Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Army size = total realm population?

+2
r1maru
kingkongfan1
6 posters

Go down

Army size = total realm population? Empty Army size = total realm population?

Post by kingkongfan1 Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:50 pm

Trained attack soldiers = 10
Trained defense soldiers = 10
Trained defense supers = 22,000
Spies = 21,000
Assassins = 21,000
I would consider this to be the sum of my militia. (Army size = 64,020)

untrained = 619
farmers = 28,500
workers = 20,000
miners =25,500
I would consider this to be my civilian population. (74,619)
This would give me a total realm population of = 138,639
This is the number given for my total army size.
does anyone else see a problem with these numbers?
How would this affect a players Administrative Efficiency?
**Please to keep in mind that I still consider myself a noob in this game & I am trying to learn, This was not put forward to cause trouble, just as a topic of debate, I sincerely would like everyones opinion on this**
@Admin, sorry if I stir up a stinkpile. king

do this- on command page, click INCOME, hover over Administrative Efficiency & read the following: If your ARMY size is above the global active average then your realm will suffer an Administrative efficiency penalty. the value you see is the value how much of your maximum income you are really producing... Current global average army size = 978,302.
Now as I see it I'll suffer an A.E. penalty when my total realm population reaches 978,302, instead of when my actual ARMY size reaches this number.

Last edited by kingkongfan1 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : kingkongfan1(98)
Alliance : [The Marauder's Imperium]
Number of posts : 1387
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

Army size = total realm population? Empty Re: Army size = total realm population?

Post by r1maru Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Last edited by r1maru on Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 400
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Army size = total realm population? Empty Re: Army size = total realm population?

Post by Alex Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:32 am

As far as I know, in this game Army size and Total Realm Population are interchangable terms, i.e. Army Size = Total Realm Population, and that it is the number of ALL your UU, your military as well as your income units that affects AE.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:12 am

Last edited by r1maru on Tue May 18, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:30 am

r1maru wrote:
Alex wrote:As far as I know, in this game Army size and Total Realm Population are interchangable terms, i.e. Army Size = Total Realm Population, and that it is the number of ALL your UU, your military as well as your income units that affects AE.

-Alex

then the explaining text from the game sucks, it should be changed in order to avoid confusion

If you specify exactly where the text is leading you wrong, and where you think it should be changed the chance of it being changed will increase dramatically. While your at it, if YOU actually write up the replacement text then I'm sure Admin would be more inclined to do something about it.

I assume you are talking about the fact it says Total Realm Population on the base page, but Army Size on the stats page(s). If you look at yours they should say the same, if they don't, try logging out then logging back in and they should say the same (Sometimes they dont update until you log in.) Mine say the same.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:41 am

I think its just a generic term used since way back in the day when there was no "income/economic" units. Wouldn't hurt to see it re worded.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:35 am

@Alex- check out my origional post again ok, (added a little to it)

@nomad- If your total realm population is above the global active average, then your realm will suffer an Administrative Effeciency penalty.The value you see is the value how much of your maximum income you are really producing... Current global average total realm population size is: 978,302.

How is that for rewording? king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 pm

kingkongfan1 wrote:@Alex- check out my origional post again ok, (added a little to it)

@nomad- If your total realm population is above the global active average, then your realm will suffer an Administrative Effeciency penalty.The value you see is the value how much of your maximum income you are really producing... Current global average total realm population size is: 978,302.

How is that for rewording? king

Not bad for a monkey TBH

LOL J/K
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by r1maru Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Last edited by r1maru on Tue May 18, 2010 6:42 am; edited 1 time in total
r1maru
r1maru
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:25 pm

r1maru wrote:i see no need for me to reword something
any new player that joins the game can see the following

Army Distribution
bla bla

Civilian Units
bla bla

Total Realm Population bla

If your army size is above the global active average then your realm will suffer an administrative penalty, the value you see is the value how much of your maximum income you are really producing
Current Global Average Army size: 1,071,057

i doubt i have to reword something here as it is clear how different terms are being used

I agree with this, this is the whole reason I brought up the subject in the first place. Change the wording?, Change the numbers?, Leave it as is?, I have reached the point where I don't care anymore, It's just a game.
king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:47 pm

it could be simply renamed to: Population and Population Distribution
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:17 pm

It is confusing, and really is completely counterintuitive to consider civillian money making units as part of one's ARMY size.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:56 pm

agreed
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingkongfan1 Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:36 pm

Miglow wrote:It is confusing, and really is completely counterintuitive to consider civillian money making units as part of one's ARMY size.

That was my thoughts when I first placed this post... king
kingkongfan1
kingkongfan1
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down