Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Make Daning stronger!

+8
ian
Starryager
Frozen Flame
Smog
Admin
Nomad
Sandwalker
Kenzu
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Should attack bonus points be increased in strength?

Make Daning stronger! Vote_lcap0%Make Daning stronger! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Make Daning stronger! Vote_lcap52%Make Daning stronger! Vote_rcap 52% 
[ 11 ]
Make Daning stronger! Vote_lcap24%Make Daning stronger! Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 5 ]
Make Daning stronger! Vote_lcap10%Make Daning stronger! Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
Make Daning stronger! Vote_lcap14%Make Daning stronger! Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

Make Daning stronger! Empty Make Daning stronger!

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:35 pm

Realised there are not many Daning in this game?

It probably has to do with the fact that 1 attack nonus point increases attack by 1%, whereas 1 defense bonus point brings 1.35%.
Daning have bonuses for attack technologies, however if the attack bonus points give less bonus than others, not many people will join Daning.

I recommend a new update, where the bonuses for attack will be changed to 1.35%. This will make more players join Daning and there will be also more fighting in Aderan Wars. Our game is already too peaceful if you ask me.

It is true that it can make you pissed if your kuwal gets stolen more frequently, and you have to deal with more players like rflash or stars, however this also makes the game more interesting and less dull as there will be more action and more reasons to go to war!

PS: I myself have chosen Miraya and have only 1 point dedicated to attack, simply because 1 attack point is less worth than 1 defense point. Let's make it more fair and make attack points as valuable as defense points.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Make Daning stronger! Empty Re: Make Daning stronger!

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:47 pm

I would advocate a 1->1.15 change, as the general philosophy is correct, defense points should be better than offense ones.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:50 pm

I look at the flip side myself, and agree with what Admin has done. It is a known fact, and a game mechanic that ATTACK forces ALWAYS have the upper hand. They are ALWAYS online during an attack, and can repair the entire time. Making the personal bonus points equal in value make defense a liability and useless like it is in so many other games. Defense Always losses more men in a full scale massing.

Unless you instatute ways for defense to stand as long as there is a live defender, such as weapons that don't break, nor run out of ammo, and can't be sabbed, this will mimic the path of other games that are failing now due to accounts that carry no other stat but strike, need no income because they can take more then they produce. You will see "mercanary" accounts spring to life. Accounts that are funded by other players not tied to them, and used to do one thing, build a massive strikes and lay waste to entire alliances, and then go dormant until the next time they are called on and funded.

It is a plain and simple fact, Defenders should have an advantage. They are on their own home turf. They know the surroundings. They have their ammunitions placed and prepared. Attacking forces are at a disadvantage. They do not know the land and surrounding as well. They have to carry their supplies and ammunitions as they go. They have to advance in the open as the defense stands its ground in guarded positions.

I do however agree/suggest a limit of personal bonus points in a single skill. I think you can get 35/40 or more now, and if I'm right there are more to come. Do we really want accounts with all their bonus points in 1 stat?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Nomad wrote:Unless you institute ways for defense to stand as long as there is a live defender, You will see "mercanary" accounts spring to life.
^THIS^

Nomad wrote:I do however agree/suggest a limit of personal bonus points in a single skill. I think you can get 35/40 or more now, and if I'm right there are more to come. Do we really want accounts with all their bonus points in 1 stat?
Noted, but technically i dont really have problems with people putting everything into one stat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:19 pm

what you say is true, nomad, but the defense has not one, but three advantages against strike. Less supers dead after attacks suffered, less repair points after attack suffered and the 0.35% bonus. After all, these two are based on the same thing: weaponry. so if you are a defender and i am a striker, all there is to do is me to raise my attack and you do the same thing with your defense. as i was telling kenzu earlier, this is not a gardening game, you are supposed to go at war. i know this because i am a daning and i have been farming since i started playing. it's not that i am crying for bonuses, it's just that, imo you aren't right.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Frozen Flame Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:21 pm

rise it to 1,35%..
or give us more ats... or change rates of ats used for attacking Smile

Frozen Flame
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : .:384:.
Alliance : ....::::[ Lantian Chronicles ]::::....
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:51 pm

I agreed with Kenzu, I want the attack to rise to 1.35%

Alot of players have heavily defense and I'm not even able to break their defense that easily.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : Disabled by Galactic Identify remover.
Alliance : United Universe Nation
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-07-24

http://umumum.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:05 pm

Sandwalker wrote:I would advocate a 1->1.15 change, as the general philosophy is correct, defense points should be better than offense ones.

