Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

limited attacks released

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

limited attacks released Empty limited attacks released

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:12 am

care to explain them a bit more? we have 2 choices, ground attacks = useless as that could be done with standing military already, why waste extremely high priced AF weapons to do something we can already do. Second choice is like all over the board. "attack training facilities and factories". So do we get to choose what we are attacking or does it attack everything? And what is everything? hangers, AF factories, training and weapons factories? what all does it cover? and you say 5%? 5% of what? all of them? all of them total? all of them seperately?

Where are the income reducing attacks?

Whats was the point of attacking ground forces? since you can only kill what you lose? they are utterly useless when you can kill more using normal ground atacks?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

limited attacks released Empty Re: limited attacks released

Post by Kenzu Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Since I know how airforce missions work/ are going to work, I can answer myself for other players. You nomad, can ignore it if you want to wait for admin to reply.

There will be a total of 4 missions

mission against airforce
mission against ground forces
mission against training facilities and factories
mission against enemy income (Bombardment)

mission against airforce
you send fighters + heli (or bombers)
to fight against enemy airforce, and bomb enemy hangars and bomb enemy helis and bombers (which will not leave airports because they cant fight air units)
fighters will fight airforce units
helis or bombers will fight defending SAMs
and if all SAMs are destroyed, they will destroy hangars

mission against ground forces
similar as previous mission except that helis will bomb enemy troops killing soldiers and destroying their weapons. You will destroy equal numbers of soldiers and weapons so that you dont end up with unarmed soldiers due to this mission.

mission against training facilities and factories
similar as previous mission except that bombers destroy training facilities and weapon factories. Not sure if this mission will also destroy airforce and munition factories.

mission against income (bombardment)
similar as previous mission except that bombers drop bombs to temporarily decrease someone's income. If they drop generation 1 bombs, they will decrease income to cause a damage equal to value of bombs used, and for each 1 generation higher, they will cause 10% more damage than previous generation.

You can imagine this as bombing the infrastructure, which a player has to redirect his income to rebuild.

With generation 6 (the highest generation), they will cause 50% more damage than the value of bombs they dropped.

If my calculations are correct, its costs at total of 19.400.000.000.000 kuwal to research generation 6 bombers with generation 6 bombs.

The point of attacking ground forces is the following:
If your airforce has better tech than your enemy, then you can destroy more ground force value than the kuwal you lose. If your airforce tech is superior and ground forces are not superior, then you will attack obviously with whatever is superior in this case airforce.

Same like you would sab a player if your covert is superior and your attack soldiers arent superior. You attack players where they have a weakness.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:24 pm

and now they are removed? any reason?

@ Kenzu,,,

Thanks for the explinations, they are the same as given before. Next time tho please actually answer the questions asked instead of attempting to say alot, which has little to do with the questions asked.

In case you missed them I will ask them 1 at a time so maybe you will see and understand they are questions asked and in need of an answer

1.Second choice is like all over the board. "attack training facilities and factories". So do we get to choose what we are attacking or does it attack everything?

2. And what is everything? hangers, AF factories, training and weapons factories? what all does it cover? and you say 5%? 5% of what? all of them? all of them total? all of them seperately?
**Kenzu did attempt to answer this one, but I am reposting it for admin since Kenzu admitts he does not know fully, thanks for the attempt tho Kenzu**

3. Where are the income reducing attacks?
**if we are only going to get 2 types of attacks every 2 or 3 months I do not care to waste my time. I'll wait until next year to test all the attacks at once instead of wasting massive ammounts of resources foolishly testing a system with a specific and set result which is known before the button is ever pushed***

4. Whats was the point of attacking ground forces? since you can only kill what you lose? they are utterly useless when you can kill more using normal ground atacks?
***I repost these as your explination never answered part or all of some of these. More specificly can you get free kills by attacking ground forces of someone with no or 0ed AF? What is the point of creating a AF attack to do the same as what you already have? Or is it in conjunction with a ground attack? or completely seperate? Will attacks be put in place that utalise both ground and air troops at the same time?

So in other words, give us explinations that actually explain something, not retell the same explination that has been given for over a year now. Time for something new. I do thank you for the try in Admins absence tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:12 am

Nomad wrote:and now they are removed? any reason?

