding - interesting thought process here as they were from my perspective very relevant and provided me with many cheap resources. It was mildly amusing to take them from WR merely to send them back again.

You are I see still obsessed with converting everything to Kuwal and using the resulting answer as a measure of who has done the best. Let me remind you yet again the there are many who find this to be of little interest and has no meaning in the long run. War is costly and the important factor is only if you are willing to pay the cost to obtain the outcome you are after. From a TMI point of view there are a few that had not reached or even come close to that point.

Ultimately the only winner here is boredom and the biggest looser is in fact AW.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:30 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:

I'm glad we could amuse you, & I'm glad you had fun. but to be perfectly honest for me this was "fun" for all of 3 days. after which it got overly boring, annoying, & monotonous. It showed me many flaws & issues in this game that imo make wars useless in AW. I see no point in building a large, powerful, tech superior, acct/alliance when your enemy can just turtle & hide behind game mechanics to the point where a war is brought to a stand still.
But you would probably also not want a type of game where you can destroy everything, not allowing people to grow while at war, because then people would pack up and leave. Game mechanics which allow annihilation that is too devastating for a player will force them to leave. Then again if there is too little one can destroy, it would be boring. Obviously there has to be a good balance. I feel the balance is just right, even though you disagree.

Manleva wrote:

Since the war is over, I calculated all losses and kills of World Republic from April 1 (4 hours after breakout of war) until today (17 June).

UU price = 375.000 kuwal
Taking into account all soldiers, mercs, spies, assassins, workers and miners killed and lost and all weapons destroyed and lost. Farming and raiding is ignored.

Unit losses and weapon losses:

Thank you for your thoughts and I am glad that we were able to provide you with some fun. However like Kingkongfan1 I also found that the war was totally boring when faces with an opponent that did virtually nothing. I Know that you did participate and were the most active from WR and also a few of your members made the occasional foray.

there are a couple of points I will make however.

I see you left out Farming and Raiding - interesting thought process here as they were from my perspective very relevant and provided me with many cheap resources. It was mildly amusing to take them from WR merely to send them back again.

You are I see still obsessed with converting everything to Kuwal and using the resulting answer as a measure of who has done the best. Let me remind you yet again the there are many who find this to be of little interest and has no meaning in the long run. War is costly and the important factor is only if you are willing to pay the cost to obtain the outcome you are after. From a TMI point of view there are a few that had not reached or even come close to that point.

Ultimately the only winner here is boredom and the biggest looser is in fact AW.

They are extremely relevant, however they dont say if the resources came from the enemy alliance or from inactives. For example most raiding will obviously come from inactives, while in farming it can come again mostly from inactives for some players, and mostly from actives from other players depending on playing style.

WR for example raided over 100,000,000 UU. Obviously TMI lost much less than that. That's why it would be wrong to use these numbers in the kill and loss statistics.

I am not "obsessed" with converting to kuwal, but I like to know how much was destroyed. Obviously the number of units + weapon value is less accurate and harder to imagine than a single kuwal value.
And while I know some people are not interested in the numbers, others are interested. If you don't care about the numbers, don't look at them. Obviously if you don't care about losses, or if you have better economic output, then it doesn't matter that you lost more than your enemy. And I am not arguing against that. All I say is these are the numbers, if you are interested, go over them.

I do think the war lasted too long. The first month would have been long enough. The intensity of the war was much lower after one month. Then again you experience the real intensity only if you are fighting in a team and also if you are among the ones who are massed, and especially if you are massed multiple times. Some TMI haven't been massed a single time. And many TMI attacked on their own, not in a team. Obviously for these people it will be much less intense than for someone who gets massed and fights as a member of a strike team.