Even if it would be increased to 1.35 like defense, defense would still be better, since attackers have more losses and more repairs even if they win a battle and have roughly same attack as the defenders defense.

Therefore we should increase it to 1.35% and still defender would kill more attackers soldiers.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:09 pm

You're not thinking of the big picture mate. Not everything is about farming. Changing bonuses impacts hostile actions as well.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Sandwalker wrote:You're not thinking of the big picture mate. Not everything is about farming. Changing bonuses impacts hostile actions as well.

Yes, and that's what this game needs. More hostile action.

Last edited by Kenzu on Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

you guys see a half finished proposal and you already are supporting it.
just do what sandwalker said and think about this for a few minutes or even hours, properly.

and yes, more hostile actions, i'm ok with making farming/raiding active accounts more profitable.
Not ok with making massing which is hella cheap right now, even cheaper for the attackers.

sidenote:
Attack bonus discussion? Daning race discussion?
Where's the connection in that
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:24 pm

Daning should have addition 0.35% to the attack bonus. Because it isn't fair that daning have weak attack than defense. Defense is a beast, they kill alot of your units, plus they are good defenders.

It is a must to rise it.

If you look at voting, it should be add sooner or soon.

Most players focus on their defense to prevent loss of their kuwals to emeny players.

So, Make it be so.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Zeroager wrote:If you look at voting, it should be add sooner or soon
considering that votes have hardly been ever relevant on this forum, except when specifically demanded for, which is not the case here
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:39 pm

Okay, Kyora is unfair too, they have 2% bonus in assassians and spies, which is not fair because they give bonus to 2 units.

While Miyra have 1.35% to defenders which is powerful.

And Daning has 1% in attack.

Let's make it fair.

1% to Kyora (Since they supports both units)

1.35% to Miyara

1.30% or 1.35% to Daning

In my opinion, Kyora is too overpowered.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:43 pm

You guys should be grateful admin doesn't base this game on RL... since conventional military doctrine dictates a attacker needs 3 times the firepower/ manpower as the defending force to have a reasonable chance of success.

In RL, i d also point out to you the vast majority of nations (except a handful like the UK/ USA etc....) have their military forces entirely focused on defence, as oppossed to global projection/ expeditionary warfare capabilities. Even nations like China, India and Russia are only really capable of conducting effective military operations in their surrounding region. Those nations which have decent expeditonary warfare capabilities (i.e. able to attack others) pay for it at the expense of their defensive capabilities, or simply have far more resources flowing into their military vs. other nations (i.e. the USA followed by the UK are pretty much the only nations with true global projection capabilities... its not a coincidence therefore that the USA happens to have the largest defence budget in the world, followed by the UK as second largest (depending on the strength of the £££, otherwise occassionally it drops to third largest)).

Bottom line therefore is simple: Most players just like nations in the real world, will have the VAST majority of their military resources focused on defence. Those who want a effective strike/ expeditionary capability - will have to eithier have even more resources flowing into their military, or pay for it at the expense of defence.

Aderan Wars is a pretty well thought out set up as it is... if its not broke, don't fix it.
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Zeroager wrote:Okay, Kyora is unfair too, they have 2% bonus in assassians and spies, which is not fair because they give bonus to 2 units.

While Miyra have 1.35% to defenders which is powerful.

And Daning has 1% in attack.

Let's make it fair.

1% to Kyora (Since they supports both units)

1.35% to Miyara

1.30% or 1.35% to Daning

In my opinion, Kyora is too overpowered.

2% on covert, not assassin.
We got little Kyora players.
Kyora bonus might be decreased (to 1.75 or 1.5), but we need more of Kyora players too.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Starryager Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah 1.5% for Kyora sounds fair and reasonable to me.

Starryager
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:18 pm

You guys are not looking at the big picture, your looking at 1 hit kewal attacks. Look at a full blown massing and then rethink this idea.

