Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

+3
Admin
Nomad
Kenzu
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings. Empty Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:03 pm

In addition to improved construction pictures and new buildings that you can already view in the test server (mostly buildings required to research and build an airforce) there will be a new feature: A construction queue.

It will allow players to order the construction of multiple buildings. Once ordered, buildings will construct in the order you have set. At any moment you have the possibility of changing the order or even canceling the construction of a building. The construction queue will even allow you to order build construction of a tech type that you currently do not have, if you have already ordered the construction of a required building that unlocks the new building. This means you could order buildinging construction yard 2 and also construction yard 3 in the same construction queue. Buildings do not build at the same time though. They build one by one, hence the name construction queue.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings. Empty Re: Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Sounds good.

What happens to canceled construction funds? Lost? recovered? partially recovered?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings. Empty Re: Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:55 pm

Admin can answer this question. I am not 100% sure, although I do think it will be fully recovered.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:26 pm

Kenzu wrote:Admin can answer this question. I am not 100% sure, although I do think it will be fully recovered.

Cool. I'll let Admin reply.

I think 100% recoverable is a possible exploit with it being a way to store massive amounts of funds for later use, but we will see what he says before approaching that.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 pm

Nomad wrote:
Kenzu wrote:Admin can answer this question. I am not 100% sure, although I do think it will be fully recovered.

I think 100% recoverable is a possible exploit with it being a way to store massive amounts of funds for later use, but we will see what he says before approaching that.
I have thought about that already, but cancelling the one-time buildings isn't a problem since they only cost 100 mil a piece.

I'll give some timeframe like 1 hour to cancel the "many of one type" buildings
but you will get 100% of it back
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:56 pm

Cool. I'm sure you will find a well balanced solution before release.
pirat
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:58 pm

Nomad wrote:Cool. I'm sure you will find a well balanced solution before release.
pirat
it's getting released on reset shortly, 90% is done
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:17 pm

Nomad wrote:

I dont think it will be a big deal, because what you mention can be only used on buildings which are expensive, and thats only buildings that can be built in big numbers, for example training facilities, but the construction speed for buildings will be increased and if you "saved" your kuwal this way, you would end up building massive numbers of buildings which you don't need, so I don't think this is going to be a big problem.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:47 pm

yes but say you dont build the bank because you dont need to increase your bank size by 100% (you're a big player afterall)

you will not build it, then start building it and you have 24 hours to store any amount of kuwal safely.
then 23 hours later, cancel and restart both. A job like that takes 20 seconds and you have another 1 day of unlimited bank
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:12 pm

yeah, what admin said.

The training facilities and bank are the 2 buildings. I put 20 trill into training facilities, and start a bank so the bank builds first, no training facilities are built. before the bank finishes I end both, get all funds back, and start again.

Isn't con yard 4 like 48 hrs to build?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 am

released on reset
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:32 am

I would also like to see the possibility to cancel building at any time or to be able to prioritize construction now that there will be the ability to order multiple buildings.

I will qualify this by saying that I am not talking about the one off constructions but those that you can purchase multiples of.
e.g. You start constructing 1000 hangers the order 50 munitions factories followed by 1000 training facilities. The facility to pause the construction of the hangers and jump to one of the others would be good.

I am also not considering the possibility of any refund. It would not be necessary if you are re-prioritizing construction because everything queued would still be built. In the case of cancellation it would be a case of buyer beware and you will loose the Kuwal for the quantity that have still to be built. you could call it a cancellation fee for getting out of the construction contract.

Basically looking for some more flexibility while removing the ability to exploit it
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:57 pm

Kenzu wrote:At any moment you have the possibility of changing the order or even canceling the construction of a building.

You can prioritize the construction of any building at ANY time.
You can be 1 turn away from the starport but still move it back to the end of the queue

What you can't do is for example build a Construction Yard 3 and Research 1 and then move construction yard AFTER the research, obviuosly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:32 pm

Kenzu wrote:In addition to improved construction pictures and new buildings that you can already view in the test server (mostly buildings required to research and build an airforce) there will be a new feature: A construction queue.

