Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expired Brokers

4 posters

Go down

Expired Brokers Empty Expired Brokers

Post by retro22 Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:22 pm

Perhaps add a short timer to withdraw them without them going into the open? (a few hours?)

I log on at least every 4 hours under normal circumstances and had put out 2 brokers. I had recently traded with this same person, but they decided to not log on or accept brokers. Thus I kept getting on and checking to see when they would expire. I had never had one expire before as they are normally expediently accepted. This in combination with the login verification code bug made me lose a decent amount of money. I gave up on trying to input login info(after 12 or so tries) and decided to come back to it later. The broker expires, and I get farmed not 15 minutes later.

If the login code had worked or there was a small window of time to retrieve the money safely then it wouldn't have been too bad. *shrugs* I'm sure the answer will be no due to possible abusability, but at least I got to rant about it if nothing else.

----ret

retro22
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2009-04-07

Back to top Go down

Expired Brokers Empty Re: Expired Brokers

Post by Admin Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:12 pm

k, will consider adding some timeframe, but it will definitely not be long.
1-2 hours tops.

the thing is that unlike in other games here you are always shown the exact time so you know on which turn the broker will expire and go into the open
yes i know it's annoying if it expires and you get farmed but considering you get shown the time, in those cases where you aren't certain of it getting accepted you do always know when it will expire.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retro22 Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:47 am

well from now on it won't be a problem for me, as I know it's a 1 day rejection time. I just hadn't had anything expire before so I didn't know that. But I still think the short time would be a nice feature. It's not a big deal, just was irksome to be farmed for it Sad. But yeah, thanks for fast response!

retro22
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:45 am

What about rejected brokers?... i think that they should go into the bank.
One guy advertised for an awesome price on UU here, so i brokered him a lot of kuwal. He then rejected it and everything went in the open, even though i had room in my bank.
[08 Jun] 21:30 Your trade has expired
[08 Jun] 09:22 Your broker got rejected
If i had not gone on PPT, probably i`d have lost them all. I think that you shouldn`t allow this in the game. Rejected brokers must go in the bank. Expired ones, must have a time frame to withdraw.
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:19 am

agrees with nigs sentiment Exclamation

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:14 am

rejected brokers have a 12 hour timeframe for recovery of goods cos you have no clue when the broker might get rejected

Dont want to make it autobank because then i'd have to make it that you pay the banking fee (if you're not hualu). In that case I bet people would ask (either now or in a few months time) to be able to set an option whether or not they want their stuff to get banked each time or just have an option to withdraw, which means even more pointless effort.

expired brokers you know exactly when the broker will expire cos you're always shown the date but as I said adding a small extra timeframe to recover goods is a possibility but don't really see how it will help.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retro22 Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:47 pm

it would be a minor convenience, but the main problem was I didn't know when it was going to expire due to lack of experience with that function.

retro22
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down