@ Kenzu,,,

Thanks for the explinations, they are the same as given before. Next time tho please actually answer the questions asked instead of attempting to say alot, which has little to do with the questions asked.

In case you missed them I will ask them 1 at a time so maybe you will see and understand they are questions asked and in need of an answer

1.Second choice is like all over the board. "attack training facilities and factories". So do we get to choose what we are attacking or does it attack everything?
I am 99% sure you will destroy both at once. Probably you will destroy and equal number of each type and you can never go below a certain number (you will always have enough facilities to train all the units you produce per day).

2. And what is everything? hangers, AF factories, training and weapons factories? what all does it cover? and you say 5%? 5% of what? all of them? all of them total? all of them seperately?
**Kenzu did attempt to answer this one, but I am reposting it for admin since Kenzu admitts he does not know fully, thanks for the attempt tho Kenzu**
I believe you want an answer from admin, so he shall answer.

**if we are only going to get 2 types of attacks every 2 or 3 months I do not care to waste my time. I'll wait until next year to test all the attacks at once instead of wasting massive ammounts of resources foolishly testing a system with a specific and set result which is known before the button is ever pushed***
I hope we will get all 4 missions working on test within the next 7 days.

4. Whats was the point of attacking ground forces? since you can only kill what you lose? they are utterly useless when you can kill more using normal ground atacks?
***I repost these as your explination never answered part or all of some of these. More specificly can you get free kills by attacking ground forces of someone with no or 0ed AF? What is the point of creating a AF attack to do the same as what you already have? Or is it in conjunction with a ground attack? or completely seperate? Will attacks be put in place that utalise both ground and air troops at the same time?
The mission against ground forces was useless when it was released on test, because there was a bug. Not sure if it has been fixed yet. If you destroyed all enemy sams then attacking with Missile of generation 2, should allow you to kill 10% more value than what you lose. With generation 6, you will destroy 50% more than what you lose. The mission is thus not useless, as you can destroy more than what you lose. Destroying more than what you lose is the target in most cases anyway. This is the best explanation I can give you.

So in other words, give us explinations that actually explain something, not retell the same explination that has been given for over a year now. Time for something new. I do thank you for the try in Admins absence tho.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:48 am

Kenzu wrote:

@ Kenzu,,,

I am 99% sure you will destroy both at once. Probably you will destroy and equal number of each type and you can never go below a certain number (you will always have enough facilities to train all the units you produce per day).
so if Kong only has 1041 weapons factories, & 1041 training facilities then none of Kongs WF or TF will be destroyed? Kong has a 50,000 UP btw

The mission against ground forces was useless when it was released on test, because there was a bug. Not sure if it has been fixed yet. If you destroyed all enemy sams then attacking with Missile of generation 2, should allow you to kill 10% more value than what you lose. With generation 6, you will destroy 50% more than what you lose. The mission is thus not useless, as you can destroy more than what you lose. Destroying more than what you lose is the target in most cases anyway. This is the best explanation I can give you.

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:16 am

Kenzu wrote:
mission against airforce
you send fighters + heli (or bombers)
to fight against enemy airforce, and bomb enemy hangars and bomb enemy helis and bombers (which will not leave airports because they cant fight air units)
fighters will fight airforce units
helis or bombers will fight defending SAMs
and if all SAMs are destroyed, they will destroy hangars
will we be able to run sabatoge missions against AF? (sams, fighters, bombers, heli's, & munitions?)... Kong also thinks that those items that are to be destroyable (WF, TF,) should have a static rebuild cost, as it would eventually become to expensive to rebuild if the current system stays in place...

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:36 pm

Kenzu wrote:I am 99% sure you will destroy both at once. Probably you will destroy and equal number of each type and you can never go below a certain number (you will always have enough facilities to train all the units you produce per day).

So the attacks will be made so you must waste valuable resources destroying something you do not even want to destroy? I really hope you guys can clean the AF up a lot because it is very weak under present systems. I can not understand why you would force us to act in such a way. Factories and facilities should be seperate. You only need to destroy one to make both useless, but then again that may be why you 2 have chosen to make it so. At the very least make it % based so if someone has 10K training and 20k factories that it destroys on a 1 to 2 scale and not 1 to 1. You 2 also realise that there are 6 "factories/facilities" if you do not count hospitals or clinics. 6 to 1 is not very good odds, but again maybe you 2 are planning it that way and just can not find a way to communicate it.

