Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

limited attacks released

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

limited attacks released - Page 2 Empty Re: limited attacks released

Post by Manleva Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:22 am

Attack Ground Forces
5 Attack Turns / 8 Supply Turns needed

Attack Airforce with Helicopters

Attack Airforce with Bombers

Attack Training Facilities / Weapon Factories

Attack Airforce Factories (SAM, Aircraft, Munition)

While I understand that it is possible to target enemy aircraft if they are on the ground I would question then need to provide two separate options one for Helicopters and another for for Bombers. The only reason I can see for this would be around balancing AT and ST usage. I would have thought that it would have been better to have one option to Attack Airforce and then give the player the option to choose what units to use, Helicopters, Bombers or Both (if both were selected the cost could be 10AT and 16ST if necessary.

I will also assume that all missions will include the use of Fighters - This needs to be clarified.

The other big question is when and if we will see any further improvements with Spying. Currently all we are getting are total Airforce Action. This provides no worthwhile intelligence when considering attack options as it includes the power of units that will not be involved in the combat. As it is at the moment we will be attacking blindly and that would be an act of utter stupidity.

The only concern I have at this time is related to the expense. Building any Airforce is going to be an expensive exercise which means that new players will be exposed for some time. While there is a cost to the attacker it is not really that great for the more established players. I think that there needs to be some option created for small players to create some form of defense even if it is only a token defense. I think that players who cannot afford the current costs will quickly become disillusioned and leave if they are subjected to attacks which they cannot defend against in any manner. It is more a matter of perception, when you are small you expect to suffer losses when being attacked but you also expect to be able to build some defense that will cause some damage and you don't care what the cost to the attacker is.

I have also noted Nomads question about combined Airforce and Ground attacks and the response. This raises the question of Ground Forces against Airforce. I can see no realistic reason why some are not possible. Spies should be able to target both Mumitions, SAMS and Aircraft that are on the Ground or in Hangers and likewise Strike Soldiers should also be able to Target all units that are on the Ground. Mobile Artillery amd MBT against SAMS is obvious and realistic just as a Rocket Launcher is against a Helicopter in the air or a Fighter or Bomber is on the Ground. If it's fair for Air units to attack Ground Units then it's fair for Ground Units to Target Air Units in realistic situations.

Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:49 am

I would like to see the option to send fighters, bombers, and helicopters all at once, instead of having to send bombers and heli's seperately with fighters in tow. Just a suggestion.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 pm

I'll adress some issues, if I miss some, remind me:

- Attacking airforce with helis or bombers (2 separate options) are done for 2 reasons. One is balance so whichever you build you can attack airforce. Second is practicality because all missions share one code (the parts that are identical) and it makes the system easier to understand knowing you always send only one type.

- All missions "use" fighters. Defender has the option to not defend with fighters (see options available in starport page)

- Spying will get updated, I am not sure yet how, because it would make it screwed up clogged up if it also had to display all further info like factories/hangars/airforce/munition/new techs (yes I do think factories should now become spyable so you see their production)

- Damage formula has been updated. If you use more advanced bombs, you will get a better kill ratio on your missions. 10% per level improvement, giving you up to a 150% kill rate with Gen 6 munition. (this has already applied to fights before you reached your target, but now it also applies to the target dmg itself, so Gen 3 bombs vs factories means you will have a 120% kill ratio)

- There will be 2 more techs linked to the airforce. Something like digging in and fortification. It will have 5 levels and will allow players to negate the damage bonus one can have with the higher levels of munition

- If you have tested the "attack airforce" mission you would have noticed that you only destroy hangars and aircraft. I intend to add a sabotage option to destroy munitions (100% certain). Adding an option to sabotage aircraft would make sense obviously too.

- It would also make sense to add an option to destroy airforce with your normal ground troops, but it's kinda weird since normally you would simply launch your aircraft and move them elsewhere. SAMs could be considered to get destroyed though
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:02 am

Admin wrote:I'll adress some issues, if I miss some, remind me:

- Attacking airforce with helis or bombers (2 separate options) are done for 2 reasons. One is balance so whichever you build you can attack airforce. Second is practicality because all missions share one code (the parts that are identical) and it makes the system easier to understand knowing you always send only one type.