But what do you suggest to make the game more fun? Finding out what to do to make it more fun is not that easy. But I do think that currently assaulting is unfair for the attacker and the other missions are unfair for the defender. If they were adjusted and were purely based on technology (better technology = better kill:death ratio, with a cap on maximum efficiency), then I would like wars more! I felt sorry for the people when I killed at ratio 4:1 and felt it's unfair and unjustified. Was I killing well trained spies or babies at sleep?
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm

Keinutnai wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:

(1)But you would probably also not want a type of game where you can destroy everything,(*)
(*) you obviously do not know me very well after the 2+ years I have been playing
(2) not allowing people to grow while at war,(*)
(*) it is my opinion that no player/alliance should be able to "GROW" their acct(s) while at war. if they are able to "GROW" whilst at war then they are not really "fighting", or there are major issues with the game mechanics concerning war in that particular game. in this case Aderan Wars.
(3) because then people would pack up and leave.(*)
(*) What about those of us who have spent the last several years building superior accts, only to find them totally useless, & are ready to leave AW because of it?
Game mechanics which allow annihilation that is too devastating for a player will force them to leave.
(4)Then again if there is too little one can destroy, it would be boring.(*)
(*) such is the case with me & several others (boredom). As we cannot "unbuild" our accts,how do you suggest we correct this problem? Obviously there has to be a good balance. I feel the balance is just right, even though you disagree.

so wait, I think that you just agreed with me but I would like you to pick one of the following to help me understand what you are saying, if you will.

A) I agree with KingKongfan1 in there is no point in building a large, powerful, tech superior, acct/alliance, because an inferior enemy can bring a war to a stand still by playing "turtle" & hiding behind game mechanics...

B) I totally disagree with option (A) & do indeed believe there is great merit to building a large, powerful, tech superior, acct/alliance even tho an inferior enemy can bring a war to a stand still by playing "turtle" & hiding behind game mechanics...

I would appreciate an answer of (A) or (B) so I can be 100% clear on your thoughts in this matter. & you can feel free to answer the questions I have posted above. or anyone else can add their 2 cents if ya want. I need a reason to stay & play AW, currently I have none, & unfortunately there are way too many that feel the same way.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clicked the wrong button...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by navblue Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:42 pm

I wouldn't bother his answer will be C Very Happy

I've fought in several wars being in both TMI and Muj and I have to say this game is absolutely ridiculous to make the claim that it is a war game. It is far from it. This is a stat collectors game and everything from how wars are fought to farming policies proves that.

There is potential which is what has kept me here playing this long. The many varying attack types being one of the most attractive, but these attacks are not balanced and the admin doesn't seem to care about the game very much anymore.

We apparently lost according to WR who did little more than sit and watch as we destroyed them at will. WR was completely disabled in just a couple days and made use of poor game mechanics not to win the war, but to win kennys (I don't care it's easier to remember and spell. You can call me anything you want.) own personal PR campaign within WR probably to solidify his dictatorship.

BTW I managed to grow by 7m units despite the heavy losses. Thank you for turtling WR.

navblue
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 am

Just out of curiosity, how do these game mechanics work, exactly?
It's been brought up time and again, it favors the weaker party, but what are the numbers behind it? we know that, we can make suggestion for adjustment or at least work out the actual difference it makes, that's my feeling on the matter.

While I agree that it helps keeping the schmucks who happen to have a big account (or big account owners who happen to be schmucks, whichever is least offensive) from massing anyone new, the protection comes from nowhere (are fewer numbers harder to find or something? Then just blow up a city while you're there!) and makes some difference. A little too much, apparently.

Not sure where this is gonna take me.
I can elaborate at some other time.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:42 am

Its not that it favors the weak
Its attack always loses 5% give or take a little
Defender always loses 4% give or take a little

The only thing that has the highest affect on that is Tech.
admin as a formula of (atk/def)^0.5(i think its been a while)

So if you just look at teh % losses
Atk has 1m units = 50k losses
def has 400k 16k losses

which means the defender gets ore XP on the hit. The only way to realllly lower that is to
1. lower the amount your hitting with, which isn't really useful as you have to wait to rebuild
2. raise your tech much much higher so that the power of each unit is much higher then who your hitting.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:59 am

Keinutnai wrote:

They are extremely relevant, however they dont say if the resources came from the enemy alliance or from inactives. For example most raiding will obviously come from inactives, while in farming it can come again mostly from inactives for some players, and mostly from actives from other players depending on playing style.