I do not mind an answer from you, I just reposted because you did yourself say you did not know. If you do now by all means go ahead and respond, but if you do not then let Admin respond.

7 days would be very nice, after the delays so far.

So you are saying that even if there is NO defense to counter AF the attacker is still going to lose the EXACT same amount they would lose if fighting a defense? I hope this is not so.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:37 pm

Not trying to be an ass here guys, but Nomad has asked the question twice & Kong has asked it once, Kong put them all here so that maybe we can get the answer we are looking for...

Nomad wrote:
So you are saying that even if there is NO defense to counter AF the attacker is still going to lose the EXACT same amount they would lose if fighting a defense? I hope this is not so.

below is admins response...

Admin wrote:
kingkongfan1 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:so what happens when a no AF account is hit by a AF bearing account?

The 2 attacks listed confuse the heck out of me TBH. Neither makes much sense, but I'll try them out tomorrow, and try to make sense of them I guess.
That is the main reason for this whole munition business.

So you attack someone's stuff but you dont get free kills.
When you have no AF then it just goes on as if you were hit but your sams were all destroyed. Same as when someone with no def gets hit

I think he might be asking "what happens when a player with AF attacks a player with no AF?" (as in no sams, fighters, helis, bombers, or munitions.)

I do not expect "free" kills, just wondering what gets destroyed?
whatever the target is chosen by the mission used

the remark in blue is not what Kong is looking for so I will try one more time...
If a player with a built AF attacks a player with no AF what kind of losses can the attacker expect? with the cost of AF being what it is Kong would expect more than a 1:1 ratio on the kills or that that is destroyed (weapons factories, training facilities, clinics, etc.) afaKk in the current system strike nor defense will stand against an AF attack...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:38 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote: If a player with a built AF attacks a player with no AF what kind of losses can the attacker expect? with the cost of AF being what it is Kong would expect more than a 1:1 ratio on the kills or that that is destroyed (weapons factories, training facilities, clinics, etc.) afaKk in the current system strike nor defense will stand against an AF attack...
Atm it's setup that the target is destroyed in a 1:1 ratio

1:1 ratio means You destroy X kuwal worth of stuff and lose X kuwal worth of munition, for now
https://aderanwars.forumotion.com/t2691-airforce-specific-mission-damages

Bottom line, there's 3 options:
1) Since each level is 10% more powerful that the one before, there's the option of making level 2-6 to give a 10-50% bonus in destroyed stuff
2) There's a flat bonus in destroying stuff (10-40% no matter what munition is used)
3) There's no bonus

kingkongfan1 wrote:
Kenzu wrote:

@ Kenzu,,,

so if Kong only has 1041 weapons factories, & 1041 training facilities then none of Kongs WF or TF will be destroyed? Kong has a 50,000 UP btw
It's exactly what it says on the can, you attack traininig FACILITIES/weapons FACTORIES/aircraft FACTORIES/sam FACTORIES/munition FACTORIES
Since no one is dumb enough to build all their weapon factories at one place, it is also obviously highly ridiculous to expect to be able to attack each particular target without wasting any effort on others
Plus It'd be majorly unbalancing since realistically you only really need to destroy EITHER trainings OR weapon factories to cripple someone, not both. Logically in a strike, you'd just wipe out someones training facilities and NEVER bother with weapon factories, or the other way around

First post about mission damages
Whatever you're attacking, you can destroy up to 5% of the target per mission.
There is absolutely NO difference between killing 5% of 1000 trainings, 1000 weapon factories 100 munition factories, 100 aircraft factories and 100 sam factories, or killing 5% of 2300 factories divided up between them proportionately => you lose 50/50/5/5/5
Weapons in strike missions get destroyed proportionately
Soldiers/Mercs in strike missions get killed proportionately
Weapons in sabotage missions get destroyed proportionately
Aircraft/Sams in airforce missions get destroyed proportionately
Munition in airforce missions gets used proportionately
Weapons in airforce ground attack missions gets destroyed proportionately
Factories in airforce missions get destroyed proportionately
Miners/Workers get killed proportionately
Notice a pattern?
Everything in this game gets destroyed proportionately unless explicitly stated (though I can't think of anything that doesn't get destroyed proportionately)

As with all other types of attacks/sabs/assassinations/whatever, that's only the max value, if you dont have enough munition to be used then you will destroy less than this 5%

Many people would kill for having the ability to assault someone to have a 1:1 kill ratio, as you have realized by now, getting to that requires a hardcore advantage in attack techs and personal bonus

Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:10 am

I really hope you change this system. Its horrible in so many ways.