- All missions "use" fighters. Defender has the option to not defend with fighters (see options available in starport page)

- Spying will get updated, I am not sure yet how, because it would make it screwed up clogged up if it also had to display all further info like factories/hangars/airforce/munition/new techs (yes I do think factories should now become spyable so you see their production)

- Damage formula has been updated. If you use more advanced bombs, you will get a better kill ratio on your missions. 10% per level improvement, giving you up to a 150% kill rate with Gen 6 munition. (this has already applied to fights before you reached your target, but now it also applies to the target dmg itself, so Gen 3 bombs vs factories means you will have a 120% kill ratio)

- There will be 2 more techs linked to the airforce. Something like digging in and fortification. It will have 5 levels and will allow players to negate the damage bonus one can have with the higher levels of munition

- If you have tested the "attack airforce" mission you would have noticed that you only destroy hangars and aircraft. I intend to add a sabotage option to destroy munitions (100% certain). Adding an option to sabotage aircraft would make sense obviously too.

- It would also make sense to add an option to destroy airforce with your normal ground troops, but it's kinda weird since normally you would simply launch your aircraft and move them elsewhere. SAMs could be considered to get destroyed though

Don't take this as a smart ass remark, it is not. It is an honest question.
If all the weapons are made to be able to strike everything, why not get rid of the multiple weapons? Why have heli's and bombers? Why not just let 1 weapon do both? Seems to me bombers and helis are redundant and just forces you to build and maintain 2 seperate weapons?

Seems you could simplify 4 classes down to 2 or 3
Sams are defensive
Fighters are defensive and offensive
heli's/bombers are offensive

or you could simplify it more to
Sams = defense
Tactical fighter = offense

Thanks for updating spying

Thanks for damage update

Then what is the point of upgrading ammunitions if they can be negated? isnt that a waste of about 19 trill kewal? I'm just a little lost on that. Will it be like the realm alert of something and drain income? or what?

Sabbing,,,TBH I am starting to feel the entire AF update is just a fancy way to spend trillions in kewal and not change anything in the game in the long run.

As for destroying AF with ground troops it does not seem weird to me. I mean thats what surface to air missiles are for. Not to mention troops breaching the perimiter of a camp can generally get to grounded aircraft before they can launch.

I think ground troops should be weak against AF in a killing ratio, but still effective.

Me personally, I am loosing the grasp of the need or usefulness of the AF all together. When it started out it would "add to the kill ratio" of standard attacks. Now it has turned into "You must spent 19 trill kewal to have your bonus negated by a tech and then only be able to kill an exact same identical amount as you lose". I am struggling to understand the benifit AF even offers anymore other then something to funnel kewal into.

I do not mean it to come across harsh, just being honest.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:05 pm

You will need higher level of bombers/helis so that when you attack someone, you dont get whooped by enemy's higher level SAMs

You will need higher level fighters so that your aircraft doesn't get whooped by enemy higher level fighters when you attack them

That's why you will need higher levels of techs
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:05 am

so will the negation of the attack forces advantage effect in a negative in any way? Such as realm alert does?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:14 pm

Manleva wrote:
Attack Ground Forces

While I understand that it is possible to target enemy aircraft if they are on the ground I would question then need to provide two separate options one for Helicopters and another for for Bombers. The only reason I can see for this would be around balancing AT and ST usage. I would have thought that it would have been better to have one option to Attack Airforce and then give the player the option to choose what units to use, Helicopters, Bombers or Both (if both were selected the cost could be 10AT and 16ST if necessary.

Why click two times if with two options you only need to click once?

I will also assume that all missions will include the use of Fighters - This needs to be clarified.

You are right with both things

The other big question is when and if we will see any further improvements with Spying. Currently all we are getting are total Airforce Action. This provides no worthwhile intelligence when considering attack options as it includes the power of units that will not be involved in the combat. As it is at the moment we will be attacking blindly and that would be an act of utter stupidity.

Yes, spying will be improved and will give you all important data on enemy airforce.

The only concern I have at this time is related to the expense. Building any Airforce is going to be an expensive exercise which means that new players will be exposed for some time. While there is a cost to the attacker it is not really that great for the more established players. I think that there needs to be some option created for small players to create some form of defense even if it is only a token defense. I think that players who cannot afford the current costs will quickly become disillusioned and leave if they are subjected to attacks which they cannot defend against in any manner. It is more a matter of perception, when you are small you expect to suffer losses when being attacked but you also expect to be able to build some defense that will cause some damage and you don't care what the cost to the attacker is.