It is however possible to calculate how much Kuwal and how many UU have been taken by the opponents during the war by going through the logs. The logs do identify the attacker, how much was taken and at what cost. I will admit that this is a very time consuming process and much harder than it should be, this was on of the reasons why I suggested changes to the Alliance attack logs.

WR for example raided over 100,000,000 UU. Obviously TMI lost much less than that. That's why it would be wrong to use these numbers in the kill and loss statistics.

I am not "obsessed" with converting to kuwal, but I like to know how much was destroyed. Obviously the number of units + weapon value is less accurate and harder to imagine than a single kuwal value.
And while I know some people are not interested in the numbers, others are interested. If you don't care about the numbers, don't look at them. Obviously if you don't care about losses, or if you have better economic output, then it doesn't matter that you lost more than your enemy. And I am not arguing against that. All I say is these are the numbers, if you are interested, go over them.

I do think the war lasted too long. The first month would have been long enough. The intensity of the war was much lower after one month. Then again you experience the real intensity only if you are fighting in a team and also if you are among the ones who are massed, and especially if you are massed multiple times. Some TMI haven't been massed a single time. And many TMI attacked on their own, not in a team. Obviously for these people it will be much less intense than for someone who gets massed and fights as a member of a strike team.

Well to be honest I would happily have seen the war continue for another six months however it is all a matter of perspective. If you want an intense war then obviously a shorter period is preferable however it is possible to take a slower pace.

But what do you suggest to make the game more fun? Finding out what to do to make it more fun is not that easy. But I do think that currently assaulting is unfair for the attacker and the other missions are unfair for the defender. If they were adjusted and were purely based on technology (better technology = better kill:death ratio, with a cap on maximum efficiency), then I would like wars more! I felt sorry for the people when I killed at ratio 4:1 and felt it's unfair and unjustified. Was I killing well trained spies or babies at sleep?

There are some major issues that this war has highlighted. There is far to much maths required to be able to make calculated decisions. We have briefly discussed this and you have pointed out just how much maths is required. From my perspective if I look at my Strike action I can see that it is made up of all of the components in your explanation therefore it become rather obvious to me that if my strike is better than your defense I will win the battle.

How would I make the game more fun. Simply put make the losses between attacker and defender more balanced and add in a modifier that guarantees the attacker will gain more WE than the defender. I see no need to adjust the actual losses suffered buy the defender and would also consider the possibility that they could increase with successive attacks so that we could somewhat simulate the fact the a strong defense can become weakened when in retreat and hopeless when routed. This I know would be controversial but abuse can be countered by limiting the amount of action that can be undertaken by individual attackers ie each individual attacker can only use x at in a 24hr period against the same defender. It does sound harsh but realistically you will never be able to annihilate another account because it is impossible to target Farmers and Idles. Also the vast majority of players do not like bullies and don't want to destroy smaller accounts or new players, yes they will fight hard during war but they will always leave options available for those who don't want to participate and they will also take action againts bullying when it is brought to their attention.

Finally I would say encourage more people to come to the forum by providing more options that are not ties solely to the game. Forget about needing sound reasons for war, I've seen more fun had in war for stupid reasons than those that have sound reasons. The game is becoming to serious and really it should be remembered that most are only looking for some to do for relaxation
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:31 pm

Gamniac wrote:Just out of curiosity, how do these game mechanics work, exactly?
It's been brought up time and again, it favors the weaker party, but what are the numbers behind it? we know that, we can make suggestion for adjustment or at least work out the actual difference it makes, that's my feeling on the matter.

While I agree that it helps keeping the schmucks who happen to have a big account (or big account owners who happen to be schmucks, whichever is least offensive) from massing anyone new, the protection comes from nowhere (are fewer numbers harder to find or something? Then just blow up a city while you're there!) and makes some difference. A little too much, apparently.

Not sure where this is gonna take me.
I can elaborate at some other time.

