Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News page

4 posters

Go down

News page Empty News page

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:37 am

There is a bug that when you log in, they news page always appears, even if you have already seen it.

Its retarded enough if it appears once an update is made.
(It would be a better idea to write a notice on the base page that new updates have been made with a link to the news page)

People hate the news page
and we dont need new players to leave the game because they get fed up with the news page.

And no, they will not turn the news page of, because they will not know there is such option.
And no, they will not read all the updates to find out it is possible.

https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/released-updates-f24/get-rid-of-the-news-page-t765.htm

PS: If you want to keep it that much, turn it off for all users, new registered players have it turned off too and everyone can turn it on in the settings.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

News page Empty Re: News page

Post by Admin Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:48 am

Kenzu wrote:There is a bug that when you log in, they news page always appears, even if you have already seen it.
Funny, where does it say that it's meant to be seen only once?

Kenzu wrote:Its retarded enough if it appears once an update is made.
Yeh no problem, why even bother telling people what has changed and what they should pay attention to now, makes absolutely no sense.
From now on i'll adopt a policy of dont ask, dont tell.

Kenzu wrote:(It would be a better idea to write a notice on the base page that new updates have been made with a link to the news page)
Writing a notice about a notice about an update.
Sure, makes perfect sense.
How about writing a personal message to everyone about a notice on the base page about a notice on the news and updates page about an update?

Kenzu wrote:People hate the news page
then instead of writing this, think of a way that explains them why it's useful.
When people are being stupid, it's a developers job to explain them why they need certain things for their own obvious benefit.

Kenzu wrote:And no, they will not turn the news page of, because they will not know there is such option.
And no, they will not read all the updates to find out it is possible.
Well, this is a text based browser game. If you can't/don't read, how does one expect to play it at all?

So
News page Nooderdmeanswh128518275542656250

This is a reply to all those who complain about me releasing updates and having the guts of disturbing the players by telling them what changed.
News page will only show up once, each time I make an update.
You can set in the options that you will never see it, even if an update is added
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:55 pm

stop the play on words. you know what I mean.

We dont want to see the stupid news page and I dont want newcommers to leave the game because of your news page.

If a new update has been released, send a message to everyone, OR write it in the notices with a link to the Updates page.

News page is making me want to puke.

Everyone can see updates by checking them once in a while on the update page.

We already have decided once that we will not be bothered by the news page. Why letting everyone suffer again?
Turn it off for everyone, those who like it, can reactivate it.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:34 pm

Kenzu wrote:We already have decided once that we will not be bothered by the news page. Why letting everyone suffer again?
Because I'm not going to allow people to be ignorant of changes that are happening and then allow them to suffer because of their own ignorance.
Especially if there's not much effort involved with giving everyone a chance to read it when something new is out without giving myself any troubles.
Besides no one decided anything, there was one person who posted they didn't like it.

Sure, people will go on the updates page every day to see if something new has changed, that's very likely to happen especially with the people who dont even bother to finish reading the message they are sent to find out about the options they have.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by buhcoreTheGreat Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:17 pm

I like that news page much more then the new infobar lol, and its interesting to see the global records so i can't agree with kenzu.
buhcoreTheGreat
buhcoreTheGreat
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID :
What's crackin' ?
Who ya mackin' ?
Whatcha doin' ?
Who ya screwin' ?
Whatcha drinkin ?
Whatcha thinkin' ?

Number of posts : 340
Registration date : 2009-06-20

http://www.bmoworld.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:42 pm

buhcoreTheGreat wrote:I like that news page much more then the new infobar lol
so why dont you move it back to where it was?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:00 pm

I think you have done a wonderful job Admin, and you have bent over backwards coding it so that people can set it like they want, turn things on and off, and hand them tip after tip.

Thanks admin.

*edit*
Admin wrote:For anyone who still doesn't understand/didn't read the news page.
You can decide if you want the infobar to be on the top like it is now, or for it to be on the left side like it used to be.

Scroll down on this page and open the display options page, or click here. There you will find a setting to leave it on top or move it to the left side.

You can also set to never see the news page upon login on that same page, even if new updates come out. But then dont complain about not being told about them.
It's on your own interest to keep it active.

Well said
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:43 pm

Nomad wrote:Well said
jumping through hoops to help the masses, i'm turning into something else slowly but surely
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down