Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PTR

+6
Kenzu
kingkongfan1
seaborgium
Admin
Nomad
Mystake
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

PTR - Page 6 Empty Re: PTR

Post by Mystake Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:00 pm

Nomad wrote:You have countered nothing, danced around nothing, and made not a single good point as of yet.

You have yet to explain why those who WANT a game and a system that does not allow SGW style feeding with no limitations should agree with you.

All your doing is asking for this game to become just like all the other games, where you dont have to build your own account, where a 1 day/week/month old account can take down the oldest and biggest in the game, and where resources are unlimited.

If thats what you want then I'll give you a list of games that follow that. Other wise show a system that limits or stops feeding, keeps resources finite, and make each person build their own accounts for the most part.

Unless you can do that you have done nothing to show anything better then the system we have.

When have I ever asked that? I want no penalty feeding for inner alliance economic growth programs.

I want to be able to, as a bigger player than some in my alliance, be able to help them and give them incentives to play.

"If you raid 250 000 uu, I will give you a bonus 50k"

doesn't sound like feeding to me, sounds like incentives.

So yes, I have danced the dance that's got you spinning.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:50 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Mystake wrote:Kenzu, I have time and time again countered any and every post in here.

I am dancing CIRCLES around you and you're in the middle all dizzy looking like you don't know whats going on.

Not my fault I make good points and I bluntly point out the reality of the game.

@Mystake, all you have proven IMO is that you do not take the time to do a little reading before you charge in & try to stir stuff up, had you taken the time to do a little research you would have found in the section titled "Ingame Development", under "Released Updates" a thread titled "Trade Balance System" in this thread everything that you have tried to bring up has already been brought up & discussed, so you nothing you have brought up is origional, its all been discussed before... for every reason you come up with to get rid of the PTR, there are 2 reasons to keep it, I will say this again, the PTR system is not perfect, it does have its drawbacks, but its better than anything else put forth so far, & as far as I am concerned anyone who doesn't like it can go play any of the numerous other games on the web, there are plenty of games that will cater to what you want... Admin has already stated more than once that PTR is here to stay, so either come up with something useful, or STFU plain & simple...

Hey buddy, I don't go around telling ppl in TM to STFU so please, return that courtesy to me like I believe you would to others in the alliance I have membership in.

Also, there have never been 2 reasons to keep PTR.

I have shown over and over the faults of PTR and have shown that it has NUMEROUS completely unintended side effects that greatly alter the game. It's been asked several times now of the admin to determine whether alliances are supported or not. Clearly, if that had been in whatever thread you're trying to link to, people wouldn'tve had to ask it here so by deduction I've actually helped questions get answered, the ideals behind the gameplay that admin intends for this game have been clarified, brought to light are many of the many restrictions that PTR puts on accounts and I've even shown how PTR is modifiable by players and that it is NOT zero sum as the admin believed, though banning for it is at the discretion of the admin; I've then shown that I can push accounts into ban-zone and then it's been stated that admin has to interfere with the game to correct these unintended side effects, I've shown a strategy that I could use based on the game mechanics (temp banning people. It's an advantage in wartime).

Like, I've shown a LOT actually. This whole thread is proof that PTR is FAULTY.

As for the $$ market, Admin and I can talk about THAT privately. I do agree though that to a CERTAIN EXTENT this game shouldn't be all about building accounts and then selling off the resources but considering how strong of a focus the admin has on this game in that SS is impossible to get without using $$, there's going to need to be some trade forgiveness.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:53 pm

Mystake wrote:

incentives = feeding, help = feeding, unfair trades = feeding, offset co/officer payments = feeding... It has been said in this thread already, anything you do for somebody that does not equate values on the G.M. is considered feeding, or being fed, therefore your PTR will be affected... you skew your PTR too far without correction, you will be warned/banned...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

So let me ask you this Mystake. What if I bought 10 accs and grew to over 150mil in army size? If PTR was not there to stop it then the game would be ruined imo. Too much money spending without limits is bad for any game. Though this is not the point, nor PTRs full purpose, I decided to tell it anyways. I think PTR does its job just fine. If you would take the time to think about what its for and what it helps instead of finding the ONE fault that you keep bluntly putting out there then you might realize that PTR is an excellent idea. It is a breath of fresh air, which is unique to only this game (as far as I know).

