Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

purge all accounts under 50k total size

+2
ghyogod
Mystake
6 posters

Go down

purge all accounts under 50k total size Empty purge all accounts under 50k total size

Post by Mystake Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:12 am

if it hasn't been logged into in a couple months and is under 50k, please delete the accounts and clean the game up a bit.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

ID : 12
Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2011-01-02

Back to top Go down

purge all accounts under 50k total size Empty Re: purge all accounts under 50k total size

Post by ghyogod Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:08 am

if income is above zero or his up is above 0 they simply become inactive farms. would deleting inactive accounts attract more players?

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 6311
Alliance : Mujengan
Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2011-01-07

Back to top Go down

purge all accounts under 50k total size Empty Re: purge all accounts under 50k total size

Post by Kenzu Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 am

no, quite the opposite.

Analysis shows that when new players decide if they want to register, or if they want to continue playing after their first log in, one of the factors they take into account is the number of registered players (by looking on the number of players in the battlefield).

Obviously number of inactives shouldn't matter to a player as it doesn't give a hint about anything. Nevertheless, those, who were part of the study seemed to care, and for all of those who cared, higher number was regarded positively, and a smaller number negatively.

Also, it's typical for big games to boast with numbers like these: XXX has already over 1 million registered players/accounts (even though most are obviously inactive). If it would be detrimental for their business, then they wouldn't say it.

PS: You should also consider that the smallest inactives, those who don't have spies and so on are good farms, even though they regenerate slower, especially for fresh players who are too small to train substantial spies. Right now, even with their 10 spies they start with they can see already many targets (especially if they research a couple cheap spy skill levels).
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:54 am

my point exactly Smile

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 am

Well, half your above listed points are complete BS in general. Presently I have to agree with most of them in this situation. This game is still small and young and needs the inactives for farming and raiding. But to say what you said applies across the board is hogwash. Seeing accounts that were NEVER played does not attact new players, it proves the game has weaknesses of some kind. 0 UP accounts are not an assett. And when it comes to attracting experianced players the inactives, and their condition are a signifigant issue.

I say in time yes, do this. Right now is not the time tho.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:51 am

i suggest not deleting, but temporary forced vacation mode, for the inactives. at least the bunch with exactly 3040 population and no income and no up and no activity for months. if they login they become active.

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:05 pm

Now I know we had this discussion elsewhere in these forums & decided it was not a good thing to do for various reasons... btw, you are talking about getting rid of my best farms/raids, so I say no...
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:06 pm

not the farms, knigongfan1, but the ones that are not even farms cause they have no income and no UP.

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Maybe change the starting values for the newer players?

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:33 pm

change the starting values for new players, give them some techs or something and a UP without actually giving them the uu.

also you raid down to 50k?!?! Man, you need to check your figures.

Like, an account with 50k miners does not produce any income worth hitting, and it would takes weeks upon weeks for it to generate ONE profitable hit.

I want those that serve /no/ purpose in this game removed. Hence why I said 50k. Not 100k, not 200k, Not 500k.

50k.

it, make it all those under 10k then. That's still like 80% of the accounts that are under 50k.

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:31 pm

I liked the idea of "seeding" them myself LOL
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:59 am

ghyogod wrote:i suggest not deleting, but temporary forced vacation mode, for the inactives. at least the bunch with exactly 3040 population and no income and no up and no activity for months. if they login they become active.

vacating them will make them dissappear from the rankings, which will make a worse impression for new players.
You can read the results of my case study in my last post again.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Mystake Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:42 pm

ya kenzu

your study is BS lol

all ppl see are TONS of inactive accounts. Seasoned gamers/veteran gamers/hardcore gamers are NOT stupid Smile

Mystake
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:45 am

He thinks they are.

he does 1 test on n00bies, and he knows how the universe ticks Rolling Eyes
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by ghyogod Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:11 am

i suggest a mail reminder of inactivity every few weeks.
if they do not login after a month send them reminder. if after 2 weeks after the reminder they do not login then completely erase their accounts.
@kenzu► studies show that people are stupid. some raise above. have in mind that my suggestion will bring alot more war action to the game, cause u will only farm active players. and keep in mind that i have a big handy-dandy excel list with information about inactives that makes raiding inactive accounts extremely profitable. so my opinion is fair, i guess

ghyogod
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down