Past that when will all the bugs get cleaned up? I understand removing the att button but why can we not train, spy, or trade due to error messages?

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:21 am

Spoiler:

Kong has read thru the above & still doesn't know "HOW" a player with 0 air force action can damage Kongs 1) fighters, 2) bombers, 3) heli's? are you saying that a players regular defense will fend off an airstrike? if so why invest in sams?

this below doesn't answer my question either...

Spoiler:

kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:39 am

Nomad wrote:Its horrible in so many ways.
Highly useful comment, thank you for saying what appears to be horrible
Past that when will all the bugs get cleaned up? I understand removing the att button but why can we not train, spy, or trade due to error messages?
Last bug posted was about power being calculated incorrectly, that one got fixed. Am I to assume all bugs that are known have been cleaned up? Removed buttons were an unrelated issue, everything should be back to normal again

Also this
I dont even understand this sentence, explain.
AF never fights someone's defense. AF can only bomb it.
Please dont confuse defense (defense soldiers/weapons) with SAMs

kingkongfan1 wrote:Kong has read thru the above & still doesn't know "HOW" a player with 0 air force action can damage Kongs 1) fighters, 2) bombers, 3) heli's? are you saying that a players regular defense will fend off an airstrike? if so why invest in sams?
Your'e asking 2 totally different questions.

First question:
Nothing has been written about how to damage someone's AF without your own AF, sabotage can become an option (strike missions would be stupid since enemy AF would just fly/move away)

Second question, the text in red:
Defense cannot fend off an airstrike, they can't even touch them, you will not kill a single heli/bomber/fighter with your defense soldiers.

I would like to know how to came to that conclusion/where did you see me write anything about that, we're all talking in circles, so if I would be capable of understanding your train of thought, I might be able to adjust what I'm writing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 am

Admin wrote:
I would like to know how to came to that conclusion/where did you see me write anything about that, we're all talking in circles, so if I would be capable of understanding your train of thought, I might be able to adjust what I'm writing

I have come to no conclusion I am asking a question
I have not seen anything posted about it that is why I asked the question

you are correct, we are talking in circles so I will try my question 1 more time in as simple a manner as possible, I will be using SA47 & myself in an example. please do not try to "read" anything into my question just take what is posted...

SA47 has 0 air force action (no sams, no heli's, no bombers, no fighters, no munitions.) do you understand this much so far?

KingKongfan1 has a 200,000,000,000 air force action (100,000,000,000 in sams & munitions... 100,000,000,000 in the rest) understand this part?

Kong flies an air mission over SA47 & destroys whatever Kong can, (weapons factories, training facilities, income units, etc, etc,etc...) I hope I have not lost you yet, stay with me

here is the question...

how much of my air force did I lose in the above attack against a player with no Air force action?

I understand the loss of munitions, but imo I shouldn't lose any of my fighters, bombers, or heli's in the attack due to SA47 not having any air force action...

you said previously that there wouldn't be any free kills, that is what prompted this question...
IMO the acct without an air force action should be treated as a zero defense acct when attacking it with ones air force, & no losses should be sustained by the attacker in the attack
I sincerely hope I have written this out in a manner that you can understand, if not please go step by step & show me where I lost you & I'll try to explain it better, tho I'll be honest I'm not sure how to explain this any simplier, sorry
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:37 am

Admin wrote:
Nomad wrote:Its horrible in so many ways.
Highly useful comment, thank you for saying what appears to be horrible

here is what is "horrible" IMO

1, cost,,, the cost to build an AF is astronomical to begin with, not to mention I had to build 3 different con yards before even starting on AF itself,( it is not gonna be that much of an issue for us "older, better built" accts, but new players are gonna catch hell)

2, IMO no (extended) war will ever be fought with air force, as the build cost is prohibitive, but most certainly the REbuild cost & the time needed to rebuild is even more prohibitive. (anyone who has done any building or rebuilding on test knows what I am talking about)

3, the costs for the items in the conyard that will become "destroyable" need to have a static, (fixed) cost, or else it will soon become to expensive to rebuild what has been destroyed...