There will be a tech that you can updrade to make your training facilities and factories better resistant to air strikes and another tech which makes your ground troops more resistant to air strikes. This will decrease the effectiveness of missions against players who dont have airforce and small players will benefit from these techs a lot.

I have also noted Nomads question about combined Airforce and Ground attacks and the response. This raises the question of Ground Forces against Airforce. I can see no realistic reason why some are not possible. Spies should be able to target both Mumitions, SAMS and Aircraft that are on the Ground or in Hangers and likewise Strike Soldiers should also be able to Target all units that are on the Ground. Mobile Artillery amd MBT against SAMS is obvious and realistic just as a Rocket Launcher is against a Helicopter in the air or a Fighter or Bomber is on the Ground. If it's fair for Air units to attack Ground Units then it's fair for Ground Units to Target Air Units in realistic situations.

Your reasoning is reasonable. How about we first get airforce working and revisit this issue later once airforce is properly working?

Nomad wrote:I would like to see the option to send fighters, bombers, and helicopters all at once, instead of having to send bombers and heli's seperately with fighters in tow. Just a suggestion.

This would be the best option and I support it fully! It would make everything easier if you dont need to bother what to send and automatically send everything.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Manleva Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Kenzu wrote:
Manleva wrote:
Attack Ground Forces

Why click two times if with two options you only need to click once?
Additional clicks are not that much of an issue if they provide you with more attack options. In this case you also combine two options that target the same thing into one and would gain more space on the screen. I will also add that the whole attack screen for the Airforce needs to be updated. I think it is rather pointless to be displaying the attackers geound forces actions and units when they are not even used. It should be displaying all of your Airforce stats instead. Also don't see any point in Ecenomic Unit stats being displayed at all as they are not relevant to combat

You are right with both things

Yes, spying will be improved and will give you all important data on enemy airforce.
This needs to be a priority

There will be a tech that you can updrade to make your training facilities and factories better resistant to air strikes and another tech which makes your ground troops more resistant to air strikes. This will decrease the effectiveness of missions against players who dont have airforce and small players will benefit from these techs a lot.

While that is good I still believe that a new player need to have the ability to cause some losses to the attacker. As I said people don't really care what it cost's the attacker to make their attacks, they care about the results from their point of view. People would rather know that they can fairly quickly build some defense that will cause the attacker to suffer some losses no matter how small or ineffectual they are. Techs that will cut you losses when being attacked are fine but the downside with them is that it means what you invest in them is not invested in other areas. One way around this is to increase income which seems fair as the cost to account will be increasing.

Your reasoning is reasonable. How about we first get airforce working and revisit this issue later once airforce is properly working?

Yes, some things can be revisited at a later date if they will enhance or expand on the initial implementation however the initial implementation must cover all of the bases otherwise it will be seen as incomplete, unbalanced and unfair. Given the time that it has taken to get to the stage we currently are at many would perceive it as just another nail in the coffin.

Nomad wrote:I would like to see the option to send fighters, bombers, and helicopters all at once, instead of having to send bombers and heli's seperately with fighters in tow. Just a suggestion.

This would be the best option and I support it fully! It would make everything easier if you dont need to bother what to send and automatically send everything.

Actually I would rather go in the opposite direction and have more control over exactly what is sent and how many units I send both in airforce and existing combat options. Why send 1 million units against 10,000 when 100,000 will do the job just as effectively
Manleva
Manleva
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : 999
Alliance : TMI
Number of posts : 659
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:51 pm

Please define
the damage bonus one can have with the higher levels of munition

The reason I am asking is this. I think it means the % of efficency difference that appears when different types of ammunition are used by 2 opposing forces, such as a gen 4 attacking a gen 2. If this is the case then I must ask,,,,

If a defender simply buy the highest level of SAM does this not also do the same thing since their is no stronger munition and therefore there can be no higher % avalible to the attacker?

Ultimately wouldnt maxing out every class do what these "techs" are designed to do?

So it beggs the question, isnt spending funds on them just slowing you down from maxing all the weapon classes out and therefore no longer needing these "techs"

just asking. I can see them as temperary crutches for those slow building and new, and if that is the resoning thats fine. just looking at it from all angles is all.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2