Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Balance System

+18
Capt_Blood
Lord Ishurue
Jiro
Special Agent 47
Vesper
A man from Bob
LurantMaximus
Nimras
Steveanaya
Manleva
Kingofshinobis1
damgood
ian
kingkongfan1
Nomad
Kenzu
seaborgium
Admin
22 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Trade Balance System - Page 3 Empty Re: Trade Balance System

Post by Nomad Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that anything outside 150k-180k is illegal.

You said so Admin.

Hence why I asked the question that started this.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:06 am

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:I know I am going to get a warning here but... "logic?" the prices in the market already defy logic. & good bye to any new players being able to purchace extra units. If I & a few others were allowed to we could force the market back to logical prices on different Items... but noooooooo that apparently will be seen as cheating. (Admin can correct me if I am wrong)
the prices in the market are what people offer to buy and sell
considering the for the last week there have been about 500k uu's traded each day, I'd say it's fairly accurate on what people are willing to pay.

besides, I dont get why a new player should be buying units. If your raw up is under 25k you should be selling units, not buying them.

kingkongfan1 wrote:Also you really should check out the news section, as it clearly states the price of a unit will be 150,000 to 180,000 to be legal...
News Page wrote:These are just guidelines, nobody is forced to strictly stay within these boundaries without fearing to be labelled as cheater.
Please explain to me how you came to the conclusion that anything outside 150k-180k is illegal.

I got a dollar that there isn't a player out there that would pass up 120,000 per unit, I wouldn't...
your statement about new players shows the difference in thinking, as I think it is illogical for a new player to be selling units, they should be training them...
Also,

[Quote]The trading on the private market is, as always, almost absolutely unrestricted (And cheaper too).[Quote/]

the above statement is a joke right Wink ... cause before it got screwed up I was getting units for 150,000 & less. & I hate to say it but they are not selling for that now...

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:16 am

the #1 way to grow an account is to sell UU.

I can give you 10 ways to sunday to prove it too.

The reason prices in teh GM have gotten higher is bc there was no private trading for a bit, and then the prices were set to a limit.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:25 am

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote:

You said so Admin.

Hence why I asked the question that started this.
I always thought the news page said that these are guidelines, hence the quote in my post to show said extract from the news page.

seaborgium wrote:The reason prices in teh GM have gotten higher is bc there was no private trading for a bit, and then the prices were set to a limit.
that as well as war being over the prices jumped back to their pre-war levels as well as continuing the trend in increase.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:38 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:I got a dollar that there isn't a player out there that would pass up 120,000 per unit, I wouldn't...
"Buying" units for 120k pretty much equals to the buyer sending 50k-60k Kuwal to the seller for each unit they "buy".
Example A sells 1 mil units for 120 bil kuwal to B
We have 2 transfers here.
1: 1 mil units for 180 bil kuwal from A to B
2: 60 bil kuwal from B to A
The first is clearly a legit and realistic trade, the latter is simple feeding.
That is how the system will work.

kingkongfan1 wrote:your statement about new players shows the difference in thinking, as I think it is illogical for a new player to be selling units, they should be training them...
I think selling 100k units to get from 0 to 6k raw up would be a very smart idea for any new player.
Income from 100k units ~ 336 Mil per day (assuming the idea that a player with 1 mil army size has access to a comp 24/7, which the majority of people doesn't, and will never get farmed, in reality you will maybe have 200 mil per day from these 100k units)
Income from 6k Raw up ~ 1080 Mil per day (100% of which is safe because no one will raid you if you login once per day to sell the units on the GM)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:44 am

seaborgium wrote:the #1 way to grow an account is to sell UU.

I can give you 10 ways to sunday to prove it too.

The reason prices in teh GM have gotten higher is bc there was no private trading for a bit, and then the prices were set to a limit.

show me then; sell your units. then when all you have is unarmed supers tell me exactly how your account is growing... I think that you know me well enough by now to know I think outside the box, if you do not have units you do not grow plain & simple...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:49 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:show me then; sell your units. then when all you have is unarmed supers tell me exactly how your account is growing... I think that you know me well enough by now to know I think outside the box, if you do not have units you do not grow plain & simple...
You dont consider increasing raw up and hence your account production as growth?

what is growth if it's not increasing how much your account produces each turn?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:58 am

lets see...

I had the highest raw up
I have the highest tech value, tbh I think any one of my techs is higher then anyone else
I was the first to get lvl 12 weapons, 5800 covert and assassin

I currently have almost enough kuwal to get highest UP again, and 7200 covert

I see *most* uu that I get...

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:47 am

There are 2 different definitions of growing, and two thought processes going on here.

There is growing your account by techs,levels, and other untouchable stats, and there is growing the overall size of your account.

Both sides have good and bad points, both sides are right as well.

*EDIT*
I need some clarification on this please.

Everyone is welcome to trade now for whatever rates they wish, although if you wish to avoid any unpleasant surprises it is suggested that you check with the private market what rates are currently the most fair ones.
This only includes transfers you make and have made through the broker or direct sending.

The trading on the private market is, as always, almost absolutely unrestricted (And cheaper too).

What is the "private market"?

