Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ALL races should pay bank fees

+2
Nomad
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

Do you agree with this proposal?

ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_lcap11%ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_lcap0%ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_lcap89%ALL races should pay bank fees Vote_rcap 89% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

ALL races should pay bank fees Empty ALL races should pay bank fees

Post by Kenzu Fri May 01, 2009 8:38 pm

To be able to make the game balanced it will be much easier if simply all races pay 2% fees.

Hualu should have bonuses change of course.

If Miraya got 20% cheaper defense Tech, Daning 20% cheaper attack Tech, Kyora 10% cheaper covert and 10% cheaper assassin Tech.

Hualu should have 5% cheaper attack Tech, 5% cheaper Strike Tech, 5% cheaper covert Tech, 5% cheaper assassin Tech.

(Like this, all bonus will add up to the same total and all races pay 2% banking fees.)
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

ALL races should pay bank fees Empty Re: ALL races should pay bank fees

Post by Nomad Sat May 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Well for me not having to pay the bank fee is why I chose the race. A 5% bonus across 4 stats versus a 20% bonus on 1 stat is rather useless to me.

If this goes through I'd hope a free race change comes with it as you will have killed the race and made it worthless.

I voted NO, but I play the money race in every game because to me they have the greatest advantage due to the banking fees. JMO
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 02, 2009 2:05 pm

If banking is removed then it's obvious that the summary bonus hualu would have to be higher than the bonuses that are for any race.

If someone gets 15% bonus on attack techs then hualu needs at least a 5% bonus on defense, attack, covert and assassin, or maybe even 5.5%

If banking would be removed, bonuses being equal for all races and a free race change given for everyone without any penalties involved then we'd end up with much less hualu players than for any other race. And most likely at least 40-50% miraya races
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sat May 02, 2009 9:24 pm

Admin wrote:If banking is removed then it's obvious that the summary bonus hualu would have to be higher than the bonuses that are for any race.

If someone gets 15% bonus on attack techs then hualu needs at least a 5% bonus on defense, attack, covert and assassin, or maybe even 5.5%

If banking would be removed, bonuses being equal for all races and a free race change given for everyone without any penalties involved then we'd end up with much less hualu players than for any other race. And most likely at least 40-50% miraya races

I proposed bonus changes in other threads already. No need to discuss them here.
This is for hualu only.

I dont see why all hualu bonuses added up should be more than Daning or Miraya bonuses.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 02, 2009 9:27 pm

because no one would take hualu if their bonus is additively identical to miraya or daning, that's why

you can ask how many people who are hualu now would change into a different race if you remove bank fees and give them identical bonuses.
Assuming you can change the race in that one case without penalties.
most would then either go for miraya, daning or kyora but few would remain hualu

You take a race with attack or defense or covert bonuses or a race which has the least bonuses of all but doesnt pay bank fees instead
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Lachance Sat May 02, 2009 11:33 pm

well, for me i wouldnt change race either way.... im hualu and although the free bankinf factored in on my deciosion when choosing the race, my gamestyle is always an even build as i prefer a balanced account, so removing the banking wouldnt faze me, id be happy with what ever you deemed fair to all involved, but thats just me Wink

Lucien Lachance
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : The Dark Brotherhood,
Cheydinhal Sanctuary,
Cyrodil
Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2009-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by somebody Sun May 03, 2009 1:23 am

The Hualu are supposed to be income focused. They are supposed to have an advantage when it comes to building up cash. One good way to do this is by making sure they do not have to pay a bank fee. This allows them to save a large amount of money in the long run, because when you are going to bank 5 trillion, 2% can make a large difference. When it comes to spreading it out, would you rather have 80% of a discount on defense technologies, or would you have a 20% discount in each. I would pick the 80%.
somebody
somebody
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 149
Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun May 03, 2009 3:58 am

Kenzu wrote:

I dont see why all hualu bonuses added up should be more than Daning or Miraya bonuses.

Its very simple for me. It makes NO sense. An account thats "even" and whos combined bonus is = to "specialized" races is useless. Its def can't compete against the attacking race, Its strike cant compete with the defensive race, and it its covert/assasins can't compete with the covert race. Basicly it is weak to every other race, so its bonuses should be higher in total because its lower in %
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 03, 2009 9:16 am

somebody wrote:The Hualu are supposed to be income focused.
Where is it written that Hualu are supposed to be income focused. Please don't confuse this with some random games where you can pick between 25% covert bonus and a 25% income bonus.
Hualu is supposed to be a balanced race, where you receive a small benefit from a wide area of disciplines instead of a single one

Other than that, exactly what nomad said, I just never was able to put it like that in my own words Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chaos Sun May 03, 2009 5:15 pm

voted No as have 7 out of the other 8 people who have bothered to vote

Kenzu, stop trying to constantly change the game dynamics. let this game play out a bit. minor changes here and therea re usually good, but drastically changing races reduces much of the past 100 days to dust.
chaos
chaos
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : ???
Alliance : Your Guess?
Number of posts : 324
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun May 03, 2009 6:05 pm

Looking on the polls I say we shouldn't change the 0% bank fee on Hualu.

I still support the changes on the other threads though.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun May 03, 2009 7:00 pm

k locked
Admin
Admin