In addition to what sea has stated above, (welcome back sea) there is imo the whole "issue" of why should I go thru the very expensive process of purchasing a more powerful weapons level (MLRS for example) when an inferior player with "weaker" weapons (MA for example) can attack me with fewer forces & cause equal to or greater losses for me as a defender than they suffer as the attacker. I have better training, weapons, techs, PBP's, (better in most every way) & some player that comes nowhere close to being equal to me can just pop up hit me & do more damage to me by virtue of "kuwal cost losses" because of some "game mechanic" I'll ask again, what is the point of spending the time (2+ years now), & the real cash (mostly keeping my SS current) to build a more superior acct than most playing currently only to have a war brought to a stand still by my inferior opponents "turtling" & hiding behind game mechanics? anyone?

let me explain something, I have been playing for 2+ years now, thru the virtue of hard work my acct is equal to keinutnai's who has been playing for more than 3 years & who has spent real cash in the purchasing of several large accts. (the only real cash I have spent on this game was that which was needed to keep my SS current, & I did buy resources from the game once, around $20 worth). what do I get for all my hard work? Nothing, as all my hard work, & money spent was utterly pointless. what else that needs to be pointed out is that the "game mechanics" don't just protect the smaller, newer, weaker, accts. keinutnai did a mighty fine job of hiding behind them & thoroughly utilized every advantage they provided.

This game is billed as a "Strategy" game, well apparently a buttload of annoying math + Game mechanics that favor the defender = "Strategy".

& my last question/statement of this post. if you don't like, or want to play a war game, why are you here? the last I checked the game was called "Aderan Wars", not "Aderan Wall Street", "Aderan snugglebunnies", or "Aderan sims".
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
In addition to what sea has stated above, (welcome back sea) there is imo the whole "issue" of why should I go thru the very expensive process of purchasing a more powerful weapons level (MLRS for example) when an inferior player with "weaker" weapons (MA for example) can attack me with fewer forces & cause equal to or greater losses for me as a defender than they suffer as the attacker. I have better training, weapons, techs, PBP's, (better in most every way) & some player that comes nowhere close to being equal to me can just pop up hit me & do more damage to me by virtue of "kuwal cost losses" because of some "game mechanic" I'll ask again, what is the point of spending the time (2+ years now), & the real cash (mostly keeping my SS current) to build a more superior acct than most playing currently only to have a war brought to a stand still by my inferior opponents "turtling" & hiding behind game mechanics? anyone?

Not much. Big flipping nothing, really.

let me explain something, I have been playing for 2+ years now, thru the virtue of hard work my acct is equal to keinutnai's who has been playing for more than 3 years & who has spent real cash in the purchasing of several large accts. (the only real cash I have spent on this game was that which was needed to keep my SS current, & I did buy resources from the game once, around $20 worth). what do I get for all my hard work? Nothing, as all my hard work, & money spent was utterly pointless. what else that needs to be pointed out is that the "game mechanics" don't just protect the smaller, newer, weaker, accts. keinutnai did a mighty fine job of hiding behind them & thoroughly utilized every advantage they provided.

In other words, it might have been a good idea if there was some kind of timer or other kind of limit on this game mechanic protection, like it's lost when the realm exceeds 5-10 Million inhabitants.
Admin should be able to work it into the in-game world by stating the Aderan Council (the nutters you buy Protection from) will look out for the smaller fry, but loosen up their guard when a player has proven to be capable of or grown to a level where he or she can stand his or her ground (sort of)
The really small players (i.e. Newbies and Noobs, don't confuse them) could use a little help, at least at first.

{edit} It might also have been added to keep top players from curb-stomping everybody else, but one would soon grow bored of that, right? {/edit}

This game is billed as a "Strategy" game, well apparently a buttload of annoying math + Game mechanics that favor the defender = "Strategy".

I kind of miss the Strategy aspect (no flanking, armies consisting entirely of tanks or long range weaponry? seriously?), but that's to be expected from a casual game (=can be played 15 minutes a day or hours on end).

& my last question/statement of this post. if you don't like, or want to play a war game, why are you here? the last I checked the game was called "Aderan Wars", not "Aderan Wall Street", "Aderan snugglebunnies", or "Aderan sims".

