Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

+3
Admin
Nomad
Kenzu
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

Post by Nomad Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Told you he wouldn't Kong.

Maybe Admin will respond about the speeding up of construction tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings. - Page 2 Empty Re: Construction queue, improved pictures of buildings and new buildings.

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:15 am

Nomad wrote:Told you he wouldn't Kong.

Maybe Admin will respond about the speeding up of construction tho.

yes Nomad you did, that will teach me to ask kenzu to explain something, c'est la vie...

But admin did take the time to explain to me what I didn't know, thanks again.
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:44 am

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:
But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn.

Since Nomad brought it up; I will say that I was curious as to whether this statement was going to become a reality, or if kenzu was speaking hypothetically? I just do not want to derail the topic at hand.

I also must say that I would never have thought of the scenario that Nomad has put forth, it is an interesting one.
It has been stated repeatedly that construction speed will be increased (and demanded by a number of people), especially with respect to airforce buildings
It would also make sense to increase construction speed for training facilities/weapon factories (imagine you have 10-15k each and have to rebuild all, you'll be rebuilding that for almost a month)

Whether it's going to be 100 per turn, I'm not sure

@ nomad: old pic of starport is building in middle and 4 landing pads. not rly airport type
and ... "so do other people"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 am

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

Since Nomad brought it up; I will say that I was curious as to whether this statement was going to become a reality, or if kenzu was speaking hypothetically? I just do not want to derail the topic at hand.

I also must say that I would never have thought of the scenario that Nomad has put forth, it is an interesting one.
It has been stated repeatedly that construction speed will be increased (and demanded by a number of people), especially with respect to airforce buildings
It would also make sense to increase construction speed for training facilities/weapon factories (imagine you have 10-15k each and have to rebuild all, you'll be rebuilding that for almost a month)

@ nomad: old pic of starport is building in middle and 4 landing pads. not rly airport type

And I will point out again that there is a major issue here yet again.

Kong was asking for clarification of information that was posted into this topic which admin has now clarified by say the original figure of 100 per tern as posted by Kenzu is no infact set in concrete and Admin is not sure.

Now I an fine with this as it is but I am not fine with the fact that the original post made by Kenzu and which was originally quoted by Kong and then re-quoted a number of times has again been edited and changed and there is no indication that the post was changed. The only way for this to happen is for a Forum Admin to do it. I do not mind that the post was edited to correct something but I think that without showing the alteration is an abuse of power especially when it has been quoted and questioned by others. Also in that case it makes the person who posted the quote and question to look both stupid and possibly to be altering the quote for their own purposes.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:28 am

@Manleva- are you refering to this...

Kenzu wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Spoiler:

@kenzu- Thank you for completely ignoring my post.

You are welcome.
I didn't reply to your post because:
1) I had nothing to say to it.
2) You didn't ask any specific question.

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

because honestly I kinda just figured kenzu had a brain fart at that moment & posted an incomplete post. (no offense intended kenzu, as I do it all the time. the ones listing the reason as spelling. Wink )

if you are talking about kenzu ignoring my post about the word Queue and its meaning, well I just chalk that up to kenzu being kenzu, & have another shot of Makers Mark. lol...

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:32 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling... ;) & a spoiler malfuntion...)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Manleva wrote:Now I an fine with this as it is but I am not fine with the fact that the original post made by Kenzu and which was originally quoted by Kong and then re-quoted a number of times has again been edited and changed and there is no indication that the post was changed. The only way for this to happen is for a Forum Admin to do it. I do not mind that the post was edited to correct something but I think that without showing the alteration is an abuse of power especially when it has been quoted and questioned by others. Also in that case it makes the person who posted the quote and question to look both stupid and possibly to be altering the quote for their own purposes.
which edit are you talking about?

This one? which is still there?
Kenzu wrote:But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn.

also
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2749p15-construction-queue-improved-pictures-of-buildings-and-new-buildings#34711
You might notice the note how it says the post got changed.

Can I expect you to correct your accusations?

Also kong, tbh I had no clue what the hell you were smoking when you made that post and initially I didn't plan on replying to it either since as kenzu said, you didn't add anything to the thread other than think he used the wrong word, which he didn't, nor did you ask a question.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:33 pm

Manleva wrote:
Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

And I will point out again that there is a major issue here yet again.

Kong was asking for clarification of information that was posted into this topic which admin has now clarified by say the original figure of 100 per tern as posted by Kenzu is no infact set in concrete and Admin is not sure.

Now I an fine with this as it is but I am not fine with the fact that the original post made by Kenzu and which was originally quoted by Kong and then re-quoted a number of times has again been edited and changed and there is no indication that the post was changed. The only way for this to happen is for a Forum Admin to do it. I do not mind that the post was edited to correct something but I think that without showing the alteration is an abuse of power especially when it has been quoted and questioned by others. Also in that case it makes the person who posted the quote and question to look both stupid and possibly to be altering the quote for their own purposes.

If you scroll up to the 2nd post by Kenzu, you will see a little text at the bottom which says:
"Last edited by Kenzu on Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total"

I am sure you can see that too!