4, if I cannot expect to do better than to lose as much as I destroy in an air force attack on my enemies, then I would never build more than a massive sams defense, & go in with my strike, spies, & assassins. (I understand all about higher research levels doing more damage, but what happens when 2 players go at each other, both having gen6 air force & munitions? still comes down to losing as much as is destroyed)

I have no solutions for the above, I am just stating my opinion...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm

I still can not do anything in test, no training, trading, nor attacking.

We have asked multiple times now a very basic question Martin.

What happens when player A, who has NO AF/has had their AF oed by being attacked or loss of munitions, is attacked by player B who has a fully stocked AF?

You continue to state over and over that both will lose the exact same amount adjusted only by the differences in levels/generations or 10% difference per level.

We keep asking how ground forces can kill the same amount of AF as AF can kill of ground forces.

I do not know any simpler way to put it.

As for specifics about how horrible the system is.

1. Its RA all over again, Why you dont just turn the game over to Kenzu to finish ruining and be done with it is beyond me. It makes NO sense to remove size of army from an equation. It makes no sense to remove the "win/lose" from a battle and the change in losses that come from it. It makes no sense to make an attack that can be fully realized to a tee without EVER pressing a button.

2. More specificly, As RA is set up it does not matter if you sens 10 against 10, or 10 against 100, or 10 agains 1,000,000 it doesnt effect the loses and that is stupid. All it does is negate all the units and the trillions of kewal invested in them as it takes only the 10 sent against you into the equation. the other 990 or 999,990 are for not and useless. It removes building more low level weapons to counter the strength od better techs on someone else.

3. Why does winning or losing a battle no longer matter? Another "variable" removed from the game that adds nothing from its death but takes away so much. Seems every single AF attack can be predefined with certinty so the end result is know to the tee before the battle begins. If you honestly consider what your doing, This will do nothing more then polarize the game more because it will definitely push the game more into a state of all power lies in numbers and most active. Underlieing issues are what happens when everyone is level 6? Everyone will be EXACTLY the same, and everyone will lose EXACTLY the same so whats the point? the high cost makes it mostly useless other then a first strike feature, and it will be used as a group against a few because for 1 on 1 combat it is in fact USELESS.

As I told you in the beginning of this venture. this idea, and your territory idea has been used in no less then 3 games I know of and have played. It has failed in all three. Yes you are taking a different path, but sadly its a path even more destructive to the game than the others were.

If you still can not understand the question about AF vs no AF PM me a time and day maybe we can get on chat. I do not feel I am able to express it properly on forums. It is just a communication issue I think we can clarify in a chat.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 pm

Nomad wrote:I still can not do anything in test, no training, trading, nor attacking.
every single action has worked for me

We have asked multiple times now a very basic question Martin.

What happens when player A, who has NO AF/has had their AF oed by being attacked or loss of munitions, is attacked by player B who has a fully stocked AF?
I'll repeat myself, again. The same thing happens as when someone goes hunt your assassins when you have ZERO defense action. Attacker proceeds to destroy his intended target and loses no units whatsoever

You continue to state over and over that both will lose the exact same amount adjusted only by the differences in levels/generations or 10% difference per level.
Which is exactly what happens, and I also stated over and over that right NOW generations dont make a difference, and was asking whether to put flat bonus or generation based or whatever

We keep asking how ground forces can kill the same amount of AF as AF can kill of ground forces.
Ground forces dont kill shit. Read my posts, I stated over and over that attacker uses munition to destroy ground forces.
Are you aware that to build this munition costs something? and using it amounts to losing some kuwal value? and losing the same kuwal value in munition as you kill kuwal value in weapons or factories or whatever ends up as a 1:1 kill ratio?

I do not know any simpler way to put it.
Neither do I, I am sorry about that

As for specifics about how horrible the system is.