It will allow players to order the construction of multiple buildings. Once ordered, buildings will construct in the order you have set. At any moment you have the possibility of changing the order or even canceling the construction of a building. The construction queue will even allow you to order build construction of a tech type that you currently do not have, if you have already ordered the construction of a required building that unlocks the new building. This means you could order buildinging construction yard 2 and also construction yard 3 in the same construction queue. Buildings do not build at the same time though. They build one by one, hence the name construction queue.

Might have been advisable to include all pertinent information such as the fact there is a limit of building in the Q, and that the limit can be altered with the expending of gold. Not sure why that was left out but I noticed it this morning.

Increased Construction Queue Gives:
+1 Building in your Construction Queue (3 Total)

*+1 Construction Queue - 100 gold

*Edit*
PSA,,,,you start off with a Q size of 2. The (3 total) is after you purchase an upgrade.

@ A & K,,,,
The starport picture looks like an airport. Since we made all these changes why not change the name there and on command page?

***Edit***
Another PSA
3 Q cost 100 gold
4 Q cost 250 gold
5 Q cost 500 gold
Increased Construction Queue Gives:
+1 Building in your Construction Queue (6 Total)

Your construction queue length is already at the current maximum ( 5 )
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Cos kenzu for some reason decided to draw the "starport" like an airport after manleva suggested it became an airport.

even though I have no clue why
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:30 pm

I would like to start by saying that I am not here to start anything, & some may feel that this post is not relevant to the subject of this thread, but I do. as such I present the following...

I do not know this word "queue" I have never heard this word before, nor have I ever used it. it is not in my dictionary nor can I find it on the web anywhere... thanks to another players help I was able to locate the following...

"Queque"- 1. A line of waiting people or vehicles. 2 A long braid of hair worn hanging down the back of the neck; a pigtail. 3. computer science (a) a sequence of stored data or programs awaiting processing. (b) a data structure from which the first item that can be retrieved is the one stored earliest... I would like to point out that I have never seen/heard/used this word either.

having said the above I am not just going to assume that when all the respondents in this thread say "queue" they actually mean "queque" because I am unfamiliar with both, & it could be feasible that they are in fact two different words with two seperate meanings. I will wait & let kenzu clear this up as he is the origionator of this thread...

I would also like to say the following tho technically "it is spam".

I do not go around complaining about players ability to spell, (or lack thereof) as most of the time I can "usually" figure out what is trying to be said. I get that most people will confuse "loose" with "lose" or "kewel" with "kuwal" or "brake" with "break", those are not hard to figure out. I have decided not to "assume" anything concerning this game any longer, so if I cannot understand what is being discussed then you can expect that I will be asking a "lot" of questions until I fully understand what is going on, & if that means I have to ask the same question 50 times to understand then that is what I will do. I have tried numerous times to make it understood that I (at least) do not have the same "background, schooling, training, etc. in computers that others here do, what others take for granted is unknown to me. so please forgive my ignorance.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:33 am

Nomad wrote:yeah, what admin said.

The training facilities and bank are the 2 buildings. I put 20 trill into training facilities, and start a bank so the bank builds first, no training facilities are built. before the bank finishes I end both, get all funds back, and start again.

But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn. This means that if you are a big player, you might have 20k of them and additional one will cost you 30 million, by using training facilities as a bank, you will spend 144 billion kuwal per day! So it's a horrible option to save your kuwal.

Furthermore in most cases players save up big amounts of kuwal for research. With the new research system in place, the most important cause of saving kuwal has already disappeared.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Spoiler:

@kenzu- Thank you for completely ignoring my post.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Spoiler:
You are forgiven, no worries, though it is quite a basic word (seriously, cartoons or games I watched/played when I was 5-6), no computer knowledge required
queue is a word. queQue isn't, no clue what weird place you found that
http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=queue

second result
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queue

or the wiktionary entry:
3. A line of people, vehicles or other objects, in which one at the front end is dealt with first, the one behind is dealt with next, and so on, and which newcomers join at the opposite end (the back). [from 19th c.]  [quotations ▼]
4. A waiting list or other means of organizing people or objects into a first-come-first-served order.

