Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital

+3
seaborgium
Admin
Magnus
7 posters

Go down

Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital Empty Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital

Post by Magnus Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:07 pm

Well I know that as of right now we have a system that destroys all weapons and attackers when you attack and loose something.

How about putting in a Update that would take that area to as such:

If a person strikes with 100 Attackers and 100 Weapons and looses say 32 Attackers and 32 Weapons. Have them be able to rebuild 13 % of Weapons and 13 % of Personal(just a example). The weapons could be rebuilt a bit faster, since they just have to be fixed, but the units should take a bit longer since they have to be healed. This could be done by the same way we have units or weapons that are built. A facility that encompasses that. The timeframe and cost could be different to the respected counterparts.
It would put in the use of your kuwal again in a different perspective and add a neat featured into the game.

Question Question Question Question Question Question
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 43
Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2009-04-22

Back to top Go down

Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital Empty Re: Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital

Post by Admin Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:15 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital Empty Re: Partially Repairable Weapons and Hospital

Post by Magnus Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:02 pm

Sorry did not see the thread. I think the forum is getting overloaded anyways. Very Happy

Anyways to state what Nigatsu said in it being more realistic. In war there never is a group that completely gets killed or weapons that completely get destroyed. So units will take time to heal and be put back into action. The same with weapons that get repaired. It takes time. Everyone knows right now how the system works. Do not get me wrong it is a good and simple system. It would put another strategic point of view back into the game. You can pick between building or healing. The healing and repairing could be cheaper than the building, but take longer.

1. realism
2. use of kuwal
3. smaller players be able to loose less and rebuild faster
4. strategic

Now with it making the massings cheaper, I strongly disagree. Every repair of weapons and unit that gets rebuilt or healed has a cost involved in it. So when you do this it would cost a certain amount of kuwal. Not just investing in the facility, but also having to pay to heal them. The investment in the facility is a 1 time thing just as when you build the facilitys.
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:04 pm

I say no, Who wants to support the VA Laughing

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:07 pm

I think this could be cool, but...

It wouldn't help smaller players as much as it would help older accounts. It would increase power disparity, IMO, unless it was done right.

If I did a hospital, it would be something like this:

Facility, Hospital
Losses are reduced by 1%. (of the total losses) can be upgraded to 2%

Or,

I could think of a system using a new class of "hurt" units, that take a turn to be healed by the hospital each turn. I started putting this down but it got real complicated real quick.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:21 am

Miglow wrote:I think this could be cool, but...

It wouldn't help smaller players as much as it would help older accounts. It would increase power disparity, IMO, unless it was done right.

If I did a hospital, it would be something like this:

Facility, Hospital
Losses are reduced by 1%. (of the total losses) can be upgraded to 2%

Or,

I could think of a system using a new class of "hurt" units, that take a turn to be healed by the hospital each turn. I started putting this down but it got real complicated real quick.

Why would it not help newer Players ?
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:00 am

Not so much "not" help new players, but just help older better built and bigger accounts far, far more.

I mean a month old account may have 50K TOTAL military units, where a yr old account has 500K DEFENSE soilders. Whos going to benifit more from saving 12% of their casualties?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:16 am

well could be tailored with same system as ae
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 am

Nomad wrote:Not so much "not" help new players, but just help older better built and bigger accounts far, far more.

I mean a month old account may have 50K TOTAL military units, where a yr old account has 500K DEFENSE soilders. Whos going to benifit more from saving 12% of their casualties?

Mate a larger player would not hit a smaller player unless he has a lot of kuwal out or is in a war. The smaller players would be able to build more. Plus it would be up to admin to set what gets saved and what not.
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:49 am

On the concept of partially repairable weapons, see the reset forum.

The reset server will have it so some of the weapons lost on the battlefield can be recovered, and that weapons that are destroyed in sab missions can earn kuwal from scrapping. it's not exactly the same, but the concepts have a similar effect.

On the hospital:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea. (I think it's cool) It just should be carefully planned as to not unbalance the game.

What if it used a cost progression like the research?

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Miglow wrote:On the concept of partially repairable weapons, see the reset forum.

The reset server will have it so some of the weapons lost on the battlefield can be recovered, and that weapons that are destroyed in sab missions can earn kuwal from scrapping. it's not exactly the same, but the concepts have a similar effect.

On the hospital:
I'm not saying it's a bad idea. (I think it's cool) It just should be carefully planned as to not unbalance the game.

What if it used a cost progression like the research?

HMM that sounds interesting. Cost progression is a thought I also had. The more hospital space you have the more units can be healed. Since I do not know how the things are calculated in this game(basically because I have not looked) I would not know what to take. The Idea is cool though.

The Weapons in reset server and what happens to them is a really cool idea. Actually I like a lot of the Ideas in reset. I just can not play reset.
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 pm

tbh if there's a good feedback from reset changes, it would be possible to move some of them onto main. Obviously not without considering inherent differences of main to reset but, you'll get the picture
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Magnus Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:15 pm

cheers
Magnus
Magnus
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:23 am

hmm

What about 2 more income units.

Combat Medics ( make 40 income per turn )
Combat Engineers ( make 35 income per turn )

If you have the maximum amount of combat medics & or Welders u reduce your lose ratio by 15% during strike missions . The percentage is reduce based on the amount of medics u have . 50% of max medics u reduce death ratio by 7.5%

They get killed during invasion ( This will make invasion mission have more uses since this TOC vs TIE war invasion is most likely going to be obsolete )

The death ratio would be 1.5% ( 2 times higher then miners )

you can have a max of 15 days worth of Raw UP as Welders and Combat Medics

so if u have 10k raw u can have 150k Combat Medics and 150k Combat Engineers .

The numbers will need some tweaking but its something .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:57 am

no more extra units, even the units on reset will probably get removed, cos I can already see they aren't needed, something else would have been more useful
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum