Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits.

5 posters

Go down

Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits. Empty Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits.

Post by Kenzu Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:52 pm

In order to increase more fighting activity, since there are so many accounts not fighting, simply growing, I think we should decrease repair costs. Decreasing repair costs would also lead to more fighting activity, since players with huge strike would profit from lower gains, without repair costs decrease would be impossible for them to hit smaller players, because players with lower strike would hit them sooner (this works as long as repair costs are huge)

I recommend lowering the repair costs for basic strike missions (stealing kuwal and raiding units).
Attackers and Defenders weapons would be lowered by a lower percentage with each hit.
losses might remain the same.

It should be carefully decided by how much repair costs should fall.

Repair costs for invasion, assault and other missions should remain as they are.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits. Empty Re: Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits.

Post by Admin Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:56 pm

large players already have a significant benefit with using better weapons than smaller players.

reducing repair costs will make it even harder for smaller players to keep what little income they produce

When the game started I had people from both sides who tried to complain to me.
Defenders said attacker has too much advantage
Attackers said repair costs are too high
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits. Empty Re: Lower repair costs for farm+raid to increase amount standard hits.

Post by Sandwalker Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 pm

they were both right, as long as they don't taste the other side of the coin. I did, and it was pretty balanced. Not your run of the mill rampant farming.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 pm

I d say its pretty balanced as it is.

In Real life if a nation wants to go to war it ll burn up its national reserves or build up its national debt... the longer its at war for, the more the reserves drop, or the more the debt climbs. Best example is the UK/ British empire in world war 1 - it entered world war 1 as the clear superpower of the world, wth massive national reserves (the most in the world i think?), it came out of world war 1 bankrupt due to the sheer scale of the costs, and the prolonged fighting. World war 2 it entered with virtually no national reserves (compared to what it entered world war 1 with)... and the UK only finished paying off the world war 2 debts about 2 or 3 years ago.....

On AW the same applies - the more accounts you fight (prolonging the war), the more costly it gets. In the RL a nation can't simply decide to go to war on a whim.... same applies to AW Smile
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:34 pm

ian wrote:I d say its pretty balanced as it is.

In Real life if a nation wants to go to war it ll burn up its national reserves or build up its national debt... the longer its at war for, the more the reserves drop, or the more the debt climbs. Best example is the UK/ British empire in world war 1 - it entered world war 1 as the clear superpower of the world, wth massive national reserves (the most in the world i think?), it came out of world war 1 bankrupt due to the sheer scale of the costs, and the prolonged fighting. World war 2 it entered with virtually no national reserves (compared to what it entered world war 1 with)... and the UK only finished paying off the world war 2 debts about 2 or 3 years ago.....

On AW the same applies - the more accounts you fight (prolonging the war), the more costly it gets. In the RL a nation can't simply decide to go to war on a whim.... same applies to AW Smile

I don't know about UK, but i agree.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum