Aderan Wars
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal

+2
Alex
Kenzu
6 posters

Go down

Do you support this update?

IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_lcap0%IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_lcap27%IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 3 ]
IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_lcap0%IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_lcap18%IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 2 ]
IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_lcap55%IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Vote_rcap 55% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Empty IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:51 pm

I propose the following update:

It will be possible for smaller players to hit much bigger players for kuwal, if the big players keep too much kuwal in the open.

The formula:

Kuwal stolen % = (STRIKE/DEFENSE) x (STRIKE/DEFENSE)
or simply
Kuwal stolen % = (STRIKE^2)/(DEFENSE^2)

This is how it would work:

Strike = 100
Defense = 100
100% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 90
Defense = 100
81% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 75
Defense = 100
56.25% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 66.67
Defense = 100
44.44% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 50
Defense = 100
25% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 33.33
Defense = 100
11.11% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 25
Defense = 100
6.25% kuwal in the open is stolen

Strike = 10
Defense = 100
0.01% kuwal in the open is stolen

Example:

One guy has 400 million strike
and there is a guy who has 600 million defense, but he has 1.200.000.000 kuwal out

Even though my strike is small I can attack him and I would steal 375.000.000 kuwal, which leaves me with nice profit.

or

There is a guy with 3 billion defense and 10.000.000.000 kuwal out.
A guy who has 1.5 billion strike has now the possibility to hit him and steal 25% (2.500.000.000 kuwal)
(a decent profit if you ask me)

Farming this guy would be profitable for anyone who would have at least 1 billion strike

What I definitely don't want is having some lucky roulete going on where there is a chance that I steal kuwal or not.
I want to have the job done in 1 single hit and also have the rules simple and straightforward for all new players to understand.
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Empty Re: IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal

Post by Alex Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:59 pm

I do not support any update which means a person with a lower strike then my defence can farm me. What then is the point of a defence? If they want to take my kuwal they should have to build a strike that is bigger then my defence.

JMO

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

ID : Whaddya wanna know this for huh?

Alliance : None at the moment.
Number of posts : 1026
Registration date : 2009-10-21

Back to top Go down

IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal Empty Re: IF Strike < Defense THEN gain a fraction of kuwal

Post by Sandwalker Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Agreed with Alex who for some reason hasn't voted in the poll.

Sandwalker
Aderan Super Soldier
Aderan Super Soldier

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for that I read the post before voting then got distracted by typing a reply.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:24 pm

I do not support any update which means a person with a lower strike then my defence can farm me.[/quote]
So just cos I build a 10 bil def and the top strike is 8 bil, then I dont have to worry about getting farmed anytime soon cos said person will not bother upping their strike by 25% just to be able to hit one more person?

The logic is flawed

Alex wrote:What then is the point of a defence? If they want to take my kuwal they should have to build a strike that is bigger then my defence.
The point of a defense is to keep your kuwal safe.
And before I answer the second question, please repeat about what kenzu said about kuwal stolen when strike is lower than def
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:32 pm

Admin wrote:So just cos I build a 10 bil def and the top strike is 8 bil, then I dont have to worry about getting farmed anytime soon cos said person will not bother upping their strike by 25% just to be able to hit one more person?

The logic is flawed

I 100% think that the person with 10b defence in that situation should be 100% safe.
The person built the defence to be safe from everyone, not 'just cos'.
If 1 person decides to build a huge def and doesn't get farmed it's not going to break the game. If alot of people build bigger defences to not get farmed the farmers will increase their strikes and the game wont be broken.

Admin wrote:The point of a defense is to keep your kuwal safe.
And yet with this update the kuwal wouldn't be safe, even from those players with a significantly lower strike compared to your defence.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nigatsu_Aka Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:54 pm

This one i like... har har
Nigatsu_Aka
Nigatsu_Aka
Aderan Assassin
Aderan Assassin

ID : I no longer have an account. Taking a break.
Number of posts : 526
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Alex wrote:And yet with this update the kuwal wouldn't be safe, even from those players with a significantly lower strike compared to your defence.

-Alex
Of course it would be safe
I think you still dont get how it works.

Say defender has 1 mil defenders, and 10 bil kuwal out.

Attacker A has 100k attackers.
Attacker B has 1 mil attackers.

Please say how many attackers A will lose and how much he will steal and tell me the same information for B.

Spoiler:
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4363
Registration date : 2008-08-18

http://www.aderanwars.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenzu Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Alex wrote:I do not support any update which means a person with a lower strike then my defence can farm me. What then is the point of a defence? If they want to take my kuwal they should have to build a strike that is bigger then my defence.

JMO

-Alex

The more defense you have, the more kuwal you need to have out in order to be farmed.
Because the more defense you have, the higher repair costs will be and the less the attacker can take

Alex wrote:
Admin wrote:So just cos I build a 10 bil def and the top strike is 8 bil, then I dont have to worry about getting farmed anytime soon cos said person will not bother upping their strike by 25% just to be able to hit one more person?

The logic is flawed

I 100% think that the person with 10b defence in that situation should be 100% safe.
The person built the defence to be safe from everyone, not 'just cos'.
If 1 person decides to build a huge def and doesn't get farmed it's not going to break the game. If alot of people build bigger defences to not get farmed the farmers will increase their strikes and the game wont be broken.

Admin wrote:The point of a defense is to keep your kuwal safe.
And yet with this update the kuwal wouldn't be safe, even from those players with a significantly lower strike compared to your defence.

-Alex

The person with 10 billion defense will STILL remain 100% safe if he has up to 9 billion defense, since the repair costs would prevent anyone from attacking him.

But if the guy has 20 billion kuwal out, he deserves to be farmed because he didnt increase the defense to a proper level.

To keep the game fair, the whole idea of those who have rank 1 defense being invincible must be revised.
This isn't a MMORPG from 90s, this game must remain innovative.

The situation doesn't change at all to for anyone who doesn't have a defense bigger thank rank 1 strike, who has a proper defense and banks in time.
He would
Kenzu
Kenzu
Alliance Leader
Alliance Leader

Number of posts : 3034
Registration date : 2008-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 am

Kenzu wrote:To keep the game fair, the whole idea of those who have rank 1 defense being invincible must be revised.
This isn't a MMORPG from 90s, this game must remain innovative.

If the rank 1 strike > rank 1 defence then the rank 1 defence isn't invincibe.
I personally believe that if you have a defence higher then a strike that strike shouldn't be able to take any kuwal. That is just my opinion.

-Alex
Alex
Alex
Coalition Officer
Coalition Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hai-Shulud Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 pm

This is a bad idea in my opinion - all this would do is stop people building a defence and build a ridiculously high covert instead so no one can see how much they have out. Personally if this was implemented id scrap building a defence and just concentrate on a medium strike with plenty of tech points to reduce losses and a very high covert. Just my 2 pounds...
Hai-Shulud
Hai-Shulud
Aderan Miner
Aderan Miner

Alliance : The Crusaders
Number of posts : 226
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down