Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limited alliance places

+2
reaper
Smog
6 posters

Go down

Limited alliance places Empty Limited alliance places

Post by Smog Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:22 pm

I just saw how people reacted when they found out about The Imperium. I was thinking that empires are a good thing, and for that, places in alliances should be limited. Like 30 places in an alliance. This would lead to more alliances being founded and empires with them. And this would reduce the risk of one alliance monopolizing the game.

Last edited by Smog on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Limited alliance places Empty Re: Limited alliance places

Post by reaper Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:33 pm

i like this idear and like to see it placed in the game 30 seems a good alliance size and we do need more alliance in game
reaper
reaper
Aderan Soldier
Aderan Soldier

ID : 13
Alliance : Leader of The Company
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:55 pm

creating artificial limits will make no difference to the sizes of alliances, esp if i add the empires thingy

then alliances will just add more subdivisions but total membersize will remain the same
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:00 pm

in the case of a war wich excludes the empire, the odds would become more even than the present ones+it would help avoiding everyone having the whole server at peace, with few exceptions, wich is the tendency atm.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:39 pm

with artificial limits we will end up that major alliances will have a main alliance a training alliance and allied alliances, which actually will be lead by members of the main alliance.

But I agree we should make incentives for players to found more alliances and also for players to join small alliances.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:48 am

I think it is the alliance leaders responsibility to control their membership, and not over weigh their ranks. It can be detramental to the health of the game, and yes we need more and new alliances springing up, the more the merrier.

I agree with admin tho, artificial alliances are useless as you can always add another alliance to a empire.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Vance Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:37 am

Actually, how about making official Empires?

E.g.

Alliance 1 and 2 like eachother very much. Alliance leader 1 invites leader 2 to an Empire. Now, all leaders of this Empire (for example, all alliance leaders) could be able to send mass messages to the entire empire, but also to their alliance.

This would give more real shape to empires, and would allow for better coordination!

Who would be in charge of these 'real' empires? Well, I guess the fairest idea would be to have all the leaders of the different alliances have the same rank in the empire, and should have the same powers that concern the entire empire (like mass messages, for instance). Also, for the alliancewide decisions (like kicking out an entire alliance) there should be a vote between the leaders. This means that these leaders would form a council, that's cool, right? Each alliance (faction) leader should, however, be responsible for the recruitment and so on of his ówn alliance (faction).

So, the main advantage is the improved coordination for empires, as well as adding some more politics to the game!
Vance
Vance
Mercenary
Mercenary

ID : Vance
Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:50 am

Admin
Admin