And you can take it from me as if he'd written that, no one has ever heard of queque
There is a chinese instant messaging program called QQ though, but I don't think that's relevant here

test edit

Last edited by Admin on Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Spoiler:
You are forgiven, no worries, though it is quite a basic word (seriously, cartoons or games I watched/played when I was 5-6), no computer knowledge required
queue is a word. queQue isn't, no clue what weird place you found that
http://www.google.com/search?rls=en&q=queue

second result
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queue

or the wiktionary entry:
3. A line of people, vehicles or other objects, in which one at the front end is dealt with first, the one behind is dealt with next, and so on, and which newcomers join at the opposite end (the back). [from 19th c.]  [quotations ▼]
4. A waiting list or other means of organizing people or objects into a first-come-first-served order.

And you can take it from me as if he'd written that, no one has ever heard of queque
There is a chinese instant messaging program called QQ though, but I don't think that's relevant here

Thank you for this information as it clears up quite a lot of confusion on my part...

As for the part in blue above; the word may be "basic" to you, but I assure you that "Fat Albert" or "Scooby Doo" never used this word. Keep in mind that I am 20+ years older than you, I doubt that the cartoons/games you played/watched at 5-6 years old are the same as what I was watching/playing when I was 5-6...

As far as the other info I posted, it was copy/pasted from a pm that another player sent me, so I got no excuses other than my ignorance of the word.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:As for the part in blue above; the word may be "basic" to you, but I assure you that "Fat Albert" or "Scooby Doo" never used this word. Keep in mind that I am 20+ years older than you, I doubt that the cartoons/games you played/watched at 5-6 years old are the same as what I was watching/playing when I was 5-6...

As far as the other info I posted, it was copy/pasted from a pm that another player sent me, so I got no excuses other than my ignorance of the word.
By cartoons I meant mostly the Hanna Barbera stuff on Cartoon Network starting early mid 90's (dexter's lab, johny bravo, cow and chicken, etc.). You're right that it wouldn't be the same
I know occasionally some words popped up which I wouldn't understand until 5-7 years later (being a kid I obviously never cared enough to look into a dictionary, let alone know how to spell the word I barely even heard correctly in the first place), or maybe it was from a computer game (but then again, couldn't have been some majorly complicated one)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:yeah, what admin said.

But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn. This means that if you are a big player, you might have 20k of them and additional one will cost you 30 million, by using training facilities as a bank, you will spend 144 billion kuwal per day! So it's a horrible option to save your kuwal.

Furthermore in most cases players save up big amounts of kuwal for research. With the new research system in place, the most important cause of saving kuwal has already disappeared.

Please reread the post again because you obviously missed the part where the BANK builds first, and it takes 24 hrs. Then the player cancels both constructions meaning NOTHING was ever built, but over 20 trill kewel was stored successfully for 24 hrs. Then come back and reply again as to if you see this issue or not.

Glad to see you still can not understand simple ideas like changing game rules "(But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn.)", and not telling the player base, and then wondering why they can't see how something like that effects game play, causes such confusion. Lets me know I should not feel crazy. I seem to have missed that memo about increasing production speed to 100,,, not that it had any bearing on this subject.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:45 pm

Kenzu wrote:
But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn.

Since Nomad brought it up; I will say that I was curious as to whether this statement was going to become a reality, or if kenzu was speaking hypothetically? I just do not want to derail the topic at hand.

I also must say that I would never have thought of the scenario that Nomad has put forth, it is an interesting one.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:08 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

Since Nomad brought it up; I will say that I was curious as to whether this statement was going to become a reality, or if kenzu was speaking hypothetically? I just do not want to derail the topic at hand.

I also must say that I would never have thought of the scenario that Nomad has put forth, it is an interesting one.

Admin did say it first, I was just thinking the same thing.

Admin wrote:yes but say you dont build the bank because you dont need to increase your bank size by 100% (you're a big player afterall)

you will not build it, then start building it and you have 24 hours to store any amount of kuwal safely.
then 23 hours later, cancel and restart both. A job like that takes 20 seconds and you have another 1 day of unlimited bank

@ Martin,,,,,
Well you have to admit Kenzu gets what he wants a good % of the time. At any rate every AF unit we have is "air" based. Not space based. Unless you intend to create space weapons later? maybe then you can add another building call space port? FTR I thought the old picture looked like a air port as well.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:45 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Spoiler:

@kenzu- Thank you for completely ignoring my post.

You are welcome.
I didn't reply to your post because:
1) I had nothing to say to it.
2) You didn't ask any specific question.

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

Last edited by Kenzu on Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next