Last edited by Gamniac on Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Something just occurred to me...)
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:16 pm

seaborgium wrote:Its not that it favors the weak
Its attack always loses 5% give or take a little
Defender always loses 4% give or take a little

The only thing that has the highest affect on that is Tech.
admin as a formula of (atk/def)^0.5(i think its been a while)

So if you just look at teh % losses
Atk has 1m units = 50k losses
def has 400k 16k losses
It doesnt work like that.
If you attack with 1 million units and defender defends with 400k, attacker will lose 20k and defender 16k.
Have you never massed that you still dont know it?

which means the defender gets ore XP on the hit. The only way to realllly lower that is to
1. lower the amount your hitting with, which isn't really useful as you have to wait to rebuild
2. raise your tech much much higher so that the power of each unit is much higher then who your hitting.

at equal tech, attacker loses 25% more units, but still gets more war experience, because you get +200 experience per killed defense soldier but only +80 experience per killed attack soldier.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:53 am

I'm pretty sure 1m * 5% = 50k.
how does the attacker only lose 20k?
You do know that the losses aren't based on the defenders numbers....

50k atk units = 4,000,000 exp
16k = 3,200,000 exp

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:13 pm

seaborgium wrote:I'm pretty sure 1m * 5% = 50k.

16k = 3,200,000 exp

thanks for backing up what I have been saying for a while now. I wonder if it is possible that keinutnai has been confused by what I/we have been saying due to him having misunderstood certain information? or maybe there is an unknown bug causing issues with the losses on both sides? idk, just thinking out loud.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:11 am

kong the better question you have to ask yourself is, does it matter to you?

I have given up.
I have had the opportunity to run 1 of the best alliances in the game.
The most organized, the most active.

But in the end the game itself has killed 90% of them.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
seaborgium wrote:I'm pretty sure 1m * 5% = 50k.

16k = 3,200,000 exp

thanks for backing up what I have been saying for a while now. I wonder if it is possible that keinutnai has been confused by what I/we have been saying due to him having misunderstood certain information? or maybe there is an unknown bug causing issues with the losses on both sides? idk, just thinking out loud.
IF I ATTACK WITH 1 MILLION SOLDIERS AGAINST 10.000 DEFENDERS, DO YOU THINK I WILL LOSE 5% AND ENEMY 4% OF EACH ONES FORCES? DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT ATTACKER LOSES 50.000 SOLDIERS AND DEFENDER ONLY 500?

THE GAME DOESNT WORK LIKE THAT

Guys, do you really want to tell me that attacker lose 5% and defender 4% of the units they have? The game doesnt work like that. Why dont you make a test assault mission and see for yourself.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 am

Atacker has 50.000 and defender only 400 losses if attacker uses 1.000.000 soldiers in assault against 10.000? The game doesnt work like that!
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Keinutnai wrote:Atacker has 50.000 and defender only 400 losses if attacker uses 1.000.000 soldiers in assault against 10.000? The game doesnt work like that!

Then how does it work?
Plenty denial, but no info given, no wonder there are misunderstandings.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Spoiler:

you are right, I don't care anymore.

Spoiler:

I have spent the last 2 & a half months making "test assault missions" & the info I have gathered states that the game works exactly like that... do you really think I would go about making random accusations without any evidence to back up what I say? I have posted my findings several times already & have been ignored for the most part, other than you telling me I am wrong. funny thing is, math does not lie. you continue to believe what you want, & I will continue to believe what the math tells me is true...

Spoiler:

well said, my thoughts exactly...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:46 pm

Gamniac wrote:
Keinutnai wrote:Atacker has 50.000 and defender only 400 losses if attacker uses 1.000.000 soldiers in assault against 10.000? The game doesnt work like that!

Then how does it work?
I would also like to know how it works.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:51 am

Paladius wrote:
Gamniac wrote:

Then how does it work?
I would also like to know how it works.
Then you should scroll up and read what i wrote before.

Defender loses 4% of his units and attacker loses 25% more than defender if techs are same. Better techs lower your losses.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:49 am

Keinutnai wrote:
Gamniac wrote:

Then how does it work?

