Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No ads for people who donate certain amount of money.

+2
Manleva
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

No ads for people who donate certain amount of money. Empty No ads for people who donate certain amount of money.

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:59 am

I suggest that all players who got VIP status, or donated at least 50$ (or 37.5€) will have all ads turned off and still get the 2% income bonus players get for having ads turned on.

What do you guys think?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

No ads for people who donate certain amount of money. Empty Re: No ads for people who donate certain amount of money.

Post by Manleva Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:34 am

Instead of what?

I don't mind those who Donate being rewarded but currently I think that they get to much of an advantage over those that cannot donate for what ever reason.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

No ads for people who donate certain amount of money. Empty Re: No ads for people who donate certain amount of money.

Post by Kenzu Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:55 am

Manleva wrote:Instead of what?

I don't mind those who Donate being rewarded but currently I think that they get to much of an advantage over those that cannot donate for what ever reason.

Instead of not changing it.

I for example keep my ads turned on, but someone who donated certain amount of kuwal doesnt need to see them, and still will get the same advantage as me.

Assuming that most people want highest income, and don't care much if there are ads or not, they will keep ads turned on, but I think it will be a nice perk that people who donate don't see them. It's nothing that changes your income, if you had them turned on, but you will definitely like it if they are not there. (Unless you like reading some comics from time to time).

I am not saying that they will get more income than you, I just say that at the same income level they get the bonus of not displaying ads.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:57 am

I'm not for or against the idea, but the entire reason they exist is to help the game exist, turn the ads off and they stop helping.

I have VIP but i still click on the ads, 5 to 10 times a week just to show activity and keep people paying to have their ads on here.

Those will SS have massive advantages already, GM should be open to all, not just SS players. Non SS will never compete with no access to the GM and thats a shame.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:20 pm

if GM access is given to those without SS it'll force me to ban more people for feeding (you know, sell uu's for kuwal, get hit for kuwal)

i'm not sure that's a great idea.
one could argue there could be a limit how much you can trade but any amoutn i can think of would be enough to facilitate abuse
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm

you DO know that "Project Wonderful" ads do NOT pay per click but by time.
the advertisers bid for the slots and the highest one gets his ad up while he is the highest and when he gets outbid, the ad gets replaced unit the bid's "allowance" has run out or outbid again. go on projectwonderful.com and read their "FAQ" or whatever Wink

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:33 am

Admin wrote:if GM access is given to those without SS it'll force me to ban more people for feeding (you know, sell uu's for kuwal, get hit for kuwal)

one could argue there could be a limit how much you can trade but any amoutn i can think of would be enough to facilitate abuse

From this statement there are a number of possible conclusions that could be drawn.

1. The Trade Balancing update is not working and SS players are still abusing the system.
2. Your assuming that a lot of players will abuse the system if given the chance so rather than ban those who do abuse the system you would rather keep them limited in their options to keep player numbers up.
3. Those that don't by SS are not important to the game.

I know that others would add to the list just as I am sure some or all of the above conclusions may be totally wrong.

I may have my head in the clouds but I am used to an environment where those that donated did so because they enjoyed the game and were able to help with it's upkeep and without the need for any major rewards. The only benefits that the Donaters received were that the Ad's were turned off, they automatically received some of the voting rewards without having to vote and they had a pretty little image added to their forum account.

As to the Advertising, I don't pay any attention to it because I never see anything of interest so i don't really care if it's there or not.

Just a few thoughts, but I would far rather see some players banned for abuse if in turn we can attract more players by leveling the playing field for all players. I know that when looking for new games many I those that I have played with tried a lot of different games but left most of those where those who paid had to much of an advantage.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:53 am

Manleva wrote:
Admin wrote:if GM access is given to those without SS it'll force me to ban more people for feeding (you know, sell uu's for kuwal, get hit for kuwal)

From this statement there are a number of possible conclusions that could be drawn.

1. The Trade Balancing update is not working and SS players are still abusing the system.
2. Your assuming that a lot of players will abuse the system if given the chance so rather than ban those who do abuse the system you would rather keep them limited in their options to keep player numbers up.
3. Those that don't by SS are not important to the game.

I know that others would add to the list just as I am sure some or all of the above conclusions may be totally wrong.

