Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab

+2
Nomad
nobel
6 posters

Go down

Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab Empty Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab

Post by nobel Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:49 pm

I really like the new Farm|Raid|Recon buttons on the Battlefield. Usually when I click on links of any kind I open them in a new tab (so as to keep the previous page alive). I do this by holding down CTRL + Left click, OR by right clicking on the link and selecting "Open in New Tab" from the menu. This is not possible for the Farm|Raid|Recon buttons.

Is there any specific reason why the Farm|Raid|Recon buttons can't be opened in a new tab (perhaps to prevent spamming or abuse?). If not can you please allow them to be opened in a new tab as it is a great convenience.

Thanks,
Nobel

nobel
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 3974
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2010-08-16

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab Empty Re: Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:09 pm

not a bad idea, I support this.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab Empty Re: Battlefield Farm|Raid|Recon opening in New Tab

Post by Admin Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:32 pm

the problem is that what you see is actually a button not a normal link
A button doesn't support opening new tab with a simple mouseclick, because that's how html works.

although I think I might have found something now on the allmighty google about how to work around it.

i can totally see where you're coming from and trust me, had I known how to do it in the first place, i would have done so.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 pm

TY Admin.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by SovietMan Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 am

so that's the reason... it was annoying the **** out of me Very Happy lol usually when im farming inactives i have like 15 tabs open at the same time only for this game... + 10 others lol im the tab master..

SovietMan
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Alliance : Mujengan_(TOC)
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:16 pm

SovietMan wrote:so that's the reason... it was annoying the **** out of me Very Happy lol usually when im farming inactives i have like 15 tabs open at the same time only for this game... + 10 others lol im the tab master..

Me too.
I didn't expect that I won't be able to open them in new tab easily. These buttons will be the most useful when I can easily raid 30 people on one page with 30 clicks.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by seaborgium Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:46 pm

thats the MAIN reason to use a button, bc you can't just open in a new tab.

seaborgium
2nd in Command
2nd in Command

Number of posts : 2551
Registration date : 2009-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:20 pm

seaborgium wrote:thats the MAIN reason to use a button, bc you can't just open in a new tab.
Well, it does allow opening in new tab, problem is that the tab will get focused instead of leaving battlefield page in foreground

There's basically 3 options that are possible:
Simple Link
Button
Javascript

Each has its own problems:
Link: It's an ugly way and I dont like it
Button: As described
Javascript: Microsoft has problems following standards, however the organization responsible for these isn't the brightest type either

I am looking into an javascript/button combo. Button for those who like to play AW with JS turned off.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down