If a post is edited before someone else posts in the same thread, then there will be no little text saying that this post was edited.
However, if someone edits his post, after someone else replied in the same thread, then there will be the little text saying that the post was edited.
If you think that a post was edited, and there is not little text indicating it, then it could be edited ONLY when no one posted afterwards. It's the same for everyone (except admin)

Manleva, are you referring to the 1st post by Kenzu on the 2nd page of this thread?
If yes, then I can assure you that it has not been edited after someone posted in this thread.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Also kong, tbh I had no clue what the hell you were smoking when you made that post and initially I didn't plan on replying to it either since as kenzu said, you didn't add anything to the thread other than think he used the wrong word, which he didn't, nor did you ask a question.
actually I wasn't drinking or smoking anything that day, is it really so hard to understand that I truly did not know the word or its meaning? I honestly thought that when I said this,...
kingkongfan1 wrote:
having said the above I am not just going to assume that when all the respondents in this thread say "queue" they actually mean "queque" because I am unfamiliar with both, & it could be feasible that they are in fact two different words with two seperate meanings. I will wait & let kenzu clear this up as he is the originator of this thread...
& this
kingkongfan1 wrote:I have tried numerous times to make it understood that I (at least) do not have the same "background, schooling, training, etc. in computers that others here do, what others take for granted is unknown to me. so please forgive my ignorance.
that I made it clear that I had no understanding of this word & that kenzu would explain. I mean seriously how can anyone be expected to carry on a discussion when that person, (me) doesn't fully understand what is being discussed? apparently you, (admin martin) did realize what I said because you took the time to explain things to me, (& I really appreciate it.). It was solely my ignorance of that particular word that caused the whole post, I apologize for having disrupted the thread, I hope this explains things for you, as for me I am finished with this, as it is irrelevant to the main topic of this thread...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:23 pm

Admin wrote: you didn't add anything to the thread other than think he used the wrong word, which he didn't, nor did you ask a question.

So what is the correct word and spelling?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:52 pm

Kenzu wrote:...there will be a new feature: A construction queue.

It will allow players to order the construction of multiple buildings. Once ordered, buildings will construct in the order you have set....
I see no room for interpretation on what was being talked about, sorry.
Whether queue would be a real word or one we made up to name a feature, either way you had an explanation one line below on what it would be doing.

Nomad wrote:
Admin wrote: you didn't add anything to the thread other than think he used the wrong word, which he didn't, nor did you ask a question.
So what is the correct word and spelling?
queue

A line of people or other objects
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:40 pm

Admin wrote:
Manleva wrote:Now I an fine with this as it is but I am not fine with the fact that the original post made by Kenzu and which was originally quoted by Kong and then re-quoted a number of times has again been edited and changed and there is no indication that the post was changed. The only way for this to happen is for a Forum Admin to do it. I do not mind that the post was edited to correct something but I think that without showing the alteration is an abuse of power especially when it has been quoted and questioned by others. Also in that case it makes the person who posted the quote and question to look both stupid and possibly to be altering the quote for their own purposes.
which edit are you talking about?

This one? which is still there?
Kenzu wrote:But the construction speed will be increased to 100 per turn.

also
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2749p15-construction-queue-improved-pictures-of-buildings-and-new-buildings#34711
You might notice the note how it says the post got changed.

Can I expect you to correct your accusations?

Yes it was the construction speed quote that I was referring to and I will admit to being wrong with my accusations as i have spent some time going back over the thread and have found the actual post. All I can say is that I missed that actual comment (even though I spent quite some time looking for it) but had found one very similar earlier in the thread on the first page.

We all make mistakes and I am quite happy to admit that I did this time.

I will also add that this was not an attack on Kenzu personally. Rather it was more that we all need to consider what and how we post things and if we make corrections we need to do so in a manner that makes it easy to see and find. I think we all make it hard for ourselves at times with the way we quote and requote posts and while we may understand it when we do it, it can make it hard for others to follow.
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Good some of us can admit mistakes, to bad all of us can't.

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:15 pm

I made a mistake roughly 3.5 years ago...

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:32 pm

Manleva wrote:I will also add that this was not an attack on Kenzu personally.
No, there was a very specific reason why I urged you to look at your post again, otherwise certain people would come whining "forum admin abusing his powers!!!111"

@nomad, ty for that very useful comment, bickering is A1 useful
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:
Manleva wrote:I will also add that this was not an attack on Kenzu personally.
No, there was a very specific reason why I urged you to look at your post again, otherwise certain people would come whining "forum admin abusing his powers!!!111"

@nomad, ty for that very useful comment, bickering is A1 useful

I think it was useful. Admitting you make a mistake is a sign of maturity. Some people have it and others do not. And by your own reasoning your bickering same as I with the above comment. Maybe people wouldn't feel like they do if when a mistake was made and apology accompanied it, but that's a one sided issue it appears.

Now, if your done ignoring my public and private request, (ignoring defined as not recieveing any kind or response, even if there was action taken there is no way I could ever know. I could have atleast respected a reply I disagreed with, no reply at all shows a complete lack of respect, like I'm not even worth a reply) Lets please stop this "bickering" and get back to the topic at hand.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 pm

I was fully aware of the hypocrisy of my demand, it's still annoying as hell

noted and pm sent
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2