Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system.

+4
Casshern
¤ Angel Slayer
Vesper
ian
8 posters

Go down

Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system. Empty Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system.

Post by ian Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:50 pm

The recent questionnaire prompted me to answer Q 1 with the following:

Probably would remove the system where you can attack without beating the defence, and instead make strike's cheaper & easier to field.....

Or maybe introduce a "combat readiness" system which is based automatically on when you last logged in.

I.e. Below 5hours of logging in - defence fluctuates between 90 - 110% of stated defence power
5 - 6hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 88 - 108% of stated defence power
6 - 7 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 86 - 106% of stated defence power
7 - 8 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 84% - 104% of stated defence power
8 - 9 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 82% of stated defence power
9 - 10 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 80% - 100% of stated defence power
10 - 11 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 78% - 98% of stated defence power
11 - 12 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 78% - 98% of stated defence power
12 - 13 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 78% - 98% of stated defence power
13 - 14 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 78% - 98% of stated defence power
14 - 15 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 76% - 96% of stated defence power
15 - 16 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 74% - 94% of stated defence power
16 - 17 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 72% - 92% of stated defence power
17 - 18 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 70% - 90% of stated defence power
18 - 19 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 68% - 88% of stated defence power
19 - 20 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 66% - 86% of stated defence power
20 - 21 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 64% - 84% of stated defence power
21 - 22 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 62% - 82% of stated defence power
22 - 23 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 60% - 80% of stated defence power
23 - 24 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 58% - 78% of stated defence power
24 - 25 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 56% - 76% of stated defence power
25 - 26 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 54% - 74% of stated defence power
26 - 27 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 52% - 72% of stated defence power
27 - 28 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 50% - 70% of stated defence power
28 - 29 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 48% - 68% of stated defence power
29 - 30 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 46% - 66% of stated defence power
30 - 31 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 44% - 64% of stated defence power
31 - 32 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 42% - 62% of stated defence power
32 - 33 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 40% - 60% of stated defence power
33 - 34 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 38% - 58% of stated defence power
34 - 35 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 36% - 56% of stated defence power
35 - 36 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 34% - 54% of stated defence power
36 - 37 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 32% - 52% of stated defence power
37 - 38 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 30% - 50% of stated defence power
38 - 39 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 28% - 48% of stated defence power
39 - 40 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 26% - 46% of stated defence power
40 - 41 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 24% - 44% of stated defence power
41 - 42 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 22% - 42% of stated defence power
42 - 43 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 20% - 40% of stated defence power
43 - 44 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 18% - 38% of stated defence power
44 - 45 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 16% - 36% of stated defence power
45 - 46 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 14% - 34% of stated defence power
46 - 47 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 12% - 32% of stated defence power
47 - 48 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 10% - 30% of stated defence power
48 - 49 hours from logging in - defence fluctuates between 8% - 28% of stated defence power

This would only apply to attacking & raiding (unless you wanted to make it apply to the other options i.e. assault, as well?)

The above figures would obviously need working on... but it gives a general idea of what I had in mind lol

Those active players (i.e. log in every 10 hours) would not be adversely affected by the above - and if the "take kuwal even when the defence is bigger than strike" update would be removed it means you wouldn't loose active players due to their leaving due to loosing kuwal when their defence wins (and we HAVE lost active player's due to being massively farmed via the increased ability to farm due to the ability to farm kuwal even when the defence wins).

On the other hand - those who "fortify" themselves via building huge defences and then going extended periods without logging in would find themselves able to be farmed due to the reduced combat-readiness of their troops (if their leader & commander no longer visits them regularly, then the military discipline and readiness of the troops would decrease - leading to a dramatic reduction in combat-readiness).

Hopefully we therefore would solve 2 issues:

1.) People having huge defences and not being farmable even when having poor activity (i.e. the main reason the "take kuwal even when defended" update was implemented)
2.) "Active" players will be less likely to be driven from the game due to excessive farming (Made possible by the "take kuwal even when defended" update was implemented to allow inactives with large defences to be made farmable lol)

Just figured I d post it to get some discussion/ thoughts going Smile

Cheers
ian
ian
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Alliance : You get 3 guesses as to which one Razz
Number of posts : 1180
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system. Empty Re: Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system.

Post by Vesper Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:04 pm

This seems to be like what admin intended when he made it possible to hit large defenses with lower strikes. I dont think he likes people being able to arm large defenses and then not getting farmed. I like this idea. I think it along with the update of letting the smaller strikes farm will make it more balanced strike to defense wise.
Vesper
Vesper
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

Alliance : Commonwealth
Number of posts : 518
Registration date : 2009-08-11

Back to top Go down

Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system. Empty Re: Alternative solution to current "strike steals kuwal even when defence wins" system.

Post by ¤ Angel Slayer Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:43 pm

A better alternative would be just mass everyone with a smaller strike and that way you only have big strikes farming you, yeah that sounds like a good idea. Laughing
¤ Angel Slayer
¤ Angel Slayer
Aderan Farmer
Aderan Farmer

ID : 482
Alliance : [ World_Republic_(O) ]
Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-10-21

http://world-republic.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Casshern Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:47 pm

must say on reading it i prefer the system we have,especially as this would make massing a defence cheaper i would feel. Also what about someone whom went on acp and missed the end their def would be down would believe this wouldn't be fair to someone that planned ahead and missed maybe because of power outage or something.
Casshern
Casshern
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FarleShadow Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:17 am

I feel that the current system only needs tweaking.

Perhaps adding in the offensive part of the assault missions, but only for the attackers. (Hit and run minimises risk and profit, normal is normal, counterassault is more losses more profit).

FarleShadow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2009-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by melonhead Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:14 am

this system is not terrible idea but needs massive tweaking..

some people like my self have lives and in life things come up that you cant control, there maybe times when i go on a trip spur of the moment and cant get ppt or or have to work extra shifts, get sick etc. so i try to play defensively. ( and a lot of people don't spend the money for phone internet, and where i live in the Canadian Rockies you go most places you cant get cell service).....so 2 days of not logging in brings my def down to 10 percent? that's crazy talk...
ì like the idea better then the one now but it just needs some better number crunching like maybe 7 days brings you down to 50 percent sounds a little less extreme
melonhead
melonhead
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : Aspire
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Miglow Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:14 pm

I prefer the current system, and I don't see why it should change for what I've seen to be a very vocal but very small minority.

Criticisms & suggestions:
The times are way too short, IMO. The game should be playable by logging in once, maybe twice a day.

In regards to Casshern's concern over council protection, I would suggest that the decrease would be either eliminated or drastically reduced. If people are on protection for a reason, their alertness would not decrease as rapidly.

The same argument works for Realm Alert. So I would think going on realm alert would also reduce or eliminate the rate of decline in defence power.

Something like this may be really cool on the reset server. Not sure I'd like it on the main.

Miglow
Aderan Worker
Aderan Worker

ID : 3224
Alliance : The Black Dragons
Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2010-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:31 am

its an interesting idea but very incomprehensible for players to understand.
Especially if they should figure out how much defense will there be.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down