I have looked 3 times now and can not identify a "private market" anywhere. Clicking the "trade center" nets you 4 options.
Galactic Market
Private Broker
Cash Market
Merc Market

I can only assume from you saying that trading on this "private market" unrestricted that it is in fact the Galactic Market, which is NOT private in any way, shape, or form. If this is the case then I must ask how you equate the rates in the GM to the formula you use to decide your redline status? I mean GM rates are easy to manipulate by a high % at any point in time, so I see it being difficult to use this as a guideline for long term trading. I do hope the update relieves any confusion on this matter when it is finally released tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:47 am

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:show me then; sell your units. then when all you have is unarmed supers tell me exactly how your account is growing... I think that you know me well enough by now to know I think outside the box, if you do not have units you do not grow plain & simple...
You dont consider increasing raw up and hence your account production as growth?

what is growth if it's not increasing how much your account produces each turn?

Where does the money come from to increase U/P? answer- income. Where does income come from? answer- units trained into income units.(farmers, miners, workers)... I do not see selling units in this equation sorry...

seaborgium wrote:lets see...

I had the highest raw up
I have the highest tech value, tbh I think any one of my techs is higher then anyone else
I was the first to get lvl 12 weapons, 5800 covert and assassin

I currently have almost enough kuwal to get highest UP again, and 7200 covert

I see *most* uu that I get...

exactly what good does all those high techs, levels etc. get you when you have a 0 population? 0 units = 0 growth. how large is your account with a 0 total population?... I just don't get it... once again sorry... I judge growth on total population, not having the biggest stats in the game...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:02 am

@ Nomad - Your eyesight must be failing you in your old age as I see 5 options when I look in the trade centre.

I see the four you have mentioned above and the Trade Centre option at the bottom of the page which is currently selling UU for $132K - 60K per unit cheaper than the Galactic Market.

Like Nomad, I also cannot see a "Private Market" and can only assume that this term is being used as a substitute for the Private Broker option for which a player has to have Supporter Status to use.

@Kong - I am not sure why you are using the $150 to $180 K per UU for the Galactic Market as as set range. Admin has stated that the Galactic Market will have no bearing on players Trade Balances so theoretically you can ask for as little or as much kuwal per UU as you want to.

In many ways I am not yet convinced that this Trade Balancing system is going to be beneficial to the game and to me it appears to be being used to stop abuse that could be done in other ways that would target just the abusers.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:34 am

Manleva wrote:@ Nomad - Your eyesight must be failing you in your old age as I see 5 options when I look in the trade centre.

I see the four you have mentioned above and the Trade Centre option at the bottom of the page which is currently selling UU for $132K - 60K per unit cheaper than the Galactic Market.

Like Nomad, I also cannot see a "Private Market" and can only assume that this term is being used as a substitute for the Private Broker option for which a player has to have Supporter Status to use.

@Kong - I am not sure why you are using the $150 to $180 K per UU for the Galactic Market as as set range. Admin has stated that the Galactic Market will have no bearing on players Trade Balances so theoretically you can ask for as little or as much kuwal per UU as you want to.

In many ways I am not yet convinced that this Trade Balancing system is going to be beneficial to the game and to me it appears to be being used to stop abuse that could be done in other ways that would target just the abusers.

As I understand it, yes I can trade/sell to mine enemies for whatever price they will pay. this is not acceptable to me. Yet if I wish to sell/trade with a friend/alliance mate then the 150,000 - 180,000 was given in a news post earlier. That is why I used it.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:39 am

Your right Manleva, you do have a 5th option called "trade center".
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:56 am

kong.... what is my raw UP?
How fast am I recovering?
Does your thought process take into consideration AE?
With out doing the math
a 5m account can make less income then a 4m account. So a 4m account with a higher UP = more income.
Those techs and levels = less men trained into military and more trianed into income units.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:04 pm

Except you have 800k spies, which is much more than the average amount one should have.
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:16 pm

do you see me complaining about income?
At one 1 point I had no income units.
In a few days I will 0 spies/assassins.

My current account setup is not what I used when I was in development stages of my account.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:41 pm

Any update on when this is going to be released?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:14 pm

tomorrow morning

i've finished it today after a rather long winded rework after s major issue popped up when i was almost done the "first time".

people will be able to see how much kuwal they put into their account, amongst some other things after this is out.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:27 pm

i don't want to know how much I put into mine lol

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:14 pm

Glad to hear it Admin. I noticed the updates released on reset, will the quick links be brought over to main?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Nomad wrote:Glad to hear it Admin. I noticed the updates released on reset, will the quick links be brought over to main?
yes, doing them on reset was sort of a pre-test for that Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Nomad wrote:
I need some clarification on this please.

Everyone is welcome to trade now for whatever rates they wish, although if you wish to avoid any unpleasant surprises it is suggested that you check with the private market what rates are currently the most fair ones.
This only includes transfers you make and have made through the broker or direct sending.

The trading on the private market is, as always, almost absolutely unrestricted (And cheaper too).

What is the "private market"?

You never addressed this admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:00 pm

galactic market, the one where you buy and sell offers put up by other players
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:13 pm

I am guessing this is where to post issues

1. the lay out of the quick attack buttons.
2. how does it figure the UU value for officer/Co relations?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:19 pm

1. what about them?
2. it's a very smart script, it digs into people's emotions and memories and from that it extrapolates various things like what's the weather gonna be tomorrow as well as certain prices of things.
Jokes aside, if there's trading, raiding and farming, there's a price tag.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next