Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

invasion missions

+2
Steveanaya
Kingofshinobis1
6 posters

Go down

invasion missions Empty invasion missions

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:59 pm

I think that when you invade someone you should be doing more than just killing workers and miners. I suggest that you raise the amount workers and miners give you kuwal wise. 10 kuwal for workers and 15 more for miners (raise the price some as well). The next part of my suggestion is when you do a invasion mission, you take a 3rd of the amount you kill in the said mission and take them as UU. I believe this will make people want to train more than just a specific amount and give a new element to war. The only drawback i see to this is when war does come that people will just untrain most of them. Any suggestions?

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

ID : 171
Alliance : The_Mercenary
Hire For Massings
Number of posts : 823
Registration date : 2010-01-31

Back to top Go down

invasion missions Empty Re: invasion missions

Post by Steveanaya Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm

Far too exploitable

Think of multies that don't wanna look like multies
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 1624
Alliance : Fedaykin
Number of posts : 695
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:18 pm

thats why we are making suggestions and not stating opinions here. i know it is exploitable. i am asking or help as to how to make it not.

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Make it so that there's a new income unit that costs more to make but gives more income. Then make a specific mission for that 1 unit.

That way nobody's unhappy
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:48 am

I think its a bad idea. Making income units killable is bad enough but making them raidable as well is going to be rough.

I myself do not understand those who train more then the bare minimum of miners and workers seeing as when your defense falls they are easily slaughterable. Making them raidable just makes them more intising to kill/take.

I personally do not see a point in workers at all, should just be farmers (unkillable) and miners( killable). Tho I think miners should be the unkillable ones as they are underground and a land would have to be occupied to root them out where farmers are out in the open and easily killed, but thats just my opinion.

I think this idea will not mesh well with the proposed AF update as well, but if it was not coming, and you doubled the income of the "killable" units it might make for some interesting conflicts.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

what if those units start off with 70 income each and every 100,000 trained that value is increased by 1 income.

so at 1 mil of those units they produce 80 income each and at 10 mil they produce 170 income each.

and they shouldnt be looked at like raiding. you should still kill some and take some but not be able to have them as UU. they should always remain whatever unit they are unless untrained.

thats just my suggestion
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:06 am

so you raid fully trained income units?

hummmmm

maybe they should drop in income to standard farmers since they are "kidnapped" afterall?

well problem with that is people will train farmers, "take" other peoples income units but never train any that can be taken from them.

IDK
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:16 am

Maybe slaves like in reset
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:29 pm

Steveanaya wrote:Maybe slaves like in reset

yeah, i was trying to mesh something but for me what I dislike is the "I can take from you but you can't take from me" issue.

Didnt the slaves die or run away? How did they work exactly?

You still have to keep in mind the possible AF update of being able to slow or stop income. So making a way to steal income plus slow or stop it may be to much.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:11 pm

the slaves used to die, but in retrospect they gave too little income and died too quickly
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Nomad wrote:
Steveanaya wrote:Maybe slaves like in reset

yeah, i was trying to mesh something but for me what I dislike is the "I can take from you but you can't take from me" issue.

Didnt the slaves die or run away? How did they work exactly?

You still have to keep in mind the possible AF update of being able to slow or stop income. So making a way to steal income plus slow or stop it may be to much.

persoanlly i think it would make a good balance

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:20 pm

im just full of good ideas Razz
Steveanaya
Steveanaya
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Admin wrote:the slaves used to die, but in retrospect they gave too little income and died too quickly

well they had to die quickly in rest, it was a reset server.

I guess my question is, if you allow this, how will you make it actually worthwhile to train miners and workers as they will become more of a target of attack. There are alot of (IMO) foolish people now with 9 or 10 million miners would could be stripped clean in a matter of minutes. Taking income units from costly to kill to a great plus for the attacker may also kill their very existance
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kingofshinobis1 Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:37 pm

well if the stolen units are only allowed to be trained in miners then i dont see how that would be a problem. (seperate income unit like idles except you can't sell them, they effect GAAS even when untrained, and they give no income until they are trained or are being trained.)

Kingofshinobis1
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Hire For Massings

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 pm

so if you steal them, they can be stolen from you?

NICE!
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Some more thoughts to add.

If you can steal units and have then as slaves where do you put them and how do you control them. Does this open up the possibility for another facility for construction. A building could be tied to the amount of slaves you can steal in an invasion as well as the amount of slaves you can hold.

Also if you have slaves how do you manage and control them. If you don't feed them do they run away or revolt. Do we need Overseers to to keep the slave population under control. Additionally if slave could be stolen can they also be killed.

My thoughts on Slaves are that if they are introduced then we need to have something that balances things out. there should be some costs involved to balance out the benefits.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 pm

Manleva wrote:Some more thoughts to add.

If you can steal units and have then as slaves where do you put them and how do you control them. Does this open up the possibility for another facility for construction. A building could be tied to the amount of slaves you can steal in an invasion as well as the amount of slaves you can hold.

Also if you have slaves how do you manage and control them. If you don't feed them do they run away or revolt. Do we need Overseers to to keep the slave population under control. Additionally if slave could be stolen can they also be killed.

My thoughts on Slaves are that if they are introduced then we need to have something that balances things out. there should be some costs involved to balance out the benefits.

My main issue with them is to not kill the possiblity of people training miners or workers to begin with.

As for slaves, logicly they would go to the mines as open farms mean they can run away. I think they should died at a slow rate since your not taking care of them, and I think the mission that raid/takes them should kill a % outright and enslave a %. I like the idea of buying and possibly maintaining concentration camps, something else to waste resources on.

Would you be able to buy, sell, or trade slaves on open market like UU?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Decruos Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:44 pm

I think that if slaves were introduced and they earn income, then having a setting which changes how hard they work would be good.

for example, producing maybe 10% more income but also dying quicker, or producing 10% less income but dying slower, if nomads idea about slaves dying at a slow rate were put in place

Decruos
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : 9919
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Steveanaya Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:00 am

Concentration camps?

Wow Surprised
Steveanaya