I may have my head in the clouds but I am used to an environment where those that donated did so because they enjoyed the game and were able to help with it's upkeep and without the need for any major rewards. The only benefits that the Donaters received were that the Ad's were turned off, they automatically received some of the voting rewards without having to vote and they had a pretty little image added to their forum account.

As to the Advertising, I don't pay any attention to it because I never see anything of interest so i don't really care if it's there or not.

Just a few thoughts, but I would far rather see some players banned for abuse if in turn we can attract more players by leveling the playing field for all players. I know that when looking for new games many I those that I have played with tried a lot of different games but left most of those where those who paid had to much of an advantage.

The whole point of galactic market is that only SS people have it. It was made for them.

1 People without SS tend to try to cheat more often than people without SS. It's because people with SS have more to lose.
getting resources and then let "friends" hit you for kuwal is possible also without SS, you can use the market. Sometimes people do it, and always they get banned. Giving everyone access to GM will only increase the risk of something like this happening more frequently.

2 He didn't say that a lot of people will abuse it.

3 Why do you think that?

Aderan Wars is always trying hard to make sure that people who don't donate have a real chance of becomming one of the top players.
Also, you don't need to donate to have SS, there are also other possibilities, for example paying someone resources to donate for you.
And there are people who donate to get resources but dont have SS.

I think we shouldn't distinguish between people without SS and with SS, but instead people who donated and people who didnt.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:35 am

Kenzu wrote:

Aderan Wars is always trying hard to make sure that people who don't donate have a real chance of becomming one of the top players.

And you honestly think someone without SS can or will ever be a top player? Please explain how.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Yes, look at the top 30 players. Some of them have no SS and still they are among the top players:

Ekrin
Gortok
LoneVVolf
Angel
Freethinker94

5/30 people made it to the first page without SS.
I think this is proof enough. Nothing needs to be explained if we see that some people made it.

And again I ask you, why do you care about SS so much? People can get SS without donating any money.

And other way round, people can donate hundreds of dollars without getting SS.

What I am saying is that reaching the first page is not only possible without donating, but also very likely if you use the right strategy and make the right decisions. No matter when you start playing. Of course if you start playing 2 years after the game started, it will take longer for you to get to top players than if you started 1 year ago.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 pm

Kenzu wrote:Yes, look at the top 30 players. Some of them have no SS and still they are among the top players:

Ekrin
Gortok
LoneVVolf
Angel
Freethinker94

5/30 people made it to the first page without SS.
I think this is proof enough. Nothing needs to be explained if we see that some people made it.

And again I ask you, why do you care about SS so much? People can get SS without donating any money.

And other way round, people can donate hundreds of dollars without getting SS.

What I am saying is that reaching the first page is not only possible without donating, but also very likely if you use the right strategy and make the right decisions. No matter when you start playing. Of course if you start playing 2 years after the game started, it will take longer for you to get to top players than if you started 1 year ago.

Considering the ratio of actual "active" accounts versus the ratio of SS account against non SS accounts then its obvious why a few non SS player reach page 1. Let this be a game with 60 or 600 pages of active accounts, instead of a game with 6 pages of active accounts and you will see a major difference.
Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 pm

What will be the difference? How do inactive accounts matter at all?
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Special Agent 47 Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Kenzu wrote:What will be the difference? How do inactive accounts matter at all?

So if there were 2 active accounts, you would be amazed in 1 account without SS made it to page 1?

You don't think that if there were 10K players with SS that the chances for a non SS player to be on page 1 would be the same as with only 2 active players?

Special Agent 47
Special Agent 47
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : http://www.aderanwars.com/stats.php?id=427
Alliance : [ The_Marauders ]
Number of posts : 556
Registration date : 2009-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:28 pm

No.
But that doesnt mean that that number of inactive players matters.
What matters is the number of active players.

Even if there were only 30 active players, then everyone would be on page 1. That's not achievement.

If you got 200 active players, then it doesnt matter if there are 1000 or 10.000 inactives. Inactives will barely influence the chances of a player without SS make it to the top.

But since we got many active players, I consider everyone who is in page 1 to be one of the best.

I am not saying that players without SS have it harder. They do have it harder. But it's not impossible.
Of course with 1000 players with SS, it would be much harder for a non-SS player to be on page 1.

But people shouldn't care about rank 1 or page 1 anyway.
If I am among the best 10%, then I am happy.
If there are 1000 active players, I am happy to be among top 100.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down