Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alliance fund

+12
Kira
buhcoreTheGreat
Kingofshinobis1
seaborgium
A man from Bob
Admin
Miglow
Lucien Lachance
Nomad
Kenzu
Lord Ishurue
FarleShadow
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Alliance fund Empty Alliance fund

Post by FarleShadow Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:39 am

I had an idea recently.

Basically, an alliance has a 'fund' of kuwal that is accessable by the higher ups in the alliance. This fund can be contributed either by direct donation ("Give my alliance fund: X kuwal" as an option in the banking screen) or by a personally chosen percentage of income ("You have chosen to give 5% of your income (5,000,000) to your alliance fund")

The idea behind it is, I would like to contribute to my alliance, but I shouldn't be forced to do so, so I figure its better a voluntary contribution that I can set rather than a tax that the alliance players have no choice on.

thoughts?

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Alliance fund Empty Re: Alliance fund

Post by Lord Ishurue Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:47 am

FarleShadow wrote:I had an idea recently.

Basically, an alliance has a 'fund' of kuwal that is accessable by the higher ups in the alliance. This fund can be contributed either by direct donation ("Give my alliance fund: X kuwal" as an option in the banking screen) or by a personally chosen percentage of income ("You have chosen to give 5% of your income (5,000,000) to your alliance fund")

The idea behind it is, I would like to contribute to my alliance, but I shouldn't be forced to do so, so I figure its better a voluntary contribution that I can set rather than a tax that the alliance players have no choice on.

thoughts?

like an alliance bank ?

That idea would be helpful would help lower players getting farmed . like in Dune Wars were any player can request to with draw kuwal and it gets approved by the 1IC , 2IC .

The idea of an optional auto turn deposit sounds cool of a small percentage of your income
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:22 am

FarleShadow wrote:I had an idea recently.

thoughts?

Yeah, I wanted this even before this game went online.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:02 am

As long as many of the exploitable issues are covered I'm fine with it.

(1 alliance with 1 man and 10 multies and all the funds going to 1 account, etc, etc, etc)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:01 pm

Nomad wrote:As long as many of the exploitable issues are covered I'm fine with it.

(1 alliance with 1 man and 10 multies and all the funds going to 1 account, etc, etc, etc)

True, but you can do that now anyway, it just takes alittle more time.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:28 am

out of everything dunewars tried to do, id have to say the alliance banking system was probs the best update it had.... so im in

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:38 am

One major risk involved is the chance of one of those higher ups taking advantage.

It is quite possible for someone to take a ton of kuwal and jump ship. Even worse, there was an instance in Eve where the CEO of a guild pretty much raped everything he could from the stockpiles and then completely disbanded the entire guild.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea, just saying people should know the risks of what theya re asking for.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:39 am

isn't that their problem for joining an alliance like that?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by A man from Bob Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:07 pm

I've played a game with a system like this. There was a max ceiling to the alliance tax, and there was a log of all deposits/withdraws that anyone in the alliance can see, so anyone who abused this was made known to the whole community and basically shunned and repeatedly attacked.

A man from Bob
Mercenary
Mercenary

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm

you mean coldwars?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:08 pm

dune had a log file.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

yes but coldwars had an automatic deposit each turn
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:33 pm

I actually like the coldwars alliance banking system. There is only one problem with it though. It can be abused by one person just taking it all at one time because they are a HC member. The way you could stop that would be to make it mandatory that 2 HC members accept the trade before it is taken out.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:58 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:It can be abused by one person just taking it all at one time because they are a HC member. The way you could stop that would be to make it mandatory that 2 HC members accept the trade before it is taken out.

Pretty much every game mechanic can be abused to some degree or another.

But you do have a point, but I figure 2 people to accept a withdrawal is abit time consuming.
How about there is a 20%/etc limit maximum to the amount that player can withdraw, they can withdraw more (Up to 50%/etc), but only with someone else confirming the transaction.

