Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hospital

4 posters

Go down

Hospital Empty Hospital

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:16 pm

What more can i say?...

Purpose:
- to heal the injured. Some of the "killed" soldiers and civilians can be recovered at a cost lower than training new ones.

Motivation:
- more realistic game play. I mean, where in the world are only casualties during the wars? In most cases there are lots of injured who will die ONLY if they are not cared in a time frame.

How?
- as a technology.

I'm not insisting with this, but it would be a nice and useful feature.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Hospital Empty Re: Hospital

Post by Admin Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:04 pm

might be worth a shot.
would need a lot more info, so either you can provide something, or i think of it but only once i got time, next week i could get some ideas rolling.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:01 pm

i disagree about it being useful, would just making massing easier and less costly which is not a good thing
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:05 pm

Casshern wrote:i disagree about it being useful, would just making massing easier and less costly which is not a good thing
why? i'm all up for it, but i'm certain nigatsu knows that lets say if in an attack you lose 10 attackers, then after the hospital is working you'd lose 50 attackers in the same attack of which maybe 35-45 you can recover at some cost.

obviously training costs would also go down accordingly
but dunno if it's worth the effort. Cos at the end i'd still make sure that about the same amount of units dies as now.

fyi i think it's actually not needed because if you consider that right now you only lose a few percent of your units in battle then i think it makes sense that all the ones that survive have recoverable injuries. Meaning the amount of units dead in a battle would remain, but there would be some injured units which you have to heal with a certain time limit before you can use them again otherwise they die for good.

Would just make things more complicated imo.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:20 pm

I know what you mean. But i didn't wanted it to work only for the military units, but also for the civilians. My concern was more for the stat builders and those who do not attack anyone, but still get massed for no reason. The way the game is, if they loose everything, you will loose them forever, because i doubt that a stat builder will ever go through the same long process of rebuilding.

I was going to make some nice graphs and post them ... but oh well, if you don't wanna... (you say that you'd make the overall loses remain the same - then let's rather not complicate the things furthermore)

i disagree about it being useful, would just making massing easier and less costly which is not a good thing

This would work both ways, for the attacker and also for the defender... you're just bitching, if you disagree then come with a solid argument.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:14 am

Well me personally, I know another game with this in it, but have little experiance with how it works. From what I can tell tho it helps the "defensive" units far more then the "attacking" units. Afterall the defense units are home based and close to said hospitals. Attackers are often left behind in the retreat and have to travel back home for care. I feel this is more "realistic" anyway.

As for
Cos at the end i'd still make sure that about the same amount of units dies as now.
then basicly the idea is useless. why pay for the technology if it gains you nothing?

I think it is workable, if you wanted to try it and work with it. I personally think the cost should be 2 fold tho
1. a static cost, price for building the hospital and gathering the "doctors"
2. Some "Fee" for said doctors, same as a mercinary. possibly a limit on the amount of doctors based on your total population, like 1%??? IDK. The more doctors you employ the higher your "recovery rate".

You could have a standard "recovery rate" based on the hospital, then create some form of a multiplier to increase that power based on the number of trained doctors (these doctors are subtracting from your income)

this means un needed docs would not be needed, but a fully staffed hospital would save masses of UU at a cost.

and FTR, 35 to 45 out of 50 is far to high, recovery rate should be much, much lower. If your recovery rate is that high then it will make massings pretty much a resource race as you cant drop populations with this system in place.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:14 am

I gave my opinion on a change to the game mechanics and i didn't see the point in waffling on since one line summed up what i wanted to say.

But since you seem some eager for a more detailed approach,
1) while this would help it would make massing 2 easy and just lead to the same gameplay that exists and is ruining other games.
2) Since admin has said that the loses will remain the same, there is very little point in wasting development time and over complicating the gameplay, when the end effect will be the same.
3) With civilian units people have a choice to keep them safe or not. Allowing people to be able to recover some of their loses from hits would just negate the changes that have been made to make the use of that type of attack more likely. If people want to make sure their units safe train farmers.
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down