1. Its RA all over again, Why you dont just turn the game over to Kenzu to finish ruining and be done with it is beyond me. It makes NO sense to remove size of army from an equation. It makes no sense to remove the "win/lose" from a battle and the change in losses that come from it. It makes no sense to make an attack that can be fully realized to a tee without EVER pressing a button.
I disagree, see below
Also how is win/loss removed, when did it exist in battles in the first place?
An assault mission was never about winning or losing?
What is winning or losing in the first place? (if you answer "bigger power" then see point 3)

2. More specificly, As RA is set up it does not matter if you sens 10 against 10, or 10 against 100, or 10 agains 1,000,000 it doesnt effect the loses and that is stupid. All it does is negate all the units and the trillions of kewal invested in them as it takes only the 10 sent against you into the equation. the other 990 or 999,990 are for not and useless. It removes building more low level weapons to counter the strength od better techs on someone else.
You have seriously not tried to do even a single mission against someone who has an airforce.
I send 1k Bombers vs your 200 Sams. I'll destroys tons more than you will

3. Why does winning or losing a battle no longer matter? Another "variable" removed from the game that adds nothing from its death but takes away so much. Seems every single AF attack can be predefined with certinty so the end result is know to the tee before the battle begins. If you honestly consider what your doing, This will do nothing more then polarize the game more because it will definitely push the game more into a state of all power lies in numbers and most active. Underlieing issues are what happens when everyone is level 6? Everyone will be EXACTLY the same, and everyone will lose EXACTLY the same so whats the point? the high cost makes it mostly useless other then a first strike feature, and it will be used as a group against a few because for 1 on 1 combat it is in fact USELESS.
1) when did winning or losing a battle ever matter? it's a load in the first place because that means whoever builds a bigger force wins and hence will KEEP winning
2) see point above

As I told you in the beginning of this venture. this idea, and your territory idea has been used in no less then 3 games I know of and have played. It has failed in all three. Yes you are taking a different path, but sadly its a path even more destructive to the game than the others were.

If you still can not understand the question about AF vs no AF PM me a time and day maybe we can get on chat. I do not feel I am able to express it properly on forums. It is just a communication issue I think we can clarify in a chat.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 am

Anyone else having issues? I still can not spy, trade, and the att buttons are removed. I also can not attempt to use gold, so is it just me?

so if you kill the same amount as you lose then if you get a better ration for normal ground on ground attacks then its not very useful then right? Its only useful to those who have a negative kill ratio?

I just do not get you. You state over and over you lose an = amount as you kill. Period. next breath you say you kill far more then you lose. I dont get it.

Either way hopefully you will get the attacks out there to be tested and get the bugs worked out.

*edit*
I have always been under the impression that winning vs being repelled made a difference on the loss ratio. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that has always been my impression.

*another edit*
So what "cost" are taken into account to determine how many units and weapons are killed in ground forces with AF?

Example is it
150,000 training
375,000 unit cost
522,000 weapon cost
or
150,000 training
522,000 weapon cost
or
522,000 weapon cost

(example uses 375,000 unit cost as example, not set price, i assume it would use the GM value at the time of attacks, and with MA with a weapon cost of 522,000)

presently generation 2 helicopter missles cost 12,000,000 with a power of 538,000. So how many defense UU and weapons will 10 fired munitions kill?

Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:09 pm

Nomad wrote:Anyone else having issues? I still can not spy, trade, and the att buttons are removed. I also can not attempt to use gold, so is it just me?

so if you kill the same amount as you lose then if you get a better ration for normal ground on ground attacks then its not very useful then right? Its only useful to those who have a negative kill ratio?

I just do not get you. You state over and over you lose an = amount as you kill. Period. next breath you say you kill far more then you lose. I dont get it.
He didn't make himself clear, but he meant that you lose the same amount of airforce ACTION as you kill. Obviously with better techs you can reach equal airforce action cheaper.

Either way hopefully you will get the attacks out there to be tested and get the bugs worked out.

*edit*
I have always been under the impression that winning vs being repelled made a difference on the loss ratio. If I'm wrong I'm wrong but that has always been my impression.

*another edit*
So what "cost" are taken into account to determine how many units and weapons are killed in ground forces with AF?

Example is it
150,000 training
375,000 unit cost
522,000 weapon cost
or
150,000 training
522,000 weapon cost
or
522,000 weapon cost

(example uses 375,000 unit cost as example, not set price, i assume it would use the GM value at the time of attacks, and with MA with a weapon cost of 522,000)

presently generation 2 helicopter missles cost 12,000,000 with a power of 538,000. So how many defense UU and weapons will 10 fired munitions kill?