As for the SS. There is always a way to get SS without any money whatsoever.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:55 pm

Mystake you will find out quickly that noone cares what alliance people are in.
I honestly don't care that you are in TIE.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Mystake wrote:
Nomad wrote:You have countered nothing, danced around nothing, and made not a single good point as of yet.

You have yet to explain why those who WANT a game and a system that does not allow SGW style feeding with no limitations should agree with you.

All your doing is asking for this game to become just like all the other games, where you dont have to build your own account, where a 1 day/week/month old account can take down the oldest and biggest in the game, and where resources are unlimited.

If thats what you want then I'll give you a list of games that follow that. Other wise show a system that limits or stops feeding, keeps resources finite, and make each person build their own accounts for the most part.

Unless you can do that you have done nothing to show anything better then the system we have.

When have I ever asked that? I want no penalty feeding for inner alliance economic growth programs.

I want to be able to, as a bigger player than some in my alliance, be able to help them and give them incentives to play.

what your asking for can not be given unless you open it up for all to abuse. plain and simple.

Its either "this way" or "that way". Its either allow feeding in all its forms or regulate it. Because if you say "inner alliance feeding is ok" then all feeders simple jump in an alliance and the entire point of PTR is bypassed.

To me it just like AW2. Either you like it, and play it, or you don't. There is many games that allow unregulated feeding, and this is the only one that I know that regulates it. I hope it continues to regulate it because if it doesn't, it just another SGW copy doomed to the same fate.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:29 pm

Mystake wrote:

Change in PTR is not a penalty
Getting banned is a penalty
You get no penalties for feeding as long as you stay within -20% and 20%

Become as big as me, 30 million population
and you can feed 6 million population immediately to your alliance without any penalties. (20% population)
That's not little.

In fact even if you do it, it will still say your PTR is only -15% or -10%, because of the kuwal you invested in your research, especially UP has also a big value.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:So let me ask you this Mystake. What if I bought 10 accs and grew to over 150mil in army size? If PTR was not there to stop it then the game would be ruined imo. Too much money spending without limits is bad for any game. Though this is not the point, nor PTRs full purpose, I decided to tell it anyways. I think PTR does its job just fine. If you would take the time to think about what its for and what it helps instead of finding the ONE fault that you keep bluntly putting out there then you might realize that PTR is an excellent idea. It is a breath of fresh air, which is unique to only this game (as far as I know).

technically, you COULD build 10 accounts to 150m. as long as its not simultaneously.

also how do I get SS without $?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:57 pm

seaborgium wrote:Mystake you will find out quickly that noone cares what alliance people are in.
I honestly don't care that you are in TIE.

I don't expect you to care. But because of which one you're in, I'll be slightly more polite than I would be to others.

Reasonable, no?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Paladius Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 pm

Mystake wrote:
Kingofshinobis1 wrote:So let me ask you this Mystake. What if I bought 10 accs and grew to over 150mil in army size? If PTR was not there to stop it then the game would be ruined imo. Too much money spending without limits is bad for any game. Though this is not the point, nor PTRs full purpose, I decided to tell it anyways. I think PTR does its job just fine. If you would take the time to think about what its for and what it helps instead of finding the ONE fault that you keep bluntly putting out there then you might realize that PTR is an excellent idea. It is a breath of fresh air, which is unique to only this game (as far as I know).

technically, you COULD build 10 accounts to 150m. as long as its not simultaneously.