Then you should scroll up and read what i wrote before.

Defender loses 4% of his units and attacker loses 25% more than defender if techs are same. Better techs lower your losses.

Not the straight/full answer I was gunning for here. See my last statement (the one about misunderstandings).

And if that's how it works, why doesn't it say so on roll-over text of Assaults and the like?

Last edited by Gamniac on Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Removing an up-welling)
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:09 pm

So working with Gamniac.
I assulted him once, yes he gave me the go ahead
I had 725,518 trained, I lost 30,957. That is 4.2668% of 725518.
He had 704,820, he lost 33,038. That is 4.6874%.

My superior tech saved me .7332%, it cost him an extra .6874% losses.

Now if this worked like Kenzu said I should have lost 5% of Gamniac units, ~35,241 units.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:27 am

First of, I'd like to confirm that I gave seaborgium the go-ahead for one Assault.

Right, I was granted a touch of insight on how to calculate the respective losses. I don't consider this critical information about the World Republic, and handing out a bit of free information about the game mechanics shouldn't hurt. Maybe after this, people will actually start massing efficiently. Laughing
Let's see here:

defense loses 4% (this is a solid number, at least at equal techs, or that's what I'm told).
4% of 704,820 equals 28,192.8 (that last one is still alive, though inexpertly amputated).
Due to a lower DefTech (220%, not counting Personal Bonus, which DO get counted for calculating losses), actual losses were 30,957 (4.392185239%)
(I'm afraid seaborgium accidentally mixed up the numbers in his post)

Attackers then lose defender's losses*tech difference*1.25.
1.25*4=5, so if seaborgium and I had equal tech level, 4% losses for defense and 5% losses for offense would have been right on the money. Since that's not the case, however...
Seaborgium's losses were 33,038 of 725,518, that's 4.55371969%.

Knowing this formula, it may become possible for me to calculate seaborgium's attack tech (PBP included).
What that number is, I keep to myself (partially because I get the feeling I forgot a comma somewhere, or something)
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:26 am

You don't provide enough information.

How much attack tech does Seaborgium have, how many personal bonus points you have in attack?
How much defense tech does Gamniac have, how many personal bonus points are in defense. (I can check the latter myself).

Show me how much damage has the attacker done, and how much damage has the defender done.

And show me what was everyone armed with (attacker and defender).
It would be good, if you provide a full battle report. Then I can explain it to you.

seaborgium wrote:So working with Gamniac.
I assulted him once, yes he gave me the go ahead
I had 725,518 trained, I lost 30,957. That is 4.2668% of 725518.
He had 704,820, he lost 33,038. That is 4.6874%.

My superior tech saved me .7332%, it cost him an extra .6874% losses.

Now if this worked like Kenzu said I should have lost 5% of Gamniac units, ~35,241 units.

How can you say that you should lose 35,241 units? How did you calculate it?

Did you take into account that in each assault the attacker and defender dont do exact damage, but do somewhere between 90%-100% damage (these values are not exact)? In assaults there can also be lucky hits, where attacker deals only 90% and defender 100%, then the casualties will differ by additional 10%.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamniac Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

A full report, from the defender's point of view:

Seaborgium's army was composed of:
725,518 Soldiers and 0 Mercenaries
113514 Soldiers were armed with MLRS
612000 Soldiers were armed with Main Battle Tank
4 Soldiers came unarmed

Gamniac awaited the invaders with the following:
704,820 Soldiers and 0 Mercenaries
6164 Soldiers were armed with MLRS
698656 Soldiers were armed with Mobile Artillery

Your field scouts report on the status of the enemy: The invaders deal 29,869,202,757 damage on the enemy!
This results in 30,957 casualties amongst the defending troops!

The defending forces return fire and inflict 24,773,640,550 damage on their opponents!
They manage to cause 33,038 casualties in their enemies ranks!

The assaulting armies engaged with normal attacks
The defenders held their ground with a standard defense
Seaborgium's forces Defeated the enemy!

DefTech at 220% + 14.85% through Personal Bonus, making a total of 234.85% Defense (unless I got this wrong again).
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next