The idea behind this was a convo I had with Ish regarding building up an alliance's lower members, if the larger players contributed a small % of their income (Maybe a million), it could be given to smaller players (Who would see it as big) and allow them to grow faster.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 pm

like i said, if someone puts people on the hc that could do these things then it's your problem if you lose the money
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:13 am

Admin wrote:like i said, if someone puts people on the hc that could do these things then it's your problem if you lose the money

agrees with admin... time and time have we witnessed such foolish choices as to who makes H.C.
but isnt that part of the games complexity and fun?
i know i always enjoy a good chuckle when something like this happens as it shows those involved to be too trusting....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:41 am

will this be implemented or not?
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kira Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:27 pm

the alliance bank shouldn't be available for withdraw to anyone actually.. maybe it should be a requirement in expanding the empire..
funds -> bank -> empire level -> more members/alliances

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:33 pm

It would be available to anyone. Someone asks to make a withdraw and then 2 alliance HC members need to accept it in order for that person to get the resources. This would stop the alliance leader from abusing the system. This along with a turn based tax system of a set % chosen by the alliance leader would add a new element to war Smile

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Kingofshinobis1 wrote:It would be available to anyone. Someone asks to make a withdraw and then 2 alliance HC members need to accept it in order for that person to get the resources. This would stop the alliance leader from abusing the system. This along with a turn based tax system of a set % chosen by the alliance leader would add a new element to war Smile

No, I disagree with the idea of anyone but the player himself deciding on his contribution to the alliance fund, since this was a primary complaint in the other threads suggesting similar ideas.

Edit: Plus, I think any decision that directly effects the player that leaves them with only two extremes (Suck it up/leave the alliance) is lame.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:28 pm

FarleShadow wrote:No, I disagree with the idea of anyone but the player himself deciding on his contribution to the alliance fund, since this was a primary complaint in the other threads suggesting similar ideas.

Edit: Plus, I think any decision that directly effects the player that leaves them with only two extremes (Suck it up/leave the alliance) is lame.
they have a third option, making their own alliance.
It is a personal decision if they wish to be part of such an alliance where they dont have a say in how the kuwal is used.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Admin wrote:
FarleShadow wrote:No, I disagree with the idea of anyone but the player himself deciding on his contribution to the alliance fund, since this was a primary complaint in the other threads suggesting similar ideas.

they have a third option, making their own alliance.
It is a personal decision if they wish to be part of such an alliance where they dont have a say in how the kuwal is used.

The third option is pretty much the same as the second, only specifying what they do afterwards.

You could argue that both systems are acceptable, an alliance set tax AND a variable personal contribution could be implimented together, with the alliance chosing their tax and the player chosing their contribution. Leaving it up to alliances and players to choose whatever system they want.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:36 pm

why are you in an alliance you dont intend to support just like anyone else
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:33 pm

Admin wrote:why are you in an alliance you dont intend to support just like anyone else

If you were to give the ability for an alliance to tax players, you are forcing those players to contribute.
If you were to give the ability to players to automatically contribute, you are allowing them to contribute willingly to their alliance.

It is not a question of a player's intent to support their alliance, since its a largely hypothetical question so far and other people have mentioned the idea of a fixed leader-set tax isn't agreeable.

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:52 pm

with the recent trading restrictions/ need a fair return . maybe it is now time to code an alliance bank into the game , with a turn tax system of a max of 10% turn income or a min of 0% .

since if an alliance wants to make programs for growth etc , help out new players, Buy ATs as an alliance then evenly distribute them , this is the most legit thing to do .

you need at least 4 members to an alliance from 4 different ISPs
1. alliance banks start off at 25bil size , you can manually increase your bank size . so if u want to increase the bank size by 50 bil , u need to spend 5bil of the alliance kuwal to increase it .

2. The maximum size for an alliance bank is 500billion for current game settings.

Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content