There are some players who buy SS for other players.
Paladius
Paladius
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : The Death Dealer[id 2797]
Alliance : The Marauder's Imperium(TMI)
Number of posts : 364
Registration date : 2010-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:37 pm

Mystake wrote:

trade ingame resources for SS. Not many left doing it, but if you ask around I'm sure you can find someone willing to help you out.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:17 pm

The easiest way is simply to send a message to people who have SS and ask them if they could get you a SS, or if they got it from someone else, who they got it from.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:29 pm

I would try forums first, before randomly messaging people you do not know. Ask around your alliance as well. Ultimately Kenzu's suggest will work as well, just might get a few unpleasent messages in return.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:44 pm

You can also put it in your MOTD, it can help you find someone with limited success.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:58 pm

sorry im not around, my health's taken another hit. ill get better eventually, lol.

this sinus crap has gone on for over a month now, and then a couple other things have happened.

as for SS for Resources, what if I wanna sell resources for the 5$?
same difference, except instead of admin getting the money, I do.
afaik that too is against the rules, isn't it? because it classifies as feeding
but its not feeding when it makes admins wallet thicker, rite?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:09 pm

Wrong.

Everything is feeding. But for example using cash market to donate to get resources, or pay some other player fair amount of resources so that he gets you a Supporter status is legal feeding.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:47 pm

Mystake wrote:sorry im not around, my health's taken another hit. ill get better eventually, lol.

this sinus crap has gone on for over a month now, and then a couple other things have happened.

as for SS for Resources, what if I wanna sell resources for the 5$?
same difference, except instead of admin getting the money, I do.
afaik that too is against the rules, isn't it? because it classifies as feeding
but its not feeding when it makes admins wallet thicker, rite?

Hope you get to feeling better mate.

And no selling stuff for 5$ is not against the rules. Thats seems to be what you are missing and having difficulty understanding about the entire PTR system. You can basicly give away or recieve 20% of your account growth per day. You can buy or sell for $$. You can feed another account and help friends all you want.

PTR just limits it with a colored blatent reminder on your main page. You have an allowable amount you can give or recieve, and this amount spills over to $$ purchases as well. In other words nothing is "forbidden" just regulated. Thats the point of PTR. to allow you to give and recieve an allowable amount, and also slow/curb/ or stop blatent one sided trading, feeding, and only having an account for sell for $$ and not play.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:56 am

what im saying is buying SS doesn't hit your PTR, but receiving the 5$ does.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:08 am

Mystake wrote:what im saying is buying SS doesn't hit your PTR, but receiving the 5$ does.

you are correct, that is just the way it is, you have to live by it like the rest of us, lol. thats the thing, nobody is exempt from the PTR, it gets everyone...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 am

Mystake wrote:what im saying is buying SS doesn't hit your PTR, but receiving the 5$ does.

yes.

I do not understand the problem.

Giving 1 mill men is the same as selling 1 mill men as far as PTR is concerned. All it see's is 1 mill men left your account, and your account got 0 benifit from it.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:37 pm

ya I was just saying, if u receive SS, you dn't get hit by PTR.

if u receive the 5$, u do. I'm just pointing out the obvious difference in that if admin gets money, no PTR. if you keep the money, you get hit by it.

its very capitalistic, I get that. I'm just saying that admin has everything set up to funnel money to his pokcet and away/out of yours.

p.s. got sick, AGAIN. I dunno wtf is going on with me these days. I wonder if my air humidifier's filter thats got too much crud on it?

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:25 am

Well it cost money to keep running, and Admin clearly limits what he can recieve from you as well. 100$ over 45 days is all you can donate to the game. I think that is very responsibly of him. Alot better them some of the Admin floating around who take the money and run after 6 months to a year.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:36 am

just gunna go ahead and say nomad that I know very, very well how much a game like this actually costs to run.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 am

I think I should remember why, but I can't right now.

either way, is that statement a positive or negative one?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 am

Nomad wrote:I think I should remember why, but I can't right now.

either way, is that statement a positive or negative one?
a rather negative one
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down