Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trade Balance System

+18
Capt_Blood
Lord Ishurue
Jiro
Special Agent 47
Vesper
A man from Bob
LurantMaximus
Nimras
Steveanaya
Manleva
Kingofshinobis1
damgood
ian
kingkongfan1
Nomad
Kenzu
seaborgium
Admin
22 posters

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down

Trade Balance System - Page 12 Empty Re: Trade Balance System

Post by Gamniac Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 pm

Speaking of PTR, anyone else notice those bright green (or red) numbers on the base page have vanished?
Or has it been moved, and I simply haven't found it yet?

If this is the new PTR number, I could do with a little explanation.
Like what it means when "you can send/receive a value of X/X turns", both X's being an identical number.
Gamniac
Gamniac
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 5094
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 260
Location : At the bottom of a crater. I always wanted an underground base!
Registration date : 2012-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:02 pm

Well I can explain that one, I think, but do not believe me, wait for admin.

Your allowed to trade 20% of your account (I think 20% is correct, but it can be switched with any %). That's why what you can send, and what you can receive is the same.

Lets just use 10,000 AT as an example. Your limit is 10,000 AT. If you send me 5,000 AT then your numbers would go to
You can send 5,000 AT
You can receive 15,000 AT

This has been in test for some time now, and that's how it appeared to me.

Again wait for Admin to speak, if he decided to, do not take my opinion as fact.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:03 pm

Steveanaya wrote:Okay so I just noticed we have trade limits with private trading.

What do they mean? Will they force me to stop cash trades? What happened to just not going too far into the red with PTR?
The game will prevent you from setting up an illegal trade (which is a trade where you send/receive more resources than you are allowed to).
The system itself now prevents you from going too far into red (10,000 AT is the amount of grace, which you are allowed to receive on top of your regular limit).

The new system basically prevents players from getting themselves banned for feeding.

"You can send up to 6,889 Turns without receiving anything in return
You can receive up to 69,070 Turns without sending anything in return

Based on your production, you can send/receive a value of 37,224/28,735 Turns
Your transfers equal to 30,335 Turns sent to others in total
Your remaining reserve for receiving extra resources is 10,000 Turns"

So I can only send 3.5m UU to others without receiving anything in return I.e.=a $$ trade? WOW. I sure hope I'm missing something here.

It looks like you have almost reached your sending limit. On the bright side, your account can still receive a lot of resources from other players.

Over time, as your produce resources, you will be able to send more and more. (The capacity will expand).
The game allows you to send away/receive 20% of your production, and that's a lot if you add up your kuwal, UU and AT production you produce each day.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Does it not count my farming and raiding production? That's where most of my kuwal/UU comes from.

And still waiting to hear a response about cash trades.
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:59 am

Steveanaya wrote:Does it not count my farming and raiding production? That's where most of my kuwal/UU comes from.

Neither farming, nor raiding counts, unfortunately. One of the reasons is that it's much easier to collect and add up solely data on production, than collecting and adding up also all the data from all farm and raid missions. This is just one of the reasons, and admin can state the other reasons if necessary.

About cash trades:
Cash trades are allowed, you can still sell a reasonable portion of your account, or even the whole account if you wish. But what isn't allowed (and also not possible) is for one account to transfer all its resources to another account (in most cases). Exceptions would be where one account has lost a lot of resources during wars so that the allowed limit is higher than the resources the player has left.

You are still allowed to be selling about 20% of your production. And the limit is always increasing over time as you produce more and more.

The limit you could transfer before the update is similar to your new limit. Main difference is that your new limit considers also all commander-officer transfers from commander-officer relationships.

It was never the intention of the game to have players become extremely powerful by buying a couple acounts and transferring all the resources on to one account. And the game doesn't allow it now either. Still, moderate sale of resources is allowed, and if you wish to sell your whole account, you can do so, but moving all your resources from your account to another would make your PTR go through the roof, and end up with a permaban. Now it is prevented by the game and it will not even happen in the first place.

This prevents strong players to become too strong. If you wish to sell your whole account, I recommend you contact players who have much smaller accounts. They could buy your account, abandon their old one, and switch to using your account. There are always people looking for a much more powerful account, especially when there is an influx of many new players. All you need to do is let them know that you offer your account. If you post an account offer on the forum, then most potential buyers are never going to see it, because they never come on the forums. Contacting players ingame would be much more fruitful.

It is true that since farming and raiding are not considered, most people will have smaller limits. This could be counteracted by for example increasing the percentage a player can send or receive. But is it even necessary? Are people playing to play the game, or are they only playing to earn money? Because playing with the sole purpose of selling the account is against the rules, and the current limits don't seem to limit players who play properly.

The resulting lower limits also means that during wars high tech players can rely less on the financial support of their less technologically advanced allies, and since they can get less financial support, they will need their lower tech players to fight more to provide same firepower on the opponent.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Nomads explanation is correct

Steveanaya wrote:Does it not count my farming and raiding production? That's where most of my kuwal/UU comes from.

As kenzu explained including other stuff like trading, farming, any other number of things, would make the system needlessly complicated, all of that was very strongly considered in the PTR calculation (i.e. attack turns spent towards farming missions did not count as account value, however for any other missions, the attack turns did count towards account value), however we can all see everyone was terribly confused at how the account value was changing and hard to grasp.

So the system was fixed to be what it was supposed to be all about since the beginning.
You can send or receive up to 20% of your personal production.
Steveanaya wrote:So I can only send 3.5m UU to others without receiving anything in return I.e.=a $$ trade?
Yes
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 pm

Just want to ask,,,,, Raiding is counted isn't it? since increasing your account size increases the % you can send away right? So raiding is counted? Or am I wrong?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:27 pm

Nomad wrote:Just want to ask,,,,, Raiding is counted isn't it? since increasing your account size increases the % you can send away right? So raiding is counted? Or am I wrong?
the old one was based on account size, which is why i explained made the whole thing so much more complicated that barely anyone ever understood even the basics

what counts is account production, not account size. raiding isn't production, it's raiding. income and UP is production
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:55 pm

Ok, got it now.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum