Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

remove invasion

+3
ian
Admin
bebita
7 posters

Go down

remove invasion Empty remove invasion

Post by bebita Mon May 11, 2009 2:50 am

and possibilitty of killing miners
that only can remove players from game
if u can't see the picture lets say this way
putting 5 friends from other games to create accounts
and after one year they can remove a entire work of someone
that guy he will never be able to recover one year work and with turns and suplly sittuation the possibility of raiding or farmin to recover is out of sittuation

bebita
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

remove invasion Empty Re: remove invasion

Post by Admin Mon May 11, 2009 3:40 am

as you might have noticed you need quite a bit more than just supply turns and someone with one weapon. Killing miners requires a considerable strike power (albeit not as high as when massing that def, but you need to invade quite often meaning a relatively significant kuwal cost is there too.

anyways the invasion mission is pretty much in the game for the sole reason of big players, being the greedy little things they generally are, to beat each other up and decimate their armies quite significantly, mostly helping the newer players to catch up a bit, who don't have enough miners for this to be effective on them.

plus no one actually forces you to build miners, having a few workers who still produce 60 kuwal per turn and the rest only farmers who produce 50, compared to the 70 which miners produce, allows you to remain relatively competitive.
So if you're scared of losing workers, just build farmers and you're untouchable
Do you know what word describes this kind of thinking?
Strategy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bebita Mon May 11, 2009 4:28 am

yeah
one full bank
5 inactive friends
and one player out from game for good
wanna bet i can solve this in less then 24 hours?

bebita
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ian Mon May 11, 2009 5:11 pm

Bebita, to be perfectly honest someone with farmers can remain perfectly competitive on Aderan wars given the right basic maths and game strategy put inplace. Its just a matter of figuring out your strategy and maths to decide on that strategy.

If a player doesn't want to loose their account, they need to make sure its mainly unkillable - by having farmers. Personally i m intending to get to 50k miners, then concentrate on boosting farmers - mainly in that its a fair bet given experience of just how things roll, that myself and TC will almost certainly probably end up at war with large chunks of the server at various stages throughout Aderan.

If your a war player, or one who regardless of what you do, tends to end up being ripped apart in numerous wars, adapt your strategy to suit the situation Smile

So long as you generally keep no more than 15% of your account killable (ideally less than 10%), the enemy is gonna have a hard job crippling you lol

I support the idea of being able to kill miners and workers - it means larger players who are complacent enough to presume they ll be safe, or who fail to do the necessary research into potential threats to themselves (i.e. alliance enemies etc...) and therefore have a ill thought out strategy, will reap the rewards of this.

It will make aderan wars much more fresh and spicy in the long run Smile

Finally - if your being smashed by other players, regardless of if its your defence, spies, assassins, weapons or income units - it inevitably comes down to the choice of the player - do they quit, or do they fight? Income units being killable simply magnify's the impact of the situation - but doesn't change the actual choice to be made.

Keep income units killable Smile

Last edited by ian on Mon May 11, 2009 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by bebita Mon May 11, 2009 5:13 pm

u are all smart players
think in a long run

bebita
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 11, 2009 6:10 pm

so lets put this clear, you're not worried about the legit use but about the abusive use i.e. when someone creates multies or instructs his friends to act in a multi-like behavior?

fyi I really don't like having to go into people's heads when I am not absolutely forced to do it.
present your opinions and worries in a clear and concise manner please
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Mon May 11, 2009 7:50 pm

ian wrote:Bebita, to be perfectly honest someone with farmers can remain perfectly competitive on Aderan wars given the right basic maths and game strategy put inplace. Its just a matter of figuring out your strategy and maths to decide on that strategy.

If a player doesn't want to loose their account, they need to make sure its mainly unkillable - by having farmers. Personally i m intending to get to 50k miners, then concentrate on boosting farmers - mainly in that its a fair bet given experience of just how things roll, that myself and TC will almost certainly probably end up at war with large chunks of the server at various stages throughout Aderan.

If your a war player, or one who regardless of what you do, tends to end up being ripped apart in numerous wars, adapt your strategy to suit the situation Smile

So long as you generally keep no more than 15% of your account killable (ideally less than 10%), the enemy is gonna have a hard job crippling you lol

I support the idea of being able to kill miners and workers - it means larger players who are complacent enough to presume they ll be safe, or who fail to do the necessary research into potential threats to themselves (i.e. alliance enemies etc...) and therefore have a ill thought out strategy, will reap the rewards of this.

It will make aderan wars much more fresh and spicy in the long run Smile

Finally - if your being smashed by other players, regardless of if its your defence, spies, assassins, weapons or income units - it inevitably comes down to the choice of the player - do they quit, or do they fight? Income units being killable simply magnify's the impact of the situation - but doesn't change the actual choice to be made.

Keep income units killable Smile

couldnt have said it better myself....

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon May 11, 2009 8:00 pm

note of fact, smaller players can have a higher % of their army trained in miners/workers without passing the threshold that would make attacks to kill their miners worth it.
that means higher average income per unit for small players on top of the existing AE penalties or lack thereof for small players

someone with 15k army could easily have all their income units as miners without worrying at all about getting wiped too hard as the turns would be worth more than the units killed.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon May 11, 2009 10:29 pm

I think workers and miners should be harder to kill, but at the same time cost more to be trained.

As a compromise one could say:

Currently
NAME TRAINING LOSSES
Farmer 5.000 0%
Worker 7.500 0.1%
Miner 10.000 0.3%

I recommend changing to:
Farmer 5.000 0.01%
Worker 10.000 0.05%
Miner 20.000 0.10%

Assuming you have an army of 50.000 farmers, workers or miners
and the value of each unit is 60.000

If you have 50.000 farmers, you will loose 5 in an invasion
5x(60.000+5.000)=325.000

If you have 50.000 workers, you will loose 25 in an invasion
25x(60.000+10.000)=1.750.000

If you have 50.000 miners, you will loose 50 in an invasion
50x(60.000+20.000)=4.000.000

I think the training differences between farmer, worker and miners should be higher, so that training a miners pays off much later, however they dont die too quickly

It is true that the game might loose too many players after someone has been massed and lost 25% of the armysize. There will be even greater danger when armies will be 1.000.000 and people will have 50% miners.

Make miners harder to kill, but to balance it out, make the training much more costly.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandwalker Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 am

It's always dangerous to allow the possibility of total wipeout of an account. <- this is related to Kenzu's suggestion.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue May 12, 2009 7:11 am

hence the untouchability of farmers
Admin
Admin
Admin