Smog wrote:what you say is true, nomad, but the defense has not one, but three advantages against strike. Less supers dead after attacks suffered, less repair points after attack suffered and the 0.35% bonus.
After all, these two are based on the same thing: weaponry. so if you are a defender and i am a striker, all there is to do is me to raise my attack and you do the same thing with your defense. as i was telling kenzu earlier, this is not a gardening game, you are supposed to go at war. i know this because i am a daning and i have been farming since i started playing. it's not that i am crying for bonuses, it's just that, imo you aren't right.

Do you not realise what your saying? Attack is ONLINE 100% of the time during an attack. Attack has the option to repair after every strike to maintain maximun damage. Strike has the option to "pre prepare" by training in advance.

It takes only 15 assaults for defensive weapons to fail, every attack after that means defenders die, while attackers do not. So even with your meger "3 advantages" defense is still at a massive disadvantage and therefore little more then a liability. Every attack on the offense after the defense has failed is at a 30% disadvantage. Every invasion mission is met with No resistance.

I dare say any advantage defense may have, is little more then an illusion, and will not stop a determined foe.

You make attack as strong as defense, you best be willing to lie in the bed your making. You will find yourself on the recieving end of this update soon enough.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:32 pm

so, as nomad pointed out, think of some properly thought out idea how to promote more farming and farming alone, without making massing any cheaper than it already is.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:36 pm

You could tie it to a slow repair speed.

No one says you should be able to repair weapons immediately.

How about 10% get repaired per turn?

Will make the game more fair, either you mass completely or wait for weapons to repair.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:44 pm

Kenzu wrote:You could tie it to a slow repair speed.

No one says you should be able to repair weapons immediately.

How about 10% get repaired per turn?

Will make the game more fair, either you mass completely or wait for weapons to repair.
why make it so complicated? introducing unnecessary rules
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Not ok with making massing which is hella cheap right now, even cheaper for the attackers.
Massing is not cheap considering that the amount of ATs lost + STs lost + weapon repairs + supers lost is about the same as the defenders loss in the end because in most of the cases spies/assasing/miners are not killed as it costs too much.

ian wrote:You guys should be grateful admin doesn't base this game on RL... since conventional military doctrine dictates a attacker needs 3 times the firepower/ manpower as the defending force to have a reasonable chance of success.
This is not RL. If it would be stealing/attacking or any form of assault would not be allowed.

My argument why this bonus should be increased maybe even to 1.5%/point is that anyway now farming in aderan is hard as building a defence high enough to make farming not profitable for attackers is easy.

Last edited by danuboy on Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:29 pm

danuboy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Massing is not cheap considering that the amount of ATs lost + STs lost + weapon repairs + supers lost is about the same as the defenders loss in the end because in most of the cases spies/assasing/miners are not killed as it costs too much.

ok, lets clear up what is cheap:
cheap is when you pay less than 1 kuwal to destroy 1 kuwal worth of stuff in my account
shitcheap is when you pay less than 0.1 kuwal to destroy 1 kuwal worth of stuff in my account
expensive is when you pay more than 1 kuwal to destroy 1 kuwal worth of stuff in my account

In AW it's cheap to mass accounts. In SGW it's shitcheap to mass accounts.

Making it any cheaper means that people who cannot be on 24/7 are screwed because building defenses will be useless as they can get massed for nothing, like in any other game.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by damgood Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:44 pm

Admin wrote:
danuboy wrote:
Admin wrote:
Massing is not cheap considering that the amount of ATs lost + STs lost + weapon repairs + supers lost is about the same as the defenders loss in the end because in most of the cases spies/assasins/miners are not killed as it costs too much.
Making it any cheaper means that people who cannot be on 24/7 are screwed because building defenses will be useless as they can get massed for nothing, like in any other game.

Not really as here we have STs. That's the reson why in most cases assasins/spies/miners are not killed .

damgood
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 49
Alliance : GD
Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-02-04

http://oddee.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:03 pm

danuboy wrote:

Not really as here we have STs. That's the reson why in most cases assasins/spies/miners are not killed .

I don't think ST are the reason that assasins/spies/miners are not hunted and killed. Its because there is no true hatred and hard feelings enough that someone will try to completely crush another,,,,,, not yet.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next