Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Race Balancing

+8
Casshern
Miglow
Nomad
seaborgium
Kenzu
Lord Ishurue
Admin
Vesper
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Race Balancing - Page 2 Empty Re: Race Balancing

Post by Nomad Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:01 am

Vesper wrote:Well I personally support Huala in getting weaker. I have been huala since I started this game. Most people have been. I would think over half of the server is huala right now. Admin can probably figure out these stats more accurately but if I was to estimate I would say 70% of the server is Huala, 25% Kyora, and the rest are either Miraya or Daning. If giving more power to Daning and Miraya gets more people to play them over Huala so be it. That is the ultimate goal here isnt it? Create more diversity on the server?

Is it? Why can't there be diversity in PBP and account set ups? If your goal is to force the use of other races then remove Hualu.

Anyone consider that maybe the bulk of the playerbase just happen to be stratigic players who like the balanced race/account setups? Why not just remove the option to become a race when its the most used or something?

Heck go ahead and make Hualu a specialty race as well and get rid of the "balanced" race all together if thats what your after but stop nerfing it over and over. Make Hualu either an income or UP race or something IDK
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

ID : WORD OF THE DAY
Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
Show Spelled[hi-pok-ruh-see]
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety
3. a pretense of having some desirable or publicly approved attitude.

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2008-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:10 pm

I see nothing wrong with many people picking the balanced race since most people like to be well rounded, but I dont think that balanced race should be equal to any specialized race.

Nomad wrote:Anyone consider that maybe the bulk of the playerbase just happen to be stratigic players who like the balanced race/account setups? Why not just remove the option to become a race when its the most used or something?
It's a simple mathematical equation. People pick the balanced race because their expected benefits are larger than playing for a specialized one.

I'm sure if the specialized races got 50-60% discounts and hualu was left with the current bonuses then many people would ditch being hualu.
All that's left to find is that thin white line where it's good enough.

20% vs 14% isn't good enough. If it were 30 vs 14% then people might reconsider
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:56 am

Please explain that again. I am apparently missing something.

How Hualu equal to Anyone? Hualu are FAR weaker then each specialty race in their specialty field, and barely stronger then them in their non specialty field?
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
2. the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc, contrary to one's real character or actual behavior, esp the pretense of virtue and piety

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:35 am

Nomad wrote:Please explain that again. I am apparently missing something.

How Hualu equal to Anyone? Hualu are FAR weaker then each specialty race in their specialty field, and barely stronger then them in their non specialty field?
Hualu would be "equal" if their bonuses would add up to the same value as the other race's bonuses.
I never said they were equal
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Admin wrote:yes, daning would get discount on attack
miraya discount on defense

No thanks. As I said previously I dont want anymore discounts of any sort. If you want to make someone weaker, you should do it only by making others stronger.

I dont want that this constance weakening will lower personnal bonuses more.

Nomad wrote:

Admin you know its a known fact that strike can grow faster then defense. You NEVER gain anything from a defense, while you gain income from a strike. If you even the strike and def bonuses then its a fact that accounts with exact stats, the defender will lose every time.

Strike gives you income,
Defense prevents your income to be stolen.

Obviously higher defense means you will have more income, because without any defense you would have practically 0 income.

Last edited by Kenzu on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:45 pm

not saying they should get equal discount but weaking them as being proposed is extreme. Would you not agree that not matter what the race a person plays they should be overall taking in to account every aspect of the game equal. Personally i just feel that this eroding of huala unfair to balanced players like myself especially since the main draw was no banking fee but with only 1% banking fee for other races huala maybe not worth it and i would be better off with another race. realistically any changes to race shouldn't make people want to change if they have being playing awhilw as the races overall should balance out
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomad Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 am

Kenzu wrote:
Admin wrote:yes, daning would get discount on attack
miraya discount on defense

No thanks. As I said previously I dont want anymore discounts of any sort. If you want to make someone weaker, you should do it only by making others stronger.
Isn't giving a cost discount the same thing as making someone stronger?
I dont want that this constance weakening will lower personnal bonuses more.

Nomad wrote:

Admin you know its a known fact that strike can grow faster then defense. You NEVER gain anything from a defense, while you gain income from a strike. If you even the strike and def bonuses then its a fact that accounts with exact stats, the defender will lose every time.

Strike gives you income,
Defense prevents your income to be stolen.

Obviously higher defense means you will have more income, because without any defense you would have practically 0 income.
Who do you think makes more total income? Player A, who has a nice defense and survives on his own meger income alone, or player B who actively farms all his AT and ST up daily with a decent strike? **Hitting profitable live accounts whaen avalible and 0 def inactive when no profitable live accounts are ripe**

Point still stands that if two identical accounts compete, the striker/farmer will win every time hands down as he makes more total income every time. If 2 accounts with the exact same bonuses and manning, save one is def and one is strike, if they compete the strike wins every time. Thats why defense needs a slight advantage. Strike is Always online when used, Defense is Rarely online when used. An investment in defense yields a smaller slower return while an investment in strike yields a larger and faster return.
Nomad
Nomad
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Hipocracy
hy·poc·ri·sy
–noun, plural -sies.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:26 am

Revive?

Will there be any balancing of the personal bonus points or anything to be similar to the reset server?
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:56 am

yes it's almost certain, we just need to think about a few things
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vesper Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:54 am

Okay, I was saving up to make some drastic changes to my account when these updates arrived. But now I found something else to waste ridiculous amounts of kuwal on. I am looking forward to when the balancing happens.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm

I say leave the poor races alone they are fine as it is.

Admin i think some of the people asking are asking to get a free race change lol give them that and they stop.

The races are Fine right now i mean the game has runned well for a long time.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2010-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Smog Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:34 pm

Maybe a bonus for the money banked would make Hualu appealing too, considering the changes for other races.
Smog
Smog
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : Mujengan

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-04-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiro Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:41 pm

Smog wrote:Maybe a bonus for the money banked would make Hualu appealing too, considering the changes for other races.
The only problem I see with that is that it is too easy to exploit. Agree with the rest though.

Jiro
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Number of posts : 487
Registration date : 2009-09-24

http://www.aderanwars.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm

No need to NERF Hualu as your planing thats not fair Sad

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Ishurue Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:19 pm

Nimras wrote:No need to NERF Hualu as your planing thats not fair Sad

No need to Nerf Kyora either by weakening the covert bonus point to 1.75% per point Sad .
Lord Ishurue
Lord Ishurue
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance :
Mujengan

The Unlimited Elite Gun Force
Number of posts : 666
Registration date : 2009-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nimras Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:58 am

Lord Ishurue wrote:
Nimras wrote:No need to NERF Hualu as your planing thats not fair Sad

No need to Nerf Kyora either by weakening the covert bonus point to 1.75% per point Sad .

I agree i don't know where all this nerfing comes from either make everything better not worse for the damn races they are pretty much fine as they are.

Nimras
Aderan Spy
Aderan Spy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2