At 375.000 uu price 1 soldier with 1 mobile artillery costs:
uu price + training + weapon
375k+150k+522k=1047k

Gen 1 missiles cost 10.000.000
If you fire 1000 missiles, it will cost you 10.000.000.000 in munition and you will destroy
10.000.000.000/1.047.000= 9551 soldiers with mobile artillery

You mention 12.000.000 per missile, that's generation 2 missiles (they are 10% more efficient than generation 1 missiles)

Gen 2 missiles cost 12.000.000
If you fire 1000 gen2 missiles, it will cost you 12.000.000.000 in munition and you will destroy
12.000.000.000*1,1/1.047.000= 12607 soldiers with mobile artillery

Last generation are gen 6 missiles, they cost 20.000.000 per missile and are 50% more efficient than gen 1 missiles

Gen 6 missiles cost 20.000.000
If you fire 1000 gen6 missiles, it will cost you 20.000.000.000 in munition and you will destroy
20.000.000.000*1,5/1.047.000= 28653 soldiers with mobile artillery

This means that with better missiles you need less helicopters to do the same amount of damage and it will cost you less to destroy a certain army.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:21 pm

I DID state it was gen 2 if you re read it Kenzu, so will you please now answer the question asked?

How did you come to the figure of 12,607 soilders with MA?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:36 am

Nomad wrote:I DID state it was gen 2 if you re read it Kenzu, so will you please now answer the question asked?

value of weapons used * technology (+10% per level, starting at 100% for level 1) / value of 1 soldier with 1 weapon.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:31 am

Kenzu wrote:
Nomad wrote:I DID state it was gen 2 if you re read it Kenzu, so will you please now answer the question asked?

value of weapons used * technology (+10% per level, starting at 100% for level 1) / value of 1 soldier with 1 weapon.

*Sigh*
Please define "value of 1 soilder"

Is it the GM value at the time of attacks?
Or what?

(Around and around the mulberry bush)

Last edited by Nomad on Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed question)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:02 pm

Attack Ground Forces
5 Attack Turns / 8 Supply Turns needed

Attack Airforce with Helicopters

Attack Airforce with Bombers

Attack Training Facilities / Weapon Factories

Attack Airforce Factories (SAM, Aircraft, Munition)

I am just a bit confused so please help me understand. I thought Helicopters were used on ground forces?
I thought bombers were used only on land objects such as buildings and SAM's

The descriptions above sound as tho helicopters and bombers are used to shoot down enemy fighters, helicopters, and bombers?

! additional question will AF and ground attacks always be seperate? or will there one day be a button to lets say,,,,,,,,,,, do an assault backed up by your air force?(assault and destruction are the only two I think would benifit from it, if any would)
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Nomad wrote:
Attack Ground Forces

I am just a bit confused so please help me understand. I thought Helicopters were used on ground forces?

The descriptions above sound as tho helicopters and bombers are used to shoot down enemy fighters, helicopters, and bombers?
Enemy helicopters and bombers are not always in the air.
So helis and bombers never shoot DOWN anything, they shoot AT ground stuff

And both helis and bombers being allowed to bomb airforce was done for both balance reasons and because it'd be hard to justify allowing only one of them to attack it while denying the other
Nomad wrote:
! additional question will AF and ground attacks always be seperate? or will there one day be a button to lets say,,,,,,,,,,, do an assault backed up by your air force?(assault and destruction are the only two I think would benifit from it, if any would)
This one was never intended to exist in the first place, so no
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Nomad wrote:
Attack Ground Forces

Yes correct. That these 2 sentences as the base of your assumption and add that fighting airforce can be done with helis and bombers too for better gameplay.

The descriptions should be improved
Helis and bombers attack only air units that remain in hangars (hostile helis and hostile bombers), after they have defeated SAMs
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I understand what your saying for the most part but now it addes a new question, well 2 actually.

1. I thought blowing up hangers blew up the item in the hanger? Is this still true? It seems to me this is a way to damage the AF without having to 0 the sams/defense which is fine. Just asking.

2. Will there be an attack where you launch every part of your AF? I mean now it appears every unit is acting seperately except for attacking ground forces. That one uses 2 units.

I agree a bit better descriptions are needed Kenzu.

And Thanks Admin
This one was never intended to exist in the first place, so no

Also, I think its just a bit of confusion in terms, but I thought bombardment was for attacking income? Or will it say your income was bombarded instead of your AF was bombarded?

Glad to see everything released guys.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next