Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prices going up

+5
Nimras
seaborgium
curumo
kingkongfan1
Kenzu
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Prices going up - Page 2 Empty Re: Prices going up

Post by Admin Sun May 29, 2011 7:46 pm

Nomad wrote:There is no way to justify two guys walking down a market street who stop at the same vender and get charged 2 totally different rates.
Sorry I have trouble understanding.
Are you comparing Broker with GM? Because in that case you're not stopping at the same vendor.
The first case someone comes to your house and you have the choice of not trading with that person.
The latter you give your resources to a professional trader and let him find a buyer for your resources, the buyer is never in contact with you.

Nomad wrote:You have yet to give a valid explination as to why you will not allow trade at the exact same rate for know traders and unknown. How can it possibly be exploited if the trade still effects PTR? What reason is there for not allowing it other then stubborn pride? Give me something to understand your line of thinking other then stopping trade between friends, and forcing you to sell to someone to use those resources against you.
95% of the trades on the GM are from people who are in alliances (ok, no suprise there) out of 146 offers.
I consider it stubborn pride this "trading with enemies". Since you could be easily doing profit off your enemies thereby weakening them.
So if you make a profit and they make a loss, how can they use anything against you. If they dont trade they will have more resources then.

Is my assumption wrong that with creating a closed GM, the public GM will stop being used because everyone will just trade within the alliance (or shrink to a nonexistent amount)?
I am almost certain that I've already stated this somewhere that the GM would dry out since everyone would just start their protectionism and only trade within small groups.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun May 29, 2011 10:36 pm

So those who dont want to trade with an enemy are charged a higher rate then. Thats all you have to say. Just admit that is the way it is designed and ment to be. Its not that hard.

Knowing your trade partner effects your PTR where GM does not.

If they offers on GM are better, or even the same then people will still use it over a "known trader" trade system.

You seem to fail to understand the smaller the trade circle, the fewer resources there are to trade. People will still go outside their circles to trade when there is nothing they need in their circle, or the quanity is not enough to support them.

I would say lets atleast try it in a round of Evolutions or test server, but I doubt it will ever rise again anymore TBH.

But atleast you finally have had the backbone to say it finally. The PTR effect and the % cost is a double penalty put in place to attempt to force you to trade with people you don't want to.

I'll stop bugging you about it now, and just accept trading in this game is dead to me as a player by my own means and standards.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon May 30, 2011 1:26 am

Nomad wrote:So those who dont want to trade with an enemy are charged a higher rate then. Thats all you have to say. Just admit that is the way it is designed and ment to be. Its not that hard.

If they offers on GM are better, or even the same then people will still use it over a "known trader" trade system.

You seem to fail to understand the smaller the trade circle, the fewer resources there are to trade. People will still go outside their circles to trade when there is nothing they need in their circle, or the quanity is not enough to support them.

I would say lets atleast try it in a round of Evolutions or test server, but I doubt it will ever rise again anymore TBH.

But atleast you finally have had the backbone to say it finally. The PTR effect and the % cost is a double penalty put in place to attempt to force you to trade with people you don't want to.

I'll stop bugging you about it now, and just accept trading in this game is dead to me as a player by my own means and standards.

Agreed...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Last edited by Void on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Nomad wrote:So those who dont want to trade with an enemy are charged a higher rate then. Thats all you have to say. Just admit that is the way it is designed and ment to be. Its not that hard.

Agreed bad bad admin

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 pm

Void wrote:I happy with the prices going up, because I can sell the extra supply turns in the market, for a higher value. Bought me the levels 11 in spy and assassin skills with this method.

You should use most ST yourself to raid untrained. That's the easiest and most profitable way to grow.
Of course if ST are at maximum even though you used all attack turns, then selling some won't do harm.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Void wrote:I happy with the prices going up, because I can sell the extra supply turns in the market, for a higher value. Bought me the levels 11 in spy and assassin skills with this method.

you are new to the game & will soon learn it is a mistake to ever sell supply turns... well unless you have no plans on going to war, or defending yourself from attack, or farm/raid, been there done that, I do not care to repeat that mistake...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Keinutnai Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:43 am

But if you have ST maxed out after using all AT an no more are produced then it's a good idea to sell one batch.

of course, never sell ST, if you have less than 2000 of them.
Keinutnai
Keinutnai
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : World Republic
Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2011-04-08

Back to top Go down

Post by curumo Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:55 am

Not even if you have 2 k Wink

Then best you can do is keep them at 1500 (if you can, lol) and raid 500 periodically Wink

curumo
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:29 pm

you can have more then 2k haha

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:44 pm

Last edited by Void on Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:11 pm

Maybe instead of farming you should raid.
Takes less time and you make more profit.

You can raid 2000-2500 uu easily. UU has a value of 385k now. This means that by raiding your empire grows by 770-962 million
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Void Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:19 pm

Void
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker