Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase amount of turns needed to farm

+4
Sandwalker
Nomad
Kira
Kenzu
8 posters

Go down

How many turns should be used for a farming attack?

Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_lcap13%Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_lcap13%Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_lcap38%Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 3 ]
Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_lcap25%Increase amount of turns needed to farm Vote_rcap 25% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

Increase amount of turns needed to farm Empty Increase amount of turns needed to farm

Post by Kenzu Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Now that we have decrease the repair costs of farming, we can increase the number of turns needed so that we can achieve tiny players to be protected better.

Decreasing repair costs and increasing amount of attack turns needed for farming leads to making people with higher defense more vulnerable and players with little kuwal out (20-40 million kuwal) less vulnerable.

currently it costs 10 AT to attack, that's roughly 9 million kuwal
This means that players with small attack can attack players with 15 million kuwal already to make a profit, and small players have much harder time to grow to research weapons which could give them at least small protection against attackers

Raising the cost to 20 AT would increase the base cost to 18 million kuwal, which means that players would start attacking other players from 20 to 30 million if the defender has tiny defense.

For huge players, it wouldnt be a big difference, since when they attack, they got 100-250 million repair costs so it doesnt make much difference if they pay additional 10 or 20 million kuwal for attack turns

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Increase amount of turns needed to farm Empty Re: Increase amount of turns needed to farm

Post by Kira Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:53 pm

what about increasing the turns depending on the growth of the player?
larger player = more turns required
lol

Kira
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : unknown
Number of posts : 248
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Increase amount of turns needed to farm Empty Re: Increase amount of turns needed to farm

Post by Kenzu Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:57 pm

Kira wrote:what about increasing the turns depending on the growth of the player?
larger player = more turns required
lol

Why would it be good?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:11 pm

limits the bigger players more then smaller ones is what hes after

after going through the attack pages, and after seeing the decreases in repairs and losses for farming, I find it much more profitable to hit smaller live targets then before, and that cause a conundrum for me personally.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:52 pm

Kenzu, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make up your mind. Or not, you know, whatever. Oooooh, shiny pebbles ...

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Sandwalker wrote:Kenzu, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make up your mind. Or not, you know, whatever. Oooooh, shiny pebbles ...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well ontopic, it is easier, cheaper, and more profitable to hit live targets now.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:59 pm

Nomad wrote:
Sandwalker wrote:Kenzu, pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease make up your mind. Or not, you know, whatever. Oooooh, shiny pebbles ...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well ontopic, it is easier, cheaper, and more profitable to hit live targets now.

therefore we have to increase the number of AT needed for 1 farming strike to 20 AT
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:58 pm

we can discuss it, but stating "WE need to" is a bit drastic. Lets let admin decide.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:01 am

I disagree that the amount of AT to attack should be raised to 20 per hit. I already run out of turns every 10 mins when i go on raiding sprees. If a new player ever has 20mil kuwal out they are not active at all and i dont really think inactive players deserve to be protected because it costs more turns to farm them...
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:44 am

Good point, but the topic is about raising the AT to attack for kewal only, no other form of attack will be changed.

or at least from my understanding. If its all attacks then I totally disagree.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:03 am

What about small players with a small strike that want to farm people? If it costs 20 AT, then the target amount becomes 20 M+. This is rarely undefended and the defenses present are rarely attainable for small players. Higher cost would actually benefit large players.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Universe Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:48 am

As it stands, it is my perception that turns generate at a decent rate, but if I'd have to wait until people have 20m out before hitting them, I could hit just 3 people a day (for lack of proper farms *grin*). That does not seem worth it.. then I'd have to raid those few derelict accounts that lay around and trade the UU's raided for Kw.. instead of farming.

I like that 10 AT are about 7m worth of Kw on the market. That makes for quite a few reasonably profitable hits, enables you to go steal 300 turns worth of Kw.. trade back the Kw for AT's and still have 50% profit for UP investment. Works brilliantly.. (if I were a bit faster in banking/trading/spending.. *laughs, shakes fist @ Zanti*)

The way it is seems fine.. but I am a newbie.. and I can only say what I have experienced in my few days here. Wink
Universe
Universe
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

ID : 510
Or the year Clovis officially establishes Frankish Kingdom - Birth of France.
Alliance : Nah.. Smile
Number of posts : 367
Registration date : 2009-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by slambot#4 Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:23 pm

it protects small players, and puts a small dint in large players, but I believe personally that this will affect the players in the mid area the most, the middle class if you will. Where I am right now, there's certain players that hit a "profitable" area when repair costs and AT are accounted for.

Personally, I actually check my strike records and try to avoid striking the same player in a 3-4 day span, and if AT goes up, hitting them won't be nearly as profitable either
slambot#4
slambot#4
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 98
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:56 pm

I also feel that AE already puts a "dint" in the large players
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down